he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
In it to win it [gym battle/C]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 21:11:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Round 1! Fight!
[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
A Hatterene was indeed a Pokemon not to be underestimated, and Hideo's had been in a fair number of fights.

But even that strength had its limits. She'd appear emboldened by her successful Psycho Cut, yet it left her unable to react to the incoming Bitter Malice - and what she boasted in strength and durability, she did not match in speed or evasiveness. The Bitter Malice hit her head on, and for a moment, it'd look like she was ready to retaliate.

That moment didn't last long, the Hatterene wobbling before hitting the ground, knocked out.

"Seems like these woods will be spared her wrath," Hideo said, recalling her back into her ball. The Illusionary woods around them began to dissipate, bringing the battlers back to reality.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1140382864001736834/oie_seq1JVi8SaO5.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]

"Well done, Absalom!" Hideo said, a few of the psychic Pokemon maintaining the illusion approaching him. He handed his Pokemons' Pokeballs over to one of them, another advancing towards the Zoroark to give it a Heal Pulse.

"Victory goes to you this day! You did a good job holding out, even when dealing with Pokemon as tough as mine! Though before I give you your badge, I'll ask you what I ask all challengers: was there anything you would've wanted to do differently for this battle?"
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 18:54:55 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

The bitter malice hit it straight on and he waited with bated breath. Would it be enough? For a moment he thought the Hatterne would be able to withstand the attack and the battle would continue. However, before he could brace himself for some kind of attack, the Hatterne swayed and fell over. It was clear the Hatterne had been knocked out.
[break][break]
He relaxed and watched as the illusion faded, returning to that of the gym. They had actually done it. They had secured a victory. Not that he had been doubting his Pokémon. He was well aware of the fact that his Pokémon were fairly strong. And that all of this was due to their hard work. That and he had always been good at thinking strategically.
[break][break]

[break][break]
The gym leader complimented him, making his face heat up a bit. "Thank you," he said, relieved that his voice came out strong and steady. The last thing he wanted was to be so flustered that he ended up stumbling over his words. Wouldn't that be embarrassing?
[break][break]
While his trainer was interacting with Hideo, he allowed the psychic type to approach and use Heal Pulse on him. Once the psychic type had done that and he was good to go, he would make his way over to his trainer, which would not be noticed at first by Axel.
[break][break]
The gym leader's words left him flustered. He was half a second away from downplaying his own achievement when Mirage brushed up against him, letting him know he had returned and bringing him back to his senses. Oh, whoops, that had been close. He had downplayed his own achievements, something his family didn't like. If he had done that and word had somehow reached his sister, he would receive another lecture. And even pointing out he wasn't doing it on purpose wouldn't have saved him.
[break][break]
"I enjoyed the battle," he said instead of what he had been about to say before continuing. "I would have researched double battles first. This was my first time, and I had trouble splitting my focus in the battle," he admitted sheepishly. Pretty careless of him to go in blind like that. In the battle, there had been times where he had been a bit delayed in giving one of his Pokémon an order because he had been so focused on what one Pokémon was doing.
[break][break]
He had to keep reminding himself that he was battling with two Pokémon and not just one. Until now, he had only done one-on-one battles. But as a trainer, he had felt that if he wanted to be a good trainer, he needed to know all battle styles.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 23:21:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo quietly listened to Absalom's words, nodding along as he spoke.

"Double Battles can be pretty intimidating if you haven't done them before! You gotta split your attention between your two Pokemon, and still focus on your opponent's pair as well! A lotta ordeals out there might force you to use multiple Pokemon at the same time, and deal with multiple attackers. I gotta admit, I trained my Pokemon to be more independent, in part 'cause it can be hard to keep track of everything when there's a lotta battlers."

It also helped in single battles and day-to-day life.

"There's always room for improvement with any battle, 'specially with something you're doing for the first time. What's important is that you were able to see your way through a challenge you've never done before; you'll likely have to go through many different types of battles in the future, so learning how to improvise, adapt, and overcome is important. But I gotta say you did pretty well for your first double!"

Hideo reached into his pocket, taking out a badge.

"That's why I'm offering you the Ordeal Badge - if you'll accept it."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 16:06:02 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

He listened with rapt attention to what the other person had to say. As they mentioned that double battles could be intimidating for those who weren't used to it, he nodded in agreement. He hadn't expected the battle to be as intimidating as it turned out to be. This was mainly because he was often too rash to pay much attention to that kind of stuff. However, in battles, he was more cautious. His rashness usually came into play when he was exploring.
[break][break]
Now, that was interesting. Training his Pokémon independently sounded like something he could do. Out of all his Pokémon, he would say that Mirage was the most likely to act independently. But that was probably because Mirage was the one he relied on the most, the one he had the closest bond with. This was probably because Mirage was his first ever Pokémon.
[break][break]
"True, I'll just have to get better at splitting my focus. I'm usually pretty good at multitasking, but I'm not used to it when it comes to battling yet. Training my Pokémon independently wouldn't be such a bad idea either," he said, his attention momentarily straying to the ghostly fox at his side.
[break][break]
Mirage seemed to have his attention focused on him, so he took a moment to run his hand through Mirage's fur before speaking. "Thanks, and I understand what you mean. Everything I do is something I try to improve on."
[break][break]
As he held the badge out, his gaze flickered down to his hand before he took the badge. "Thank you, I'll take what I learned battling you to better my own skills," he promised.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:27:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: