Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Date with Tyrantrum, Featuring Criminal Activity [M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 1:00:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"..." Howard tapped his foot on the floor as he glanced up at the National Museum of Natural History's pride and joy: A skeleton of Tyrantrum, put together with absolute care from a casting that must've been utterly stressful to obtain and assemble. The kids loved it. What kind of boy didn't want to ride a Tyrantrum? For most, this was as close as they'd ever get.

Hell, Howard wished he could ride a Tyrantrum.

The fossil was put together with enough care that it made Howard want to weep with joy and prostrate himself before the assembled construct. Few people knew, but skeletons and fossils in museums were rarely the actual thing. Most of the time, they consisted of casts made from a hard wax. It was common sense. Who would put an authentic hundred-million year old statue next to a vending machine selling Fresh Water? Howard took a sip from his bottle.

That wasn't Fresh Water. Howard wrinkled his nose. That was Unfresh Water.

"Where's he at? He's late..." Howard's foot tapped urgently. He was normally relaxed, but today in particular? Stressful. It threatened to ruin his vibe. "Come on..."

After all, it wasn't every day that you did business next to such an absolute specimen like this Tyrantrum! Oh, and how could he forget the Bastiodon beside it? They were both so spectacular~!  

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 2:00:44 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","neonmint"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","iconimage"]

The person he's scouted today isn't particularly impressive. He's not the usual rough and tumble candidate, with something to prove. No, this one's different. An egghead of sorts. A person with credit in the archeology world, despite massive amounts of what Mint could only assume was gambling debt? School debt? Pish posh. Whatever he was, it smelled like desperation. [break][break]

And that's his favorite way to do business. When he'd first started with Rocket all those years ago, he'd been sitting pretty loan sharking in Lilycove. All kinds of desperate bastards found their way to him. Some, good enough to pull into recruitment but most...pathetic. [break][break]

Some would say Howard is the same but Neon disagreed. He liked the niche. And they needed faces in fields that required a delicate touch. Some of their operatives were as good at the charm as they were with a knife, but Rocket couldn't risk overworking them. That's where he stepped in, recruiting would be spies and smuggles for the cause. [break][break]

"Tha's one big fossil- is that another, smaller fossil inside?" he asked, stopping next to Howard, hands in his pockets as he admired the skeleton on display. He'd barely been able to look at this the last time he'd come in to see . [break][break]

"Hope they have something like that in the gift shop. I'd love to snag my own."
he added.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","title"]TLDR;

| mission prompt: recruitment act i [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
it's a highway, highway to the dark [break]
and a neon medusa's got your heart .

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 9:06:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hm..." Howard surprised himself with his lack of reaction to this newcomer's appearance. "There is no need to spend time at the gift shop on overpriced trinkets and mediocre replicas, when I can get you the genuine article with a few men and some trucks."

Despite his casual attitude, Howard did try to maintain a separation between work and play. Whether he liked it or not, this was work. There was no reason to get distracted from the purpose of this visit. The National Museum of Natural History was a splendid sight, given its director's prestige. On a normal day, Howard would've been bouncing off the walls.

Yet he composed himself, even as this newcomer threatened to make him relax. Their casual disposition and tone made Howard want to strike up a conversation. Yet the archaeologist lacked an eye. It meant he saw everything. That included the last vestiges of a clean slate leaving him behind. Slate. Slayte. Heh.

"That Tyrantrum," Howard pointed at it. "Is a replica of a replica, if you can believe it. They aren't supposed to be all jagged like that. They originally had feathers! Feathers! Bites into the ferocious image, it does."

Howard glimpsed at Mint, before turning to look at the Bastiodon display. Magnificent. After a moment, he spoke. "Your proposal? Your group was serious about it?"

TL:DR Asking about that job offer. TYRANTRUM LORE

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 21:59:49 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

Neon snickered, watching his companion stay focused like it was an every day affair to offer a real Tyrantrum skeleton to a stranger. Except they weren't. He'd given a heads up. He'd said what he needed to get recognized. The dead pan just reads as experience. Maybe a tinge of nerves, but Howard isn't rushing him. That's fine. [break][break]

"If they had feathers...does that mean they got all downy and poofy in winter?" he asked, continuing to follow the line of conversation. "Are were they like Eiscue? Thick waterproof feathers and all?" He looks over the display before glancing around at the others around them, keeping watch for people coming and going. [break][break]

He doubted people would lay a trap so close to valuable artifacts but...Howard had just mentioned these were replicas. Not real. He nods to a different display, herding the archeologist there and keeping note of the exits. He doubts its a sting, but one can never be too careful. Desperation, after all, could bite you in the hand. [break][break]

"Wouldn't be here if I wasn't." he said with the flash of a grin as he tucked blond bangs behind his ear. "We're serious. We like smart people with ambition. Connections are a plus." A perfect plant. "We'll bankroll you in exchange for years of service. But, keep in mind, we have a lot to cough up for your particular debt. And we also know some of your collectors aren't...the nicest people."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 8:13:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Depends on the climate, I suppose. Probably the former, given they'd avoid water like the plague. Pretty hard to swim with the body proportions it has. I'll do some research and get back to you on it." Howard said with a faint hint of excitement.

This was happening. This was actually happening. His debts were to be washed away, even as he sold his soul to the devil he knew. Mint was good at his job. He made the archaeologist feel at ease, even as he recognized Howard's talents. On one level, Howard was aware that the recruiter was hyping him up, yet that didn't matter. He was desperate. The loans were piling up. It was getting bad.

"I'm not opposed to this, yet I need to still live after my... expenses are paid off. Behind his smile was a tautness. He was desperate, but he also had to maintain a cordial front. If he looked too desperate, he would be easy to cow. "Pay, plus commission on artifacts sold or used as research. It's... a pretty penny, sir." Howard shrugged and coughed into his fist.

"Yet once the profits roll in, you won't be disappointed. Although..." Howard cracked a wry smile, slightly tighter than normal. "You don't need me to sell you on my talents, I presume?"

TLDR: Acting casual with small ticks of nervousness and worry. Appearing to appeal and seem valuable.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 2:38:28 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"Please do." Neon said with an excited grin. They move the conversation back to business and he nodded along. "We've gotten them to lay off. For now. Just long enough to give you some time to mull over our deal." he explained. But the dread hangs over them. The moment Howard said no, they'd let go of whatever temporary protection they'd given him. [break][break]

"Mmm, you want base pay for labor, plus a percentage commission sold? Or if we research it a bonus then?" he shook his head slightly, though his eyes glint with mischief. "No, but maybe a sales pitch might help your case when it comes down to those percentages you mentioned." he said. [break][break]

"Why you deserve a higher commission?" He turns his full attention to his new recruit. [break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 20:10:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Oh? I have to prove myself for the raise? Was the Tyrantrum fact not enough?" Howard scratched his chin. "Did you know that Galarian knights had their helmets made from Rampardos skulls? Their brains shrink when evolving, and they become the size of my fist. Perfect for making helmets." Howard made a fist and looked at Mint, who was now giving Howard his attention. Turning towards Mint, Howard dropped the hand.

To prove himself... Why did he deserve a bump in pay? Seriously? He spoke a dozen languages that were still used, and even more that were dead. He had passports to almost every region in the world, knew hundreds of people from his travels, and unearthed enough artifacts to decorate a king's throne room.

And Mint wanted more?

Howard blinked. A test. This wasn't about his abilities. This was about whether or not he could convince Mint, and Team Rocket, that he was worth the investment. They likely knew they'd get him no matter what, but this was a game to see how much he could push.

"Because I deserve it. You didn't tell me 'no', so I suspect you don't directly disagree. You're more interested to see if I can walk the walk, as well as talk the talk. 'No basta con predicar, es necesario vivir lo predicado, if you want it in Paldean. I saw a delightful candle belonging to the Hoyeon landfairers in a pawn shop two roads down. Authentic. Worth ten times what they're selling it for." Howard shrugged.

"I walk out now, buy it, pawn it to the museum or sell it under the table, and I'm sure we could get you one of those souvenir skeletons in the gift shop."

TLDR: I speak not!spanish and im appealing to authority pleaseeeeeeee
- Howard

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 19:20:01 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"Not a raise. We're discussing your percentages. Raises come with time invested, effort given, etc. The usual corporate ladder spiel." he said with a laugh. He blinked in surprise. Rampardos....get dumber when they evolve? He didn't have one so he wouldn't know. But maybe it was something to keep in mind. [break][break]

He tilted his head towards Howard, listening without interruption. Of course the man would balk, and had this not been dire he imagined someone like Howard would've walked right out. Still, it's always a good thing to hear people's sales pitches. Gave you a little bit of insight to their character. Not that Neon had ever given his. He'd needed a job, they needed someone unassuming and now he's here. [break][break]

"Oh? Why haven't you bought it yourself then? You are strapped for cash right?" Neon asked. "But I'll take your offer. I want my museum souvenir. Never leave without." he said excited as he dusted himself off. "Even better, I'll buy the thing myself and watch you recoup my investment. Real time. I'll even let you pick the cut."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 0:17:12 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course I'm strapped for cash." Howard chuckled, then tipped his hat slightly. "You think my degrees gives me good opportunities? Last thing needs is another poorly paid intern running around. It's like..." Howard trailed off as he silently gauged Mint's expression.

Was this man like him? Someone playing an extroverted game while serious underneath? It was difficult to tell.

"...it's like you're scrolling, and you see a video. You scroll past it for one reason or another, but it turns out that you wanted to watch that video later. You hunt it down online, but it's gone. That's what it's like." Howard wasn't particularly adept with phones, computers, or all the techno babble that was so popular these days, but it was the medium by which people understood each other. A modern Rosetta Stone, in a sense.

"You walk into these shops, you see these valuable things up for sale that nobody recognizes the value in, but by the time you come back with money... poof! Gone. Someone beat you to it, now they're the ones with the money, not you. Bump my commission, I have more money on hand, I bring your employers more valuables, everyone is happy." Howard monologued for a moment, frustrations leaking out. It happened so often, here in Hoenn. People selling heirlooms to get by, and then ending up in a pawn shop instead of a museum.

Desperate times made people ignore the value of the things within their hands. You can't eat an authentic painting painted by Rayeur vi Toleon. You can eat the potatoes selling it would get you, though.

Then, Mint agreed. Howard internally let out a sigh of relief. He inclined his head, and smiled as he extended a hand towards Mint to shake, and another towards the door. The item Howard had in mind was just down the road.

"Of course. Let's get you that souvenir. A gift from you to me to you again."

TLDR: Howard's so invested he's still selling despite mint saying yes what a stupid hatted idiot

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 1:37:36 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

He takes in Howard's explanation, tilts his head to listen closely, and stays quiet. The analogy pulls a little snort out of him, and he found himself nodding along. He claps his hand against Howard's giving him a firm shake. "Cash or card, Doctor?" he asked as he ambled along with the archeologist. [break][break]

Neon is carefree as they make their way down to the little pawn shop. "I'll admit, I'm more of a thrifter myself. I've not looked into antique kick knacks." he admitted. But shopping was shopping, and there would always be something interesting to look at. Plus, with their new candidate along, he'd probably have a surefire way to tell if things are fakes. [break][break]

It's not a hard shop to find, of course. They took advantage of the crowds that walked in and out of the museum to sell strange trinkets and little souvenirs of their own. The door rings out as the bell at the top announces their presences, but they're not bothered too much with other customers already milling inside. He does his own thing, beginning to wander off, but not before slipping a small, neatly folded wad of cash bills into Howard's pocket.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 4:28:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"...!" Howard's mouth opened, then closed. His remaining eye blinked. It was happening. The contract was being signed. Even as, at that moment, the noose tightened around his neck. The rope that Mint Front was hoisting into the air. This was a contract that he would regret, one day.

At this moment, that did not matter. Nothing did. How much longer did he need to grovel, skip meals, sell his dignity, and watch people less knowledgeable than him make infinitely more than he'd ever see in his lifetime? No. It was not fair. Life wasn't fair, and it would continue to be unjust if he refused to not do anything about it.

"Cash. I don't need my bank looking into my expenses." Howard smiled as a wad of bills was pressed into his pocket. He allowed himself a smile. Mint had known. Who else just kept around an obscene wad of paper money nowadays? Mint Frost had known. Clever bastard.

He lead his newfound employer to the corner of Bubba's Big Bargains, cramped delightfully between a hair salon and a berry dispensary. It was positively decrepit, though it did have some interesting knickknacks for Mint to sort through, including a bronze Spinarak statue sitting atop a bed of Ledyba.

Howard, meanwhile, plucks the candle out from behind a fake photo of Galarian royalty and a rock allegedly belonging to the meteorite that almost destroyed Hoenn. His one eye peered at the price tag. 75 PD.

"These amatuers." Howard chuckled as he walked towards the counter to pay. He loved these tiny, scam-ridden stores. They were too busy looking down and selling fake or overpriced objects that they never looked up to see when they had something genuine. He flicked open some bills, then pulled a few crumpled ones from his wallet. "Nobody respects the hustle anymore."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 0:32:05 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

While the shop is more so geared towards antiques and precious items that one would associate with a museum, there are some random pieces of vintage mainstream. Neon delights in combing through piles of '10 PD', plucking out bits and bobs that probably aren't worth much but he finds interesting all the same. As he does, he thinks of who may delight in working with this recruit as well. Forgery, after all, was one of their strengths. [break][break]

Surely a man capable of checking for that very thing might be of interesting to them. He eyes the little Spinarak statuette, wondering if perhaps he gets it for himself and his own baby spiders, but then thinks better on it. [break][break]

Neon is content with the little trinkets he's plucked out of what may as well be garbage bins. What he brings to the counter vary. A small make up compact, empty but with a rather Art Nouvea flower print on the front, a barrette that looked like it may have been made out of jade, a random brass key, still on a ring, and wood carved figure of a Zigzagoon about the length of his thumb. [break][break]

He puts down cash, and watches his little treasures put in paper bag and handed over. It's not really about their wroth, its more so about the occasion. Why not? He had extra after all. "Like what you got?" he asked once it was all over with and they could safely speak outside. He grins at his recruit, pulling out the wooden figure first. "I think I'll use this for a fairy garden on one of my succulents." He shows it off, clearly his favorite object before putting it away. [break][break]

"Depending on how well this goes, you might be just get a budget specifically for buying and selling whatever pawn shop misses you can catch."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 9:00:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Is that on the table?" Howard chuckled as he plucked out some funds and paid, before cursing and checking his wallet. He looked up at the cashier. Middle aged, tired, likely contemplating suicide. There wasn't a line behind Howard and Mint, and Howard suspected that a clerk with no work was a happy clerk.

Plus, he needed some change.

"75 PD." The clerk said as Howard rang up the item. "Sure, a hundred." Howard slipped the clerk a bill, then glanced at Mint. "Damn, actually, I have too many large bills. Do you have change?"

What was he scheming?

"I've got three fives and ten ones." The clerk replied, Howard nodded, and took the ten ones and three fives. Then, he winced. "Sorry, I have a lot of ones. Can I trade you the ten ones for a tenner?" The man's nostrils flared, but he did what was asked. Howard passed him a handful of dollars.

"You gave me seven."

"Sorry. You know what? Screw it. Sorry I've made a fuss. Just give me the twenty and a five and I'll give you three ones and two fives back to make it even." The money exchanged hands, and Howard smiled and apologized. He stepped aside for Mint's purchase, and slipped the extra ten PD he had just made in change into his wallet.

"I'm content. You grow succulents? I didn't think it, given our employment at the museum." Howard blinked, before carefully considering his words. "I figured you spent your time examining specimens and whatnot."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 1:25:09 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

Neon nodded, grinning at his wares and waiting for Howard to finish the transaction. Now he was just showing off. Which is fine, this is a trial thing after all. Well, to Howard. Neon had already elected to recruit the poor archeologist. [break][break]

He says nothing dropping exact change pocketing the little figures close. "I don't grown them, more so watch and maintain them. They don't seem to get any bigger no matter what I do." he said with a small sigh as he folded his receipts with one hand and shoved it into his pocket for an expense report. [break][break]

"Hey- I can have hobbies." he said before adding. "We got a lot of plant people in the office, surprisingly. Ever heard of crystalblooms?" he added , remembering as one of his main to go people for anything botany related. [break][break]

They amble out the pawnshop and back to the museum.[break][break]

"Anyway, I do a lot. Believe or not, I'm not actually a scientist. I just do a lot of field work." he said with a wide grin. No that he was an idiot, per se, but he was more researcher adjacent. "In any case, I think I've got more than enough to write up an agreement. Let's discuss those percentages over some drinks." he said, stretching his arms above his head and stifling a yawn. [break][break]

"How do you feel about Starbucks?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]

| crystalbloom mentino | mission prompt: recruitment act i [break][break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 17:58:10 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: