1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 19:10:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

Everything around the carnival seemed to be in full swing, and Yuina was doing her best to kind of try and stay focused on just one thing at a time so that she could enjoy the experience. None of this looked any kind of familiar, not like at least some Pokemon kind of pinged a very very deep thought somewhere in her brain, she just couldn't clock anything in the carnival. But that was okay! It was all new and exciting that way, and that was what really mattered, that she was having fun! She walked by a group of kids splashing around in a Magikarp Fishing Game and trying to get their lines to hook onto the bobbing fish, and Yuina smiled at their fun. Maybe she would come back and try the game, but there were so many that she could choose to play from! Off to the side though, she heard some uproarious laughter and shouting coming from the rodeo game, and she wondered what could really be driving people that crazy about something at the carnival? She moved over in that direction to see what was going on!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 7:00:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The commotion at the Tauros Rodeo was centered around a green-haired female taking a seat on the wildest, strongest Tauros the attraction had to offer. It was a Pokémon seldom seen there due to the need to demonstrate the skill to even attempt a Qualified Ride on the big, muscular, and smart bovine. It was so excited that the horned normal-type started bucking Hoenn's Wildest Rider in the chute. For most, the kicking would intimidate a rider into changing their mind and sliding off the bull's back. She looked like she was enjoying herself up there.

When the gate swung open, the vicious Pokémon wasted no time spinning and kicking in circles, fiercely bucking in an effort to unseat Shalin. She looked like she was having the time of her life, reveling in the thrust of each kick. "Yeow!" she cried as the smart Pokémon heaved the brave girl, thrusting its back upwards right where she was sitting. Lathiel yawned, growing bored of watching the Tauros trying to give Shalin the heave-ho.

CY|MYYt8 Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 175}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill          Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 17:16:02 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

No sooner had Yuina approached the given area where all of the ruckus was taking place when things really ramped up as the gate swung open with a wild looking Pokemon trampling around in circles and a woman sitting atop it. Yuina gasped, stumbling backwards, the commotion of it all was a lot and the gate shook and rattled almost violently, startling a poor kid standing next to it. Yuina tried to think fast, in case things got too much more out hand, she released Roble the Voltorb.[break]
"Roble, play with the nice kid, I'll be right back," Yuina said, turning in the direction of the rampaging Pokemon, and the Voltorb turned with bright eyes towards the crying kid and started to roll and bounce around on the ground in sheer joy and excitement, earning a smile and a giggle from the small kid.[break]
Yuina tried to think... Does she help? Does the woman need help? The Pokemon is gonna trample everything... She needed something fast to get out of the way just in case, but imposing to maybe try and get the Pokemon to stop... She rushed forward, throwing a Pokeball out into the scrambling crowd, and Kyoko appeared standing tall on her haunches. She raised her paws and shook out her neck, and in a flash it was as if she'd set her entire self on fire as purple and red flame whooshed to life in an attempt to stop the pokemon, if only for a moment.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 4:44:19 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Tauros' horns gleamed in the sun as it sounded a loud moo, fiercely bucking Shalin back and forth. With a mighty leap and kick, the normal-type found the sweet spot, snapping its back right underneath where Shalin was sitting and hurling her off. Unlike in Unovan events similar to this one, these Tauros didn't need to be physically agitated to put on a mean buck; they were obedient enough to stop once their rider had been undeated. For such a mean Tauros, it sure had a calm side Shalin wasn't expecting.

Bewildered, the cowgirl stood up to see where she ranked on the leaderboard. It was a Qualified Ride, the first one of the day and only the seventh one of the entire carnival so far. While it wasn't first place, she would have plenty of time to try again. Even Lathiel raised a claw and waved to her, impressed with her feat of dexterity.

The first thing she noticed was Kyoko's red and purple light. "Oh, hi there!" Shalin waved to both the fire-type and the young lady she assumed was its trainer. "That's normal for the Tauros Rodeo," she explained, gesturing toward the sign for the attraction. "At the very top, they've got Tauros that professionals warm up with. Nothing like they actually compete with at the top, though; I'd get tossed off one of those in a split second."

sTCNBJmo Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Reference a Tauros Rodeo contest (3rd thread)

{WC: 233}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 0:20:56 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Just as quickly as things seemed to be strewn into utter chaos, all of a sudden there was nothing wrong and the ding ding ding of the leaderboard of the Tauros Rodeo rung out to put the woman's name up there... And Yuina stood there rather flustered that when it seemed like there was so much happening all at once and she thought she was trying to help, it turns out she didn't need to at all and her efforts were for not. Kyoko was just as confused as Yuina, the Typhlosion idled for a moment, her fire still flared around her, but then she powered down a bit as the moment got kind of awkward...[break]
"Oh uh... I... I thought you were in trouble? I've never been to one of these events before, I guess it just seemed like that Pokemon was really angry and that you might need help distracting it," she stammered, really just how awkward could it be that she nearly ruined a carnival game for no reason other than her own misunderstanding?[break]
Having done his job of needing to cheer up the crying child, Roble rolled back towards Yuina with bright eyes that gleamed as if there were a smile beneath them on his round face, bouncing around Yuina's feet when he returned. She looked down briefly, glad that Roble was close by again, but she still felt weird about this whole thing.[break]
"I'm sorry I almost ruined your game, I hope that you still did get a good score for playing," she commented, just trying to amend what little she could of the encounter.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 3:51:38 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though she at first was perturbed Yuina didn't understand what was going on, Shalin was understanding and spelled out what she was doing. "So this Tauros Rodeo is inspired by a southern Unovan sport of the same name. You sit on the back of a Tauros that does its best to try to buck you off. To get a score, you have to stay on it for at least eight seconds."

She would go on to explain some finer details before forgetting something important. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn! May I ask who you are?" Lathiel wandered a bit too close to Yuina, though she had plenty of time to step away from the terrifying, amalgamated Type: Null if she desired. "Don't mind Lathiel here. She's still trying to figure out...things," she trailed off. "I've had enough of this for now, though; where you headed next? I might follow you."

vClR1BU9 Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 159}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 19:28:17 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Mulling over the explanation of the 'game' she was given, Yuina wasn't sure how that sounded fun... Why would you want to sit on something that's soul purpose was to get you off of it? That sounded like the opposite of a game.... And yet there were more people hollering and shouting at the next round getting ready to start, and they sounded like they were having a good time? How strange...[break]
"Oh... Okay? I guess I get it, but maybe its just not for me," she nodded, and she would have thought that would be the end of what she turned into a very awkward conversation, but it didn't seem like things were over yet. The green haired woman switched gears very quickly, apologizing for her incredibly strange Pokemon approaching Yuina and then saying that she was going to follow her to her next destination? She was truly taken aback, especially as she looked at the very strange Pokemon that stood very close in front of her, she wasn't immediately off put, she didn't shoo it away, but it sure was a strange thing...[break]
"That's okay? Uhm, she's not hurting anything... I was going to go look at some of the food stalls," Yuina answered, or more questioned, maybe even questioning herself? This whole interaction felt really bizarre, and she just wasn't ready for it. She was hungry though, that much was for sure, and the food stalls off to the side did smell really good.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 4:52:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Unovan rodeo was certainly an acquired taste. She appreciated that the attraction here was at least respectful to the Pokémon; some events, particularly at the pro level stoked the Tauros to buck harder by inserting something scratchy into their rear ends. She couldn't imagine it; the highest-ranked one bucked plenty hard as things were. Then again, she was a skinny woman, lacking the muscle needed to struggle against a behemoth of a Pokémon like that.

"It's not for everyone," Shalin nodded in agreement. "It comes naturally to me, though; I've captured wild Pokémon before by riding on them while they're still wild. It's hard to find ones right for it, but I look forward to every chance I get." It had been a while, hadn't it? Not since she rode a Boltund wild while working with so long ago. She needed to do it again.

"I'm hungry after that, too!" Shalin replied, her Type: Null walking alongside both her and Yuina. "Getting lunch doesn't sound like a bad idea... oh I'm sorry, I think I missed your name!" It was a good thing they were headed to lunch and not to the Dugtrio Ring Toss field; the line for that game was unusually long.

14RHFUot Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Mention a Dugtrio Ring Toss game.

{WC: 208}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 15:41:22 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

The woman certainly had a very.... different approach to a lot of things, like hopping on the backs of wild Pokemon in order to get a ride before capturing them? It all sounded so... Was reckless too mean of a word? Yuina wasn't really sure how she felt about it all, and her entire personality was a whirlwind in and of itself, but she was going to be kind still, there was no use in being standoffish just because someone was a bit different... She was different, she could recognize that, that's why it wouldn't be fair. Roble rolled along on the ground with Kyoko as she walked a bit behind the small group that had formed now, and Yuina could really only still nod along.[break]
"Uhm, yeah, I guess that's one way to do it," Yuina nodded, she still had so little experience about wild Pokemon, but again, that just sounded like it wasn't for her. And then it was time for food! And introductions! Yuina was trying to keep up...[break]
"Oh, uh, yeah I'd like to get some food... My name is Yuina, what's your name," she returned in her best effort, glancing over to the Dugtrio Ring Toss game, and she hoped that the lines for some of the food stalls wouldn't be as crazy as the ring toss game for sure.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 1:21:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Yuina's reaction to what most people would call nonsense at best, madness at worst, was rather tame. She had received far more adverse ones from many of her close friends. It made her more confident that the two shared a lot of interests. "I've seen others with unique ways to catch Pokémon, too," she answered. "Back home, I knew a baker that caught every single one of his Pokémon through feeding them. He made a killing selling the highest quality Poffins in Johto. Right, I'm not from Hoenn originally."

As the food stalls approached, Shalin completely ignored the fact that she had already said her name once, acting like she had never introduced herself to Yuina. "Right! Name's Shalin, the wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn! And this is Lathiel," she also introduced the chimeric Type: Null, who was just starting to get used to being around people. "Be careful around her; she can be a bit short-tempered."

Shalin's eyes shifted around the main food stalls, one catching her eye. "I'd be down for some Paldean, as long as it's not too spicy." The lines didn't look too bad, either. "Once our food settles, I wouldn't mind hopping on some of the high-octane rides around here, what about you? If they're too much for you, there's a legendary Pokémon carousel that's one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!"

IAq1gita Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 236}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 21:16:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

All at once it seemed like the interaction was flying through from meeting to introductions to story telling to where they were going next, it was a bit of a whiplash experience, but to Yuina it seemed like that was just the way this person was, high energy with a desire to just go everywhere! It was a bit overwhelming at first, but Yuina was doing her best to keep up as they started to walk through the carnival now together.[break][break]
"Okay, Shalin, it's nice to meet you," Yuina nodded, knowing her name now would make things that much more simple, and learning someone's name was always a good moniker of a conversation going well, at least to her.[break][break]
"Hmm, poffins? I haven't heard of those yet, I wonder if there are any around here? There are so many different kinds of food stalls it looks like," she wondered, she wasn't sure what a poffin was, but it did sound like some kind of treat? Roble and Kyoko kept pace as they walked around towards the food, and Yuina was certainly inclined to try a stall that had something called Ribbon Fries! Fortunately the line wasn't long and she was able to get her order with little trouble, and started to take a piece of the mound of spiraled and fried potato.[break][break]
"I'd like to go on some rides, yeah! Which stall do you want to visit? Kyoko can go find us a table to sit at," Yuina inquired, and the Typhlosion moved around towards the cluster of tables off to the side in an attempt to find one to sit at.

notes[break]
Eating a Carnival Treat![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 4:35:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Poffins are a kind of treat for Pokémon," Shalin clarified. "Popular among coordinators. I tried a Pokémon Contest once, and I couldn't get into it. Not knowing the themes in advance kills the experience for me." She waited in line for some Ribbon Fries as well, the snack looking quite tasty. It was a bit on the pricey side, but she was on vacation! It just meant she would have to take an extra Ranger ticket to make up for it when she returned. How would she have time to juggle that with her Captain training, though? , , and were certainly showing her no quarter with her training that felt more like boot camp.

"How about we start with the legendary Pokémon carousel, then?" Shalin suggested, with it not being too far. "Instead of your typical Rapidash and Zebstrika, there's at least one of almost every known legendary Pokémon there!" Provided Yuina agreed it was a good idea, Shalin would lead the way, Lathiel grabbing the last handful of fries from her trainer's cardboard holder without her permission. "I know you're excited, Lathiel, but you really should ask first. It's rude to take things without asking!" The Type: Null raised a shaking claw before lowering it and walking toward the carousel.

There was one Pokémon Shalin had her eyes on as the last group of riders disembarked: a Resolute Form Keldeo. The blue saddle and reins on the life-sized statue of the Sacred Swords' apprentice was adorable. "That one's mine," Shalin pointed to the water-type. "What about you? You have a favorite legendary or mythical Pokémon?"

Smh7fneN Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 274}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 2:17:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The ribbon fries were so tasty, Yuina couldn't help the smile on her face! The snacks and treats all looked so good, she kind of wanted to try everything that she could! But she was sure that there would be time to try some more snacks later, she definitely wanted to ride some rides and Shalin was leading the way. Yuina had returned Roble to his Pokeball so the ball didn't have to worry so much about getting stepped on, but Kyoko padded along with the small group as they moved towards what Shalin called the Legendary Pokemon Carousel? Yuina wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to mean, to call it legendary? Maybe it was just a moniker of sorts to make the ride sound more exciting, but Shalin hopped on and started to talk about the Pokemon figures that were there, that they were legendary and mythical Pokemon?[break][break]
"Hmm, legendary Pokemon," Yuina thought aloud, trying to think, she wasn't sure that she'd heard of the phrase before? What made something mythical, compared to other Pokemon?[break]
"What does it mean? For a Pokemon to be 'legendary' or 'mythical'? I don't think I've heard that kind of phrase yet," she wondered, so she couldn't really say that she had a favorite... But as they got situated and got to a point to pick out their mounts, she couldn't help but look at a glimmering, shining dark blue and silver Pokemon that stood on four strong legs with piercing red eyes and a glittering, gleaming diamond embedded in its chest. There was something... Familiar...? Something... Alluring? She just couldn't... quite place why she felt like she recognized or at least knew of the Pokemon...[break]
"What's this one called?"

notes[break]
Riding the merry-go-round![break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:20:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
They weren't well-known; Shalin herself was only familiar with a few of the Pokémon on the carousel. "Rare, powerful, and often unique Pokémon," she answered Yuina. "Think of them like gods. Some of them have powers humans can't be trusted to wield." Little did her friend know that the Pokémon she was in the saddle of could manipulate time itself. There were few more effective ways to be truly immortal than dominion over time. With a Patron that could potentially undo its Avatar's death, the Timelord Dialga was truly one of the most terrifying species on the planet.

"I've never heard of or seen that one myself," she admitted before taking a seat on the back of the Keldeo nearby, positioned behind the Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in front of him. "This one's Keldeo, and I'd love to meet him some day!" Holding the small but swift equine's reins in one hand and wrapping her other arm around the golden bar holding the statue of the Sacred Swords' apprentice to the structure's base, she was ready to go. The blue and orange saddle on his cream-colored back was a nice touch, reflecting the species' positive interest in humans that went contrary to the others members of his quartet.

As the carousel started its circular path, she heard Lathiel banging at a nearby fence, clawing in the direction of a young man's Lucario that was astride the oversized and adorable saddle-wearing Mew. "Lathiel, knock it off!" she cried, withdrawing the Type: Null before she caused any real damage.

{WC: 260}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Carnival Chaos [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 0:42:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The concept of such powerful Pokemon... Was it really true? Were they such awesome, powerful creatures that they were referred to as legendary because they were so otherworldly? It seemed... Far fetched, but she was learning new things every day, who was she to say that something wasn't real or true just because her memory span of only a couple of weeks hadn't clocked it yet? The ride began its slow rotation, the music jingling in the air, and Kyoko smiled on her maw as she stood beside Yuina sat on the strange blue Pokemon she'd found. The fire type watched out in the distance as they slowly passed by the surroundings, watching a game of humans trying to tug a rope between each other, and her ears perked up at the intensity of the game, wondering what they were doing so fervently?[break]
"Hmm? What is Keldeo? What kind of Pokemon is it," Yuina inquired, interested to know what made that particular Pokemon such a wonder for Shalin? It was like talking about wanting to meet a favored author, or something along those lines, the way Shalin regarded the Pokemon. It must be pretty special?

notes[break]
Reference tug of war game![break]