Alphonse Gambino
A Game of Meowth and Rattata [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 1:11:28 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

The commotion outside of Sheriff Navidson's door would be something he could hear even with his door closed. It wasn't that Dewford's sheriff's office was a small building - but it was far wider than it was tall, and its sprawling architecture made one imagine it had been some other civil building once upon a time. Naturally a recently appointed sheriff who had been quite busy meant that more funds had been set aside for the old place - but it still showed its age in subtle shades of dilapidation.[break][break]

Ceiling tiles had to be replaced every few months until they could get the air conditioning unit to stop spreading condensation from the roof into the attic. A few original floorboards still creaked in the janitor's supply closet. And god forbid anyone try to flush more than one-play paper down the men's toilet in the third stall.[break][break]

But it had a homey, old-time feel. Frosted windows meant less when you could hear voices carrying through the perpetually ajar windows atop the doors, and see easily recognizable silhouettes through the obfuscating glass. And Navy would not need superhuman hearing to recognize the sounds of his rotund receptionist from Galar - Big Jim O'Donald. The man's dulcet tones could be heard at the best of times - he was loud.[break][break]

Kind-hearted and a good face for the office in the public eye, but loud nonetheless. When he was happy, he sang the loudest at the bar. When he was angry he bellowed like an Exploud. And even now - with his heart of gold and treating a citizen with kid gloves, he was loud.[break][break]

"Ma'am!? Ma'am, I'm tellin' ya, ya can't just barge in like this! If you take-a seat righ' there, I'll be 'appy to go get 'im for you! His door is closed ma'am!"[break][break]

The round silhouette of Officer O'Donald and a wiry, older lady came into view on the other side of the glass.[break][break]

"Sheriff! Sheriff Navidson, please! Open up!"[break][break]

"By Arceus you're a strong ol' Zubat! Now, just relax! He'll see you when he can if you sit in the lobby." Jim half-implored, half-ordered the lady who managed to reach out with her cane and rapped firmly on the wooden frame of the door.

notes[break]
is in absentia as is contacted by a citizen of Dewford[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 10:51:53 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s a reason he set his eyes on Lopez’s seat. Men at the bottom and the very top share one thing in common: they’re epochs unto themselves. There’s no followers, no manpower, no administration. Those are responsibilities meant for someone else.[break][break]
Navy would like to say that when the woman stepped into the sheriff’s office that he was doing something of great importance. Maybe reading over some report from the council. Maybe prepping for another dive into the sea so that they might extract Eternatus ore for the war effort against Rocket. The truth was, he was just reading a magazine about automobiles.[break][break]
It’s not that he’s lazy, there are just some days, blessed days, when nothing happens. They’re the days that give a man time to sit down, reflect, consider his next move. The money’s flowing like wine with how many gym challengers he’s getting. Maybe, just maybe, he’ll be able to afford some renovations to the place. Maybe he’ll be able to—[break][break]
The woman’s cries tell him that he counted his blessings too soon. Something’s going on. Hysterical women usually have good reason for bursting into the office of their local law enforcement. It’s going to be one of those days. His deputies are all out and about. is prepping to start high school in the fall. won’t quit beating the dead horse that is Sootopolis and join him full time just yet.[break][break]
Looks like it’ll just be him. Arceus, where’s help when he needs it?[break][break]
His eyes fall on a small hand-carved figurine of a heroic wolf. A blade is gripped tight in her mouth. A girl wrote him a letter that wrapped around the blade.[break][break]
You’re a warrior. You fight. You help people. A shame you never really fought for me. Fight well, father. Fight well or it was all for nothing.[break][break]
The hero wolves were warriors. Warriors never balked at a fight. Standing up, donning his fingerless gloves, he opens the door. Puts on his trademark smile, his practiced nonchalance.[break][break]
Mrs. McConnell. Nice to see you. What seems to be the problem? Harold catch another Qwilfish in his net?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

Alexei the Reaper, Minuit
He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 22:47:00 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

"Cripes! Sorry, Sheriff! Mrs. McConnell won't listen!" Jim explained, face flush with the effort of trying to wrestle the lady back to the lobby. However - once the sheriff directed his attention to the older lady, the receptionist moved off - tipping his hat to the sheriff in one last apology.[break][break]

"Sheriff Navidson..." Mrs. McConnell began, her voice cracked with the signs of age - but also with something else, something deeper.[break][break]

"My Harold's missing, sheriff!" She cried out, and even the words seemed to take effort for her to say - or perhaps saying it aloud made her realize the truth of her words - for the nearly broke down sobbing then and there. The old lady planted her cane on the floor and leaned on it for support, her breath ragged for reasons nothing to do with exertion. She tried to breathe - to calm herself down enough to tell her story to the lawman. [break][break]

"He set sail two nights ago - just a standard outing, catch some fish to sell at market. And, you know, Tuesday night was that storm! It was bad, sheriff, so when he didn't come home I... I thought, maybe, he was moored up somewhere safe..."[break][break]

The old lady wouldn't last long at this pace, standing up on her cane - in the sheriff's doorway. It seemed all she could do to begin her tale. [break][break]

But she was distraught enough that even she didn't seem what to say next - no doubt her mind was going a mile a minute.

notes[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 8:47:53 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hey, Jamie.” He uses her first name. He makes a point of remembering people’s names and their faces. It’s part of his job. Once it was good, simple business practice. Now, it’s courtesy. The people of this community are his responsibility. As much as he hates responsibility, he’s never been the sort of animal to shirk from it once it’s been given to him.[break][break]
I know it feels like the world’s about to end right now, but you gotta calm down, okay?” He’s speaking soft to her. Not the sort of softness you use with a child, she’s too old for that. It’s the softness of a man who understands where she’s coming from. He’s been on the other side of this conversation before. That sort of understanding builds a bridge between people.[break][break]
If he’s at sea, I can find him. If he moored somewhere without signal, I’ll figure it out. But, Jamie, I need you to tell me the route he said he was going.” Fishermen are hunters of the sea. They have favored hunting grounds. Everyone has routines. “No matter what’s going on, I’ll find him. You’ve got my word on that.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 2:03:07 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

No matter what’s going on, I’ll find him. You’ve got my word on that.”[break][break]

Those words - above all the others - calmed Mrs. McConnell down more than the rest. They alone seemed to steady her both physically and mentally. The older lady stopped leaning on her cane. She took a deep breath - the kind anyone would take before discussing something which causes fear - and started again. This time she spoke clearly - and with the resolute strength of a loyal wife who had weathered motherhood and marriage and an unknown life before all that... she spoke. She recounted what she knew from the top - just the way any officer of law and order might appreciate.[break][break]

"Okay, Sheriff. Harold... He planned to go fishing on Tuesday. The weather from Slateport said it'd be all clear this week - and they usually get it right, you know, with their radars and such. He went out on water route twenty - northeast of the island. One of his old buddies from the fire-fighting days lets him dock the 'Peeko-Maria' there, even though its mostly commercial docks."[break][break]

Jamie paused for a minute - and made sure to take another, more natural breath.[break][break]

"He went seaward at about ten in the morning... That was my last message from him. He and his buddy, Richard Flynn - they got to talking and other things I'm sure. But he planned to be back in port just after dark. The storms rolled in at about five or six that night, and... I mean, you saw how bad they got, Sheriff. But my Harold knows how to sail in a storm. About midnight the storms cleared, and... and like I said, he didn't show. I figured he stayed with Richard."[break][break]

Mrs. McConnell's eyes looked watery all of a sudden but she forced herself to go on.[break][break]

"And then... he didn't come home or even message me yesterday. And last night came and went to... And, here we are. My husband is missing - and no one's seen him since Tuesday when he left for some deep-sea fishin'."

notes[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 16:46:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mhm…” His casual air disappears as he listens. Navy was the sort of animal who played this game for a long while. Hard gunmetal eyes regard her. Listen. Dissect the words. A black notebook is out before she’s even finished talking. His eyes never leave her, but his hand scrawls notes.[break][break]
He is no man made for sweeping deductions. That’s not the sort of animal he is. He’s a warrior. One who dives headfirst into a problem. One who swims through its heart. The information she gives is the information that will lead him to an answer he now craves.[break][break]
Plenty of people to talk to. His fellow fishermen, the people down at the warehouse he was gonna dock at. If need be, I’ll charter a boat myself. Trust me, my Voyager’s got the best nose in Hoenn. Hattori’s a great swimmer. I’ll find him.”[break][break]
He looks to Big Jim. When he speaks, it’s with a commander’s voice.[break][break]
Get Mrs. McConnell some coffee. Maybe somethin’ to eat if she’s feeling hungry. Look after her ‘til I get back. Tell the boys I’ll be busy.” Back to Mrs. McConnell, and his voice is soft again. “Just to double check, can you give me the address of the pier he was using? I’ll speak to the guys down there first.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 3:26:39 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

It would not take a man who knew the city of Dewford long to find any of its piers. It wasn't as though the island had the labyrinthine port districts of Slateport and Lilycove. Even so - the necessary real estate for a pier or for shipyards in the first place did necessitate both size and complexity if nothing else. The sheriff of Dewford would no doubt find it easy to navigate to the address provided by Mrs. McConnell - a small, private pier that rented out spaces to smaller vessels - and entire indoor berths built into several large warehouses for commercial goods to be received in bulk. On at least one occasion in the past, a cruise ship from Slateport had docked in Dewford's shipyard to be refitted.[break][break]

The outdoor pier was a long, wooden affair - as most piers tend to be. Well-maintained and thoroughly trafficked, even in the early morning there was still plenty of coming and going of ships. Small pleasure craft were parked next to charter vessels and private fishing boats meant for deep-sea fishing. Mostly men (but a few women) moved about here and there - shouting orders from decks or tossing ropes from pier to vessel. Unless the sheriff made himself quite an entrance it wasn't likely his presence alone would be especially noted or enough to stop the public from making their living. But the dockmaster's office wouldn't be hard to find - a small, one-story building about half-as-large as a small home. It stood as an office building next to the pier entrance - and a security booth was attached to one side of the building.[break][break]

It was from this small lodging that the shipyard of Northeast Dewford was maintained - a dockmaster managed the entire affair, but he had men beneath him as well. A private security firm from Slateport, a quartermaster who kept track of which boats were being used to "sleep" their own crew (and to charge them extra for the privilege), at least three separate clerks in charge of customs and trade paperwork could be found on one side of the office space. And there were no doubt other personnel in sundry.[break][break]

notes[break]
is in absentia. arrives at Dewford's Northeast Shipyard.[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 11:06:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mhm…” His casual air disappears as he listens. Navy was the sort of animal who played this game for a long while. Hard gunmetal eyes regard her. Listen. Dissect the words. A black notebook is out before she’s even finished talking. His eyes never leave her, but his hand scrawls notes.[break][break]
He is no man made for sweeping deductions. That’s not the sort of animal he is. He’s a warrior. One who dives headfirst into a problem. One who swims through its heart. The information she gives is the information that will lead him to an answer he now craves.[break][break]
Plenty of people to talk to. His fellow fishermen, the people down at the warehouse he was gonna dock at. If need be, I’ll charter a boat myself. Trust me, my Voyager’s got the best nose in Hoenn. Hattori’s a great swimmer. I’ll find him.”[break][break]
He looks to Big Jim. When he speaks, it’s with a commander’s voice.[break][break]
Get Mrs. McConnell some coffee. Maybe somethin’ to eat if she’s feeling hungry. Look after her ‘til I get back. Tell the boys I’ll be busy.” Back to Mrs. McConnell, and his voice is soft again. “Just to double check, can you give me the address of the pier he was using? I’ll speak to the guys down there first.

[break][break]

[/quote]