Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 13:18:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The second Navy set his hand on the grifter's shoulder, a part of him knew it was over. Nonetheless, he did his best to entertain Navy's questions, keeping up the facade even as sweat started to trickle along his brow.[break][break]

It didn't help that Isaac was being so uncharacteristically clumsy. Pokeball after Pokeball slipped from his belt loops, certainly not being dropped like some intentional trail of breadcrumbs. At times, they almost seemed to move; a ripple at the water's edge, a shift of the sands below, a swirl of the shadows, and a twinkle of light. But surely that was just a trick of the eye.[break][break]

"What are you talking about?" The grifter's booming voice hid the faintest stammer as Navy stared him down. "This Manaphy egg is a once in a lifetime treasure! Why, I had to travel the seven seas of Sinnoh just to try and catch a glimpse of its majest-"[break][break]

A pair of sickles hooking around the grifter's legs would his first sign he messed up. Navy would recognize their curved shape all too well. His head poking out from below the sands, Sidon the Garchomp shot the two trainers a winning smile. To the grifter, it looked more like a predatory grin.[break][break]

"Strike one, buddy." The other three Pokeballs Isaac had left on the shore glimmered like jewels in the sunlight. The grifter started to sweat even more as he wondered what other hidden horrors the deputy had lurking in the shadows.[break][break]

"I had a supplier, alright?" The man's accent flared up. His mustache uncoiffed a little. It was clear he was feeling the burn. "Said the little buggers looked just like Manaphy. Told me a bunch of small town rubes could never tell the bloody difference. I never set a hand on the thing. I'm just the middleman! Honest!"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:34:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy mistakes the Garchomp for one of Vortigern’s brood at first. Having earned the companionship of the father, his sons and daughters have learned to stay well away from the town. Once or twice, a son has grown bold. Shuwen has sent him flying back into the cave. This one’s trained. Trained different from his style, too. Navy has a hard time accepting these beasts can be stealthy. [break][break]
Listen, buddy.” Navy pats on him the shoulder again. If he has any discomforting ideas about being this close to Garchomp, the detective refuses to let them show. Instead, he slips into a comfortable role. Being the good cop is always fun.[break][break]
You think I’d let this dragon here hurt you? I got a whole cave full of guys just like him outside of town. You just answer our questions and we’ll get you all nice and cozy in a jail cell.” There’d be time for official questions later, filmed stuff to be submitted as evidence in a court of law. There’s none of that here. Here, Navy is all that stands between Deputy Merlo’s Garchomp and him.[break][break]
Tell us where we can find your supplier. Them two guys who handed you the box, who they work for? They your guys, or reps of the supplier? Where could we go if we wanted a, ah, look at the goods for ourself?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:49:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"T-they were just some goons! Honest! I've never seen them a day in my life!" If the feeling of sickles around his legs wasn't bad enough, Navy's hand on his shoulder only made things worse. Everyone was too close for comfort. Everyone was too dangerous for comfort. It was clear this peddler had taken his grift to the wrong town.[break][break]

"Supplier's reps, then," Isaac said. "Makes sense. You're the only one here that looks like you stepped out of Vaudeville. Who sent 'em, anyway? Rocket? A poaching ring? Some local street toughs that got lucky?"[break][break]

"I don't know a lot about him, but-"[break][break]

"And you bought from him anyway?"[break][break]

"Do you think a smart man gets himself into a mess like this?"[break][break]

". . . Heh. Fair. Go on."[break][break]

"He said he was a collector of rarities. That he had Pokemon the likes of which no one had ever seen before. He said he'd had his share of fame and glory, and that he'd be willing to pass it along . . . for a price. I figured, if he was going to let such treasures slip through his fingers, I could use them to make a fortune! Little did I know, he sold me a dud. Just a painted egg and a cheap knockoff."[break][break]

The Phione almost looked hurt by the comparison. Sidon's grip tightened, the barker's stance wobbling in response.[break][break]

"A-anyway! We met in the Granite Cave. You can't miss him. He came out from the rift, one of those horrifying things floating behind him. Its how I knew he was the real deal, you know. And, between you and me, if he can command one of those, you might want to watch your step around him. Who knows what those things are capable of?[break][break]

A rift. It had to be an Ultra Beast of some sort. But which? Isaac had encountered the ones native to the Ultra Deep Sea before, and he'd be a happy camper if he never found them again. Isaac looked towards Navy, trying to get a sense of where the good sheriff's head was at.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 10:40:39 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It always comes back to the rifts. Foolish humans delve too deep into matters far beyond them. They use the innards of a god as a place to hide and store their ill-gotten gains. If the man is from the rift, so be it. Navy has dealt with their kind before.[break][break]
There’s dozens of rifts that lead into different parts of the Ultra Deep.” Navy’s attention goes to Isaac. Their friend is ignored for now, forgotten about while there are more pressing matters at hand.[break][break]
Reading the after-action report from the battle…that’s part of why both sides couldn’t block the other from going in. Hell, some of them are random. Fell through some fighting Rocket’s big guns.” What a terrifying day that had been. Scrambling through the dark like a rat on the mend, trying to find safety somewhere, anywhere. Tumbling through the dark. Finally washing up on shore the next day with an Urshifu guarding his body.[break][break]
It wasn’t an experience he was eager to repeat unless it’s on his own terms. Navy pulls out a pokeball. Tossing it out, Voyager barks. He’s a big, friendly, affectionate Arcanine. He nuzzles against the grifter and takes in his scent.[break][break]
The egg, boy. Sniff the egg. There’s a scent on there you gotta sniff. Not Phione’s. A human one. Afterwards, we’re goin’ hunting.” It’s his turn to look to Isaac, giving him a querying look.[break][break]
Yeah? Wonder what color the ultra beast he had was: white or purple.” He pats their new friend on the shoulder as he asks the question, hoping he’ll take the hint and answer.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 13:25:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Boy, did Navy not have to tell Isaac that one twice.[break][break]

Civilians, lost and terrified, slipping in through rifts they could barely comprehend. Bloody battles over rifts too unstable to exploit and too numerous to defend. His own little sibling being sucked into the conflict, and with it Hoenn making that awful, permanent mark on them.[break][break]

Isaac wanted to share his own story of the rifts so badly. He wanted to talk about the rest camp and evacuation zone he'd set up, how he turned the terrors of an isolated rift into a symbol of hope. He knew he couldn't, though. The revelations that came with that fact would see him on the wrong end of their good cop, bad cop routine.[break][break]

Instead, he simply shot Navy a sad smile. "Shame, isn't it?" he said. "Whether you think its nothing but trouble, or you think its a once in a lifetime adventure, everyone's just trying to use 'em for war."[break][break]

If they were still there when all of this was over, he'd take on a tour through Ultra Space.[break][break]

"White!" the grifter blurted. "All white and blobby, and he was milking it for this horrible liquid. Offered me a vial with my purchase, but of course I didn't want anything to do with the stuff." So now the grifter was playing the upstanding citizen card. It made sense. It took a special breed of sicko to want to work with Nihilego toxin.[break][break]

For the most part, Isaac remained quiet and contemplative. Something felt fishy here, but he couldn't put his finger on why. At the same time, the grifter was compliant, even if he looked ready to piss himself at a moment's notice. Isaac whistled to have Sidon ease his grip, figuring he and Navy could figure out the rest on the road. "I think I'm satisfied. How about you, sheriff?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 9:43:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Arceus…when will people learn?” Oh, he’s satisfied alright. Satisfied with how stupid this grifter and his whole operation are. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Leaving the perp in his capable vigilante’s hands, Navy steps off to make a phone call. A few words are exchanged. The terse phone call ends with Navy nodding for a man who can’t even see him and hanging up.[break][break]
Alright, Isaac. Got a deputy coming to take our buddy in here.” Navy wears a garchomp’s smile when he turns to the man. “Just holding you for questioning, you understand. You’ll be let go in a day or two. Probably.”[break][break]
His expression is much graver when he turns to Isaac. There’s a different quality to his eyes, an assessing one. It’s one thing to hang out with a man, another thing entirely to ask someone to dive into the deep dark blue alongside you. There be devils in the guide of white angels. There be evil.[break][break]
You’ve got some badges to your name, yeah? Looks like I need your help. I wanna hit those guys while they’re hot. Don’t know what pisses me off more, the thought of it being Rocket or indie criminals in there. Either way…can’t do it alone. You in?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 13:14:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"A few, yeah." Really, Isaac had a full set of 6. He'd been sitting on them since before Galar. Sure, one had been from the minor leagues and the other had been a nontraditional spin on things, but he had enough to push for the rank of Champion. Not that he'd ever tell Navy, of course.[break][break]

He was terrified to admit the only thing holding him back was himself.[break][break]

That went doubly so when the mere idea of it being Rocket behind this was enough to piss Navy off. Frankly, it didn't have Rocket's fingerprints on it. They had bigger fish to fry than setting up some small time hustler to look bad. That didn't change the fact that they spanned all levels of crime, from petty theft to active terrorism, so long as they stood to gain.[break][break]

In an ideal world, Navy wouldn't be pissed when Isaac showed his true colors. This wasn't an ideal world. He'd be pissed, and so would a lot of people, and they'd all be completely right to do so. Hoenn didn't have some constant uplink to Isaac's inner monologue. They wouldn't know what brought him here, what changed his mind, and what left him trapped here nonetheless.[break][break]

Any hope Isaac had of a normal life shattered the moment he set foot on that sub. It would be up to him to pick up the pieces and bear their burden.[break][break]

"Yeah." He might as well get a head start. Work like this would be his only saving grace soon. "Yeah, I'm in. Lead the way, Sheriff."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Golden Wind [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 6:01:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: