(not) a love song

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 20:59:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A sigh slipped past his lips as he took her words into consideration. She was right, they couldn't show weakness given their own standing with their group. They posed a danger to one another, but if truth be told? Topher loved that danger. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, maybe it was that haze left over from their bout of intimacy, or maybe it was some other third thing. Before he could catch himself, he spoke the words that had grazed his thoughts without any sense of self-restraint.

"And what if we just stepped away from those obligations? Revocs doesn't need us."

As soon as the words left his mouth, his eyes went wide. Immediate regret washed over his face as he pulled back from his place in the shower with her. He was speaking nonsense and he knew that much. It wasn't like him to be so quick to shirk responsibility, and even he knew that much. Topher felt the weight of his own words seep in as he bit his bottom lip. How could he rectify what he'd said so carelessly? With some quick thinking, he attempted to retcon his words.

"But we need them. They've provided so much for us as far as opportunity goes. We owe them our loyalty."

With his attempt to fix his brief thoughts of treachery on the table, Topher rinsed himself off and took the first step out of the shower. He was quick to dry himself off and switch into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt he'd left behind previously. The fact that it had been among her belongings made it smell like her, a fact he appreciated. Once she was ready to step out, he offered a towel to her.

"I promise I'm not thinking of leaving Revocs so easily," he insisted.

But he didn't realize how eager he'd be to go if his partner were to take the first step.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
from the very beginning you have utterly failed to take action.
awards
195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 1:12:05 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her ears would prick like a dog's if they could. Camellia attempted to not show her interest in his... seeming betrayal of REVOCS so quickly, instead turning her back so that she could rinse her hair under the shower head.[break][break]

In fact, she didn't answer him at all until he offered her the towel. Camellia began to dry off, squeezing water out of her ashen and soot hair before she opened her lips.[break][break]

"Do we need them? REVOCS?"[break][break]

She dropped the dampened towel onto the ground carelessly, walking back into her bedroom to rummage through her drawers for something comfortable to wear. Underwear, a pair of shorts, and his sweatshirt was thrown back on before she went to brush her hair.[break][break]

"They may have helped you, Topher. But what loyalties to I owe them? I joined them for my own benefit and a bit of extra work. If we left..." She set the hairbrush down, turning to finally meet his gaze.[break][break]

"What do we need to worry about? Them? They know they've hired the most capable assassin and fixer in Kalos. Hell, potentially in Hoenn. They would be begging for us to stay, right?" Camellia asked softly, reaching up to place her hands upon his shoulders.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]@topher

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.clt2] --accent: #e0667a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 12:25:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A look of betrayal flashed in his eyes as he felt himself pull away from Camellia's touch. Was she daft? His eyes widened a fraction at the words that rolled off her tongue. Hoennian, Paldean, Kalosian -- any of those languages fell on deaf ears as his brain failed to properly register them. She was talking in a way that lacked any proper meaning behind it. Topher furrowed his brows as he attempted to, at first, doubt what she chose to say in favor of the fact she might have just been bluffing. But the way she eyed him, as if she wanted her own betrayal to feel justified. For Topher, he owed them his very being. So naturally his stance remained on the defense.

"You're joking, right?" his voice cracked.

Paranoia laced his tone as he spoke. He wanted to understand her stance on the matter but he just couldn't. The more he glanced at her, the more his perception of the very woman he'd fallen for began to warp and bend into something grotesque and obscene. Her edges frayed and broke as what he believed to be true of her bled out and stained the eggshell carpet beneath them. And as the pool of his proverbial perception crept towards him, Topher felt his body take a step back, then another, and another.

His breath hitched as he felt the wall meet his back. Fingers brushed against the cool material of the doorknob. Topher had the option of escape, but while his mind raced as any conditioned follower's would, his heart yearned for him to stay. It knew she had a point, and a fair one at that. But the question always lingered of: what if? What if they found someone better and hunted them? What if the very faction they shared a brotherhood with struck them down the moment that betrayal was even implied? His mind ran to the worst conclusion, and naturally it made his stomach twist and turn. It was only natural for someone who had been a victim his entire life to feel defensive towards something that he considered to be his saving grace.

"I think...," he steadied his tone with a sharp inhale. "I think that you sound stupid right now. And I know that's not you, Cam. But you sound so..."

He bit his lip as the word felt like an acrid taste on the tip of his tongue.

"Resolute in your choice."

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
from the very beginning you have utterly failed to take action.
awards
195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 12:45:14 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Camellia would say she was a great judge on predicting how people would react. Call it a gift from watching faces turn in horror or guilt before individuals plead for mercy at her hand, only to be silenced.[break][break]

She was beginning to learn that @topher broke the trend. She never knew how he'd react.[break][break]

Because he pulled away. He looked at her like — like she was a monster. And perhaps she was. But she expected differently from him.[break][break]

"Does it look like I'm joking?" she asked, her previously soft tone she reserved only for him gone in an instant.[break][break]

It seemed the thought that had invaded his mind was nothing more than just that: a single thought, blown away easily by the wind. Camellia believed he held the same reservations she did, though perhaps not as deeply. Or perhaps, because he... loved her, he'd go with her.[break][break]

So, did he love her?[break][break]

There was fire that began to burn in her chest, and it was evident in her eyes the moment he spoke again. "Stupid? Don't you fucking dare call me stupid when I could call you-" There was something that held her back.[break][break]

His tears when he cried the night he was drugged. Cowering in a ball on her bed, begging to not be touched. Camellia's jaw clenched as she balled her fist at her side.[break][break]

"You don't know the first thing about me. You don't get to say that's not me."[break][break]

Right?[break][break]

"Get out." Topher was already grabbing the door knob, right? She'd help him make the decision.[break][break]

"Maybe I was stupid for saying 'I love you.'"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]@topher

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.clt2] --accent: #e0667a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 20:41:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His expression steeled for her insult. What could she call him? Weak? Pathetic? A coward? All insults he'd heard before and from people that were supposed to care for him. But she never finished that thought. Topher readied himself for a verbal lashing that he rightfully deserved, but found himself floored when she cut herself off and hit him with her final words. His mouth fell agape as he looked at her for a moment, attempting to find the words that he wanted to say. (But what could he say? Nothing would fix this.) Suffice to say he was used to people saying what they could to try and hurt him. This one was the killing blow, and the way his eyes burned and yearned for tears to break the floodgates was evident enough of that.

"Fine."

Fine? Everything wasn't fine. But he wouldn't give her the satisfaction of letting her soak up his hurt. He turned to face the door and kept his back to her. Once Topher managed to catch sight of the doorknob and give it a twist, he stepped out into the hall. There was so much more he wanted to do, so much more he wanted to say, but Camellia had clearly made her choice. Now it was time for him to make his. As he stepped away, he couldn't help the burning feeling that rose in his throat.

Fuck, this choice hurt.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
(not) a love song
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 22:11:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@topher