TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
Sweet Lady Lioness [M] [WOFF]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:30:24 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silphtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Delilah's marketing manager had set up her AMIGO profile in order to boost her brand awareness, another social media channel meant to broadcast the beloved celebrity's return to Hoenn...but every so often, Delilah logged in on her own to curiously peruse the region's eligible bachelors. She swiped left more often than not; she lacked time and had high standards, the combination making her especially picky with who she reached out to. It was something of a mindless pastime, in that sense, the same way the popular Rondez-View of Luv game had been.[break][break]
But then she'd come across a profile that had given her pause.[break][break]
A young man who worked as a nurse, who's profile had confidently stated "I wanna learn what the real Hoenn looks like!" She recognized him, because she had made it her business, ever since visiting , to learn the names and faces of the other men and women in the Aqua Assembly. "Hoenn's martyrs", she'd come to think of them, a bittersweet sentiment.[break][break]
was one such person, the Avatar of a legendary Pokémon called Tapu Lele. And here he was, on the Amigo app, inviting just about anyone into his life as he roadtripped around the region.[break][break]
She had to catch him while he was in Slateport. She had...questions.[break][break]
And so she waited, the very definition of elegance as she patiently sipped a cup of tea, sitting outside of the swanky cafe they'd agreed to meet at in Slateport's Upper District. Perhaps one could call their arrangement a date, which she would allow, given his supposed importance.[break][break]
Time would tell just how useful he would be to her. She hoped, at the very least, that he was charming.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
– Mission: Firework Flings (WOFF)[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".silphtest8"]--accent:#c67be8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 23:08:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

From one Silph to the next— hello, !

From one fancy restaurant with a Silph, to a swanky posh cafe with another, he couldn't help but be amused at the stark contrast between now and the day prior.

An entire day in the slums certainly put the beauty of the upper district and its businesses into perspective.

As he slipped into the cafe, giving a smile to the barista behind the counter before moving towards the doors leading into the terrace, the young man moved with a calm heart.

He didn't know what exactly brought on Delilah's interest, but given her job, status and looks, he was willing to wager it wasn't his winning smile.

She got it all the same as he emerged into the terrace, lips quirking up as his eyes found her.

"Good evening, Ms. Delilah!" He said cheerfully as he drew close to the table, drawing back his seat. "I know we spoke before, but all the same: I'm John Sullivan— it's nice to finally meet you in person!"
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 11:21:10 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A bright smile and an even brighter greeting heralded his arrival. Delilah set down her teacup and waved to him, indicating that he should take the chair across from her.[break][break]
"A pleasure to meet you," She replied, holding out her hand. "Call me Delilah."[break][break]
He sat, facing her, and she assessed his real-life appearance with the one on his AMIGO profile. Fairly accurate, she supposed, but there was something about the way he carried himself that was more wholehearted, more earnest, than his photos revealed. And despite the spring to his step, he seemed older, too, than the age he had listed - but why would he lie? It's the eyes, she decided. He has wise eyes.[break][break]
"So, tell me, ," she began pleasantly. "Where are you from, exactly? You're on a mission to discover the 'real Hoenn', yes? But you must have started somewhere."[break][break]
All journeys had an origin: her own had begun in Kanto.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".silphtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silphtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 16:40:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

He shook her hand, nodding.

"Pleasure's all mine, Delilah. Call me John."

His friends called him Doug, but that felt... inappropriate, given the current setting.

"Oh?" He uttered at the question, his smile stretching ever so slightly as he lightly cocked his head. "Well... I must warn in advance— It's an odd story."

The sort that he doubted many would believe, without living in Hoenn for long enough.

"I'm a Kantonian too; we're all over the world, huh?" He said wryly. They truly were a blessed nation. "I moved to Hoenn after... well. You know."

Boom bam war and slammed; they got their government overthrown and ran for the hills.

He leaned his head onto the back of his palm, sighing.

"That... was some... 6, 7 years ago."

Which... gave him more than enough time to get acquainted with Hoenn.

"From my perspective though, it was... quite a bit longer ago."

The young man had a self-amused smile on his lips as he turned his gaze over to Delilah.

"Tell me, Delilah— have you looked into the most recent League and Rocket skirmish? The 'battle for the ancient ruins', as the news are calling it?" He said, before rolling his eye. "They get more creative with each passing season, huh?"
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 2:20:43 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A fellow Kantonian? What were the odds?[break][break]
She cocked her head, dark hair falling over one shoulder as she listened to him speak. When he alluded to the Rocket takeover, her expression softened. She had been living in Unova at the time, having left Kanto prior to the war. Many others had not been so lucky.[break][break]
"I'm sorry," she murmured. "It must have been a very difficult time in your life. I'm glad you were able to make it out safely."[break][break]
His comment about perspective was oddly phrased. It felt like longer than 6-7 years? Well, perhaps his life in Hoenn had been entertaining enough to numb the worst of the trauma he experienced in Kanto...allow him to distance himself. Surely that's what he meant...?[break][break]
Before Delilah could clarify his choice of words, however, John abruptly changed the subject. This time, he threw a question her way - which was to be expected, of course. She collected herself, focusing on the new topic: the recent news regarding...situation at the Ancient Tomb.[break][break]
"Yes, I heard about it. The League government tried to contain an altercation between several dangerous legendary Pokémon - unfamiliar ones, as I understand it? But then Team Rocket also attacked them, and it turned into a faction conflict? Something about everyone falling asleep, some mysterious effect of the Legendary Pokémon?"[break][break]
Reporters had been frustratingly vague on that front. She'd been meaning to contact for more information: that man had a keen nose for gossip, and uncovering answers nobody else seemed capable of tracking down.[break][break]
Something occurred to her, and her eyes widened slightly at the realization. Maybe I won't have to go hunting for answers...[break][break]
"Were you involved with all that, John?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 23:15:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

"Me too." He said, digits tapping at the scar beneath his eye as he leaned his head onto his palm.

She knew about as much as one would expect from a civilian— and a lot less than he would've from someone in 's inner circle— if one assumed she was being forthcoming.

Perhaps they weren't as close as their shared last name would have one think? Well, that was none of his business.

He smiled, humming; if Delilah was not part of Fernando's inner circle, what made her interested in the details? Simple curiosity? Or personal agenda?

"Naturally." He said simply, flicking at the straw of his drink. "The league's best and brightest were all present— for better or worse."

He was sure there were people out there who would applaud politicians that actually put their money in their mouth and stepped into the front lines.

He wasn't one of them, though. Too many risks for an arguably marginal increase in effectivity.

"I take it your brothers have not been very forthcoming about what happened in there?" He said directly, despite his eyes being on his drink.

He didn't care if he was being used one way or another— even in the unlikely chance Delilah was a rocket agent, the group already knew exactly what had happened in the memory Galar.

The information was hardly military-grade confidential.

He never shied from making new friends— and who knew? If he let himself be played just right, he might just make more than a new friend— or at least get a Silph to owe him a favor. Not too bad in any case.
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 22:11:16 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

At the mention of her brothers, Delilah's pleasant expression faltered, the corners of her mouth twitching into a near-frown. She recovered quickly, taking a sip of her tea to mask her momentary discomfort.[break][break]
"My brothers are very busy, as Councilman and Elite Four respectively," she deflected. "Whatever happened to all of you, it seems to be a very complicated affair. Some forget the details, and some remember, or so I've heard. Which are you?"[break][break]
She cocked her head, waves of silky black hair falling across her shoulder. Keen eyes regarded John, trying to discern his intentions for having agreed to meet with her. He didn't seem to be outright flirting with her, though he didn't seem disinterested in her, either. Men either fawned over her or acted intimidated by her - avoiding her affairs due to the weight of her name, not wanting to be collared by expectation. Others were simply too stupid to take a hint. John was something else, something weathered and world-weary. It was a breath of fresh air, she realized.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 20:41:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

He didn't acknowledge her brief slip up, leaning closer while resting his chin atop his palm instead.

"Well, I would say I remember my time there better than most!" He said, smile pleasant as ever. "Though... I can't help but be embarrassed, thinking about it now!"

He laughed.

Unlike most folk, he had spent most of his free time hitting the books and carving wood instead of studying the blade.

Save for the inevitable moments of warfare, it could be a somewhat dull, if fulfilling existence... In his opinion

"That, and... I would rather not monopolize the conversation. He said with a hum, cupping his chin thoughtfully before cocking his head.

He would rather not bore his date, either.

"How 'bout... we exchange stories?" He said, eye glinting. "I'm a bit curious 'bout you myself."
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 14:21:54 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Embarrassing was not the admission she'd expected, not in regards to a conflict involving legendary Pokemon and some mysterious dream state. Unless...perhaps his dream had been embarrassing? Something shameful, perhaps? She tried to imagine what that could possibly be, but she simply did not know this man well enough to say for certain. A loss of power, a mistake made, a fumbled relationship...there were plenty of ways a dream could remind a man of his flaws.[break][break]
"I find the whole affair quite fascinating," Delilah assured him, but did not press him further. A waitress passed by, offering to refill her tea, which she gladly accepted.[break][break]
"Stories?" The somewhat mischievous look in his eyes was not lost on her. "Well now, that's a bit vague, isn't it? Give the storyteller a prompt, so she may be sure to entertain you."[break][break]
Her own eyes shone with an equally playful energy.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 1:38:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

Well, now they were getting into the spirit of things!

"Right then! Let's see..." He dropped his chin atop his fist, humming thoughtfully whilst looking the woman in the eye.

What to ask? He wasn't one to overstep bounds— on first meeting, at any rate.

"What brought ya to Hoenn?" He asked simply, before smiling. "I do mean... Where were ya when ya decided ya were coming 'ere? What was the straw that broke the camerupt's back?"

Given that she was here now, it seemed like the localized meteor alone hadn't been enough...

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 17:20:09 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Delilah chuckled, John's enthusiasm infectious.[break][break]
"I was in Kalos," she began. "Filming a television show. I played a Johtonian princess, it was a period drama." She sighed wistfully, remembering the beautiful, traditional costumes she had worn for that role. She enjoyed acting, for it was always nice to pretend to be someone else for a time.[break][break]
"While the dome was up, I had no way of visiting Hoenn even if I had wanted to. I admit I...neglected keeping in touch with my family, for a time. You see, all Silphs are wokaholics."[break][break]
The statement was a teasing jest, but there was an underlying truth to it that weighed heavily on her soul. It was a blessing and curse, to be a Silph - the responsibility a thing to be cultivated rather than squandered, respected rather than ignored. Her eldest brother liked to remind them of that at every opportunity.[break][break]
"Luckily, the dome came down around the time I was scheduled to return here for a specific event." Now her expression sobered, as she recalled the disaster that had been and 's engagement. "A wedding that never ended up taking place. I've since decided to stay...for there is much to be done here."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 16:54:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

He laughed.

"That checks out!" He said, shoulders quaking.

He hadn't quite forgotten his first meeting with yet.

The laughter didn't last long, though— 'the wedding that never happened' wasn't exactly difficult to parse.

He sighed, scratching at the back of his head.

"I was caught way off guard when I heard of that mess." He said, crossing his arms.

He was always out of the loop on those fronts; drama seemed to just skirt around his notice, no matter how close he was (or perceived himself to be) to those afflicted.

Turning his gaze back to Delilah, he considered her for a moment. Now that they were talking about Matias, the children psychologist in him couldn't help but speak.

"Your brother— uh. Let's just say, he ain't the easiest guy to get along with, putting it gently." He said after a moment, thinking about .

He wasn't entirely ignorant of the man's... transgressions, anymore.

Beat.

"I mean, neither of them are, but I mean Matias specifically here." He clarified wryly, hoping the humor wasn't missed on their sister.

Anyway, moving on—

"So... Spend some quality time with him, yeah?" He said somewhat hopefully... before fixing an annoyed look on his face. "He won't hang out with me much."

Maybe he should be more stubborn in sticking to the man at this point.

Shaking off his annoyance with an eyeroll, he turned a smile back to Delilah.

"Anyway... I guess it's my turn now?" He said, leaning his chin atop his palm and grinning. "Any prompts for the storyteller, or should I take a blind shot?"
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 20:28:13 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"That's an understatement," she agreed with a chuckle. They called her brother the volatile, and it was an appropriate designation for more reasons than simply Groudon's nature.[break][break]
Fernando was by far the easier of the two, she supposed - though had a point: a statement such as the one he had made could, quite honestly, apple to either.[break][break]
"I do need to pay him another visit," she admitted. The last time she'd spoken with Matias, it had been immediately after her arrival in Hoenn - which was, she realized, months ago now. Had so much time really passed?[break][break]
"Tell me about your family," she urged, when John abruptly changed the subject, focusing once more on himself. "Are any of them...?"[break][break]
Alive?[break][break]
She trailed off, sipping her tea. Family could be a sensitive matter, she knew, not to mention the complications of being from Kanto. Still, it seemed like the right time to ask.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:16:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Sweet Lady Lioness

If only they knew.

"I try to be polite." He said in response, before snickering. "Hope you two have fun. Tell him I said hi."

Hopefully, would be able to drop the crazy man act and just be himself again with his family.

aside.

Unfortunately, family matters eventually came around to him. Worse yet, he had little to report.

"No. When I arrived to Hoenn, it was just mom, dad, and grandpa. Never had any siblings." He said, turning his eyes to his drink briefly. Very briefly— his eyes were back on her before any silence settled. "But my family as a whole ended up being very unlucky after Rocket came into the picture— both in Kanto and Hoenn."

He was technically 27 years removed from his traumas by now. He had processed them, for the most part. Discussing them wasn't too much of an ask, even with a new acquaintance. Not as much as it used to be anyway.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights