he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Extraction: Hideo & Skyler
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 12:28:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 12:30:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another day, another mining session. These were getting to be routine for Hideo, though he still couldn't abandon all caution.

For today, he'd be doing it with . He hadn't really done that much with her, apart from that one awkward speed-date they had way back. He'd just have to treat this as a chance to prove he was as competent as he claimed to be.

"Once we get close enough, you'll start feeling it," he said, the hands on his Beheeyem blinking, "so don't be surprised if you start feeling scared or paranoid about stuff. My Pokemon can help protect against its effects, and it's nothing permanent, but it's better if we share it."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 19:04:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
"You're the expert here, squirt." Skyler is all tense muscle and narrowed eyes, following in the shadow of 's footsteps with an ease that betrayed her own protectiveness. "You say where we should go, and I'll follow your lead."

The magenta organ pulses above, and it sends an icy shiver down her spine.

"Congrats on the promotion, by the way. Still wanna rise up to the top?" He'd talked about being champion back way then, hadn't he?

Against all expectations, the captain ends up following through on her word. She keeps relatively close to Hideo, but listens quietly to his advice.

"How about I take the brunt of it? At least for now. I'll need to get used to it, for when I come back."

She can feel it already, like a parasite, creeping up the back of her neck. 

- Skyler chooses to take the brunt of it.
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:22:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:24:20 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was a bit of pride, being recognized for what he knew. He was even the one leading them in, when others would insist on being by his side or leading him on. "The layout's a bit different each time, but finding the core's pretty easy."

But the question that followed left a bitter taste in his mouth, even if it was dressed up with sweetness. "I…I'm just focusing on small stuff for now. Helping out in the smaller scale, I mean. Being a Gym Leader gives me a lot of time to just help teach people and help around Littleroot."

Yes, those were the reasons he gave himself. What he gave others when they tried to ask about the dead dream he once had.

He gives little argument to letting her take the brunt of the radiation. "Alright…just let me know when it gets too bad. We'll try and mine quickly so you don't have to get too much too quickly."

To that end, he let out a pair of Pokemon, an Excadrill and a Diggersby. They'd be doing the manual labor on his end.

"And get ready, 'cause something weird's gonna pop up and start attacking us real soon."

Choice: Focus on mining
+1 curio

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 11:20:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
Bad didn't even begin to describe it. Skyler grits her teeth against the paranoia settling into her bones like it had any right to be there. Her fists clench by her side, and she tries to roll the tension off her shoulders.

Aggresiveness had always been her default response to any threats. She feels it gathering in tense muscles, in the tight cut of her clenched jaw. 's presence, weirdly enough, grounds her just enough to see her focusing on the mining efforts.

"That's - nothing less than what I would've expected from you, squirt." Nearby, Dhelmise dislodges ore from the walls with a quick snap of its iron chain. "Arceus knows Hoenn needs more people to care. Big decisions affect everyone, but it's hard to see faces in a crowd." She feels no need to disguise the respect in her voice.

Once, Skyler had been one of those many faces, leering at the incompetence of their leadership. A part of her, she admits, is still in that place even though she's now privy to what happens behind closed doors.

"Got any plans for Littleroot?"

• Focus on mining.

[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 13:45:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 14:23:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The genuine praise made Hideo blush. "'Course I care about Hoenn. It's my home."

As for how he'd do that? "Well…I already got my Gym set up as a safe place for people. Where if they're going through tough times, they have somewhere to go. So they don't do stuff like join up with Rocket. Maybe it could even be a safe place for people to get out of Rocket. The ones that had nowhere else to go."

The Rockets he'd talked to, and , joined for that very reason. And both wanted to get out when Rocket showed their true colors. Those were the ones he wanted to help. "I'm still working out how, but that's what I want to do."

His Beheeyem warned him something was starting to emerge out of nowhere. Something large. "Here it comes," Hideo announced, in case Skyler had yet to notice. It clearly took after a Gyarados, was thinner and possessed limbs, a large set of wings along its forearms. It walked along the ground, gradually approaching the duo and their Pokemon.

Hideo's Beheeyem didn't hesitate to strike first, tossing a Rock Tomb at the large creature. It'd prove effective, stopping the creature in its tracks, even if only for a moment.

Choice: Battle a fusion Pokemon (Gyarados/Aerodactyl)
+50 points

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 13:40:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
"Not a bad start, squirt. If you feel like you need help relocating people or transporting resources - or any other thing, really - I'm happy to be of service. I live in Lilycove but I'm usually somewhere out on the ocean doing jobs."

Skyler opens her mouth to say something else, but is interrupted by the echo of heavy movement. A sharp whistle brings Dhelmise between the two of them and the incoming abomination.

"What the shit." As eloquent as ever, Skyler slides into a fighting pose, scanning for exits should things go south.

"This normal?" she asks .

Dhelmise is quick to react to the creature's presence, its chain unspooling with the clang of steel on steel. With a quick snap, it launches the chain forward in an ANCHOR SHOT that wraps itself around the Gyarados/Aerodactyl and slams it against the ground.

• Battle a fusion Pokemon (Gyarados/Aerodactyl) +1 curio

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 15:23:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 15:31:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Giant monsters appearing out of nowhere really had a way of grabbing their attention.

"Them popping up is normal, but they're anything but normal!" he shouted. "A lotta them are like a mix of other Pokemon, but some of them are really weird! And they're usually pretty strong!"

Case in point, the weird draconic-like Gyarados they were fighting now. The Dhelmise's Cannon Shot struck the creature, tying it down, leaving it a perfect target for his Beheeyem: energy from Hideo's Z-ring flowed into his Beheeyem, a Shattered Psyche tossing the creature against psychic walls.

It dissipated into nothingness before the attack was even done. "Buuuut they also go away pretty easy. Think the term's 'glass cannon'?" A small blink from his Beheeyem gave him the mental confirmation. "Yeah, that."

"But, uh, at this point, stuff gets really weird here. We usually bail when it gets like this." The change had already happened before he said it, the strange shapes covering the walls - and the world beyond behind them. "Alright guys, let's go! Haul it all!"

His two miners already stored away all they'd extracted; a full haul this time.

Choice: Escape with your full load
+1 curio

Total Haul:
100 RKS points
+2 curios
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 20:47:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Skyler had absolutely no reason to dither, especially now that they'd gotten a generous haul. A Grapploct soons joins their efforts as they gather every single piece of treasure they can find.

Or at the very least most of it.

When Skyler's backpack is full, she hauls it up with a grunt of effort. Around her, and beyond the extent of her sight, shadows start coalescing into weird and contorted shapes.

"Yeah, think you're right." Nearby shadowy tendrils reach out towards her. Skyler steps to the side, quickly following back the way they came in. "We've overstayed our welcome."

Something glints in the corners of her eyes, and Skyler makes the mistake of turning her head to look.

There, sitting amid twisting branches of shadows and symbols, lies a single shiny stone.

No, don't, and yet the thought's barely finished before she's turning back. and their pokemon are going on ahead because why wouldn't they?

They have what they'd come for. And yet greeds eats at the heart of her.

"Dhelmise." Chains link into an extension of it as the ghost appears next to her. "There." 

A Phantom Force opens up under the crystal, and seaweed tendrils reach upward to pluck it from its resting place. Skyler catches it with an insufferably smug smile as she runs to catch up to .

• Escape with your full load. + 1 curio

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 6:49:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXTRACTION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: