3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the wish-granter [m][c][aqua]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 16:36:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

And true to his word, here he was.

Despite knowing how much of a trickster Jirachi was, here he finally was.

(Originally his first meeting with this particular legendary was supposed to be with and Chomper, however the young lady seemed to be busy elsewhere, so he let her be. At least, when the time they would make the trip, he could give her a proper gauge and assessment of the legendary Pokémon’s abilities in battle.)

Of course he wasn’t going to be doing this alone, though.

For today he was with…

“Wait. Wait, wait, wait a second. Are you telling me you’ve already met Jirachi before?!” he blinked.

Today was apparently one surprise after another.

apparently not Navy’s first time meeting Jirachi

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 7:51:39 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s Sheriff Navidson’s truck that pulls up to the cave. It’s emblazoned with the Dewford City Crest. It’s a vaguely Navidson shape in the driver’s seat. The man who exits the truck is, by all rights, not Michael Navidson. The facial features are roughly the same, but older. Rougher. Coarse, like someone has taken sand paper to an image of Navy and aged him like wine.[break][break]
Jirachi looks perplexed, floating towards him. Navy feels the sensation of another presence in his mind. With nothing to hide, least of all his identity and intentions, he lets the Wishmaker see the truth. Afterwards, Jirachi cheers, flying against Navy’s chest and giving him a hug with tiny arms. For a small thing, he’s warm. Patting the star on the head, Navy looks to Lars.[break][break]
Yeah, we know each other. I like the little fella a lot. So much so, in fact…” Another familiar face makes himself known. Hattori the Greninja bows before Lars and Jirachi. He’s holding ice cream in his hands. One cone is given to Jirachi, the other to Lars.[break][break]
…got you somethin’ little guy.’ Jirachi shrieks in delight. Hattori closes the eye left to him after the other was sacrificed in service to his Lord, laughing at the occasion.[break][break]
It’s really me, by the way. Space/Time Distortion’s a hell of a thing. So…” Under the brown beard is a familiar smile. “…today’s a rare day where there’s nothing going on in the Ultra Deep or these caves. Crazy, I know.” He had Vortigern to thank for that.[break][break]
You n’ me…we’ll report that we had a successful combat exercise…but what I wanna do…is show Jirachi around my town. Inside the truck, of course. Tinted windows. No security breach, promise.” He looks at Jirachi nibbling at the ice cream before looking back to Lars. “Deal?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 18:01:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Seeing the familiar Greninja approach, the treat of an ice cream is much appreciated—and the flavor in it to boot was mint chocolate chip. Tasty.

However, fact of the matter was that the person that approached him was…

“Wait. Wait, hold up,” he backtracked, his mind doing a 360 spin and successfully overheating.

“What happened to your hair? And you sound… older? Like. I could fucking swear you didn’t sound like that the last time we met!” he blinked.

This was.

This was a lot to take in, so after he calmed himself down with a bite of the ice cream from the cone he was holding, he had to do another double-take.

“And since when did you have a beard?!” he added on, the confusion piling up higher than ever.

He was… to be fair he was already prepared for a battle, to see if the Weather Trio-damned ‘presence’ in the back of his head would show up or at least drop the mic, so imagine his shock when he realized what they were going to be doing.

“Won’t… won’t the people around here get too suspicious with you driving the truck around? Heavily-tinted windows too, to boot.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 9:51:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

They know my truck, and they know me. Everyone here thinks it’s novel.” Jirachi picks up on the bitter tone of Navy’s voice, or maybe senses the emotion when it bubbles like rotten broth in his mind. “You didn’t go to Galar with the rest of the League government, did you?” Bitterness gives way to wry amusement. Had they been trapped in the heroes’ weapons, then the entire upper level of the League sans Dahlia herself would be gone.[break][break]
It’s just age. I remember what I looked like in my 30’s back in Galar.” And a thousand other things. Memories of holding newborns in his arms, or dancing with Melody under false stars.[break][break]
All this to say…we’ll be fine. Look, I’m the guy who freaks out about stuff. Arceus knows Kyle and the rest act like the craziest shit I’ve ever seen is no big deal. But there’s nothing I can do about this. Until the eggheads can figure out how to age me down, guess this is how it has to be.” As if that solves the situation, Navy starts towards his truck. He climbs in. Jirachi eyes the vehicle curiously.[break][break]
You get in here, little guy. It lets us humans get places faster.” Jirachi floats onto the dashboard and yawns.[break][break]
C’mon, he wants to come.” He says to Lars, smiling roguishly.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:39:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Nope… I was with during the time that happened so everything I know about the event is mostly from reports and second-hand information from those who were there. You’d know if I was there,” he mused quietly.

The rest of his companion’s explanation flew over his head, however Lars had an… explanation for it.

“So you basically D&D’d your way out of that Galar, and you decided to turn your ‘character’ into reality…” he couldn’t resist making the crack because that was how his brain comprehended it!

“Well, I had to stay with my cousin because who knows if Team Rocket would return to kidnap her again and like… finish the job. No way that’s going to happen,” he went on, his voice going low and his look distant before he snapped back to the present—

“I swear, if you go too fast and crash the truck I’m not going to let you live this down,” he continued as he settled into the shotgun side of the truck and buckling in.

So… where was Jirachi going to sit down? On the dashboard?!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:25:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oooooo…!” Jirachi does, in fact, sit on the dashboard. Watching the world outside, Navy pulls the truck out from by the cave. They’ll be back to town in no time. Really, there’s no point to this. That in and of itself is the point.[break][break]
His heart aches when he sees the little star. It aches the same way it did when his parents passively left his brother to rest in the maternity ward. By the time Jirachi entered the picture, much like Gabe, he was nothing special. The magic wore off. Something to be respected. A legendary, sure, but there are more impressive legends in Hoenn. Something to be kept around until someone decides to try and bond with him. That person will get appointed the avatar. All will be right in the world.[break][break]
I don’t want that poisoned cup.[break][break]
The sheriff thinks that as he rolls the window down, puts on classic rock, and cruises.[break][break]
Hope you like rock, Lars.” He muses as classics from fifty years ago come out of his speakers like the beating of old war drums.[break][break]
Anyway, I don’t go in for that fantasy stuff. Guess that’s what happened. I mean this in the best way possible, glad you n’ Elinor weren’t there.” He had children there. People he misses dearly.[break][break]
It’s sort of crazy. If we’d died in there…entire command structure of the League would’ve been toast. Would’ve been Elinor, Goode, and you.” A grim thought. He’s glad someone would’ve been spared. “Well, a few gym leaders, too.”[break][break]
Guess Rocket would’ve lost just as much.” Pulling out a cigar, he lights it up. In the midst of his first puff, he finds a force pulling it out of his mouth. Jirachi exerts the tiniest mote of his power, chucking the cigar out the window. In smoke is written a message.[break][break]
BAD![break][break]
A gust of wind catches the smoke after Navy reads it, dispersing it into wisps.[break][break]
Cheeky.” Navy quips. The shooting star huffs and looks back at the road.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 18:35:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That would’ve been a disaster and a half… but on the flip side maybe Rocket would’ve been weakened significantly too because… well, you know, it’s impossible it was just you guys who got stuck in that Galar…” he hummed.

The moment the Jirachi literally flicked the cigarette away, he had to resist breaking out into laughter.

“So I guess I can’t use my vape, then,” he cackled; unable to resist wheezing out of laughter.

“Although… shouldn’t you keep the window up? What if Jirachi flies out?!”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 3:22:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navyypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Good point.” The sheriff quips, eyes flickering to Jirachi and then back at the road. “Hey, Jirachi. You gonna fly out?”[break][break]
Jirachi takes time to respond. The little star is focused instead on the paved road. All his life, what little of it he has spent awake, he floats everywhere. Never has he seen humans propel themselves this quick. The simple act of riding in a truck fascinates him.[break][break]
Finally, he turns back. Dark eyes look at Navy and offer an earnest nod before turning back to the road. He’s found something he likes.[break][break]
I’ll roll it up before we hit town. Don’t worry.” Navy says. A man on the radio implores him to keep his eyes on the road, his hands upon the wheel.[break][break]
That'd be awful, though. Even if Rocket lost their command staff too, seems like a setup for disaster. Doubt the war effort would recover.” Maybe that’d be for the best. Thank Arceus neither side had to explore that potential reality.[break][break]
Hope Elinor’s doing better.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Jirachi on loan from the League for IMPORTANT MISSIONS
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#DDDDDD;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 18:22:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully his companion sees sense with his words as he leaned back in the shotgun seat, looking up at the ceiling of the truck while the Jirachi gaped out of the open window in wonder.

“You know they’re going to have my head if I at least don’t make sure they return back to headquarters unharmed,” he continued idly as he tilted his head in the Jirachi’s direction.

Thankfully everyone had gotten back, so that reality didn’t take place.

“Yeah… she is,” he hummed quietly.

Just that… she had changed so much ever since that time. He idly wondered if the other would pick up on it.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 3:21:13 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

Trust me, nobody’s harming a—” Navy’s eyes glance to Jirachi. No hair, as far as he can tell. “-point on his head.” Opposite them on the road, someone’s riding their cyclizar. It’s one of the local bikers. They’ve fixed a giant set of tail pops on the back of the creature. When the cyclizar shifts gears, it makes an enormous amount of racket. Jirachi turns to face it idly.[break][break]
Can’t imagine she’d be the same after what she went through. War’s hell…just wish I’d been there when she got taken. Scared as I was, wish I could have helped.” There’s always the desire to do more. Always.[break][break]
Word up, we’re coming into town. Gonna roll the window up.” Jirachi pouts, but the star doesn’t try and stop him. Afterwards, they’re in Dewford Town. Navy’s own little slice of hipster paradise rolls by. It’s mostly the old and very young now. The college kids who live here in the summer have all gone back to university, leaving the island a much quieter place.[break][break]
What’s life like in the rangers, Lars?” He asks, mostly just to pass the time. A head ranger’s perspective is sure to be different.

notes about this post

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#DDDDDD;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 19:14:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You better,” he hummed nonchalantly as the windows went up.

And then he had a belated realization.

“Your truck’s got AC, right?” he confirmed once the Granite Cave slipped away and they were back in Dewford Town. He then turned to his ice cream cone, which after all this time hadn’t even melted.

Surely the other may have noticed something up with that already…

At the mention of his cousin, he sighed.

“War does change people. It… it changed her. I’m sure of it. Her time… her time with Rocket definitely changed her, and not in the good way,” he continued quietly.

He looked out the heavily-tinted windows, lost in thought until another question caught his attention.

“It’s like having a really big family and everyone’s cousins who bicker at work over coffee. Everyone’s rambunctious,” he replied. “Rambunctious, but I’m not going to take anything else for the world.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 19:18:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Sounds nice.” Jirachi feels his regret. He sees it in the dark little eyes and how the creature cocks his head. tried recruiting him for years. Content to sit on the sidelines, the answer was always a smile, some quip about being a free agent.[break][break]
Truth was, he just didn’t want to commit. Commitment leads you down a road. You plant your flag and reveal what you’re all about. Navy was only ever loyal to one person, and that kid died in Sootopolis.[break][break]
Guess that’s what Dewford’s like for me now.” Cranking up the AC, Navy lets the cool air hit him full on in the face. People wave at the sheriff as the truck passes them by. Thanks to the power of a tinted window, none of them know the precious cargo he carries.[break][break]
People sure don’t always like each other in a family, but they always come together, huh?

notes about this post

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 21:06:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Was Dewford your first choice?”

He took a bite out of the ice cream cone idly, waiting for the other to answer. With most cases, people that were born in one place, but had to move away to another certainly had their reasons for doing such.

(See: himself as an example.)

“You know, with settling down and all that.”

At the mention of family, he cracked a grin.

“That’s family for you. You fight, you get into arguments, you get along, sometimes you don’t, but at the end of the day you always find some way to meet and talk at the end of the day and reconcile differences. Even if you’re not from the same bloodline.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 6:17:01 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Mmm, yeah. There’s nowhere else I’d rather have a gym.” The words are lies that blossomed into truth. Dewford fell upon him out of responsibility.[break][break]
Learned important lessons here. Only seems right to give that back to the community.” Above them looms a massive sign advertising burgers. Jirachi looks up at it in the way children who want something do. Navy sees the little star’s head begin to turn. He already knows what Jirachi means to ask.[break][break]
Hide in the back, Jirachi. I’ll get you a burger.” And so he does.[break][break]
This town’s important, Anderson. In spirit…if this town gets taken by Rocket, Hoenn’s lost. If you can’t defend regular everyday people, you can’t call yourself a government. Then there’s what’s down in the sea.” Side-eying Lars, he favors him with a smirk.[break][break]
You think you could sweet talk your big dysfunctional family into coming down here? There’s burgers in it for you.

notes about this post

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 14:58:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment they saw the burger store sign, he couldn’t help but cackle and pull out his wallet.

“Hey, get whatever you want. I’ll pay for our shit,” he hummed as he pulled out some bills and folded them in his hand, ready to hand them over when they were past the order-taking section of the entire thing.

And then, the other’s statement made him turn.

“Oh, shit. Don’t tell me there’s like what, Ultra Beast sightings around here that need handling?” he asked the other in a quiet voice, alarmed.

He sure hoped that wasn’t the case, because the last time there was a skirmish, it had for some reason also happened out here…

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights