sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 3:08:07 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Nah, it's no use. She's really no good at this![break][break]

The Togepi in her backpack wiggles his arms as Luka sighs and sets down the little toy gun. Each of the unhit targets in front of them seem to mock her, their cheerful smiling faces appearing more smug every time she looks at them.[break][break]

Luka has never been adept at this sort of thing, so normally she wouldn't even try. But her Togepi had fallen in love with the grand prize: a stuffed Togepi (go figure) of absolutely enormous proportions. And as a good Togepi momma, she had no choice but to try and win it![break][break]

Alas, every attempt had ended in abject failure.[break][break]

"I'm sorry honey," she says, patting the top of Toffee's spiky head. "We can find a different game, and I'll win you something else, okay? I promise!"[break][break]

But her baby is clearly unhappy with this. Tears prick at the corners of his beady little eyes as he starts whimpering. And though Luka continues to sooth and try to console him, a tantrum feels frighteningly imminent.

[break][break]

prompt: lose at least one carnival game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
break the rules in beautiful ways
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 5:40:42 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Woah... this girl was pretty bad at the game.

Audric had been patiently waiting his turn as he witnessed her many attempts. Even MICHI the JOLTIK had crawled out from his pen pocket to marvel at the scene upon his shoulder. They shared a look with the carnival attendant as the pink-haired last prepared her last shot.

It wasn't until said lass turned to console her crying TOGEPI, however, that Audric found himself absolutely dumbstruck at the sight of her angelic face. He figured she'd be cute, of course. She certainly had the voice for it. But her expression and motherly attempts at soothing her baby inspired something within the Holonite.

He steps forward and slams a token ticket down on the game counter.

"10 TRIES, PLEASE."

What comes next is a series of attempts nearly as bad as that of the girl he hoped to impress. It takes him twice as many tries as he had intended, but eventually, the RANGER shoots down enough smug TEAM ROCKET member targets with his water gun to meet his goal. The buzzer of congratulations that erupts afterward as a result startles the Joltik on his shoulder enough to accidentally zap him so that he drops the toy gun.

"Yeow!"

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Win at least one carnival game
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:16:13 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

At first, Luka is too busy trying to keep Toffee from having a meltdown to notice the man behind her. She takes a few steps away from the booth as she rocks her carrier gently and continues to coo at the baby, her soft voice and gentle hands working their slow magic on him.[break][break]

It doesn't do much to start with. Her Togepi is adamant about his prize, but even he isn't immune to his trainer's charms. Although still upset, it seems as though he won't be having a full-on tantrum after all.[break][break]

It's only when his crying slows to a sniffle that Luka looks up, idly glancing over at the carnival-goer who had taken her place. Apparently she's not the only one who's abysmal at this kind of game! She feels a certain camaraderie with him, and his face seems awfully familiar. But while she's trying to put a name to the face he actually wins a round, a feat so surprising that she jumps right alongside his Joltik![break][break]

Though Luka is concerned about the zap, Audric's misfortune actually manages to draw a babbling laugh from the egg in her arms. Tears still prick at the corners of his eyes, but he waves his arms over at the poor man in childish delight.

[break][break]

prompt: cheer up a distressed kid (does a baby pkmn count...)[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 9:21:07 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric recovers from the zap fairly quickly, given the fact that it wasn't his first rodeo in that department. His tiny Joltik has since retreated under the cover of his shirt collar. The ranger takes note of this before his attention is drawn to the giggling Togepi in the girl's arms.

He is happy to have cheered up a DISTRESSED cutie such as that, of course. But the fact that the cute pink-haired lass had seen the whole thing as well dampened that mood with a blanket of sheer blush-inducing embarrassment. "Haha... feeling better now?" He smiles.

The carnival attendant, in the meantime, patiently waits for the messy-haired ranger to select his prize. Thankfully, it isn't too long before Audric realizes this. "Oh! R-Right. Hey... you guys were hoping to win that one, right?" He asks of and her Togepi, pointing at the large Togepi plushie above.

Hopefully that, in itself, would cheer up the once distressed Togepi in her hands even further.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Cheer up a distressed kid
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 6:32:58 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I think he is, thanks to you! Um...a-are you okay though?"[break][break]

It's unfortunate that Toffee's delight had come at the poor man's expense, but he seems to be taking it in stride well enough. Luka smiles up at him, and Toffee echoes the sentiment as the last of his tears start to dry up. In a matter of earnest happiness, their expressions are equally matched.[break][break]

She looks up when he points out the prize, and Toffee immediately fixes on it again, reaching out with his stubby little arms.[break][break]

"Ah...yeah, it's that one. See, I thought I'd be much better at that ring toss game, but Toffee saw that plush and fell in love," she says with an amused huff. "So I did my best, but...well, aiming is hard!"[break][break]

It's clear that she hasn't yet grasped the implication behind his question. "Congratulations on winning it though! You've definitely earned it!"

[break][break]

prompt: reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 1:38:43 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

When asked if he's okay, Audric meekly nods. "Y-Yeah. That wasn't the first time I've been shocked. Michi can't cause any serious damage anyway on account of his size." He adds as the Joltik in question peeks out at from the ranger's collar. When it catches the Togepi's eye, however, it hides again.

Afterward, it's easy enough for Audric to realize he was right when he traces the direction of the Togepi's eyes and its stubby little hands. "Right, haha. I had to try more times than I thought to reach my goal. Ring tossing is a scam." He remarks with a chuckle, somewhat awkwardly turning to the carnival attendant who waited for his selection afterward. "... No offense."

"What are you taking, kid?"
"That one."

The reply comes fast as the black-haired ranger points up at the giant stuffed Togepi plush the pair had pointed out previous. As the carnival attendant pulls out a ladder to unhook it from the caged ceiling above, Audric turns to Luka with a smile. "I don't have any space for this at home, though. Would you and Togepi want it?"

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the Carnival games
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:41:49 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Toffee notices the little Joltik that peeks out from Audric's collar, and it's enough to momentarily distract him from the giant toy in front of them. It seems he's eager to make a little friend, but then the bug goes right back into hiding! A soft whine of protest fills the air as the egg kicks his tiny feet, clearly pouting.[break][break]

It almost seems like he's on the brink of crying again, but as soon as the carnival worker starts to pull down the giant Togepi, he perks right up.[break][break]

Luka, however, has a few more social graces than her little baby, much to his dismay.[break][break]

"Eh? W-wait, are you sure?" she asks, even as Toffee starts squirming again in his carrier. "I mean, you won it, fair and square! I'd feel bad if we— t-that is, I mean, it's very kind of you! But are you sure? I could buy it, or get you something else in exchange..."[break][break]

As she hems and haws, she hasn't realized that there are other people standing behind them, waiting for a turn to play the shooting game. The attendant behind the booth seems to be getting a bit frustrated as the line is held up, though seems to take the interruption in stride.[break][break]

"Oh, come on now lassie! The poor kid tried real hard to win that for ya."[break][break]

He grins and winks over at Audric. "Just give him a kiss to make up for it, if you're so keen."

[break][break]

prompt: be a troublesome customer[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 4:59:51 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric waves a hand dismissively and laughs. "No! No need! I'm serious, what am I going to use it for anyway haha!" He assures the pink-haired lass as the vendor hands him a heapful of plushie. Now a bit muffled, he smiles. "Plus: it just seems like it'd really make your Togepi's day."

Now feeling a bit safer behind the giant plush Togepi his trainer carries, the Joltik reemerges and crawls out to greet the pair. When the carnival attendant suggests buying the giant plush with a kiss, however, Audric glows red. "U-Uh-- HERE YOU GO." He stammers, presenting the large prize forward for her to take and practically hiding it behind.

The Joltik, who now finds himself in the spotlight, quickly scurries back into his trainer's collar again.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Give your prize away to your thread partner or an NPC
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 5:15:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"W-well, I guess, but—"[break][break]

The last of Luka's weak protests are extinguished by the attendant's brazen suggestion. Whether she likes it or not, the giant plush is practically shoved in her face and she has little choice but to accept it. Her own cheeks flare as well, but they're hidden behind the huge toy in her arms, and her companion's face is likewise shielded by the egg that separates them.[break][break]

However embarrassed they might be, the attendant's plan had worked perfectly. Luka is quick to scurry out of the way after a few stammered protests ("Eh? What? N-no, I mean—!"), freeing up the line for future patrons.[break][break]

Once they're far enough away she dares to peek out from around the plush, her face still flushed a rosy pink.[break][break]

"S-sorry about that! That's, I-I mean...h-how silly, right? But erm...thank you, really! This is so sweet of you."

[break][break]

prompt: pick a prize from a carnival game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 6:14:47 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

It's a good thing that takes the plushie when she does. One of the people waiting in line behind them grumbles about having waited too long and begins to harass the carnival attendant for a free token as recompense. Just before things get a little heated, however, Audric casually turns to give that TROUBLESOME CUSTOMER full view of the HOENN RANGER patch on his shoulder.

The troublesome customer apologizes, thanking Audric for his service, before stepping forward to take his turn with no further dispute. Audric, in the meantime, takes a moment to gather himself before turning back to the young lady and stepping away with her. Once they've cleared the game booth, he sighs with a smile.

"It's no problem. Some people can just be impatient." He replies, realizing it might be ungentlemanly to let her carry a thing nearly twice her size. "On second thought... do you, uh... need help taking that to the shipping booth? They'll have it sent right to your home." He says, reaching out with his arms to take it back.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 7:10:13 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Luka admittedly doesn't help as much with the troublesome customer— she's not in uniform, and isn't really much of a field ranger besides. What she does do, however, is peek out at them with wide, innocent eyes and a heart-meltingly apologetic expression.[break][break]

It's hard to say if that actually helps at all, but the man seems to soften slightly before apologizing. And Luka, as always, is completely oblivious to her effect on people.[break][break]

Getting away from the crowd comes as some relief, though she still feels a little awkward about the insinuation the attendant had made. At least they'd come away from all this mess with a prize, but when Audric reaches out to take it again Toffee whines in protest. "I don't think he's going to let you have it," she says with a laugh. "It's okay! I can carry it around for a little while. It'll be fun to pretend that I really won something!"[break][break]

She grins, though the expression is marred slightly by the tiniest bit of lingering guilt.[break][break]

"And, erm. A-a kiss is a bit...I mean, w-well." She flounders a little, and is glad that Toffee cooing and poking at the plush can serve as a bit of a distraction. "But let me, um...would you like a snack, or something? Do you want to go on a ride? I bet this guy could fit into one of those teacup thingies," she suggests with a shrug.[break][break]

"I just feel bad about accepting this without anything in return!"

[break][break]

prompt: help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 8:09:30 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric shares a laugh with the lass before nodding in understanding and pulling his hands back to his side. "Completely understandable." When she brings up that previous suggestion of a kiss, however, he admittedly fidgets in place a bit himself. He hadn't asked for it, of course. What kind of creep would! But, ironically, he felt a bit guilty himself for placing her in this position.

Thankfully, she makes other suggestions that are much more comprehensible. He brightens again at the sound of them, admittedly hoping to get to know her better... when, suddenly, he realizes he doesn't even know her name. "I mean... I definitely wouldn't mind some company, I suppose. They say carnival rides are better enjoyed in pairs, right?"

A rhetorical question. He wasn't even entirely sure anyone actually ever said that, but it made logical sense. Offering his hand, he smiles. "My name is by the way. I'm a ranger with Verdanturf."

When he realizes she has her hands full with the plushie, however, Audric pulls his own back and chuckles. "Oh, hey, and since we're tagging along together..." He continues afterward, reaching into his pack and pulling out a mini cotton candy tube wrapped in plastic. "Do you think your Togepi would want this? I can unwrap it and place it in its hands if you're okay with it."

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Offer a carnival treat to someone else
[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 19:18:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Mmm, I agree! I mean, it's always more fun with company, I think." With friends, she'd like to say, but that seems a bit presumptious. And even more so when Audric goes to the trouble of introducing himself, finally putting a name to the face she already knows.[break][break]

"Ah, uhm..."[break][break]

Would this be a bad time to remind him that they've met before? That they'd even done a mission together? Luka had already committed the faux pas of forgetting his name, but maybe if she introduces himself, it'll jog his memory. But then, if she introduces herself and he remembers, would he think that she had forgotten him?[break][break]

Mental gymnastics really aren't her strong suit. Her head is starting to hurt.[break][break]

"I'm Luka," she finally decides to say, "I work with the rangers too! Or, erm...w-well, I do a lot of PR work, actually. There's, um, probably a chance we've bumped into each other, ehe!"[break][break]

She does her best to play it off, and uses the offered candy as a distraction so Audric can save face if he needs to. "I think he'd love it!" she says, looking down at her Togepi, who squeaks in agreement. "Aww, see? He's excited!"
[break][break]

prompt: offer a carnival treat[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:27:07 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Oh? How long had it been since he'd seen another person? Too long, probably. Thrusting himself into the fray of a carnival was his way of forcing himself to be social again. "Haha, probably," He responds, rubbing the back of his neck with an abashed smile. "I spend so much time alone in wildlife outposts, though, sometimes I forget."

Not that she was worth forgetting, of course. Who knows? Maybe he'd simply taken one zap too many to the head. That would mean he had Michi to blame.

Happy to see the Togepi take the offered carnival treat, however, Audric smiles. "He's so cute. Are you two ready to go? I can lead the way since... you probably can't see too well with that plushie in your hands." The ranger chuckles.

Maybe offering her his hand would help? Wait, no. That was too bold, wasn't it? He shakes the thought out of his head. "Are you sure you don't, um... need any help, Luka? Maybe... hold onto me while we move?"

[break][break]
SHARPSHOOTERS + MISSION
🍁

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sharpshooters [ff]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 1:30:19 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Ah, so that's it! The slight cloud of awkwardness that had hung around Luka quickly dissipates as she realizes that Audric forgetting her was nothing personal. And it makes sense— she's not particularly memorable, so wouldn't it be presumptuous to assume he'd remember her anyways?[break][break]

"Ehe, thank you!" Luka's smile is hidden behind the plush, but the it's still reflected in her cheery tone of voice. "Isn't he so lovely? Such a good baby, even if he's a bit fussy sometimes." Toffee gurgles as if in agreement, picking at the cotton candy in his hands with childish delight.[break][break]

"And, um...a-actually yes, maybe. Sorry!" Luka feels a bit silly and a bit too forward, but she accepts Audric's offer as politely as she's able. Taking his hand might be a bit too intimate, so she settles for holding his arm instead, using it as a guide as they walk towards the teacup ride.[break][break]

Once there, she's able to set the third member of their party down beside them, and settles Toffee into her lap. Now that her face is no longer hidden, the girlish delight she exudes is all the more obvious.[break][break]

"I haven't been on one of these since...well, gosh. I don't remember! Here, do you want to help me spin it?"[break][break]

Luka reaches out towards the wheel in the middle of the cup, attempting to get a good spin going. There's not much room there, however, and she doesn't realize how easy it is to brush her hands against Audric's like this...

[break][break]

prompt: ride at least one carnival ride[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky