110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 6:08:40 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

The shaved ice vendor near the entrance of the DEWFORD TOWN carnival venue immediately captured the attention of RANGER and his CUFANT, LUCY. Scents of starfruit, a sweet delicacy native to the island community, were the culprit. After ordering a starfruit-flavored cone for himself and his Cufant, who held it as easily as any human toddler would with the end of her trunk, Audric found an empty bench nearby and took a seat.

He was the first to taste their icy treat. Lucy looked up at him with an expectant smile in her eyes as he took a nibble. When the verdict came in with the sound of a delicious hum, however, she immediately shoved the whole cone into her mouth. "Mmmm.... mm? Wait, Lucy, no!" He exclaims, accidentally dropping his own cone as he holds out his hand in a weak attempt to try and stop her.

But it's too late.

Though Lucy savors the sweet taste for a moment, eventually the brain freeze grips her from within. She cries out with a cow-like, panicked moo as she runs around, gripping her own forehead with her trunk. Even as Audric tries to calm her, however, she manages to accidentally bump into a few people in the crowd.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Eat a carnival treat
[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 0:15:32 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Whoa!" Paxton yelped, pulling his hand out of his pocket and gripping the stick of his caramel apple a little tighter. He doesn't totally lose his balance, but he does take a few steps forward and just barely avoids getting his carnival treat stuck in some random person's hair. [break][break]

He turns to see who had hit him before seeing a flailing Cuphant rushing back and forth without really noticing the crowd, most of which were giving the steel type wide berth now. [break][break]

"Hey, you ok?" Paxton asked, approaching the trainer duo. He chews quietly on the end of a caramel apple, carved slightly to look like a caramelized Applin. It's a granny smith one, so this is particularly sweet and sour. Not that he minds. He'd picked it after all. [break][break]

He glances around making sure others keep their distance. Paxton could tell it wasn't on purpose, and he liked to think he was a little calmer than most. Others might not be as understanding.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | eat a carnival treat [break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
break the rules in beautiful ways
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 8:57:07 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Thankfully, it wasn't too long before Lucy started calming down again. The brain freeze was slowly fading away now and, instead of running around in circles trying to wish it away, she instead 'hid' behind Audric and wrapped her trunk around his leg. A carnival attendant comes to deal with them at that moment, but he assures them that they won't be TROUBLESOME customers any longer.

After some sincere beg-pardons to the surrounding crowd, and repeated assurances that everything was okay now, the young ranger turns to regard with an apologetic smile.

"Yeah, sorry about that. That was Luce's first snow cone annnd... I guess I should have warned her not to eat it all in one gulp first." He chuckles as she hides further behind his leg. "Hey... you're right? Didn't you use to be a ranger?"

He could have sworn he'd seen his picture somewhere, but he couldn't exactly remember where or when.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Be a troublesome customer
[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:14:32 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Paxton stands in the sidelines watching the Carny come over and check in with the poor trainer pair. He does his best to help, quietly offering Lucy something not as cold. Maybe it'd help. She seemed busy nuzzling into her trainer though which is fair. When they the brain freeze melts he takes another bite of his caramel Applin. [break][break]

"Ah, poor girl." he said offering nothing but a small huff of a laugh and a small smile as he looked down at the steel type. He turns back to Audric, blinking slowly before nodding. "Yeh- well, I was a part timer." he explained. [break][break]

"I used to pick up a lot of Ranger shifts since I worked for the Lillycove City PD." he explained. "I don't do much field work nowadays. I'm more admin since I'm a liaison for them and the Council." A duty that was coming up more and more often these days. No doubt, he might already have another meeting in store after AQUA finished in order to disseminate information down to the ranger corps again. [break][break]

"Are you one then? Since you know my odl part time?"
he asked, playing it cool despite initial suspicion.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 21:47:18 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Lucy continued to whimper behind Audric's leg as the pair of men spoke, clearly still affected by her recent trauma with the brain freeze. "Oh, that must have been it," Audric smiles as he reaches into his pocket for his wallet. "Sounds like you got quite the promotion, though. Do you enjoy your current job?" He asks.

Sparing a moment to turn to the balloon vendor just off to the side of him, however, Audric hands a bill over before choosing a CLODSIRE BALLON. When he looks down to see if his Cufant noticed, however, he finds that she has not. Her face remains buried in his leg.

Not one to come off as rude, Audric returns his attention to Paxton for the time being and nods. "Yeah. I've been with the VERDANTURF station for a couple of years. Mostly doing field work and patrols for months at a time. Probably why you didn't see me much."

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Buy a Balloon Pokemon
[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:54:12 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"That or any of the RANGER RISING meetings. Though, I'm less popular in those." he said with a soft snicker. "It's fun. I do a lot of admin work, which I'm used to. Though I miss the occasional mission in the wild." he said looking over the purchase. He glanced at the poor miniature elephant before attempting to cheer her up by distracting her and Audric for a moment. "Oh, look at that PERFORMANCE over there. The psychic water bubbles. Is that a Primarina jumping through with some Seel?" he said as he watched. [break][break]

"I don't make it out much there. The bigger cxities usually have more strain on their resources I think." he said with a frown. "Well, glad you're back safe from assignment. Maybe I'll see you at the next all hands meeting." he said.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | Watch a carnival performancee [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 2:46:49 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric, of course, had never been invited to any of those meetings by anyone in particular. When it came to being a ranger, he had always endeavored to stay below the radar anyway. His roots in HOLON, and the fact that his father was one of its lead scientists, always seemed to attract the wrong attention anyway. He'd rather not make himself out to be a social pariah in that sort of manner.

But, alas, the carnival hype had him in a different sort of mood today. For the first time in a long time, he gives in to the idea of connecting with his fellow rangers. Especially one that was as tenured as Paxton. But, perhaps, such sentiments would not be shared. He wouldn't be insulted if that was the case; he understood.

Turning to regard the beautiful PERFORMANCE a few Water-type Pokémon are putting on, Audric smiles and nods. "Seems like it. I didn't know they could control bubbles that well." He remarks, stopping when his Cufant taps him on the leg with its trunk. She appears to have noticed the balloon in his hand and, with teary eyes, reaches out for it.

"Did you come here alone?" Audric asks as he bends down to hand his Cufant the balloon. A cheery little trumpet sound emerges shortly thereafter as she dances about. "We don't mind the company if you want to experience the festival together. You know as... rangers, I guess." The lad awkwardly shrugs.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Watch a carnival performance
[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:29:48 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The elephant seemed a little better now. He smiled as he caught a peek of her dancing before his eyes returned to the water types performing. "I did. Figured I'd check out the carnival since I missed it when it was in Lillycove." he said with a nod. [break][break]

"I'll stay then." he said before pointing over at the Ferris Wheel. "Let's do that next. Get a full bird's eye of the place." he suggested, his footsteps already beginning to lead in that direction. He passes by a couple cheering loudly at the DUGTRIO-RING-TOSS game and just barely dodges the boyfriend pump the air, and almost him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 8:24:35 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Paxton was straight to the point. It was clear for Audric to see the natural leader in him. And, in addition, it was no wonder he'd been promoted to oversee such important matters.

Frankly caught off guard despite that, however, the black-haired ranger needs a moment to snap out of it before jogging along to catch up. Just as he does, a magician places a hand on his shoulder and stops him. "Excuse me, good sir! If you'd just give me a moment!" He insists, waving his hand to bring the small crowd that had been watching his CARNIVAL PERFORMANCE closer.

Confused and not wanting to be left behind by Paxton, Audric begrudgingly waits. But it soon becomes clear that he's being used as little more than a prop. The magician reaches behind his ear and seemingly pulls out a playing card from it. Addressing his crowd and, in particular, a civilian he'd chosen as his volunteer, he asks with a smug smile: "Is this your card?"

Audric rolls his eyes, then he runs off to catch up to the more senior ranger. "Hey! Sorry, I was pulled behind for a bit. Ferris wheel, right?" He asks as his Cufant toots behind him.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Play a part in a carnival performance
[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 22:49:53 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Paxton doesn't get too far without noting a TUG-O-WAR contest in the background. And, as tempting as that is, he thinks his companions for the day probably wouldn't enjoy it. If the Cuphant was as skittish as he'd seen, she might get nervous around it. So he passes, turning to look for Audric once he gets to the Ferris Wheel before watching him jog closer. [break][break]

"Oh good, you didn't ditch." he teased with a snort before tearing off a ticket to hand over to the attendant. "Ferris Wheel." he confirmed as they were led onto a colorful blue ball with a large clear top half. The seats are a comfortable, worn in vinyl material. He slides right in as they began to ascend. "I like rides, but I think Ferris Wheels are my favorite." And not just because of one strange reporter.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | Involve or reference a Tug-o-War Contest [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 23:00:07 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric looks around the Ferris wheel carriage. Then he takes a look outside of it, but they haven't ascended that much yet. "Why's that?" He asks, as his Cufant settles in beside him. The worry that she might be just a little too heavy for this ride is present, but he tries to ignore it for now. Every step she took rocked the carriage, though...

"It's pretty... uneventful. Beside the views, I guess." The black-haired ranger continues, glancing in Paxton's direction but quickly looking away again. That was always the awkward thing about Ferris wheels, wasn't it? Being sat across from someone and feeling the need to fill the silence with noise.

[break][break]
STARFRUIT SASHAY + 🍁

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
STARFRUIT SASHAY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 23:14:35 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"I light the view. And the quiet." he replied, eyes watching the carnival bellow shrink further and further as they approached the apex of the Ferris Wheel. Unlike his companion, he was perfectly fine in the silence, and didn't really rush to fill the space in between. [break][break]

Though after a moment, glancing over at his companions he decided to try and help the conversation keep going and give Audric a break. "Are you from Hoenn? Or did you just happen to get stuck here during the Dome situation?" he asked, as he tilted his head towards the ranger to listen.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | Ride in the ferris wheel [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights