1,897 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 13:59:59 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor's life was complicated, now more so than ever. Breaking up with after spending twenty years in that other dimension....Losing his children to that place, and escaping only to find himself back in a younger body with a bracelet around his wrist that they made for him. There were days he wondered if he had finally lost it, but that couldn't be the case others had a similar experience to his, but he had been forced to confront his issues, and deal with them the only way he knew how. That was getting back to work, and business. Without his connections to the League anymore he would have to change the trajectory of his company, but that was fine. It was within expectations after all that had happened.

Still he was looking through all the Data Reports today to figure out what he wanted to do. There were many avenues at his disposal, medicine, entertainment, engineering, or he could continue onward with his tech pursuit. Chances are they would dip their toes into the other markets as small fish, and use them to supplement the real research he hoped to achieve personally. He had enough capital through his investments alone to make such a change. That was a problem for Future Amor however, right now he had to look over the reports.

It was then that he heard a knock on his office door, and he opened up the door to see someone he didn't recognize, which was odd. Amor for the first part could recognize most of his employees it was something he took great care in doing because he didn't want anyone to feel alienated. He wanted to make sure he felt relatable enough, so that he could keep tabs on anyone League, or Rocket trying to infiltrate his business. So after a few moments he brought forth the mental file, and some recognition filled his mind.

"Hello Nikola, I appreciate you bringing these reports to me. I know how busy you all are." His usual charming facade was up in full force as he smiled at them. "Take a seat...." He gestured to one of the comfy looking chairs that was in front of his desk.

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
by the time i awoke, i had become a poisonous insect
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:54:30 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
they'd gone through a lot of job searching and interviews before finally landing this gig. it's probably because they'd completely forgotten how to actually speak properly at an interview, and had treated it more like a casual discussion than anything. after doing some more research, they'd concluded that lying about your skillset and expertise was likely the only way to actually get a job (which they couldn't even begin to understand, but so be it). thankfully, with this position, they hadn't had to fudge the truth too much. they were rather good at filling out forms and entering data into spreadsheets; the rest could come later.

unfortunately, that research had not included how to properly address your boss.

"hello!" they greet him cheerily, flopping down in the chair he just gestured at. they sink into the chair, looking around the office with wonder. they've never actually been somewhere like this (or so they think, anyway). it's... classy? is that the right word? maybe one day they can have a fancy office of their own.

at least the reports should all be in order. "i appreciate you hiring me," nikola says sincerely. "it's a lot harder to find a decent job in a new region than i thought." but the professor must have thought i could handle it, or else she'd have helped me, they tell themself.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,897 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 19:38:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor smiled at the newcomer to his company, and he tapped the files briefly, he would have to sort through them another time, but for now he really didn't want to work. When you were the owner, and CEO you could push off work for a few extra minutes. So he looked at curiously.

"I understand how hard it can be to start anew, to reinvent oneself. Though don't thank me for hiring you. We only hire those capable of doing the job, you should praise your own skills." Amor praised them honestly. He wasn't one to hire someone based on emotion it mattered if they could do the job, and so far Nikola had proved themselves very capable in that regard. "If you require assistance of any kind don't be afraid to ask. I value all my employees, so never be afraid to ask." He explained to them with his usual charming smile. Looking down at the files, he decided to procrastinate a little more.

"Tell me about yourself Nikola. Where are you originally from, dreams, aspirations? What do you hope to achieve while working here?" Amor sounded incredibly absentminded, but he was deceptively attentive. Folding his fingers across each other, and lacing them together he rested his chin on them, and kept his gaze locked on theirs.

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 2:01:56 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
oh? is this another interview? they've never heard of an interview after getting hired, but they haven't heard of a lot of things. "about myself...? oh, right, the place i'm from... what's it called again?" they scratch their cheek. anybody else would be embarrassed at forgetting something so important, but it doesn't seem to faze them much. maybe they're just messing with him? "well, anyway... i'm a bit of a scientist myself! though i haven't had many chances to prove myself. i hope i can be of use in any way, though."

as long as they're not carrying fragile equipment, handling beakers, or having to remember things. most days they wake up and forget to brush their hair and wash their face, and in some cases don't even remember to put their glasses on (despite how bad their vision is without them). "i used to be an assistant to a great researcher! she'll be on her way here sometime soon." they speak of this eagerly, like a dog awaiting its master. "and then, ahh... i haven't thought that far ahead yet. we need to continue our research, you see."
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,897 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 13:09:19 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor listened to the somewhat airheaded responses of their new employee, but they didn't mention it. Some people were just forgetful, and he accepted that. Though he would have Walter look their records later on, because it did strike him as odd that they couldn't remember where they were from. They weren't a Rocket recruit of that much he was sure, he had made it a point to at least learn all the names, and faces of all the Rocket Grunts when he got his new position.

"Oh is that so? Perhaps when they arrive you can introduce us, and if they back up your claims, I might promote you. I don't want to waste a talented mind after all. Having more researchers, and scientists is always a boon." He explained easily, and that was true. If Amor could verify their claims then he would happily promote them, because it was a waste to have them being a pencil pusher.

"Do you remember what kind of research you were working on with them?" He asked curiously with a tilt of his head.

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 17:08:35 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
nikola grins listening to this. of course they fully expect this will come to pass, and that the professor will arrive and speak high praises of her valuable assistant. they nod along happily, proud of themself. "we were working on ways to unlock the latent potential of human beings," they explain. "don't you think it's odd that we're surrounded by creatures with such strange powers, yet we ourselves have none? professor thorne wanted to discover why this is, and maybe even change it." as confused and befuddling as their memories were, they could still recall the fervor with which the professor discussed her research. she had been so passionate about it... why does it feel so nostalgic? she still believes in it, right?

they push onward. "unfortunately, we lost a lot of our funding before we could reach a definite conclusion." nikola scratches their head. "i guess the board of directors didn't have much confidence in us."
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,897 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:08:48 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor had a name now....A Professor Thorne, he would make a note to do research on them after this little meeting, and he continued to listen to Nikola's words with his ever charming smile.

"If only you knew how strange I found that...." Though that wasn't entirely the case, as Avatars existed, and Amor was interested in studying them himself. Humans that had gained pokemon like abilities due to the patronage of one of the many gods of the world. At least that is how Amor understood it to be for the moment, until he got more data on them. His theory would just have to suffice for now.

"Well the research sounds promising at the very least....Should Professor Thorne ever find herself in these parts let me know. I would love to have a discussion about such a thing, and maybe even give you both proper funding if possible." Amor's company didn't have a board of directors. He funded this entire thing on his own, because he wouldn't be beholden to other money grubbing leeches. So it was easy for him to make arbitrary decisions like this.

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
New Blood (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 17:47:03 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
they perk up considerably hearing this. they only have fuzzy memories of the way people would react when told about their research... usually scoffing, sighing, or shaking their heads. some would act polite, but nikola would be able to see it in their eyes that they thought they were crazy. these scattered memories hurt, but they're not very clear. oftentimes nikola can't remember the faces of those who laughed, or their names. it's completely lost on them that before their memories were modified, they were one of those cynical people who thought professor thorne was a nutjob. a nutjob with a lot of funding, originally, so a useful nutjob... but still a nutjob.

"i'm sure we'd both appreciate that!" nikola chirps. "until then, i'm happy to be of use here. whatever you need, i'll take care of it!" so they became a little sycophantic after being experimented on. who can blame them? they're almost like a child, seeking the approval of authority figures more than anything else.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights