he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Last-Second Festivities (Funtasia)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:35:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Festival could only go on for so much longer, and by Arceus Hideo was going to enjoy it for as much longer as he could. He'd already put his work into the Meet-your-local-heroes event while it was in Littleroot, and like anyone who put in a few hours of work, it was time to take days off to enjoy themselves.

And at the moment, he was enjoying some cinnamon-covered pretzels. He could only blame for getting him hooked onto these, and he could only hope he could find more of these was the festival was over.

He was pretty sure Uxie was hooked on them too, the Ralts-illusioned Pokemon on his shoulders indulging in some as well. "Try not to get too much cinnamon in my hair," Hideo said, "the Joltiks tried eating my hair last time because of that stuff."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:48:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Oooo how about one of those!” Eva pointed at the small hat just big enough for the Chimchar’s little head. Kit chittered in defiance but it was too late - the idea was already cemented into the professor’s mind. Eva happily purchased the Joyland mini-hat and shoved it onto the unwilling Chimchar’s head, “Adorable!”

Kit sneered, digging her little fingers a little too hard into Eva’s shoulders. She rolled her eyes, turning to exit the pop-up shop, “You’re such a drama queen,” Eva stopped in her tracks, spying the familiar sight of and his ‘Ralts’,

“Hideo!” Eva called out with a smile, waving at the ‘Ralts’ atop his shoulder. The professor trotted up towards them with the Chimchar swaying on her shoulder, “Fancy seeing you two out and about, having fun?”

+ Visit the Joyland souvenir booth

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:54:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's attention was drawn to the familiar voice calling out to him. He didn't even need Uxie to tell him who it was.

"Hey Eva!" he answered, waving in her direction. "'course I'd be here! I'm the Gym Leader here, after all~ And we've been having a lot of fun! Me and my friend here got something to eat before we try something else." The "Ralts" on his head nodded, small crystals of cinnamon getting everywhere - including in Hideo's hair.

"Wanna try some?" He extended a pretzel forward, for both Eva and her Pokemon. "These things are really good. Friend of mine got me some, and I've been getting them every day since!"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 21:26:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s brows furrowed for a moment as she recalled where she actually was. Her fingers snapped once it hit her like a freight train, “Oh yeah! I forgot you became Gym Leader here,” a flush rose in her cheeks, mildly embarrassed, “I don’t keep up with that kinda stuff all the time,” perhaps she should, but her mind only retained so much information.

“Thanks!” Eva broke off a piece of the offered sweet for herself and Kit. The Chimchar greedily swiped her piece out of Eva’s hand, “How’s that going? Your gym leader stuff.”

+ Eat a carnival treat

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 21:50:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
And so, Hideo got another person hooked on to the lovely delight that was cinnamon pretzels.

"It's alright. A lot of people are still trying to wrap their heads around it." There was an attempt to inject some levity into his voice, but the annoyance was still there. "You'd be surprised how many people want to test me! It's supposed to be the other way around!"

The grin after that was a bit forced.

"But it's been going pretty good! Challenges are starting to slow down, but that might just be 'cause my Gym isn't the newest one on the block anymore." Sad, but it did leave him with more time to do other things, like help around town.

Or have fun at festivals. "People've been liking it a lot overall! They've been liking the non-traditional the most, but that one's got limited space 'cause how much work it is to do. Woulda thought people wanted the traditional more, 'cause you need those badges for the champ assessment, but guess I was wrong there."

One of the more harmless misreads.

"Anyways, what're you up to, Eva? In general and here; plenty of stuff to do at a festival like this!"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 22:03:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Wow! Sounds like a lot of work,” even after years of working in the upper echelon of The League, the Head Professor had yet to really acquaint herself with the inner workings of the Gym Circuit. She’d never really had a desire to pursue badges but perhaps one day it would be something she’d pushed to do, “Well, I’m glad to hear everything is going well, I’m proud of you! Littleroot has been doing great!” It was a special little town Eva kept her eye on. It reminded her of Pallet Town and she took care to help rebuild the city after the incident with Team Rocket during Meteno.

“Mostly here on League business,” she admitted, not trying too hard to hide her disappointment, “Doesn’t leave much time to actually enjoy the Carnival. I did win a little prize at the Magikarp Fishing game though,” she held out a small Poochyena plushie for Uxie to see.

+ Mention Magikarp Fishing game

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 22:40:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"It can be. Sometimes I miss all the free time I used to have." He was fortunate the employees there handled most of the paperwork, only needing him to sign off on what needed signing. "But it's definitely one of the comfier places to have a Gym! I didn't even grow up here, but everyone already treats me like I did."

It also held a place in his heart, as the ideal starting point for any aspiring trainer. The stories always had trainers coming from small towns.

"Well, if you need any help finding out what to do with your limited time, I know the festival pretty well by now~" He wouldn't be surprised if the carnies knew him as well as the Littleroot residents by now. "If you wanna try something next, there's a Dugtrio Ring-Toss game that's pretty easy to win. And the prizes there are pretty good."

A set of plushies based on Gym Leaders, as Hideo was still unaware. His own were pretty popular around these parts, but nobody actually told him what the stuffed toys were of.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:42:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva couldn’t help but smile, admiring the boy’s diligence despite his age. She was not surprised people underestimate him - but Eva knew better, “Hmmm maybe I’ll have to rethink my stance on the gym circuit,” her voice held a playful tone, “Come give you a real challenge, then!” Many were probably much more challenging than her but she liked to think she had a few tricks up her sleeve.

“I tried that game and failed miserably,” she admitted with a little embarrassment, “I was thinking about trying the Tauros-Rodeo Game next but the line was pretty long. Think I should wait in it or move on to rides?”

+ Mention Tauros Rodeo Game

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 12:19:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo happily nodded. "I'd look forward to it! I've had a decent number of people high up in the League take my challenge. Or at least ones that used to be." was a gym leader (after the challenge), and used to be part of the Elite Four, both pretty important spots in the League. He could take pride in having taught them something.

A small snort escaped Hideo. "Well, can't win'em all. If it's any consolation, I kinda suck at the Rodeo; the moment it starts bucking, I go flying." had him handily beat in that game.

"If you're looking for something with a short line, there's a teacup-spinning ride we could go on. Even small Pokemon can join in on it, so long as we don't spin so fast they fly out."

The joyous expression on Uxie's illusion dropped somewhat. Something Hideo was already aware of.

"We don't gotta go too fast in it; we control how fast it spins."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 18:50:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s smile widened at the thought of watching Hideo buck around on the Tauros ride. It was probably a sight to see!

“The only ride I’ve been on so far is the bumper cars and that was a blast!” she loved zooming around and purposefully crashing into people, “Teacups sound like fun!” Kit, the chimchar, chittered in agreement, thrilled to go on a fast-paced ride, “Maybe we can do something calm afterwards, like a Merry-Go-Round or Ferris Wheel,” she didn’t want Uxie to feel left out.

“I’ll follow you guys! I don’t know where the teacups are,” she finished the last bite of her pretzel and followed Hideo where he would lead them.

+ Ride at least one ride

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 19:12:39 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smirked. "Bumper cars are the only thing I can't do here. Driving ain't my strong suit."

No need to elaborate why.

He happily nodded at Eva's request(s). "Caaaan do!" Granted, following him meant following Uxie's directions, but the disguised pixie would get them to the teacups in record time.

The line wouldn't take long, and soon, the two of them (and their Pokemon) would get a teacup of their own. Uxie took a spot next to Hideo, sitting close to him; it wasn't as worried about getting flung off like its ride with Mesprit, but it still sat right where it'd push against Hideo once the spinning started.

And once it did begin, Hideo would begin spinning the center ring, to build up speed. He wanted speed, but there would only be so fast he could spin it on his own.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:34:49 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva matched Hideo smirk as they made their way towards the teacups, “You don’t think ‘Ralts’ would wanna drive?” she eyed the hidden Uxie playful, even adding a wink.

Kit enthusiastically hopped off Eva’s shoulder and as she scooted into the teacup to sit opposite of Hideo. The little Chimchar seems absolutely delighted to be part of the thrilling ride. She wouldn’t stop chittering in excitement and banging her little fists against the enter ring, “Chill, Kit! Gotta wait until it starts!”

Eva and Kit joined Hideo in spinning the center ring. They spun faster and faster. Eva’s laugh crescendoed with the momentum and didn’t die off even when the ride slowed to a halt after several minutes of spinning.

Kit was a bit dizzy, falling over clumsily as they attempted to make their way to the exit, “Careful there,” she warned, reaching down to scoop up the Chimchar into her arms so she didn’t hurt herself, “That was a blast! How’s everyone doing?” she glanced back at Hideo and Uxie to make sure they were alright.

+ Ride the spinning teacups

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:55:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Hmmm…" Hideo held a pensive hand under his chin. "Well, if you wanna get outdriven by a Pokemon that keeps its eyes closed, go ahead~ You wanna go for a ride, Rudy?"

The "Ralts" matched Hideo's gesture (as best as possible with no fingers), before nodding. "Well then, guess I know what we'll do after this~"

And Hideo didn't hold back with his spinning, joining Eva and her Pokemon and laughing along with them. Uxie didn't participate, accepting its fate being pushed into Hideo by the spinning momentum - about the same as the last time it rode on this.

Granted, this time it wasn't clinging to Hideo, so progress was progress.

Once the teacup ride was over, Hideo stumbled out, Uxie held close. "Doin good!" Hideo answered, offering a thumbs up in the wrong direction, still clearly in a daze. Uxie recovered considerably faster, shaking its head to the sides before facing towards Eva, raising a hand - the closest it could do to a thumbs up.

"Now, where's those bumper cars? I wasn't in a state to drive to begin with, but my friend here'll probably enjoy that more."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:46:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Outdriven?!” Eva gawked at the thought of being out driven by Uxie, “PUH-lease,” she waved a hand in dismissal, her voice playful but also holding a serious undertone that reflected her competitive side, “I’m great behind the wheel, just ask ,” she had plenty of people she was (almost) sure would vouch for her bumper car driving prowess, “So yeah, you’re on!” she grinned at Uxie, eagerly leading the small group over to the bumper cars.

Eva strapped in with Kit clinging to her hair and shirt for support, “Hold on, Kit! It’s gonna get bumpy,” and as soon as the cars jerked to life, she cranked the wheel, making a beeline for Hideo and Uxie.

+ Ride the bumper cars

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 17:20:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
A genuine grin found its way to Hideo's face. "Oh boy. Nobody challenges my friend here and gets away with it." A similar smile was on the Uxie's (disguise's) face - they were more than ready to challenge Eva in a bumper car battle. "Your friend's gonna change their mind after we're done here!"

And so, they'd get to the bumper car ride. Hideo couldn't just let Uxie drive on its own - Pokemon that small had to be accompanied by a trainer. Hideo strapped himself in the seat, but Uxie was the one holding the wheel. Hideo just went along, tapping the proper pedals at Uxie's command.

Their main target was Eva, yes, but they were far from the only ones on the track. Uxie tapped another driver - a kid younger than Hideo - before making their approach. It was enough to get that kid to follow them, so that once Eva got close, they turned, leaving the other kid in her path.

Only then would Uxie make their turn around, aiming to catch Eva on the side.