Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Et Tu, Alastor? [WOFF] [EVA]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:52:47 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Though nothing here struck the ginger as healthy, the redhead did not have the luxury of an organic grocery store here. Her choices were limited to deep-fried things and sugary things. But she knew that she couldn’t skip another meal. Between the Zooasis booth’s work and attending to the show Pokemon, she was exhausted. The heat was turning her skin the same shade as her hair.

So, after a few moments of pointless debating, she settled for a simple cup of french fries. Or, to be more accurate, two of them. Alastor was a bit of a germaphobe. Nobody could touch his food without the frilled lizard throwing a fit. As they munched their way through the cup of fries, the two lost themselves in thought. Aubre’s mind lingered on the injuries left behind by the earlier rodeo. A Mudsdale with an angry gash across its side.
]
The doctor wondered if she could have pulled the stitches a little tighter. Alastor, meanwhile, was pondering his next round at Magikarp fishing. That golden Magikarp would be his and so would that Gatling NERF gun. It’d be perfect for shooting at annoying customers. So engrossed was he in these fantasies, that he didn’t notice his trainer’s gasp.

That’s Professor Morales. A fry stopped halfway to her mouth. Green eyes fixated a second too long before becoming intent on the whorls of wood beneath scarred fingers. When it came to admiration, Aubre typically took a subtle approach. The idea of approaching someone whose work she enjoyed seemed intrusive. It was like some kind of secret eleventh sin.

Perhaps it was simply that admiration was like a poison to her. A strange, foreign substance her body didn’t know how to process.

Suddenly, his trainer’s aura changed. A brow went up as the Heliolisk turned to the crowd. A side glance at Aubre told him all he needed to know. And, he did what he always did. When they skipped over her for dodgeball or team sports. When she wanted to stay in bed. He took care of it. His pen scribbling on his notepad, the lizard darted after the doctor through a tangle of limbs.

“Alastor, wait!” Abandoning her flies to steely-eyed scavengers, the younger doctor took after her pushy lizard. She reached Eva just in time to come face to face with her—the pair at the bottom of a thrill ride. A clawed hand lifted to tug at the other academic’s sleeve.

Up went his stenopad, ‘Aren’t you the Rayquaza lady?’ With a noise of alarm, Aubre scooped him up into her arms. His frill exploded as he squirmed away. ‘The Doc wants your autograph.’ The pencil vanished into the redhead’s sleeve. Red-cheeked, she offered up an apologetic smile.

“I’m sorry, Miss--Doctor Morales.” She sighed. Her heart pounded. “The pen really is dangerous, huh?” Green eyes narrowed at her ‘brother’. Especially in the wrong hands."

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 21:41:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A long sigh rattled past her lips as she snuck out the back of the little stage. She wiggled her jaw loose that ached from the endless smiling required when chatting with people about the same thing over and over again. Eva loved her job and she loved people, but even the most extroverted get tired sometimes. The Chimchar scaled up her leg and rest on her shoulder, chittering quietly in her ear, “Yeah, yeah, I know you’re bored. I’ll find us something fun to do, ok?”

Eva’s mind filtered through the various carnival activities at their disposal to explore during their free time, “How about a ride? Or-” her boots dug into the ground, bringing her to an abrupt halt at the sudden appearance of a Heliolisk in their path. Her jaw dropped to greet the lizard but found her eyes narrowed on the piece of paper, “Aren’t you the Rayquaza lady. He Doc wants your autograph,” she muttered out loud in a hushed tone. The bluntness made her smile.

The Head Professor’s green eyes met those of her colleague’s, “Just Eva is fine,” her smile grew as she extended a hand in greeting, “I’ll do ya one better,” she winked at the Heliolisk, “How about a couple rides? I’d love the company.”

+ Participate in Meet-Your-Local-Hero event

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 2:37:01 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]Sure, this lady was liked by some god, but that didn’t intimidate him. If the space noodle wanted to roast him, it wasn’t like Alastor could stop it. So, he’d ‘talk’ to her the same way as everyone else. His bluntness balanced out his trainer’s opposition to saying literally anything. If she didn’t have morals, the Heliolisk would think she was a politician.

A sturdy gloss rope holds the wire-bound stenographer’s pad in place. The handwriting is crisp and clean but tiny. As the pair turned to talk, the lizard settled back with a smug, know-it-all expression. Blue eyes dart briefly up to the Chimchar on the professor’s shoulder. He offers the simian a wave, trying his best to adopt the same bored expression. Even if he was paying rapt attention to the conversation.

The instant Eva spoke, Aubre and Alastor’s shenanigans screeched to a halt.

Any thoughts of securing him vanished. Her injured back forced itself straight. A few fingers lifted to try and tuck away an errant strand. It had been some time since she cared as much about impressing someone as she did not offend them. What do I say in a scenario like this? Is an introduction enough? Introduce yourself first. She took a deep breath and tried to focus on something concrete. The sensation of wind in her hair. The unevenness of the ground beneath her feet.

The pencil she’d confiscated passed back into its master’s hand without notice.
Speak, you braindead lout. Finally, her words and mind reached a consensus. “Eva, sorry. I just—I know how much work that title is. I did not want to just throw it aside like that.” Not that she was uppity about it. Her hand grasped the other woman’s, scarred fingers tightening inconsistently. “I’m Aubre. The Heliolisk goes by Alastor.” A scream from the swinging ride above drew her attention to the pirate ship swinging like a scythe above.

She thought about the statistics. The risk involved in such rides and the driving force of carnival efficiency. Banishing these things with a shake of her head, Aubre moved to take a place in like. “I would love to join you. And, Alastor—” The piece of paper stared at her like an unblinking unknown.

‘I’ll leave you lovebirds to it.’ Aubre did her best to laugh it off. Or, to be more accurate, ignore it. She toyed with the plastic wristband as the line dwindled. “--will stay here."

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:44:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Don’t worry, the not the only one I have to remind to just call me Eva. Even my colleagues struggle with the concept,” some more than others despite their proximity. The Head Professor gave both Aubre and Alastor a nod in greeting, “It’s really nice to meet you, Aubre,” the smile remained through her firm and enthusiastic handshake, “You too, Alastor. Thanks for dragging her over here,” her tone remained playful, accentuated by a wink in the Heliolisk’s direction.

“Nonsense! Alastor can come too. He can keep Kit company,” Eva shrugged, motioning to the young Chimchar perched on her shoulder. The little fire type chittered a greeting of her own and made the dangerous leap to perch on Alastor’s shoulder without asking, “Kit!” Eva attempted a grab mid-air but the Chimchar was too fast. Hopefully the electric-type didn’t shock the poor thing out of surprise, “Sorry about that - she’s still learning boundaries,” a common theme with young pokemon.

“Well Aubre, I hear the Gyarados’ Geyser Rollercoaster has been the talk of the carnival! Do you mind getting a little wet?” the rollercoaster had a water feature, hence the name. Eva preemptively started leading the way to the tallest coaster, “I’ve tried my hands at a few games but I was ungodly awful. The only one I was decent at was the Tauros-Rodeo and I still didn’t win anything. How about you? Win any goodies so far?”

+ Mention the Tauros-Rodeo ride as they make their way to the Gyarados’ Geyser Rollercoaster

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 8:58:25 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]In her practice, the senior doctor took every opportunity to remind people of his title. Few things enraged him more quickly than a person referring to him as a sir, or worse yet, calling him by name. Which meant Alastor did so every time they chatted on Slack. The redhead forced a small, shy smile. “I just didn’t want to assume.” Which, in a way, she had. Whoops. “And, I feel the same way. Doctor is just a—it’s a heavy word, you know? I mean, obviously, you know, but…” It held so much promise and pressure.

People said it like just that word—the result of countless sleepless nights—was some kind of spell. That it could somehow stitch together wounds and fix the unfixable with its utterance.

Well, at least the famed researcher had not run away screaming at the sight of her. That was certainly a relief. “You as well, Doctor—Eva.” At her side, the electric type offered a mocking flourish of a bow. If he hadn’t been silenced, it would have been accompanied by a witty remark. Maybe he’d remind her that this situation was exactly what brothers were for. Instead, he just bared needle teeth at the blonde in a teasing grin.

Though her words were forceful, the doctor had been trying to offer the vertigo-prone lizard a way out. Even if the primary motive had been to not offend anyone. Blue and green eyes met. The lizard shrugged. “Well, when you put it like that, how can we refuse?” A forced laugh emerged as the Chimchar made the leak onto her lizard friend’s back. Instead of shocking Kit, his baby blues looked helplessly up at his trainer.

But she was focusing on the fire type. A familiar, distant look now in her eyes. Then, an idea hit him. ‘Guys—’ He slapped the pencil against the paper to break the spell. ‘I’ve got a real monkey on my back.’ When he flipped the pad back, he offered it to the little monkey to play with. This time, the guffaw was real. “It’s alright, Eva.” The emphasis was a reminder to do what she’d been asked. “Alastor still has troubles with that one.”

At the request, the redhead lifted her eyes toward the distant humps of the blue coaster. Even from here, she could see the clouds of a water flume. “The water wouldn’t bother me. It dries off quickly in the heat.” After only a few hours, you could barely tell she’d took a few drops into the dunk tank. Following closely behind Eva, Aubre let her eyes trail across the stalls they passed.

“I won a stuffed Forretress at the Dugtrio Toss. But it’s not right to say I did anything.” A very gracious young woman had stopped to give her advice. Without it, she’d have ended up with nothing but a heaping pile of disappointment and an upset toddler. And, unbeknownst to Aubre, helped her cheat. “Still, my daughter loves it.”

Hopefully, she got tired of it soon. Even in a home as large as theirs, it would be hard to find room for it.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 18:24:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Huh, that sounds cute!” Eva mindlessly commented at the thought of a stuffed Forretress. If she thought hard enough on it, she could vaguely remember them in the background when she tried the game - and failed, obviously.

The Chimchar quickly grabbed the pad when offered and started doodling nonsense as it rode happily along on the electric-type’s shoulders. Eva quickly glanced down at them, ensuring Kit wasn’t being too much of a pain to the older pokemon. Somehow, she got stuck with all the rambunctious babies, never the calm, easy ones.

“Has your daughter come to the festival yet?” there was plenty for kids to do. It was probably a good family affair though in Hoenn you always ran the risk of natural disaster at these sorts of things. It’s a risk you naturally took being a Hoennian.

Eventually, they found themselves at the rollercoaster. The woosh of the carts were accompanied by the entertained screams and hoots of the riders, “Kit, you’re too small, you have to sit this one out,” the young ape chittered unhappily but reluctantly accepted when she saw the water splashing over the rim of the pool at the end of the big drop. The fire-type didn’t feel like being soaked. After handing the pad off to Alastor, she leapt over to a nearby tree to perch in to watch the ride from a safe distance.

“Shall we?”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 1:46:29 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]When it came to Pokemon, Aubre could not help but find her daughter’s tastes strange.

It was not little fluffy things she enjoyed but bugs and potato-shaped creatures. And, while Aubre tried to appreciate all creatures, the child’s love of Forretress and Snom came as a shock. Something about the orb’s empty eyes creeped her out. Then again, everything eventually did. “It’s certainly…charming. I think it'll be her new snuggle buddy.” A small, warm smile crawled across the redhead’s face. After a day of insisting she carry it herself, Michaela had dozed off on it, leaving it with a cotton candy mustache.

The Heliolisk watched as Kit scribbled his heart out. Occasionally, the electric-type croaked out sarcastic praise of the artwork. For a brief moment, the lizard’s blue eyes met Eva’s green. His reedy shoulders lifted in a noncommittal shrug. “Lisk.” The pencils kept the kid quiet—even if that’d probably last all of two minutes. And, if he broke something, Aubre would replace it with ten just like it. For now, Alastor was content to eavesdrop and play babysitter.

Aubre nodded in response to the question. In this place—a region of natural disasters tied together with existential threats—a true family event was a rarity. “She’s been here off and on all week. Her dad took her home a little bit ago.” By then, she’d managed to fall asleep on the tilt-a-whirl. With another hour or two at the booth, the doctor had been first to watch them leave. “I just wanted some me time.” There was a hint of guilt in her voice.

“That’s—it’s certainly a roller coaster.” The doctor followed the blazing cart with wide eyes. Once upon a time, she’d have climbed aboard with no hesitation. She wouldn’t have imagined loose screws or recalled that horror movie she and Madd watched. A plume of water stained the cement next to them as laughter erupted. See, everything’s fine. There’s probably been 1000 people on this ride today alone. Nothing happened. Why would you be so special? Immediately, images of hellfire emerged. Don’t answer that.

She shook her head to clear out the voice’s taunts. Her smile was authentic—if nervous. “Let’s.” Aubre forced herself to take the lead. A momentary pause followed as the Heliolisk did not immediately follow. “Al?” A knowing look was passed Eva’s way as the lizard handed the notepad back over. This time, he passed over a blue pen. “He’s not so bad when you get to know him.”

Green eyes lifted to a nearby ride as the roller coaster’s line dwindled down. Its tracks were painted green with each cart modeled after Rayquaza’s maw. “So, I was wondering..” Hopefully, this wouldn’t be taken the wrong way. “How would Rayquaza feel about that? A ride being named after them, I mean?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights