She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 22:55:48 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was painfully early in the morning, but Robin was undeterred. A herd of Wooloo nibbled on the grass at the entrance of the woods. They normally wouldn't eat this close to the forest, but the rancher had explained that a fire attacks had eaten up the fields by his ranch. She was tasked with protecting the Wooloo, especially because predatory animals had had increased sightings in the area since the rancher received his stock of pokemon.

Robin found herself tempted to drift off as the Wooloo moved in circles as they consumed grass. Her mind absently counted them, adding to her drowsiness. Her trusty Munchlax pushed her from where she'd been leaning on a tree. She stumbled a few steps and found herself wide awake. "Thanks, Munchlax. I thought this would be laidback, but it might be too easy. I should have brought a Loudred to keep myself awake." 

But she wouldn't need it. Behind her, from the forest, a gang of Scizor chittered as they came closer to the herd. 

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 4:31:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was way too early.

Thankfully, Shalin's assignment wasn't too difficult. As part of the training assigned her for promotional evaluation to Rustboro Captain, he wanted to see how the green-ette would do strictly in a leadership position. She had been forbidden from helping in any way unless the mission success was in dire jeopardy.

Robin would find no trouble staying awake when a very loud drone assaulted her ears from the south side of the forest. If she were to turn her head in that direction, she would see quite the sight: a giant Shiny Beedrill dressed in riding gear similar to what a horse would wear, flying lazily in her direction. Seated in its saddle was the distinct, flowing, green hair of her supervisor for the mission, Shalin Nariya.

The giant, green wasp landed next to Robin and her Pokémon, the girl remaining seated on the unusual steed as she popped her earplugs out. "Morning, partner!" she waved. "Shalin Nariya, Captain-in-Training and Hoenn's wildest Pokémon rider! You must be Robin; I'm here as backup if you absolutely need me, but I want to see you apply what you learned in all your Ranger classes. I'll still help out if you're overwhelmed, but I mostly want to see how far you've come. Now, protect those Wooloo!" she pointed in sync with her Beedrill.

{WC: 228}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Levy            Milotic           Good
Zuh             Pidgeot           Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:50:28 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin did her best not to stare at the green-haired ranger on a shiny Beedrill. It wasn't the kind of thing you saw all the time, but rangers had to be prepared for everything, so she did her best to school her expression. For all of five seconds. Because- "You're just observing?"

Okay - don't panic.

She and Munchlax could do this. Probably. He pumped a fist in excitement, and she did her best to copy him. "R-right. We've got this. Munchlax, we're a little outnumbered, so let's get you all powered up. Belly Drum away, buddy!" Munchlax beat on his belly as the three Scizor got closer. Munchlax' health was halved, but his attack stat was maximized. He used Body Slam on the first Scizor. The Scizor tanked the hit, but was trapped in place because of his newfound paralysis. The next Scizor used Focus Energy; the final hit him with a False Swipe.

"Tch. This is hardly a fair fight." On top of it all, she didn't think her Munchlax was the best match-up for this fight. Should she abandon this strategy?

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 17:18:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That's right," Shalin answered, Queen Zing's wings fluttering beneath the threshold of human hearing but still fast enough to whip up quite the gust of wind. "One requirement before I can give you your red uniform is to complete a Ranger ticket without major assistance. Once you get that red uniform and badge, you'll be expected to take tickets on your own." Once Robin and her Munchlax took her place, Shalin put her earplugs in, just in case she needed to spring into action. Though the noise of the wings from a distance was loud but tolerable, sitting between them was deafening unprotected.

Observing the battle, Shalin noticed Robin's choice of a Munchlax - ill-equipped to pierce the Scizor's metal plating. Even after the reckless Belly Drum raising them to full power, the Munchlax was unable to take even one of them down. The False Swipe was a sign that they didn't truly want to hunt anything in their way; they just were looking to feed. They only intended to take what they needed to survive.

Seeing the danger Munchlax was in, Shalin hurled her Milotic's Poké Ball in Robin's general direction, the beached but still striking aquatic serpent spitting a dose of LIFE DEW toward the normal-type. "Robin, use your resources!" she cried. "Remember how to search RangerNet!" While Shalin wasn't going to tell the Rookie the answer, she would guide her in the correct direction. Every common Pokémon species had a RangerNet page with how to handle them in the wild. If she searched, she would almost certainly find a way to properly handle them...

{WC: 267}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 18:49:36 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The pressure was on. Thankfully, Munchlax got some healing from Shalin's Milotic, but Munchlax needed more help. "Eat this, Mun!" She pulled an Oran berry from her bag and threw it his way, but he was in a bad place between all the Scizors and couldn't position himself to catch it. The Scizor who'd been focusing his energy captured it instead, looking at it for all of a second before devouring it. Then, Shalin's words trickled into her head properly.

She pulled up RangerNet quickly, scared to leave Munchlax to fend for himself while the Scizors' chittering grew louder. She skimmed quickly, seeing something about their behaviors in packs. Oh. They traveled in packs to feed.

"Mun, pull back!" She reached into her bag. She didn't have a lot of berries, but she had more than the average trainer because of Munchlax' appetite. She threw out some cherri berries to cover Munchlax' retreat, letting him hustle back to her while narrowly avoiding a swipe of a Scizor trying to capture a mid-air berry.

She crouched down and wrapped her arms around him. "Sorry 'bout that beatdown, buddy. Their typing allows them to brush off your attacks. I shouldn't have sent you out." She palmed his cheeks affectionately before returning him to the pokeball. Then, she turned towards Shalin. "I think I'm gonna create a trail of food back into the forest to keep them away from the pedestrian path." She aimed for confidence, but once the words were aloud, she knew she sounded like she was asking a question instead.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 6:14:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While it wasn't quite what Shalin had in mind, the solution seemed to work, Mun's trail of delicious Berries leading the Scizor into the woods and off the beaten path. She felt bad having to tell a little white lie that she would be there backing Robin up, but per the Head Ranger's orders, she couldn't intervene unless the situation got life-threatening.

Once they had been chased away, Shalin reined her Beedrill toward Robin. The gentle giant hopped in her direction, the brief buzz perhaps a bit loud in her ear. She took her earplugs out and coached the trainee. "Good job - all the Wooloo are still alive and well," she complimented. "I do want to say, though, that even though we are not combat-oriented like those on the Gym circuit, it's very important to know your types, especially on the defensive end. Even if you like a particular type, raising a team of Pokémon that can handle any type is imperative for a Ranger, given the unpredictability of our jobs. Now keep your eyes open; I doubt those Scizor are the only Pokémon after the Wooloo!"

{WC: 189}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 16:47:39 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin rubbed the back of her neck, face warm, as Shalin reviewed her progress so far. It definitely wasn't ideal, but at least she hadn't let the Wooloo get injured. It was just difficult to keep typings straight. She didn't have the best memory, and she had focused on ghost types for the last several years growing up, so it was easy to neglect everything else. But her mentor was right. It was important to be more aware and more well-rounded to be a good Ranger.

"Okay, I'll study up," she promised. She walked forward and watched the forest line for anything else to come out, but she didn't see anything tempted by the generally defenseless Wooloo. Waiting a moment longer, she felt the ground move beneath her for a half-second before the Dugtrio pushed her into the air and tossed her onto her side. She landed poorly on her arm but pushed herself up anyways. The Dugtrio was underground again already, popping up a few feet away just to descend into the ground again. It wasn't unusual behavior for a Dugtrio, but they would destroy the grass the Wooloo were feeding on, and some of the natural flowers among the path that helped bug types in the forest regulate.

She rubbed at her arm and felt distinctly glad the Dugtrio wasn't going to try and eat the Wooloo or anything. She pulled up the Net to research them quickly, but she lacked the water/grass/ice coverage in moves that would put it down quickly. Well, at least she didn't need to put it out of commission to protect the Wooloo. She put Munchlax back in his pokeball and sent out Gengar instead. The ghost type snickered on arrival, but quickly got to work under Robin's direction. "Shadow Ball on the Dugtrio, please!"

It was his fiercest attack; the shadow ball flew across the field, bopping the Dugtrio on the head shortly after their resurfacing. The Dugtrio went underneath immediately, though it didn't resurface right after like it had been. Robin stepped softly away from where she was standing, staring at the ground like she could see the Dugtrio beneath its surface. "Don't really wanna get thrown around again in front of the boss lady," she muttered with Gengar's loud chuckling in the background.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 3:31:38 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Perhaps the new recruit was also new to Pokémon in general; though a ground-type answer would have been ideal in repelling the swift burrower, the levitating ghost wasn't a half-bad idea... except the grinning ghost was standing on the ground. Sensitive to vibration as a result of learning how to ride while in her Sygna Suit, Shalin could feel about where the Dugtrio was going to surface next. "Your nine-o-clock, Robin! Look out!" If the Gengar didn't get out of the way, a devastating burrowing attack would have inflicted untold harm on her partner Pokémon!

Another solid blow would cause the Dugtrio to stand down, finding the Wooloo simply not worth the trouble. "...Are these all the Pokémon you have?" Shalin asked. "If so, I think a trip into the wilds wouldn't hurt. Plus, a little romp across Hoenn might be a fun way to round out your team! At least think about it."

{WC: 157}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 16:34:59 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin laughed sheepishly at Shalin's observations. It was true that she needed a diverse team. She had neglected visiting the wilds for pokemon in favor of trying to familiarize herself with the routes of Hoenn, but maybe she needed to adjust her priorities. "New pokemon," she confirmed with a nod. "I'll add it to the top of the list." She did not want to deal with anymore Scizors, so they were out. "I'll start in these woods. Before I leave town today, I'll have someone new on the roster."

She regained her confidence as she spoke, offering a thumbs up and a confident grin. "You won't be able to recognize me and my team in a month. Maybe I'll get one of those mega evolutions while I'm at it." The details of it were fuzzy to her, as she spent minimal time in combat and had little need for tools that altered it, but that would evidently have to change. "I appreciate the feedback. I'll be the best ghost wrangler of the Rangers if I keep it up." She rubbed at the rookie Ranger armband as she thought about her future.

"This, uh, wasn't a fail, right? The Wooloo are safe." She laughed at her expense, looking over the herd of livestock with amusement.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 8:28:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Knowing Hoennian geography was important as a Ranger, but it played second fiddle to having a belt of six Pokémon that one could put their trust in and handle any environment thrown their collective way. "Tell you what. After we turn this in at Ranger HQ, want to come back here and go for a ride through the woods? We'll get your team filled out before you know it."

Mega Evolution? That was a bit ambitious. "I would actually... hold off on that. Mega Evolution requires you to know your Pokémon really well. I've had Queen Zing, a Beedrill I can Mega Evolve, for over a year, and I still can't fully control her when she does Mega Evolve." The Beedrill was friendly and docile as could be normally. When she was drunk on Infinity Energy, though, she acted more typical of a Beedrill: fierce, indiscriminate, and with a killer instinct. Riding the Mega Beedrill was dangerous even for her, reserving the feat for only dire combat situations. Even if she was more tame when Mega Evolved, that vibration was numbing.

Robin's concern prompted Shalin to give her a pat on the shoulder if she allowed it. "Not at all! This was a success, as far as I'm aware. Get a few more tickets behind you, and you'll get your red badge and uniform in no time at all!" Though she was not Captain yet, she was so in everything but name. "What say you we head back to Rustboro so I can get this ticket processed, then we come back here and get you some Pokémon?"

{WC: 270}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Risky Ranch Life [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 6:19:36 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: