She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Sweet and Sweeter Still [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:10:19 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin was eager to make the most of the festival since she only had two days to enjoy it. She wanted to hit every ride possible, but more importantly, she wanted her sweet tooth to ache horrifically. Like, medical intervention bad. As such, she beelined to a cotton candy stand, but failed to pay close enough attention to see that the flavors were unique and experimental. 

She walked away with candy that was a pleasant green color, but a horrifying rusty-coin type flavor. Her face cinched at the first taste, but she gave it a moment before taking a second bite. Just in case the first bite was the only one that was horrible, of course. And of course, that was not the case. "Mm, let's not do that ever again." Still, the cotton candy was a pretty color. She felt bad getting rid of it. 

And then she saw a youth unattended. She rubbed at her ranger arm band out of a subconscious desire to be seen as a helpful member of society while she approached him. "Are you alright?" She didn't see any parental figures around him, though he might be just waiting for them.

✔️ Eat a carnival treat.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:32:13 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

Attending the carnival had been his sisters idea. Though he wasn’t sure why she kept giving him these ideas if she didn’t plan on attending herself. Something about being to busy. Or having other business in Littleroot. Whatever she meant by that. Because he couldn’t even see what business his sister might have in Littleroot. He wondered if she was too embarrassed about the real reason for coming here to tell him why they had come here.
[break][break]
Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he became aware that he was starting to feel a little hungry. Perhaps he could see about getting something to eat. He dismissed cotton candy cringing a bit at the thought. No way would he eat something that pure sugar. Because that all cotton candy really was. No he would go for something a little healthier. Maybe nachos. He could never say no to some nachos.
[break][break]
But the question was where could he find them? This was a carnival so he was sure he would be able to find some somewhere. His thoughts were cut short when someone smoke from beside him causing a brief look of surprise to cross his expression before returning to a more neutral expression.
[break][break]
Turning he took in the woman’s appearance immediately taking notice of the arm band that labeled her as a ranger. The color signifying that she was a rookie if he remembered correctly. And considering he had an eidetic memory it was a given he was correct on the information he had read about on rangers.
[break][break]
”I’m fine, just trying to find my way around the carnival,” he reassured the woman flashing her a soft smile. ”You wouldn’t have happened to pass a stall that sells nachos?” he inquired taking the time to look around.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + you may want to put that this is a mission in the title

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:52:51 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin had to admit, she hadn't expected the youth to insist on nachos. "Hm. I did smell something savory over by the ring toss stand." She looked over her shoulder in the direction it was. "Yes, I'm sure it's this way. I'll take you over." Her mentor had mentioned that it was always better to show people the way rather than give them directions. Her mentor might have intended this advice for the specific context of travelers in the wilderness who were prone to getting lost, but who's to say?

"You can have some of this cotton candy, if you'd like." She held it between the two of them as she passed a balloon salesman. "It's not to my taste, but you might like it. It's unusual, but someone must like it if they're selling it." It took only a minute for the duo to arrive before a stand where a couple were dishing out nachos and soft pretzels to a crowd of customers.

"Whoa. I guess savory foods are more popular than I thought." She almost felt immature for how she'd beelined for the cotton candy, but she didn't have a lot of opportunity to indulge in her sweet tooth since she kept to more reasonable rations while training on the job as a ranger. It was a small indulgence, though the candy she'd chosen had not worked out very well. "Maybe I'll have to come back and get Munchlax a reward for being so good this week..."

✔️ Offer a carnival treat to someone else.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 18:14:21 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It wasn't too hard to tell that she hadn't been expecting him to want nachos. He wasn't sure why, though; nachos were, after all, a carnival food. Compared to other options, nachos were probably one of the healthiest choices they had food-wise. Eating nachos would be a lot better than consuming something packed with sugar, which definitely wasn't healthy. Though nachos weren't exactly healthy either, they were still healthier than other options.
[break][break]
"Thank you," he said once she had offered to take him over. Some people might have rejected her offer, considering they were both strangers, but to him, it was just easier than trying to follow some directions she gave him. Besides, she didn't seem like such a bad person. So he felt that the whole stranger danger thing was okay to ignore just this one time.
[break][break]
Trusting that she wouldn't lead him astray, he began to follow her. He hadn't been following her for long when she offered him some of her cotton candy. He eyed the cotton candy, taking in the color before shaking his head. "I'm not really big on sugary treats, and that's basically all cotton candy is."
[break][break]
As she mentioned it having an unusual flavor, he raised a brow. He eyed the cotton candy dubiously, now wary about what one would come up with. One could never tell when it came to people. But even if it did have an unusual flavor, it wouldn't take away the fact that it was just a ball of sugar. And since he wasn't really used to sugary food, it was probably best he didn't risk it. He was already pushing it by getting nachos since he wasn't used to junk food either.
[break][break]
Arriving at their destination was enough to distract him, and he turned his attention to the couple selling nachos and soft pretzels. He eyed the line before turning to face the woman. "If you really don't want the cotton candy, may I suggest offering it to a kid? Of course, I would run that by the child's parents first. Kids tend to like things with unusual colors," he pointed out before moving to get in line.
[break][break]
The line was moving fairly quickly, so it wasn't long until he was at the front. Ordering some nachos, he stepped aside to let the next person place their order, standing to the side as they awaited their food.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 23:54:19 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She considered his suggestion about sharing it with a child. "Fun colors and fun flavors, maybe." She didn't think she could persuade a kid to like it because the taste was so off. Fortunately, she didn't have to make a choice, as someone's Tropius dipped his head down between them and took it with him, munching as the walked with his trainer.

Huh.

She moved closer to her new festival buddy as if another pokemon would interrupt them on the quest for nachos. "I'm surprised at how many large pokemon are out and about right now." She didn't have a lot of experience with larger ones, particularly ride pokemon. "But I guess people don't associate Ranger Robin with, like, any of these giant horse pokemon," she murmured as a Rapidash passed through a path beside them. No, she was more of a ghost enthusiast.

"Sorry - don't mean to bore you. If it doesn't trouble you, I wouldn't mind getting your name. You know, in case I need to inform the nurses here about someone who was on the receiving end of bad nachos." She laughed as she watched a kid leave the nacho stand with a paper container piled two feet high with toppings and chips. "Gotta keep an eye out for ya and all now that you've been with me."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 20:04:05 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It really depended on the kid. Some kids were just plain weird. One could never tell what a kid would find tasty. For all they knew, there was a kid that would enjoy the flavor of that cotton candy, whatever flavor it was. It was something they could point out, but they didn't. It was only a suggestion, after all. Whether or not she took it was completely up to her, or so he thought. However, that choice was taken away by someone's passing Tropius. Well, that was one problem solved.
[break][break]
Before he could bring to attention the fact that the problem had been solved for them, she brought up the many large Pokémon around. Blinking, he looked around and realized that she was right. Other than a Tropius, he also saw a Rapidash as it moved past them, and was that an Arcanine? So many mount Pokémon out and about, it made him want to release Mirage from his Pokéball.
[break][break]
"Ride Pokémon are pretty cool. I have two, a Hisuian Zoroark and a Wrydeer," he admitted as he continued to take in the Pokémon that were out and about. Of course, there were a few smaller Pokémon out and about as well, which made him frown. "I do hope someone doesn't end up losing their Pokémon," he said with a sigh.
[break][break]
As she brought up the fact that she didn't know who he was, he suddenly realized that he hadn't introduced himself when she had. "Right, where are my manners? Anyway, my name's Absalom, but Axel works just as well. It's a pleasure to meet you, Robin," he told her, his expression slightly apologetic about the late introduction.
[break][break]
As she had mentioned the possibility of him needing help due to a bad nacho, he smiled weakly. "Yeah, if I'm lucky, that will be the only reason I need medical attention."[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 17:57:14 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's eyes lit up as he explained his ride pokemon. She had not ridden her pokemon before, as she primarily had smaller ones or ones ill-equipped for such behavior. It was something her Ranger teaches chastised her for; she needed more to have more mobility with missions. "I've never seen a Hisuian Zoroark." She hadn't seen anything Hisuian. "How did you find that?" His name was Axel, and now she was going to associate him with nachos and Hisuian Zoroark forever.

She laughed as he mentioned he'd be lucky if nachos were the only reason he needed attention. "You think you're gonna get injured?" She poked her chest with a thumb. "I won't let that happen. I'll take on anyone who tries it!" She then narrowly dodged a low-flying Wingull. Perfect timing. "Well, I'll take on anyone except a hoard of Wingulls. Sorry. Those guys are terrifyingly food motivated."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 15:18:43 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He thought he could show it to her. Previously, he had been concerned that the fox Pokémon would get in the way with so many people around. However, many people had let their larger Pokémon out, which he was sure often got in the way of the people at the fair.
[break][break]
“Why don’t we change that?” he asked rhetorically before releasing Mirage from his Pokéball. He felt that Hisuian Zoroark was a sight to see. While it was easy to see that it was a Zoroark, it was still vastly different from its counterpart, and to him, cooler. Though, considering his favoritism of normal types, maybe he was being a bit biased.
[break][break]
“Mirage isn’t my only Hisuian Pokémon; I also have a Wrydeer. I find it curious that the present-day Stantler wasn’t known to evolve, but it did in the past. Of course, with the space rifts opening as much as they are, even Stantler you catch in the wild can evolve,” he explained to her.
[break][break]
Realizing he had gotten a bit off-topic, his face heated up in embarrassment. “Anyway, I found Mirage three years ago when he was still a Zorua. I guess he had come through a space-time rift at some point and ended up here. No telling how long he had been here before my sister and I found him.”
[break][break]
“When we found him, he was being ganged up on by some other wild Pokémon. I didn’t have my own Pokémon, so my sister dealt with the other Pokémon while I tended to his injuries. He’s been with me ever since, becoming my first Pokémon,” he told her, running his hand through Mirage’s fur.
[break][break]
As she inquired whether he thought he would get hurt, he shook his head. He didn’t have time to comment as she continued talking. As she mentioned taking on anyone but Wingulls, he couldn’t help but let out a huff of amusement.
[break][break]
“Don’t worry. I’m not an accident-prone person, so me getting hurt isn’t too common,” he told her before continuing. “I guess it’s just easier to tell you. Due to being born too early, I was born with underdeveloped lungs, so too much exercise isn’t good for me. I’m hoping to improve upon that in the future, though.”[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:57:32 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

His explanations of Wyrdeer were clear. She was impressed with how knowledgeable he was because she struggled to retain any information related to the rifts. "You should be a professor," she observed before he continued speaking about his pokemon.

Robin took a step back instinctively as the Hisuian Zoroark appeared. It looked rather intimidating, but she tried not to express that. The Zoroark seemed less intimidating as Absalom explained the origins of their meeting. She was sure as a Zorua it was less scary also. "That's really sweet. My pokemon came to me, basically." She thought it was nice of him to have found an ally through triage. And pretty lucky, too, because the Zoroark could clearly hold its own in battle.

She was surprised at his candor about his condition. "Oh, that sounds difficult. I guess you could use ride pokemon to get around some of the exercise travelling requires, but that seems so inconvenient. At least you're managing it. I think I am accident prone given that I sleepwalk a lot. I need my pokemon to keep me from going off in the middle of the night and getting lost in the woods or something."

She meant to explain more, but pager went off, alerting her to a task regarding a missing pokemon on the fairgrounds. "Sorry; I'm really on the clock all night tonight. I need to go look for this caterpie, but thank you! And it was awesome to meet your Zoroark. I hope I'll catch you around!" Her pager buzzed again, urgent and impatient, and she turned tail to run off to the Western end of the fairgrounds where it was last spotted.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 5:20:39 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As she mentioned that he should be a professor, he couldn't help but start laughing. "Sorry, sorry, it just so happens that my dad is a Pokémon professor in Alola. I used to spend my days reading over his research. I found it quite interesting. Though I have to admit, he didn't dabble much in Hisuian Pokémon. I actually didn't learn about Hisuian Pokémon until I came to Hoenn," he explained before she could ask what he found so funny.
[break][break]
"Thanks, though sometimes I feel like he acts like another parent to me. He's not as violent as his species usually is, maybe due to the way I met him. Displaced in a world he was unfamiliar with, getting a hard time by the other wild Pokémon," he said with a shake of his head.
[break][break]
As she spoke, he listened to what she had to say and nodded along. A sleepwalker, huh? He had never met anyone like that before. It was probably a good thing she did have Pokémon if that was the case. He couldn't imagine going to sleep somewhere only to wake up somewhere else. He figured sleepwalkers had their own problems.
[break][break]
"Sounds tough. At least we both have our Pokémon to help us out. And you're not wrong about what you said. I often ride my Pokémon so I don't push myself too hard. I do enjoy walking from time to time, though I admit that's more of me acting rashly than trying to improve my own health," he admitted with a chuckle.
[break][break]
He had a feeling more was to be said, but then it seemed Robin got a message to be somewhere else. "Don't worry about it. Work's work. I should actually be heading off myself. My sister won't be happy if I stay out too late," he pointed out.
[break][break]
After that was said, they went their separate ways. He watched her go off before heading back towards the entrance of the fairground so he could leave.[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 23:26:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: