She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
901 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:18:05 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gengar and Robin exchanged silly, exaggerated expressions with each other as they waited. She was chronically early for a meet-up with a ranger she'd not met before. They were to rendezvous at this route to solve the issue of Braviary nesting on the powerlines. She was a few hundred feet away from where the first nest started, but already she could tell the situation was strange: both standard and Hisuian Braviaries were nesting on various powerlines. 

It was a little funny to see such huge birds making nests, but the concentration of odd behaviors was alarming. Perhaps it was in response to a recent natural disaster, or something more sinister.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:52:45 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Bird Pokémon. He had always had a bit of a fascination with them. Of course he loved all Pokémon equally, but he just couldn’t help a certain curiosity when it came to bird Pokémon. Probably because the first Pokémon he had ever had was a Rookidee. And while he didn’t love his Zebstrika any less he would always have a closer bond to the steel bird. Probably because he had been with him through so many hardships.
[break][break]
Reaching the designated destination he was a bit surprised to not be the first to arrive. He was known for being the early type. Usually beating the other ranger to the destination. Mostly because he just wanted to get out of his house. Not that he had anything against his home in Fortree. He just didn’t like to be cooped up inside. That and considering he didn’t sleep and functioned by drinking coffee nonstop made it so he had nothing better to do.
[break][break]
Once he was close enough to his partner he hopped off of Rook not even waiting for the Corviknight to fully descend. Not that he had been overly high up. He had waited until the steel bird was about a foot above the ground before jumping off. But it would probably still be enough to make certain people frown. Like his grandparents.
[break][break]
”Robin I presume,” he said inclining his head to the younger ranger. Though neither was full fledged rangers they had still been placed together. He figured that they thought he had enough training not to mess this up. Either that or they didn’t have enough rangers to spare for this kind of mission.
[break][break]
Probably the latter. He hadn’t been training for to long after all.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
901 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:03:15 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin could not school her expression: she was in awe as he dropped down on his Corviknight. She hadn't captured a ride pokemon or anything capable of using fly, but he seemed like such a natural. Belatedly, she realized he'd spoken, and she nodded her head quickly to compensate. "Yes, that's me. You must be Ever, then. This is exciting! It looks like you know your way around flying types. I haven't had a lot of interactions with bird pokemon so far since I've mostly been doing my training and travelling at night with my comfort around ghost types and all." She looked to Gengar affectionately, but he made a silly face at her instead of anything reflecting their friendship. She barely resisted socking him in the arm for it in front of her partner on this mission.

"Anyways. I'm very much a rookie, but I am so glad we're together on this. I was wondering if you had any ideas for the best way to relocate the birds. I can't easily get to their height, but I should warn you that psychic type pokemon have a beef with me that honestly transcends explanation." She spoke quickly, as her energetic self did naturally, but her voice turned bitter on the final note. Truly, she felt a bit cursed with how far she was from the psychic abilities and affinities of her family members.

And, par for the course, a Hisuian Braviary started shuffling from its nest a few poles down from them, as if a sixth sense warned it of her presence. At least, that's what she told herself. It had to be some supernatural unluckiness. She grew visibly uneasy, shifting from foot to foot as it began to rise from its nest. "I don't want to result to fighting them when they've done nothing wrong. What do you think we should do?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 6:22:01 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It wasn't hard to tell that the woman was impressed by his arrival. He was unsure if it was the stunt or the fact that he had arrived on a Corviknight that had impressed her. For all he knew, it could be a little bit of both. He didn't care enough to ask, simply getting to the point and making sure that she was the person he was supposed to be meeting up with.
[break][break]
Her enthusiastic response left him a bit dazed. Dealing with someone who was this excitable wasn't his forte. He had no idea how he should go about interacting with someone like her. A long-winded response hadn't been something he had been expecting. In his defense, he recovered his composure quickly, and it took only a little longer than that to formulate a response.
[break][break]
"Yes, I'm Ever, and I do have some knowledge on flying types, but since I like to keep a pretty diverse team, I don't have many flying types on my team," he explained, hoping his explanation would be good enough. Though right now, he did have two Pokémon on him with a flying type, but that was because he was pretty limited on what Pokémon he could add since he didn't go out to catch Pokémon very often.
[break][break]
The fact that she traveled at night was quite interesting. Some common ground between them. He often wandered around at night when he was too restless to stay at home. So he could understand traveling around at night, just without ghost types being his reason. His own nightly routine wasn't something he desired to get into, so he decided not to think too much about traveling around at night.
[break][break]
As she started speaking once more, he focused his attention on her. As she mentioned psychic types having it out for her, he couldn't help but raise a brow. To be honest, he could see that with certain types of Pokémon, but psychic types didn't fall into that category. So psychic types having it out for anyone did make him curious, not that he showed it.
[break][break]
"Something we have in common. I'm still pretty much considered a rookie, just with more training. Getting to their height with Rook wouldn't be too much of a problem, but since wild Pokémon should be approached carefully, it's an option that could lead to disaster," he pointed out, his expression thoughtful.
[break][break]
As he continued to think through the options, he ignored the ruffling of feathers he could hear. But that didn't mean he wasn't paying attention, something that became clear when he made a sound of agreement when he heard her comment before speaking. "I wouldn't worry about that. I don't like hurting Pokémon, so I try my best not to have to battle them."[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
901 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 22:33:17 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin lit up as he mentioned her had more training than a rookie. Perfect. She was too green to mess up a mission like this. She heard him out about not wanting to fight. She agreed. These birds had done nothing wrong. "Okay, so let's see. What's the best way to lure birds away? They'll have to remake their nests elsewhere if we move them. I'm not sure how we should incentivize them leaving without violence." She put a finger to her chin as she thought.

"If we use the stick, we'll need to create some sort of annoyance that motivates them to leave. But we risk them getting aggravated enough to fight. If we use the carrot, hmm. Berries? I definitely have some in my bag," she looked at Munchlax pointedly, "but I don't know if it's enough for these guys. What do you think?" Was there training about this kind of situation? There certainly wasn't a training for this situation that she had encountered as a newbie.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:21:22 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

There were a few things that could lead the bird Pokémon away, although it also depended on the specific Pokémon. Not all bird Pokémon were the same, but they all shared a tendency to be drawn towards anyone with food. In fact, there were stories of Fearows attacking picnics for that very reason.
[break][break]
Fortunately, not all bird Pokémon were as violent as Fearow, so even if they had food, there was no need to worry too much about being attacked. However, they were wild Pokémon, and therefore unpredictable. One could never tell how a wild Pokémon would react in any given situation.
[break][break]
"Like most Pokémon, bird Pokémon are drawn to food. They also have a tendency to be drawn towards shiny objects," he explained, glancing up at the bird Pokémon. None of them seemed interested in them at the moment, which was good since he wasn't prepared to deal with an attack while still trying to teach her about bird Pokémon.
[break][break]
He thought about what she had said and nodded. "Yes, some berries would be good. Unfortunately, I don't have any on me, but if there aren't enough, I do have half a sandwich in my bag. I wasn't very hungry earlier, so I didn't finish it," he told her, knowing that the sandwich would probably work to draw their attention as well.[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
901 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 19:22:09 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The second he said shiny things, she felt a thrilling spark of inspiration. "Oh my Gengar, you are so right!" She pulled a ball of foil from her bag then, showing it to him. It reflected light well. "I could totally set my Gengar running off with this to get their attention. When they clear the poles, we can get up there and clean up the nests!" She released Gengar from his pokeball, then handed him the foil. "Get the birds' attention and run off with this," she explained. His trickster nature was perfect for this task, and his big responding grin was evidence of that.

He took the foil and fled down the street, chittering and laughing along the way to ensure the birds looked to him. Meanwhile, Robin turned to him with a victorious expression. "This way, we can save your sandwich from being unnecessarily victimized in the name of, uh, well I wouldn't really call this justice. Um. The name of civil order?" She laughed despite herself, turning back to watch Gengar and the flight of birds following behind him now with interest. He was her fastest pokemon, but he'd have to be smart to evade the birds and their beaks.

Robin aimed her pokeball high and tossed it carefully, releasing Toxel on the of a nest-riddled pole. "Do you think we should put something on top of the cleared poles to discourage their return?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 7:12:56 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It seemed optimism was her default. She was definitely more cheerful than he was. Then again, that wasn't exactly hard to accomplish. But it was evident in everything she did. Everything she did screamed eagerness to help. If he was being honest, he wasn't too sure how to feel about that; he had never had to deal with someone like this before, as far as he could remember anyway.
[break][break]
As she mentioned her Gengar being able to lead them away with something shiny, he nodded. It was a good idea. It would also prevent them from putting themselves at risk. Not that he really cared one way or another if he put himself at risk, but that was because he could be self-sacrificing at times.
[break][break]
While she gave her Gengar something shiny and directed him to run off with it, he kept an eye on the bird Pokémon. He waited with bated breath to see if they would fall for the plot. Luckily, they did, and he watched as they took off after the Gengar, who had gone the extra mile to get them to chase him.
[break][break]
Once they were gone, he turned back to Robin. "It wouldn't bother me; I probably won't get around to eating it until supper time tomorrow anyway. I often don't feel real hungry throughout the day," he told her. That's why he usually only ate half and saved the other half for later.
[break][break]
As she mentioned putting something up to avoid any more bird Pokémon from nesting, he nodded before releasing Nyx from her Pokéball. "Go help get the nest down so we can relocate them," he told the Gliscor, watching to make sure she followed his instructions before turning to face his partner for the mission.
[break][break]
"Do you have any ideas on how we could prevent them from returning?" he asked, his gaze fixed on her as he waited. While he could probably think of some solutions himself, he was curious about what ideas she would have.[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
901 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 17:08:40 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin watched Gengar flee with the birds in tow. She walked underneath the pole with her arms out so Toxel could toss the nest down to her; with his Gliscor holding the other nest, they had the bird homes. Ever's question had her hum thoughtfully. "I think foil would work. I could come back and place some." She needed a successful mission, and she didn't mind tossing up some tinsel on her way back since she would be leaving down this route anyway. For the mean time, Toxel could sit on the pole and keep any Braviary from nesting.

More importantly, the two of them needed to put the nests somewhere.

"We need somewhere away from civilians, so the birds won't disturb foot traffic and the people won't disrupt their behaviors." She looked around, but the answer was nearly right in front of her. The trees bordering the path would work excellently for keeping the birds out of harm's way while serving their need to nest high up from the ground. "Let's find some nice trees to put these in!" She hustled off the path with her large nest in hand.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 19:12:31 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Listening to what she had to say, he nodded absently, lost in thought. "Do you have a flying type Pokémon that you could ride?" he inquired, but continued before she could reply. "It might be difficult to reach up there without a flying type to help you. I don't think I would recommend trying to climb the pole yourself."
[break][break]
Not only would it be dangerous if you lost your grip, but touching the wrong thing could have its own consequences. Sure, he could be reckless and often put himself in harm's way, but that didn't mean he was stupid. Even he would approach getting foil up there cautiously. Anything could happen in this kind of situation.
[break][break]
As she mentioned finding a place for the birds to nest away from people, he pointedly looked at the trees surrounding them. She seemed to come to the same realization as he did, though he wasn't sure if it was because she noticed his look or because she noticed the trees on her own.
[break][break]
He followed his own sharp gaze, scanning the trees around them. Finally, he noticed a few that looked like they might work. Both had wide branches that appeared sturdy, and he pointed them out to his companion. "Let me check those two out. If they're okay, we can use them," he told her before getting on Nyx.
[break][break]
He then used Nyx to fly around the trees, inspecting them. The inspection didn't take long, and before long, he was back with his companion. "They're strong and healthy, with no dead branches from what I could see. I think they'll work for the birds' new home," he told her.[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Empty Nesters [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 4:34:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB