Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 6:33:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The smell of salt dusted the air, while the sea roared out in rolling waves. It was almost therapeutic being this close to its cool embrace. Back where it all started -- in one multi-floor building, decorated in muted modern colors and bold yellow lettering that spelled out: H.B.S. loud enough for the world to hear.
[break][break]
The ghost of her youth followed her small steps through the cobbled streets, appearing in flickers and winks all. From the bustle of the nearby farmer's market, to the familiar clamor of loquacious cityfolk sharing their opinions, Penelope could see herself between the seams of every story-- younger and still brimming with life-- strolling through it all.
[break][break]
The memories were almost painful to an extent. bittersweet to the most violent ends.
[break][break]
The sight of the Lilycove Gym brought an end to these thoughts, however, as duty overcame oneself.
[break][break]
She pushed open the glass door.
[break][break]
" ?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 16:55:31 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lam"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

Lilycove is everything Lam hadn’t realized he was missing. From the moment he set foot there with a degree more permanence, the sunny, seaside city has soothed an ache he hadn’t realized was as prominent as it was. It’s not Hau’oli, of course, but the impression lingers. Comfort drifts through the air with the taste of sea salt from the bay. The feeling of home is one that settles with greater ease in his bones than it had in Slateport.[break][break]
As a result, it allows for a far more fluid transition from trainer to gym leader. Even if it is still no small task to undertake. The learning curve is steep, but he takes it in stride—happy to be where he is again. Finally.[break][break]
He’s running through a list of recent match sign-ups with his new desk attendant when the call of his name lifts through the lobby. Head turning, his expression brightens with familiarity as eyes land on the councilwoman. Bright, friendly apple green. “Penny, hey!”[break][break]
Excusing himself, he steps away from the desk to meet her halfway. Is that unprofessional of him now to address her so casually?[break][break]
Hopefully not.[break][break]
His grin persists regardless, dispelling any internal self-doubt that attempts to make him second guess himself. “Haven’t seen you in a while. What brings you over?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#9eb591!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 5:49:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I wanted to congratulate you! Not only for joining us as a gym leader, but for choosing Lilycove."
[Break][break]
A genuine smile lifted her spirits, casting a golden glimmer across her eyes. For all the viterole that rotted inside, there still laid a soft spot for the city that once generously swaddled her in adventures and endless opportunities.
[Break][break]
Reaching into the bag latched around her shoulders, the councilwoman drew out a bottle of liquid gold. It's label was decorated in flowers and fancyily drawn cursive, all the while it's neck felt the tight constraints of a black plastic around it.
[Break][break]
"To celebrate," she offered the wine bottle, then winked, "on your own time, of course."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 4:08:01 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“It wasn’t a difficult choice! It reminded me of home, and I was pretty much sold after that.” It felt like the right place to really build his life, and it seemed like a shared sentiment. There was something fond and warm about Lilycove that extended beyond the sea breeze and sunshine.[break][break]

His head tilted, following her reach with absent interest. Only for brows to lift in surprise when the bottle was offered to him.[break][break]

“Oh woah, thanks.” He took the gift gingerly, examining the label before looking back up at her with a wider smile. “You won’t catch me breaking protocol a week on the job.” Amusement evident in his tone.[break][break]

The bottle weighed heavy in his hands, and he awkwardly shifted it between both palms. Then with a slight jerk of his head toward the back, he moved toward his office. The slight gesture an invitation for her to walk with him.[break][break]

“I’ll be sure to, though. My partner will like this especially, I think. He’s the wine connoisseur.” A sheepish laugh trailed his words, and he glanced over at Penny, curiosity not quite diminished.[break][break]

“How’ve you been, though? Keeping busy?” Of course she must’ve, being on the council and all.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 7:45:00 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Good," she chuckled.
[break][break]

If his partner was a wine connoisseur, then they would definitely enjoy the bottle together - while it's nothing quite that spectular, she fetched it for a pretty penny, and it's one of her personal favorites a well.
[break][break]

With the weight not evaporated from her hands, she swung her arms behind her back, pinning them together in a loose clasp.
[break][break]

"Yeah, yeah," a sigh breathed out of her, complimenting the natural shrug that rolled off her shoulders,"With everything that happened with Galar, and now our extractions, things have been busy. "
[break][break]

There was more, of course. Like the upcoming AQUA meeting later that week, the compiling threats coalescing just along their horizon, or even her own entanglements with a legendary that felt more hungry, more ravenous, than ever before.
[break][break]

"But I've been good. Just getting by, you know. I've been thinking about submitting some PTO and taking a vacation, to reset, but still unsure."
[break][break]

"How about you?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Mockingjay
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 15:42:32 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

His nose wrinkled in distaste at the mention of the extractions. “Hope something comes of those. Every time I see one of those organs is one more than I care to.” He’d continue volunteering, though. It felt right to help.[break][break]
“Admittedly, I might’ve been on vacation when all of the stuff with Galar happened.” A sheepish laugh crept out of hiding. He wasn’t about to fess up to it, but he was sorta glad to have missed out on the action. He didn’t know much about it beyond what was publicly available, and the firsthand stories he’d been told from friends, but… yeesh.[break][break]
That was a trip on the trauma train he’d gladly pass on.[break][break]
“So if you need a vacation, I’d say take it. It might keep you out of the crossfire for a minute.” His shoulder rose and fell in a shrug. Maybe, as one of the council, she’d see that differently.[break][break]
But Lam was pretty strict about his work-life balance. It kept him sane.[break][break]
Setting the bottle down on his desk—finding a rare free spot that wasn’t covered haphazardly with scattered papers and a clipped back of veggie straws, he turned back toward Penny as he leaned on the edge of the worn wooden top. “Can’t really complain! It’s been busy, getting everything set up here and moving, and all. But it’s been a good busy.”[break][break]
The weirdly satisfying sort that his lazier nature didn’t mind so much.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights