Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,070 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 14:00:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INVASIVE SPECIES

A dual wild thread with

"No need to sound smug about it." He said, snickering.

He really should get his boots on the field more often. He was out here getting caught off guard by foreign exports and clowned on by cadets newbies!

Given what Yuina needed, it seemed like an appropriate time to launch into his sales pitch for the pokedex— but things got real down and self-reflection-ey real quick.

He reached over and flicked her forehead.

"Oi, eyes on me, not the ground." He instructed, holding out the pokedex to her. He then grinned. "We'll figure ya out eventually, count on it. Best to focus in the here and now in the meanwhile, no?"

He stepped closer to her, rounding around her so that they could look at the pokedex screen together.

"A pokedex is a pokemon encyclopedia." He informed her, gently reaching to hold her hand, trying to coax her into pointing the device at a Lairon in the distance.

Suddenly, the red device came alive, a mechanized, feminine voice speaking up.

Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokémon. Lairon feeds on iron contained in rocks and water. It makes its nest on mountains where iron ore is buried. As a result, the Pokémon often clashes with humans mining the iron ore.

Typing, known moves, average height and weight, egg groups, and many other miscellaneous informations were also shown on the screen proper.

"With this, ya should be good trying to figure out yer match ups." He said, before grinning. "Pretty handy, huh? Though this one's a pretty old model. I got it when I was 10."

Newer models were rotom operated and didn't require conscious action from their trainers to quickly offer the needed info... those required having a rotom, though.

"Ya can hold onto it 'till ya can get a better one, though. If ya want."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 1:53:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Yuina couldn't help but smile to herself at Doug's snickering, she was only being a small bit smug, considering how well versed he always sounded in most other things. It was amusing, seeing him surprised.[break][break]
She didn't have much reference for anything though, given her short time thus far in the region, she didn't have a leg to stand on to make any kind of remarks seriously. And as Yuina wondered if she had any knowledge beforehand, she gasped, shocked, when she was flicked on the forehead. What a way to stop the intrusive thoughts...[break]
"Ow...," she muttered, rubbing the spot that was red for only a moment, it didn't actually hurt, but the implication was there... Why did he do that?[break][break]
"Okay... okay, but you don't have to flick me for it," Yuina pouted a bit, but he was right... They didn't have anything to go on right now, so she should just still keep doing what she was doing...[break][break]
Doug had one of the pokedexes that he mentioned, stepping around and coming closer towards her. He was being kind now, in contrast to having flicked her on the head just before, standing just beside her and gently reaching for her own hand. Yuina smiled a bit to herself, his gesture was really sweet... But she looked to the device as it came to life, identifying the Pokemon that trudged through the dirt and ash just ahead of them.[break][break]
It really was an encyclopedia, it outlined everything about the species, its name, what kind of typing it was, that it was an evolutionary stage of the other smaller steel type she had just captured...[break]
"Wow... You're right, it's pretty incredible," Yuina remarked, taking up the device in both of her hands as she looked it over, just that instance proved its use case. Older or not, it was more than Yuina had at the given moment, and while Doug's offer was really very sweet...[break][break]
"Are you sure? You might still need it more than I do," Yuina offered wryly, snickering again. She would apologize, it sounded like it was really sentimental to him and she wasn't trying to be mean but... She had to take the moment, as payback for flicking her.

notes[break]
Skipping capture![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 4:26:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ORTHWORM APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EARTH EATER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHED TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUFANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERPOWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,070 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 17:20:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INVASIVE SPECIES

A dual wild thread with

He grinned right back. If she could joke, she was probably feeling a bit better now than earlier at least.

"Well look at'cha bein' all smug." He said, before pressing the pokedex against her. "I'll be fine, smartass. Just hold onto it for me, yeah?"

He winked her way, trying to look cool as his head tilted—

Just as a large noodle poked out of the ground, wiggling as it looked around.

His 'cool' expression shattered in an instant, his jaw falling agape as his eyes widened like platters.

"ORTHWORM!!!" He gasped excitedly— a pokeball already out of his hand and smacking straight onto the worm's skull.

Running off to grab his now full pokeball giddily, Doug stared at it briefly, before his head suddenly snapped back towards Yuina.

"... Ahem." He uttered, clearing his throat as he jogged back to her.

And winked again

"See? I'll be just fine."

Capturing Orthworm.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 22:08:30 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Yuina laughed aloud as Doug firmly gave her the Pokedex to hold onto. She felt a little bad for ruining a sweet moment, but he was full of jokes too, remembering how he played around with the water gun at the carnival. Maybe she was kind of funny too, even if she was more or less the only one laughing at present.[break][break]
"Hey! That's what you get for flicking me," she smiled, he called her a 'smartass' but his tone denied any notion that he actually meant it.[break]
"I will hold onto it, but that just means we'll have to keep hanging out so I can give it back to you at one point," Yuina returned, and while she said it in the way a joke was meant to be delivered, she hoped that maybe, they would hang out again in the future? She would like to be able to give it back to him when she might be doing better in her training.[break][break]
Her words fell on deaf ears though as Doug was completely enthralled by the Pokemon that just emerged from the ground, a shimmering red Pokemon of some kind. She didn't need to use the pokedex to identify it though, Doug did that well enough as he rushed to capture it. Yuina stood, watching him, was he trying to play cool like she hadn't just seen him nerd out about a particular Pokemon? How silly of him...[break][break]
"Mhmm, yeah. I'll remember all of this next time you try to play cool or smug."

notes[break]
Skipping capture![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,863 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
INVASIVE SPECIES [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 22:30:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]JOHN CAUGHT THE ORTHWORM!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EARTH EATER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHED TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing