Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:39:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Pain shot through Isaac's body as he forced himself to clamber out of bed.[break][break]

If there was anything Isaac had learned, it was that the region wouldn't stop for anyone. had gone from a traumatized victim to jobless and hopeless in the span of less than a month. was only saved from a slow, ignoble death by his intervention, and that nearly got both of them killed. tried to play the slow game and it almost drove him insane.[break][break]

Isaac could spend the next month laying in a hospital bed and feeling sorry for himself. He could also keep getting attacked, because Rocket had already tried it once and a single traitor wasn't getting the League's secret service efforts. He only had the love and care of those he'd met along the way protecting him, and if any of them got hurt because of his own weakness . . .[break][break]

No. No more.[break][break]

had done a good enough job patching him up. Every step he took, every mood he made, still sent pain jolting through his body. Fear still pounded in his chest and lurked behind his mind. He was far from okay, and even he could admit that. Good enough was good enough, though, and Isaac was going to have to make it work.[break][break]

Besides, he had a promise to make good on.[break][break]

Dewford Gym. By now, he and Navy had been through a lot. They'd adventured together, both in groups and alone. They'd bonded over both trivial affairs like the fair and heavy topics like his defection. Navy was even the frontline of those guarding his ass as he hid in Dewford General Hospital.[break][break]

Now, as he approached the doors to Dewford Gym, he prepared to repay the favor.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 0:45:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Isaac finds the sheriff rocking on the front porch of the gym. It’s got a nice view of the beach. Down below, in the remnants of the old obstacle course, a gym trainer fights some passing kid. It’s nothing extraordinary. Navy’s wartortle, Genbu, clashes with a marshtomp. Everyone’s having fun. He envies them and their capacity to see Pokemon battling as a spectator sport.[break][break]
He’s enjoying a quiet cigar. It’s a bad habit, but it helps. Somewhere along the way, he understood lung cancer won’t be what puts him in the ground. Turning his eyes on Isaac, he favors the younger man with a grin. In their time apart, he’s changed. Hoenn has robbed him of his youth. Now sitting snugly in his early thirties, he feels closer to his true age.[break][break]
Well, if it isn’t Mr. Troublemaker himself.” The sheriff teases. “Glad to see you’re feeling good enough to be up and out. Got a look in your eyes. Serious look. What’s up?” This man has an exceptional capacity to dismiss certain things. Finding out Isaac’s past allegiance did little but make him fiercer in his defense of the man. A good-hearted rogue on the wrong side will be surrounded by those who wish him harm. Atonement’s what he needs, not to rot away in the jail cell.[break][break]
He's used the weight he has to pull to help Isaac before, and he will again. The smile reveals little of what hides behind the eyes.[break][break]
Not here to pick a fight, are you?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:15:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]When Isaac first woke up in Navy's custody, he'd figured that he'd been comatose for damn near a decade. Bastard almost had him convinced, too, until walked in and told him to knock it off. It was just more of Hoenn's time rift nonsense at work, something he could only associate with poor Hearth.[break][break]

Fuck, now he just made himself sad.[break][break]

Regardless, it was a sight Isaac wouldn't get used to anytime soon. It was a symbol of just how badly this war aged Navy. Hell, how badly had it aged this region? Even moreso than 20 years in Galar, the long scars this war left behind were palpable. Between Rocket's meddling and an endless conga line of extradimensional horrors, who hadn't withered in its long shadow?[break][break]

With any luck, they would be able to envy a generation after them, free to grow up in a world freed from this pain.[break][break]

"That's my name, don't wear it out," he said, a wry smirk on his face. "Can't break faces, hearts, and all the damn rules from a hospital bed, y'know? So I figured I'd stretch my legs out for a change. Y'know. While I still can." Arceus knows Rocket would want him put back there at the earliest opportunity.[break][break]

His usual bravado, despite his best efforts, was more frail and hollow than usual. It was clear from the way he peeked over his shoulder that he wasn't joking about that possibility. It wasn't even that the hospital bed was safe. Navy had been there for the moment that facade came tumbling away.[break][break]

"Pretty sure fights have been out to pick me lately," Isaac remarked, another half joke, half unfortunate yet accurate assessment of his current fate. "This rate, if I don't keep up, I'm never leaving that room. And we both know I'm not about that life."[break][break]

"Its high time I take you up on that practice, don't you think?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 8:38:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I can relate. Arceus knows being cooped up in a bed after the battle in April sucked.” Standing up, he turns and walks back inside the gym. Considering he owns the place, he doesn’t put out the cigar. Jirachi’s far, far away in League custody. There’s no starlight to snuff out the cherry on the end of the thick, rolled tobacco.[break][break]
So. You know the score. Frankly, there’s no point to doing too many tricks on you. Got a match coming up with . Once I get through her…it’s on to Lopez. December’s gonna be a hell of a month.” There’s clear excitement in his voice, and why wouldn’t there be? He gets to fight the woman he loves. Getting to go all out’s another way of showing someone how you feel.[break][break]
Tell you what. I’ll bring out the same team she’s getting. Hope you’re ready, it’s some real all stars.” Messing with the nearby PC, he pulls four Pokemon out of storage. He wonders how Vortigern will take this untimely distraction. Probably not well, but he hardly seems to take anything well.[break][break]
You know you’ve gotta fight like hell from here on out, right? You won your freedom. Question is…what are you gonna do with it?” That question is asked as he leads Isaac out onto the pitch. Raised platforms sit at either end of the battlefield. It’s equipped with state of the art comms systems, letting the two of them talk like they’re right next to each other.[break][break]
Navy would never set up a gym where he couldn’t talk to the other person.[break][break]
What do you fight for, man? We both know where we stand now. Give it to me straight.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 13:19:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The gym carried the rustic smell of tobacco. It was clear that Navy's new habit had been one for the long haul. Isaac couldn't say he minded, though it played strangely with the salty-smelling breeze that otherwise surrounded Dewford.[break][break]

What he did mind was what Navy was implying here. "Not much point, eh?" he asked, a spark of mischief in his eye. "How about we see if you still feel that way once I've got you on the back foot?" It didn't matter if the gym leader was fingertips away from the top champ himself. Isaac wasn't going to make this easy for him.[break][break]

"Congrats in advance, though. Don't got a doubt in my mind that you got this."[break][break]

Isaac had seen Navy fight casual and seen him fight serious. He'd seen him fight for hate and seen him fight for love. He'd seen him on missions, seen him in duels, and seen him in all-out war. At this point, the man's accolades spoke for themselves. To even get a chance to fight him like this, frankly, was an honor.[break][break]

Maybe that was why he felt the drive to make Navy fall back on that bag of tricks. Maybe that was why he perked up when he decided to break out his champiomship team. Isaac wasn't out to claim some title. Isaac was out to take his life back. That meant, even if he wasn't the very best, he'd need to fight as if he was. He needed to push Navy to his limits so Navy could push him to his in turn.[break][break]

"I'd love to give you a better reason." It felt so selfish. Even after a year and a half of earning the love and respect of others, he felt unworthy of focusing on himself. He wanted to say he was fighting for others. He wanted to say he was fighting for Hoenn. He wanted to say he was fighting for love. How could he in his current state? "But right now?"[break][break]

"I'm fighting to stay alive."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 10:40:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navyypog3-title"]
IF YOU WANT BLOOD[break]YOU GOT IT
IF YOU WANT BLOOD[break]YOU GOT IT

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

What lesson can I teach you with a trick?” He asks with the earnestness of a man who respects his peer. “You know the stakes. You know how Rocket fights. You know how low people can sink and how much a life is worth. I’m sure the man I am today would have a hundred things he’d wanna say to the person you were before mirage island.” Just as he’d have countless things to say to the Navy who first fell into granite cave.[break][break]
Fighting to survive’s a fine reason. More honest than what most people say. Everyone goes on and on ‘bout what I did that day, under Dewford. I ran in guns ablazing behind enemy lines. Fought Rockets. Survived Cillian and Temp. I wasn’t doing any of that because it was the right thing. I was scared, and I was mad. I didn’t wanna die. So…I get it.”[break][break]
Reaching down, he presses a button. The pitch reveals itself to be an elevator. They sink into darkness that eventually gives way to an open dome. Below them is a vast, rocky field. It’s a playground for Pokemon. When he designed this room, he hoped that one day he’d be able to clash against legendaries, should or come calling to test out the gym.[break][break]
Sadly, this place has yet to witness a battle between legendary Pokemon.[break][break]
You’ll figure out a new reason to fight. You’ve got time. Stay here in Dewford as long as you want until you figure things out. You being ‘round makes my life more interesting.” With that said, he tosses out his first two Pokemon: Sol the Charizard and Smaug the Roaring Moon.[break][break]
Both dragons take to the air at once, soaring around their battle pitch while it still descends. Smaug’s draconic tendencies are stronger, but the threat of Sol attacking him keeps the Roaring Moon in check. Freya’s advice about how to win the respect of dragons has proven useful in the months since he began gathering his horde.[break][break]
This is Sol. I don’t use him much. He’s one of the last Pokemon left from my brother’s team. Say hello to Isaac, Sol.” Sol spreads his wings and roar.[break][break]
Sol wants to be a hall of famer damn bad.”[break][break]
Without entry hazards to spread, the sheriff and his two dragons wait for Isaac to start the show.[break][break]
Show me whatcha got.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#DDDDDD;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 4:46:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]When Navy had first mentioned tricks, Isaac took it as a snub. He didn't even realize that the man had meant it as a compliment. A touch of surprise flickered across his face. Deep in his heart he knew he was leagues ahead of where he'd been, but it was rare that he consciously processed all the progress he'd made. It was rarer still that he acknowledged that he deserved it.[break][break]

"Guess I've really come a long way, huh?" he said, before casting his eye towards Navy. The angry young man, admitting his fears in the throes of Ultra Space's hatefulness and Vortigern's bestial nature, seemed so far removed from the grizzled old veteran that stood before Isaac today. " 'Course, you have, too. Don't go forgetting that on me, y'hear?"[break][break]

He felt qualified to speak to that experience. He and Navy were two of a kind, and yet couldn't be more different. They'd both gotten deep into enemy territory, albeit through subterfuge instead of warfare in Isaac's case. They'd both been scarred by a deep-seated fear after a run in with . Now both of them remained here, wondering just what all of this had been for.[break][break]

It wasn't that Isaac needed to find a new reason. Isaac already knew. He could've taken the easy route. He could've shrugged his shoulders and walked away from a man he called a brother. He could've scraped together what little goodwill he had, gone to Cil, and asked to be taken off of active duty. Maybe he'd spend the rest of his days like , slowly dying in a last desperate grasp at peace.[break][break]

Isaac couldn't do that, and he damn well knew it.[break][break]

He would never stop fighting for love, but how could he help others if he couldn't help himself? How could he save lives if his own was thrown away? That, moreso than anything, was why he let himself indulge in this selfishness. Isaac needed to find the person that so many others knew he could be and grow into those shoes.[break][break]

Once he had the means to match his reason, it would be time for war.[break][break]

Until then, a skirmish would suffice. Navy's first two picks were polar opposites; a brand-new beast from beyond the dreamscape and the last old soldier of a fallen brother. Yin kept yang in check. Yang kept yin hungry. They were two halves of a whole, and Isaac was about to see their efforts firsthand. "Then we'll make sure to give 'em a damn good fight."[break][break]

Isaac's dragon was quick to meet their own, bursting out from his Pokeball without so much as an order. Vesper the Cyclizar looked up at the two circling dragons, facing Sol's roar with a deep rasp of his own. Already, he began bouncing back and forth, limbs loose and adrenaline pumping. He was ready for action![break][break]

A heavy teal claw on his shoulder brought a stop to his pump-up. Marie the Toxapex emerged from her own ball, shaking her head in the face of her companion's recklessness. Were he to use all his energy on posturing before the battle began, he'd be woefully unprepared. In response, Vesper simply nudged his head towards the two dragons. The battle had already begun, even if it hadn't.[break][break]

"Ves, Marie, take it away!" Marie was quick to act, technicolor barbs launching from every panel of her reeflike body. These Toxic Spikes would blanket the battlefield, useless against the current onslaught of fliers but a deadly trap for when the real heavy hitters like Vortigern would hit the stage.[break][break]

As she prepared her first volley, Vesper began chasing his tail in circles. This Rapid Spin wasn't just an extension of the Cyclizar's current hype. With each twirl, more Marie's Toxic Spikes would be pushed away from Isaac's end of the battlefield and closer to Navy's. A heavy sweep of his tail would even send a wave hurtling through the air, an unexpected risk for two flying dragons typically above it all.[break][break]

Beyond that, it seemed both Marie and Vesper were focused on setup. Was Isaac waiting to see how Navy would lead this dance?[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Marie the Toxapex uses Toxic Spikes, for obvious reasons.[break]
Vesper the Cyclizar uses Rapid Spin, boosting his speed and bouncing some of the Toxic Spikes directly at Sol and Smaug.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 9:23:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

Oh how I burn for you

A soft whistle passes through his lips when the two Pokemon step onto center stage. A Toxapex and a Cyclizar? Respectable. Just looking at them tells the sheriff he’s going to enjoy this, as he can enjoy precious few battles.[break][break]
’s theme is joy. You have to enjoy fighting. He would never say this to the woman, but finding joy in some battles seems a fool’s errand. Even altruistic joy at saving a life seems a selfish waste of brain power. Yet still, here, he feels that. It’s a glimpse into a world he wishes he could live in: a world where strength was consigned to pitches, where dramatic, heartfelt speeches could sway the hearts of thousands.[break][break]
You two are strong.” He tells his dragons. “How many badges did you help Gabe get, Sol? A full eight. You were a champ’s Pokemon before I ever got my hands on you. Go all-out. Show him the power of the wind.”[break][break]
Sol roars his consent, flying back onto center stage as the toxic spikes soar towards their side of the field. Letting these spikes spread across the pitch is foolish. With the wave coming their way courtesy of Vesper, they’ve got to think quick. Circling in the air, he begins building up momentum. Momentum turns into a gust. A gust turns into a hurricane.[break][break]
Strong winds meet the toxic spikes, keeping them at bay for the moment. The wave presses through, hitting Smaug as he swoops low.[break][break]
And you, Smaug? You were born a champ. It’s your right to sit on the top, too.” Reaching into his pocket, the gym leader comes out with a black ball. Bouncing it in his left hand, he turns his attention to Isaac.[break][break]
You know what I’ve never got, Isaac? Why don’t people ever start with their strongest moves? It’s like I tell my deputy . Trump cards are meant to be used. Smaug, heads up!”[break][break]
Throwing the black ball out, the Roaring Moon is crowned with an earthen helm. Terastallizing this early in battle might be called folly by some, but it’s all part of the plan.[break][break]
Sol goes up. Smaug, you go down. All or nothing. All out offense. That’s how we do it here in Dewford!”[break][break]
SLAM![break][break]
Smaug slams into the earth as the pitch settles at last into its proper place. All around them, the ground begins to tremble. The whole cavern system is shaking. Empowered with the terrible might of the earth itself, Smaug deems himself lord of this domain.[break][break]
Good opening move! Classic! Love seeing people use a cyclizar!

notes about this post

Charizard uses hurricane, Roaring Moon terastallizes to ground and uses earthquake.

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 3:52:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm at six, myself, though only five of them were fights." was famed for his non-traditional obstacle courses and aerial duels. Frankly, Isaac would've felt out of place challenging him to a brawl. " 'Course, there's my 7th, too. But that one's more of a symbol."[break][break]

Isaac didn't know if the circumstances around ' badge made it invalid or not, and frankly he didn't care. To him, it was his most important win.[break][break]

Navy wasn't here for a flag-waving contest, though. Navy was here for a battle. If Isaac was going to keep the comparison going, it would have to be blow by blow.[break][break]

Navy made a statement through action and word alike. A Hurricane gathered around Sol's wings. A gleaming crown purged any ailment from wayward Toxic Spikes, freeing Smaug to dive to the earth like a meteor. If Navy had his way, nowhere would be safe, and that was by design. He wanted to give Isaac his strongest from the outset, overwhelming him before he even stood a chance.[break][break]

Isaac could get it. He, too, loved breaking out the overwhelming force. He fought at his best when his opponent was off balance, and the best way to do that was often superior force. That wouldn't fly here. Navy played this game far better for far longer. It was a gym challenge to boot. Isaac couldn't just whip out a few extra Pokemon to fudge the numbers his way.[break][break]

That just meant he'd have to whip out every trick in the book.[break][break]

"Marie, get in there!" Isaac called. Her part of the plan was easy enough, and a sharklike grin spread across her face as she prepared to execute it. Her coral flaps carried her forward as quickly as possible, something easier said than done for a Pokemon as cumbersome as a Toxapex. It was highly likely Smaug would descend before she'd even make it.[break][break]

Just in case, as she neared the Roaring Moon's shadow, Marie flung herself forward in a final, desperate skid. She stretched her flaps out as far as possible in the hopes the Roaring Moon smashing into at least one piece of her Baneful Bunker. Not only would the sturdy cover shield her from both of these forces of nature, but weaponizing it this early into the battle could potentially hobble their most dangerous foe.[break][break]

"And Ves, c'mere! Like, right here!" It didn't escape Isaac that they'd descended to this pitch on what was basically an elevator. The dome below was far larger than the false battlefield above. That meant, even outside of the boulders littering the battlefield, there were two massive pieces of cover that they could take advantage of.[break][break]

It helped that Cyclizar, despite their saurian roots, moved more like apes than other dragons. What seemed like forelegs were actually arms, giving the Cyclizar a bipedal stance that it often favored in combat. Vesper took this physiological quirk to his advantage, pushing off the ground in a four legged leap only to straighten himself in midair. His claws spread wide, finding purchase in the elevator platform that brought them down to this level of the battlefield.[break][break]

A wise man once told Isaac to use every part of the battlefield, not just the meat in front of him.[break][break]

Gales ripped against his back as he swung behind the platform, a preview of what would have been in store for him had he not gotten behind wind-breaking cover. Earth shook the world below him, a warning as to the battering he'd face if he were to slip and lose his grip. Worry filled Isaac's eye as he watched Vesper's trembling claws, hoping against hope they'd hold out.[break][break]

When the rumbling died down, he couldn't help but sigh in relief. The same went for Ves, who wasn't sure how much longer he could have withstood such a barrage for. Before letting himself drop down, he poked his head out from behind the platform, a Thunderbolt tearing from his mouth towards Sol to cover his descent.[break][break]

"You've got some damn good moves yourself! Hope you don't mind me twisting 'em up a bit," Isaac said, a compliment and a tease wrapped in one. It was time for the lords of these domains to meet their tricky usurpers.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Marie's Baneful Bunker protects her from the incoming onslaught. Before using it, she tries to throw herself in the path of Smaug's descent, hoping he'll crash land into it and poison himself.[break]
Vesper rushes behind the cover of the arena's elevator platforms, the verticality keeping him above the earthquake and the structure breaking up the worst of the hurricane winds. He fires a Thunderbolt Sol's way before dropping down to rejoin the fray.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 12:48:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh how I burn for you

By all means, bud. Twist away.” If Isaac and his Pokemon ruffle Navy’s feathers, he doesn’t let it show. Indeed, he leans forward against the edge of his platform. Advanced tracking software shows him where enemy Pokemon are hiding – a trick meant to help track sneaky trainers. The blips on this radar look like they’re dancing.[break][break]
But there’s a funny little thing about twists and knots. Simplest answer is to cut through ‘em.” He pulls out another trick. This little opening act, he hopes, will throw Isaac off like it will Melody. Frankly, were Isaac any lesser trainer, he’d have earned his badge then and there by keeping his cool. They may as well have fun with this together.[break][break]
The stone sitting on top of his watch is Gabe’s. When mega stones were first introduced to Hoenn, Gabe begged to go and help him find a stone for his Charizard and Gyarados. This Charizardite Y was the result of that adventure.[break][break]
For a single moment, Navy’s confident smile breaks. Sol is Gabe in Pokemon form. He’s every failure of his brother’s style and his undying strength. A flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long. If that’s the sort of man his brother was, so be it.[break][break]
Sol disappears in white light as the thunderbolt strikes him. It hits, Navy doesn’t doubt that. The lightning causes the white to tint gold. It explodes in a cascade of infinity energy. Above them burns their very own sun.[break][break]
For now, Sol surges with power. He is as the sun itself. Smaug, who crashes into the ground and embeds toxic spikes into his flesh, is energized. These living paradoxes grow powerful in the sun. Something’s got to give. As the ground trembles, the dragon rights himself. His great feathered wings spread. Both claws shine with ominous power as they unleash a breaking swipe.[break][break]
Determined to use his solar-powered might, flames gather around Sol. Surging with this power, he changes targets. For all the pain Vesper has caused him, the Cyclizar is forgotten. If he must burn, let him burn. Let him burn magnificently against a foe they say should be his natural predator.[break][break]
He trails like a perilous comet through the sky, crashing towards Marie. He intends to carry her far, through solid stone.[break][break]
Arceus, I love dragons.

notes about this post

Both clowns take hits. Roaring Moon uses breaking swipes. Charizard mega evolves to Mega Charizard Y. Uses flare blitz on Marie. I don't know if you can actually terastallize one pokemon and mega evolve the other but fuck it we ball.

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 17:32:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]To say Marie was in for a bad time would be an understatement.[break][break]

In the best of circumstances, Toaxapex made for poor dodgers. Smaug's weight punning down a part of her Baneful Bunker meant this was far from the best of times. His claws buffetted her on all sides, shards of coral flying away with each strike. It was an onslaught she could weather, but could she do so on all sides? Sol's meteoric descent put that theory to the test.[break][break]

Solar powered, the strike crushed clean through the panel on the Mareanie's back. Flames licked through the damage, scorching her main body directly as she was smashed through stone after merciless stone. Even for a Pokemon as sturdy and fireproof as Marie, this onslaught hurt. Worse still, with her flaps in their current condition, there'd be no way she could reform her Baneful Bunker in time for the next pounding. Any more of this and she'd be left in great peril.[break][break]

A flash of red light showed that Isaac agreed.[break][break]

"Easy, girl," Isaac said, even as her Pokeball writhed angrily in his palm. "You'll get your shot later. Take 5." In her stead, he tossed down another Pokeball, his Heracross appearing in another red flash. The bug beat his chest, eager to jump into the fray.[break][break]

He wasn't the only one. Vesper charged towards Sol and Smaug, fire in his eyes and pride in his heart. With his head lowered and his throat purring like a motor, he seemed ready to run the opposition straight through.[break][break]

Perhaps that made it all the more shocking when, instead, he pulled into a drift. His tail began to glow, and with a heavy flick he sent it flying clean off of his body. As it twisted through the air, his body turned to light, returning to Isaac as if by a Pokeball's command.[break][break]

When his Shed Tail hit the ground, it unfurled to reveal none other than Marie. The flaps that Smaug savaged and Sol burst through were shorter and paler than the others, but much of her surface injury had healed. Any damage that remained was more than compensated for by the tail draped around her like a mantle. She grinned impishly towards her foes, taking a little bow at her grand redebut.[break][break]

Between Smaug's poison and Sol's overflowing power, Navy's team threatened to burn itself out. Isaac may have halted all offensive momentum, but his Regenerators threatened to piece themselves together as they weathered the storm. What seemed like a normal gym battle had quickly become a clash of philosophies.[break][break]

Perhaps that's what they all were.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Marie the Toxapex gets battered real bad. So bad that Isaac immediately switches her out.[break]
Megalon the Heracross, released in her stead, does his best to look threatening.[break]
Vesper the Cyclizar feints a charge, only to instead use his Shed Tail.[break]
Out comes none other than Marie, Regenrator healing her on the switch and the Shed Tail further safeguarding her.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 21:23:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh how I burn for you

Guess there’s the reason why you wait to throw out the trump card, huh?” He laughs at the situation. Arceus knows he’s not out yet, but he’s on a timer. If he’d waited a turn to pull out the tera orb, he’d have been able to cure Smaug of what ails him.[break][break]
Man, Gabe, you sure raised your pokemon like you were going to an early grave…” Only after he says this does he remember he’s on an open mic. “You should see the rest of his team. What’s left of them.”[break][break]
Smaug takes the bait magnificently. Sensing the impending charge, the roaring moon lives up to his species name. Spreading his wings, he cuts a legendary figure even as poisoned puss runs down his body. Vesper and Smaug charge, rulers of land and sky meeting for a climactic clash…[break][break]
…only for his claw to meet a shed tail. Doubtless, the substitute is shredded, but it’s still a substitute. Falling off balance after the strike, he tries to right himself and face Marie once again.[break][break]
That’s only half the play. Sol has a new friend to play with – one that’s big, intimidating, and promising a good fight. Taking to the air, Sol strafes and rains fire down on the heracross. His flamethrower is terrible to behold, his flames burning bright indeed between the scorching sun and his infinity energy.[break][break]
This flame promises to fizzle soon.

notes about this post

Roaring Moon charges Cyclizar, hitting the shed tail as Marie comes back out with breaking swipe. Charizard uses flamethrower on Heracross.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 4:03:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I dunno, man." Isaac may have been able to redirect Navy's trump card, but it wasn't without a cost. Marie's extra shielding was immediately torn through by Smaug's twice-empowered strikes, and poor Megalon was left staring down the barrel of Sol's incredibly dangerous techniques. "You threw your weight around, and I had to scramble for an answer. If it knocks me off balance, it did its job, yeah?"[break][break]

In a perfect world, Vesper and Marie could've strung out their little dog and pony show for a lot longer. Instead, Megalon was put right in the all too literal hotseat. Sol was an expert fighter and veteran of several battles, and his strafing patterns meant what would normally be a simple stream of fire instead flooded the battlefield. There was no avoiding this.[break][break]

Luckily, Megalon wasn't the type to avoid his problems. Instead, just as the flames washed over him, he lifted his elytra. The Heracross charged through the air, the crackle of embers drowning out the buzzing of wings until he burst right out from the flame. His shell, once a cool blue, took on warmer tones like a lobster being boiled alive. His expression, once unbridled confidence, was now an obvious wince.[break][break]

Nevertheless, with how hard the dragon king burned himself out, Megalon knew he had a chance. As he emerged from the flame he lifted his hands in a crossed chopping motion, aiming to smash Sol right in the throat. If his Throat Chop rang true, he'd at least be able to squeeze some gain out of this suicidal charge.[break][break]

Marie was in a far more comfortable position. As Smaug stumbled off balance, she curled two of her flaps high into the air. One after the other, they rained down against the Salamence's flank, Liquidation bursting from them like little geysers of force. It would take a lot more than that to bring down a beast like Smaug, but in the face of his unbridled ferocity every bit of punishment counted.[break][break]

"I'd love to meet them some time." Far from their usual amped up tone this battle, Isaac's voice took a turn for the soft and sincere. Not only was Sol impressive as all hell, but he was also clearly of great importance to Navy. It would, frankly, be an honor to see the rest of Gabe's team. "Your brother sounds like a was a hell of a guy."[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Rather than try to avoid the flames, Megalon tries to charge through them. He's already hit real, real bad, but tries to camouflage among the flames to land a key Throat Chop.[break]
Marie, not really fast enough to get fancy with her tactics, tries to batter Smaug's exposed flank as he recovers.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:42:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh how I burn for you

He was an idiot who died too young.” Words that might sound like derision are said with a sad smile, his tone something between pride and reservation. “But he died trying his best. That’s what I’m starting to tell myself. When I see what Sol’s like, he certainly had style. trained Gabe well.”[break][break]
For self-defense, the Verdanturf leader said. Just to make sure he could defend himself. Gabe never officially joined up with the League. Another casualty, another civilian who wanted to make a difference. If Gabriel Navidson walked into this gym today as he had been in the last year of his life, Navy would have run him ragged with this challenge. He would have sent him from this gym with little tears in his eyes like the crybaby that he was.[break][break]
Instead, he faces someone else who knows what’s up. The game’s rigged. They’re all but players on a grand stage. Those above them are impassive, uncaring to the woes of individuals. They care about the fates of nations. As he said to the league’s councilman, what does a region matter if you don’t care about the people who live there?[break][break]
Careful, Sol looks mad.”[break][break]
It’s wrong, but close enough to the mark. Sol simply doesn’t care that he can’t breathe. The throat chop strikes his long neck. It cuts the flame off like a valve. Charizards, by all standard definitions and categorization, are not dragons. They lack certain topological qualities, despite their appearance. Whatever scientist said that is a fool.[break][break]
Sol’s lips curl with all too draconic fury. Instead of coughing, or flinching, or taking a step back, he accepts what comes next. He grabs Megalon. It would be folly to engage a Heracross in their preferred range, but he has other plans. Sol’s great wings lift him, and Megalon as well. He cascades towards the sky and turns.[break][break]
He lights himself on fire under the blazing sun. Once more, he streaks to the ground. He roars and crashes, not caring if he wins, not caring if he dies. All that he cares is that he will burn and burn well. Sol returns to the ground with a crash. Win or lose, he’s out of this fight. His crash kicks up a cloud of dust from the cave floor.[break][break]
It’s distracting enough for Smaug to only stare. An ancient dragon feels some kinship with a younger brother.

notes about this post

Charizard grabs Heracross, flies up, and then crashes down with flare blitz. Consequently, Charizard is k/o'd. Roaring Moon notices and simply watches.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Open Your Heart [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 13:13:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As a sibling himself, Isaac knew there was no malice behind that insult. As an idiot in over his own head, he knew all too well where both sides of this equation were coming from. As someone who prided himself on emotional perceptiveness, for a second Isaac wondered if Navy wished it had been him instead.[break][break]

It was too late. He and Navy were both cursed with knowledge now. There was no back to normal for them.[break][break]

Maybe that was why, as Megalon's forearms sank into Sol's throat, the two made a silent agreement. Without so much of a shred of Isaac's consent, the mega band on his wrist began to throb. To Isaac, it seemed like such a waste of perfectly good Infinity Energy. To Megalon, it was his very pride as a fighter at stake. With a shrug, Isaac relented. A wicked grin spread across his face as he held his Mega Band high.[break][break]

Perhaps in another world, Megalon would use his rapidly increasing size to break Sol's grip around his back. Perhaps he would use the forearms that swelled to the size of his head to pry his grip open. Perhaps he would struggle and writhe amidst the flames, falling ignobly to his foe's solar powered furor. To Megalon, such cowardice was unacceptable.[break][break]

Instead, Megalon honored Sol's grip with his own, iron pressed to iron. His brawn was superior, but Sol's air control was unmatched. Anyone could have prevailed as they wrestled one another across the skies, but their descent made two things clear. Neither of them were making it out of this, and both of them wanted this oh so badly.[break][break]

Even Smaug was stunned by this honor duel. Marie, lurking behind him, lifted her flaps to try and take advantage. However, before she could, a sharp whistle stole her attention. Grumbling, she retreated back at her trainer's command. To her, it was all the same. The Roaring Moon's poison would put him at a disadvantage either way. Why care?[break][break]

To Isaac, it was about the principle of the thing. Even in a war that mattered sometimes.[break][break]

In an eruption of dust, shrapnel, and Infinity Energy, the two fighters made landfall. Isaac whistled as he surveyed the damage, a crater big enough to leave fissures spiderwebbed across it. "Right on your new floors, too," he said, impressed by the sheer level of damage the two determined Pokemon had put out.[break][break]

There was a winner somewhere in that pile of red and blue. It would be a secret between warriors, not even their trainers privy to the truth.[break][break]

Isaac withdrew Megalon, giving the ball a proud smile before tucking it onto his belt. Next up came an all too familiar face; Vesper was back, both his windborne cuts and his shed tail near fully healed. He let out a threatening rasp Navy's way, practically daring him to send out his best and brightest. This battle wasn't over yet![break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Megalon the Heracross Megas up, giving Sol his best as the two make landfall. Double KO![break]
Marie the Toxapex goes for a sneaky strike, but Isaac orders her to stand down.[break]
Vesper the Cyclizar returns, waiting to see who his next foe is.[break]
Look out for toxic spikes, incoming grounded Navymon!

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights