3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:20:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva is pleasantly surprised to hear his answer. In a way, she expected something cynical and dark, “That sounds nice,” she muses out loud, letting subtle memories of their vacation to Alola infiltrate her mind. There’s a hint of mourning that tickles her stomach, both for what once was and what will never be.[break][break]

For her and her patron, there were no limits. If they wanted to they could venture off into the stars, carving a path to new worlds and endless adventures. That is something they would never do. Hoenn was an anchor and would forever tether them to this place. [break][break]

“Your brother,” she repeats the phrase, caught a little off guard by the sudden shift in conversation. She smiles lightly, “I suppose I have. He is my boss.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:30:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it's not common for matias to refer to as his brother. if anything, it's rare, and so eva's surprise is to be expected.[break][break]

"mine as well but i feel as though i barely see him."[break][break]

his words are chosen carefully as he prods a little more, searching.[break][break]

"do you enjoy working with him?"[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:45:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It’s Eva’s turn to thread carefully although she knows Matias wouldn’t be easily offended. Still, no need to fan the flames of the HEARTH unnecessarily. She keeps with the casual tone of the conversation, letting a bit of gentle teasing drift into her voice, “No offense, Matias, but your work really isn’t rocket science.” Quite literally.[break][break]

It wasn’t like Matias needed help battling. He’s one of the strongest in the region and Eva couldn’t see him taking Fernando’s advice kindly, anyway.[break][break]

“I’ve been pretty swamped with work. After Priam I…” she cleared her throat, sipping the tequila to untie the knot, “I didn’t have assistants. I didn’t trust anyone so I took it all upon myself. I needed help,” and he was there for her. Whatever she needed.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:54:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"you could've asked me."[break][break]

but even as he says it now, he knows it to be a foolish thing to say. what could he have done? he's no scientist, his skillset is entirely different and incomparable. besides, he knows there's a rift between them now, one he is trying so hard to bridge again.[break][break]

so, he chuckles, letting it go.[break][break]

"i fought priam a few months ago in the rift in granite cave. i've always liked him, you know. he told me to take care of you."[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 6:04:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva holds back her laugh until he chuckles. She shakes her head gently, erasing the brief picture of Matias in a lab coat carefully sorting samples from her mind. Ridiculous, “Sorry, but, I don’t think you’d make a good lab assistant. Your brother was much better suited for the job. Very good at it too. I think you would have found it boring.” Eva wouldn’t subject him to such torture. [break][break]

“Oh?” her brow raises at the mention of Priam. Intrigued and obviously still invested in the young man’s well-being, “He was always a good guy,” her tone leads with a somber note, “That’s why it was all so hard to believe,” her lips part slightly to ask another question but zip back shut. Knowing the way Matias fights, she probably doesn’t want to know the outcome of the battle.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 6:10:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias in a lab coat is a ridiculous image but not an entirely unrealistic one. if only she had asked, "maybe, but if it had meant spending time with you, then—" he cuts himself off, masking it with a sip of his drink.[break][break]

what goes unsaid is picked up on, so he adds:[break][break]

"he's still alive. i, uh, let him get away."[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 6:34:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Classic Matias, the man who doesn’t know what he wants - because he wants everything. She exhales sharply out of her nose, exhausted by the notion but never willing to erect stable boundaries. Her gaze finds the almost empty glass, and she quickly shoots back the remainder of it, “If you want to spend more time with me, you can just ask,” she lifts her empty glass to rattle it playfully, reminding him they are spending time together now, however brief it may be. [break][break]

Her fingers push the empty glass towards the back of the bar, eyes narrowing suspiciously on him, “You let him get away? That doesn’t sound like you.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 17:01:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"would you had said yes if i had asked? you haven't exactly been the most approachable, eva, which i don't blame you for. i understand our patrons make it difficult."[break][break]

it's why he hadn't asked her in the first place, and why even now, there's a part of him that feels hesitant, as though held back by forces unknown.[break][break]

well, forces known, but he chalks it up to the unknown.[break][break]

"spend more time with me now, then."[break][break]

even if it isn't a question, it's his way of asking.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 6:53:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Yes . . . our patrons, of course,” even with time, old wounds grow sore under the right pressure. It’s no secret Eva is more sentimental. She feels deeper. Despite all the time that has passed since their violent break up, the betrayal lingers. He hurt her, bad. In a way it felt intentional which made it all the worse. [break][break]

“You’re right, I probably wouldn’t have,” is what she says, but for all the lingering hesitation she would have said yes. Just like she did to this drink. She’s a masochist, a woman with too much hope. She hopes things can get better. She misses him. Well, maybe just the memories and the idea of love. He’s a much different person now. [break][break]

“I’m sure there’s plenty of people who would love to occupy your time - why me?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 3:07:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"because you're you, and fuck, i miss you. i miss your company and how i feel when i'm around you."[break][break]

he speaks truths, willing himself to be vulnerable, showing a side of him he only ever reserves for those he trusts most. still, after all this time, after all they've been through; the pain, the wins, the losses; he trusts her.[break][break]

what goes unsaid do not make the truths any less genuine, but there's no denying the ENVY he feels and has felt.[break][break]

carefully, his hand tries to find hers.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 6:11:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

I miss you too! [break][break]

She wants to scream it, but she doesn’t. [break][break]

Eva recognizes the vulnerability, accepts it, and is gentle and tender in the way she smiles back at him in appreciation. She treads carefully on delicate ground. [break][break]

She gently squeezes his hand when it finds hers. It’s a fleeting touch, because she raises it to gently rest on his cheek. Every fiber in her being tenses, flashes of uncertainty ripple across the surface before dissipating like waves crashing on the beach. Her mended heart smothers her desires. [break][break]

“You know I’ll always be there for you, Matias. But I don’t think I can give you what it is you’re looking for.”[break][break]

Her hand falls back to her side and her body language shifts into a more defensive gesture, withdrawing to create more space. For once, she chooses to be selfish and protect her own well-being rather than give every last drop of herself to someone else until she’s left with nothing.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 7:41:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

warmth comes and goes within a matter of seconds, fleeting far quicker than it had stayed, sudden enough to give him whiplash. his hand retreats as well, expression betraying his hurt as he, too, begins to withdraw into himself.[break][break]

so much for being vulnerable.[break][break]

"what do you think i'm looking for?"[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 8:12:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Comfort in something familiar,” she says without missing a beat. At least, that’s what it looks like to her. What else could he possibly mean when he said he missed her? The way she makes him feel? By reaching for her? Those are memories he’s trying to recreate and he would only be disappointed in the results. She’s saving him from that disappointment.[break][break]

And if he did find comfort, what then? Cast her aside until the bitter cold drives him back?[break][break]

Is she over-thinking it?[break][break]

Maybe he just needs someone to be there for him. [break][break]

Doubt clouds her judgment for a moment when she looks over at him, withdrawn. She did that.[break][break]

Shit. Why her? Didn't he have someone like Penny or whoever the next one is to coddle his fragility? This isn't her responsibility anymore. [break][break]

But it's him, her kryptonite. [break][break]

A war rages between her head and her heart, sowing chaotic emotions that eventually prompt her to shift uncomfortably and reach into her pocket to withdraw some cash for the bartender. [break][break]

“I’m sorry, I should go.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 15:18:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

she isn't wrong, but to admit as much would mean accepting that his wants and desires are built upon a selfish foundation and not an earnest one. so he says nothing, leaving her to spiral in her conflicting thoughts.[break][break]

"wait."[break][break]

he clicks his tongue, showing his frustrations almost too easily.[break][break]

"you tell me i can just ask, but when i do, you leave. so what should i do, eva? what can i do to make you stay?"[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
stay with me
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 6:07:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

There’s a growing instinct to run, to put space between them. He frightens her, in both good and bad ways. She fears what too much time could do to her, how easily all the work she put into repairing herself could be unraveled. To admit as much to him, to someone who moved on so easily, would appear weak and fuel whatever power he could still have over her. Gullible, soft, and pathetic Eva Morales.[break][break]

She doesn’t move away from the bar, but her gaze gets lost in the nothingness between her and the polished wood. The flicker of the CANDLELIGHT behind the bar dotted her periphery, “It’s me, Matias, I’m sorry,” she apologizes again for something she doesn’t need to apologize for, “It’s too much, sometimes,” she breathes out a small laugh, “You make me crazy . . . still.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+