[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
RKS: CILLIAN & LULU #1
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 20:10:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was the first time they had been in the same room since that day of her return. avoidance disguised as simply being too busy–although it wasn’t far from the truth.[break][break]

she’d been the one to suggest they do this together, but she’d been mostly quiet.

the simulation placed them in a workshop, and her brow furrowed at the familiar pokegear on the bench. ”are we in… silph co.?” it seemed a bizarrely mundane for the simulator.[break][break]

closer inspection, however, revealed an even more sinister logo. her eyes shifted to her brother to ensure he was seeing the same thing, before she turned to quickly search for tools and materials. ”i’m fixing it.”[break][break]

in no time, she was seated with a screwdriver in hand.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-porygon-z"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 8:26:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

On principle, Cillian avoided the RKS Simulation unless under orders to explore it further. Any special requests to accompany others were fended off with excuses about his busy schedule, appointments swiftly booked in their place.[break][break]

Yet when asks him, there's no hesitation before he agrees.[break][break]

Anxiety ties knots in his stomach as soon as they're together, however; he hadn't missed how she'd avoided him, even if he tried to convince himself that her insistence on being busy was the truth. He couldn't help but fear that the last time he'd seen her would be the last. What if she left again? What if something worse happened?[break][break]

His thoughts don't reflect in his calm expression, though he does startle a little as her voice breaks him from racing thoughts.[break][break]

"Oh, uh, no." He's not entirely sure where this is, but, "This is some Triad shit."[break][break]

He expects her to destroy the place, already bracing himself for the metal walls to be torn down and the faceless, laughing figures. He blinks, surprised, when she elects to fix it. But he doesn't argue.[break][break]

"Okay."[break][break]

Wanting to be helpful, and having been here before, he fetches some of the components he knew she'd need from the messy tables around them. Apart from that, he's content to watch her work.[break][break]

FIND MATERIALS TO FIX IT

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 8:27:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Together, you eventually find the necessary parts and painstakingly repair the device. After a little while, a voice rings out from the machine. It's like a walkie-talkie: "maldacena here. are you having fun? isn't the simulated universe fascinating? however, i'd be careful if i were you. you never know who's watching!"[break][break]

Regardless of your level of familiarity with this member of the DRK Triad, it does not make what they say any less unsettling.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave or take the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 3:38:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was quiet work, done in uncomfortable silence. however, she refused to break it. every time she thought the right words would reach her lips, they died too soon.[break][break]

”that’s it, i think,” she announced finally, holding the device up when maldacena’s voice almost caused her to drop it in surprise. she held onto it, however, and did not seem to have any ill intent towards it.[break][break]

his words brought a heat to her face, as she thought back to the time she had accompanied , and their fight against . she wondered, had his husband told him?[break][break]

her eyes flashed to cillian. ”we need to get back to the cloud.” it was something they hadn’t spoken about since that day in her office with . however, it was high on her list of priorities.[break][break]

she responded quickly, without waiting for his input, ”maldacena, if you’re watching, we are reaching out. you said you wanted to see our region survive. we are scientists. speak with us.”[break][break]

taking the device

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:52:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

While silence doesn't ordinarily bother the naturally quiet underboss, something about that which settles between Cillian and his sister feels weighted with discomfort. Like Lulu, he refuses to break it, afraid that any words spoken might shatter the uneasy peace between them.[break][break]

She speaks first, if only to tell him that the work is done.[break][break]

Maldecena's voice pipes up before Cillian can gather himself enough to form a response. His sister's reaction is surprisingly calm, and relief floods him when she speaks directly to him again.[break][break]

When his lips part with intent to reply, however, she's already addressing the elephant in the room.[break][break]

"He's never answered before." They're not the first to try. "Then again, after what saw..."[break][break]

He falls silent again, and waits.[break][break]

Leave or take the device.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 8:06:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in a child's toy room, but it is more akin to that of a wonderful emporium. Large alphabet blocks, train sets, SUBSTITUTE plushies and SNORLAX cushions surround and tower above you.[break][break]

There are no exits. However, there is a plaque that reads: "find the Ditto and you will be granted escape."

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Start hitting everything.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Exercise a strategic approach.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 9:12:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

they waited. when it seemed clear that response would come, she asked, ”what did she see?”[break][break]

but the simulation shifted again. their surroundings changed. she peered around at all the toys laid about.[break][break]

the more she ventured in the simulations, the clearer it seemed that there was some purpose to their experiences—but what could possibly be the significance of this place?[break][break]

”i think this may be the strangest one yet for me,” she stated as her eyes settled on the sign. ”have you done this one already also?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 14:12:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Their world shifts around them, and Cillian takes a moment to orient himself in their new surroundings before he can reply. The tension in his shoulders relaxes somewhat when he recognizes the toy room; nothing dangerous had happened to him last time he was here.[break][break]

Turning to his sister, he says, "You should read her report."[break][break]

Then, with an awkward pause, he remembers. She'd fled not only Rocket, but the responsibilities within it. Her rank, and with it, the right to access such sensitive content. He winces slightly.[break][break]

"Sorry. Maybe ask her about it? She likes you." His tongue feels thick in his mouth. He wants to tell her himself, but he doesn't even share Rocket's confidential information with . Not that his husband ever asked.[break][break]

"I've been here before," he affirms after another stilted pause. "It took us a while to find which one it was. Maybe we could just try whacking them until they wake up. I could use the excuse to hit something."[break][break]

His tone turns wry, an attempt at a joke... but he does in fact take a swing at the closest doll. His fist sinks into plush, and it doesn't move.[break][break]

Start hitting everything.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 19:03:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the confidential reports. such immediate access was perhaps the singular thing she missed about her position. bitter silence followed his suggestion until he realized.[break][break]

”indeed.” liked her enough to shed tears on her shoulder over her return. she was more than just a colleague, more than just a superior. still, to have to ask for such details pained the former head scientist. she was ready to search for the cloud.[break][break]

but not even her own brother would share relevant details.[break][break]

”i’ll have to look into it,” she replied, tone sober and deflated.[break][break]

'i could use the excuse to hit something.' she remembered the feeling.[break][break]

"good plan," she responded flatly. however, her fists did not fly into pokedolls. as she took a few paces in the other direction, she released her porygon-z instead.[break][break]

”hyper beam,” she commanded softly.[break][break]

there was loud blast, a blinding light, and the attack tore through the emporium, causing indiscriminate destruction.[break][break]

fuck em up

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 19:05:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You begin to whack everything in the room with your own body and/or your Pokemon. Toys topple over and squeak. Blocks crash onto foam play mats. Finally, you find the DITTO which had been masquerading as one of many playthings.[break][break]

Its vacant stare and smile greets you before it slips onto the ground. It flattens into a circular shape and TRANSFORMS into a hole.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leap into the hole.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 21:14:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian can feel the shift in mood, the discomfort.[break][break]

Just as he'd denied her the information she sought, denies her brother the release of the ensuing tension with a single HYPER BEAM that sears through the room and destroys everything in its path.[break][break]

Except one ditto, who ducks the attack by morphing into a hole in the ground.[break][break]

"Are we supposed to go through that?"[break][break]

He speaks mostly to break the silence, in some vain attempt to get rid of the prickling at the back of his neck.[break][break]

He steps closer to the edge of the hole, peering down it.[break][break]

PROCEED TO STAGE 3

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 5:09:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the hyper beam worked. it took out everything, save for exactly what they’d been looking for. she had not expected it to work so well.[break][break]

the hole created by the ditto, and the game-like scenario made her think back to ’s theory.[break][break]

of course they were supposed to go into the hole. this was all intentional to show them something.[break][break]

maybe.[break][break]

”probably.”[break][break]

so, she walked over and jumped in without hesitation at the edge.[break][break]

proceed to stage three

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 5:11:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]divination event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]MYSTIC POKEMON 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself in the AKALA OUTSKIRTS of ALOLA. Here, a Xatu stands by the cliffside, rooted in place. It is clear that it has been here for a long time, perhaps for many days and nights.[break][break]

Its vacant eyes continuously track the sun... until all of you arrive.[break][break]

Psychically, it casts a vision of your past or future to your minds. Is it accurate? Truthful? Real or false? It is hard to shake the unnerving feeling as the Alolan winds whip past you.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the past.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the future.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 11:21:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Between his sister and his husband, their reckless disregard for their own safety exhausted him. At least this wasn't real.[break][break]

Jumping through after her, he lands with a slight stagger on a familiar sun-bleached cliffside. His reaction is immediate and hostile, a sharp shake of his head as he reaches for a Pokeball. Though he doesn't speak, his body language is clear enough.[break][break]

Not again.[break][break]

But when the Xatu turns to him, he succumbs.[break][break][break][break]

Immediately, he knows this to be different than the vision he'd seen with . He is an observer in their childhood home.[break][break]

With an uneasy glance toward , he walks down the drafty corridor and peers into an open room. The sitting room was rarely used but for when company was around, but two children had arranged the furniture to flank a table on which a chess game was arranged.[break][break]

Their younger selves seem not to perceive them.[break][break]

"I'm fine," a younger Cillian reassures his wide-eyed sister as he takes another of her pieces. His smile is forced. His arm is in a cast. "Course I am."[break][break]

He was always fine. Reflecting on their past, Cillian's bitterness toward her previous rejection of his more vulnerable emotions softens. He'd hid it all from her, then. He was a rock, solid and unyielding.[break][break]

"Idiot," Cillian mutters under his breath.[break][break]

Beneath faded ink on his left arm, the real Cillian Quinn sports the scars hidden in youth behind white plaster and lies.[break][break]

"What was it I told you, then? Fell down the stairs? Got into a fight at school?" Cillian's amber gaze doesn't shift away from the scene in front of them. "I got drunk and picked a fight with dad."[break][break]

Sixteen, full of bravado and stolen booze.[break][break]

VISION OF THE PAST

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]