TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 23:48:10 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Assuming he fell asleep, and Nenet mildly hopes he did, should Zev be awake; her quick pop over to the Observatory ended up being several hours instead of several minutes. She slots her key into the apartment's door and opens it without much concern for keeping quiet - right on cue the single bark of a Yamper is followed by a chorus of his Rockruff brothers and sisters screaming at the top of their lungs as they lunge towards the front door.
[break][break]
Nenet patients waits for the lot to calm down - if Zev wasn't awake he certainly is now.
[break][break]
"I'm home," she calls into the apartment, her voice laced with mirth. She twin coffee cups are held in a carrier in one hand, a peace offering if nothing else.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Zero to One Hundred.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 23:59:28 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev had been asleep when Nenet left, but only a half-hour afterward had he woken to an empty apartment. He'd walked the dogs, played with them, then made a meal and sat at her kitchen table to answer emails.[break][break]

The ones for the bar he addressed first, followed by at least an hour sorting through assassination contracts to accept the suitable ones and reject the rest. Finally, he sorted through the latest reports and updates from Team Rocket.[break][break]

As Nenet walked through her front door, summoning their Rockruff and Yamper to her, Zev was reading over a detailed briefing of an upcoming operation. He raised his eyes to acknowledge her, then lowered them again to continue reading.[break][break]

He thought about closing his laptop and finishing up his own work later. But the date of the operation was soon, and he needed to know what was required of him.[break][break]

"How was work?" he said, only guessing at her whereabouts but, having known her for so long, guessing accurately.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 0:30:08 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Good," Nenet answers, her leg moving to casually scoot aside Jupiter the Yamper as he tried to climb up her leg and towards her arms. "I sorted the new datasets myself, it was easier than explaining over the phone."
[break][break]
She leans towards Zev and pecks his temple, a cup of black coffee set beside his laptop before she retreats into the kitchen to throw away the carrier. Returning with her own coffee in hand, she sips at the syrupy brew before speaking again.
[break][break]
"I have some sort of Ranger's assignment coming up, I don't think I can get out of it. Something about an island appearing or people missing or something, I only scanned the notification."

NOTES

- .[break]

[]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 0:39:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev picked up the coffee almost as soon as Nenet placed it on the table and sipped it. The hot, bitter brew washed over his tongue, soothing in its familiarity. In short order, he would feel more awake, less grumpy.[break][break]

His other hand stilled on the laptop's trackpad when she mentioned her assignment. Blue eyes locked with golden ones as he considered how to respond.[break][break]

He remembered their trip into the Ultra Crater and how he felt pleased that she continued to support him despite knowing more about him. The feeling was similar to how knew everything and helped Zev with work back in Kanto, or how had done the same more recently, there in Hoenn.[break][break]

But Nenet was not just a tool for Zev's use. She was his wife, his most precious possession. Even though he had no equals, she had insisted they were partners.[break][break]

Perhaps they could very well be.[break][break]

"The new island on Route 105? I know of it," he said at last, coming to a decision. "My organization thinks it could be a valuable resource, so I'll be looking into it, too."[break][break]

So said the important mission briefing he'd just been reading.[break][break]

Zev kept his voice even as he added thoughtfully, "Good to know the Rangers have interest in that place."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 2:38:19 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet hums in acknowledgement of Zev, her attention briefly on the chubby little Yamper leaning insistently on her legs; she scoops it up into her lap, where the dog instantly settles, his little chin resting on the edge of the table.

[break][break]
"What does that mean," she asks, her gaze cutting back to Zev as she takes a sip of her coffee. "What organisation? You mentioned it at the Crater too."

[break][break]
She arches a single eyebrow as she waits for his answer, wondering for a moment if it will be whoever he takes hitman jobs for.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 3:10:46 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

A Rockruff pawed at Zev's leg. He reached down a hand and picked up the puppy, placing her in his lap before sipping his coffee again.[break][break]

Somehow, answering Nenet directly felt wrong. The idea that it would be much more fun to see if she could piece together the truth through hints occurred to Zev. He leaned back in his chair, an amused smile spreading across his face.[break][break]

"Nenet, I've been a successful hitman for a decade, with most of my career in Kanto," he said. "What organization do you think sponsors acts of murder over such a long period of time?"[break][break]

The Rockruff—Aphrodite, he recalled—wriggled in his arms and tried to lick his chin. Absently, he scratched her behind the ears with his free hand.[break][break]

"Go ahead and take an educated guess. I know you know."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 4:01:31 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's expression sours subtly at Zev's reply. "Yes, then," she answers, techy. "Fine."
[break][break]
She sips at her coffee as an excuse to do something, her gaze falling down to the Yamper in her lap; digging her fingers into the pokemon's fur, she idly scratches as she pieces together the confirmation she certainly already suspected, if downright knew deep down.
[break][break]
"I assume Rocket has more resources than most organisations," Nenet finally says. Then, she asks once more in a question she's only voiced once before, "My family is safe?" As she speaks her golden eyes lock with Zev's, her brow minutely furrowed in concern.
[break][break]
Rocket murdered people: people that crossed the organisation, people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kanto was probably the most horrific example. But is Zev assured her there was nothing to worry about she would believe him. His lies had never been malicious - usually only lies via omission, and frankly she did the same thing.
[break][break]
With that spoken she unwraps her hand from around her coffee mug and reaches for Zev's.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 14:57:30 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev wondered, at first, if Nenet's initial silence meant a desire not to give voice to an unwanted truth. But then she relented, confirming once again that she was a very intelligent woman who knew how to piece together the puzzle of his life.[break][break]

"They're safe," he confirmed, recalling their trip to Alola. Unbeknownst to his wife, Zev had gotten in touch with the branch of Team Rocket there to confirm they'd received his request. "I set up protection for them shortly after we got married."[break][break]

Releasing his own coffee cup, he reached out his hand to meet Nenet's halfway across the table. His fingers grasped hers lightly, and his thumb rubbed her knuckles gently, affectionately.[break][break]

"You don't seem too bothered by this knowledge," Zev observed, still smiling in that amused way despite her own frown.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 15:33:48 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet gives a little nod, her attention shifting down to where their hands now connect. She exhales softly, her own thumb rubbing absently against the side of Zev's hands. "I just - I want them to be safe. My family." Nenet gently squeezes Zev's hand as she then says, "So thank you."
[break][break]
"I'm not thrilled," she goes on to admit after a span of time, her shoulders shrugging with the words, "but I've assumed for some time now - this isn't a revelation, just confirmation."
[break][break]
With her attention fully back on Zev she asks bluntly, "What happens if you see me 'on the job'." Her free hand makes an absent little motion, much to the Yamper's displeasure at not being scratched any more, as she clarifies, "We're both going to be at that island aren't we?"
[break][break]
"What happens if I'm in the way?"

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 19:22:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Not a revelation, but a confirmation. It was the same as when Nenet had asked if Zev was a sociopath. She'd guessed, but she was not satisfied with a hypothesis. She was a woman of answers, as scientists tended to be.[break][break]

However, his smile vanished at her questions. A gravity entered his face that was neither cold nor uncaring, but possessing an intensity that betrayed his protectiveness of her.[break][break]

"What happens is, I make sure you're not injured," Zev said, matter-of-factly. "I warn you of dangerous areas to avoid and make sure your Pokémon are healed so they can keep protecting you."[break][break]

His hand around hers tightened.[break][break]

"You will have strong Pokémon with you." It was not a question, but an expectation. He knew he could not stop Nenet from going where she pleased, doing whatever work she wanted. But at the very least, he could make sure she wouldn't be defenseless.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 19:56:13 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet isn't quite so sure despite Zev's reassurances - he would do his best to protect her, that she was certain, but he couldn't plan for everything. Nonetheless she did trust him, for better or worse. The pressure of his hand was comforting.
[break][break]
"Alright," she agrees with a nod of her head. They would figure it out as they went. Pulling his hand to her lips, she presses a kiss to his knuckles before releasing him and turning her attention to the wiggling puppy in her lap. "Do you want breakfast?" she asks.
[break][break]
There is an immediate flurry of action as both the Yamper, the Rockruff in Zev's lap, and the remaining Rockruffs on the floor explode with energy. Nenet laughs, her head shaking. She takes one more sip of her coffee before moving to busy herself in the kitchen filling bowls of puppy food.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Forewarnings
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 19:42:43 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: