2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 7:41:56 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Here he was again. Different door but same trial. Was he really sure he had deserved to be here though? The last interview ended because he took a minute too long to answer a simple question. Was the same thing going to happen again? He thought about why he was doing all this and it all came to simple answer after simple answer. Would that be enough?

Everyone else in this place seemed to have much more to say that he ever could. Then again if the rumor mill was to be believed the top champion seemed like the complete opposite of the people behind these doors. Almost to a comical degree even if his actions did tell Kaz that he was the right man for the job. Or maybe he was the man "who was qualified" for the job. He had his fair share of skills that he's grown during his time here in the region but did they measure up to others? He was already one of the odd ones out in AQUA yet he was still doing ok in there wasn't he?

Kind of hard to tell since its been a while since he's been to one of their meetings.

Still he had to press on right? That's what they would say. He really did wish he could see them again to tell him how annoyed but happy he was that they found some kind of confidence in him. So he just needed to believe in that confidence to get through this. So with a deep breath he pushed through the doors and walked over the threshold. No going back now.

"Hey! Here for my interview, name's Kaz!"

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 21:13:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]'s presence blooms forth memories.
[break][break]
"Kaz, welcome, welcome. It's been a while. How have you been?" They'd battled during the Hoenn Star Tournament two years prior, and of course the former Elite Four had won his gym badge.
[break][break]
The office is small but made smaller with the furniture. An old, but decent sized wooden desk, a coat rack, and two chairs placed in-front of his desk. One was your traditional wood, four-legged and rickety. The other was plush leather, though looked used.
[break][break]
He extends his hand out to the chairs.
[break][break]
"Please sit and we'll get started."
[break][break]
He takes a seat himself and leans comfortably into the back.
[break][break]
"I'm curious why you wish to take the assessment. I haven't seen you around for a while. Were you taking a break?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 5:00:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

Similarly 's face makes a scrapbook of memories. Its a gentle reminder that this man can be a challenge in a fun way, which given the subject of today was just another challenge in its own way. Taking his seat in the old rickety chair it squeaked as he got himself comfortable a little worried his own size would break the damn thing. Making a mess of things but just trying his best seemed to be the strategy of his life lately so he wondered if such stratagem was going to rear its ugly head here.

Because the question about why he was doing this seemed like it was holding the door open for that to happen. "Ah, been alright. I guess you could say I was on a sabbatical or something like that." He leans back in the chair and crosses his leg, his eyes looking into memories only he could see, "Been hanging with the Rangers and going back to my roots helping around. You could say i'm taking this test to see if I've learned a new thing or two, stalled, or even worse."

He really hoped he hadn't become worse.

"Plus I have a goal in mind and being recognized as champ, hell even top champ, sounds like the best road to take." His eyes lower themselves back down to meet with Greyson's and he gives a smile. "Y'know, simple reasons."

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 22:37:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Simple, right." He laughs, the sound echoing for a few seconds before it inevitably dies down. "That sounds about right."
[break][break]
He scribbles something in an old notebook of his.
[break][break]
"So, is that your aspirations then? To dethrone ?"

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 6:34:57 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"In a nutshell? Pretty much." The way its said pretty much confirms what Kaz thinks of it. Easier said than done. Separate the mystical powers and the dogs that follow him everywhere and what does that leave Kyle as? Only one of Hoenn's top trainers in the region. Easy Peasy.

"I've helped here and there. Some of it was helping the people of the region, some of it was helping us in Aqua deal with problems, where ever it was I pulled my weight. And that's sort of the problem." There's a moment where he takes a deep breath and breaks eye contact for a second before reestablishing it. "I feel like my best isn't good enough anymore. Or at least I'm not happy with it. I need to push myself not just for me but for everyone. I want to be top champ...cause I want to be someone who can bring hope to people. More so than I have been doing. They need someone who can carry the dreams of the people with them even if they can't."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 21:21:07 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson ruminates on Kazimir's answer.
[break][break]
"You say you wish to be at the top, so you can bring hope to the people." He reiterates for his own clarity, as well as Kazimir's confirmation. "Do you not think you're able to inspire in any other role? What about as a Champion-ranked trainer in general?"

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 22:27:51 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Just being Champion level would probably be fine enough honestly." If recognition alone was all that he was after that was. Yet he knew that settling wasn't like him. Not now anyway. "But I like making splashes and big waves. Doing that might just give the kick in the rear that the region probably needs. Plus..."

He trailed off knowing what he would say but was hesitant to say it. "It makes sense, the people all look up to the top Champ and the spotlights on them. That's just a benefit if we boil it down to basics. That's why I'm aiming for it, so all eyes are on me. The regular folks, other trainers, even our own guys 'specially in the council, and even in Rocket. I want them to know that someone they can put their faith in is also someone they don't want to mess with."

Now he was grinning, "And if I can be a bit more personal...knowing there's someone up on top just urges me on. Like I gotta climb up there to meet with them at least before throwing down. To me being top champ is more than just a title but absolute proof that me and my Pokemon buddies busted our asses to prove that we're number one." He was leaning in now, that grin evolving into a smile and his eyes full of hunger as he tried to imagine the battle between him and .

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:13:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson feels Kazimir's passion — his drive. But, was that enough?

He muses to himself silently, but his smile doesn't hold the warmth one would expect. If anything, he looked like a scarecrow set out to pasture.

"And what happens if you can't reach that apex? If the Champion proves insurmountable? What then?"
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 18:44:50 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

What happens if he can't even get over the Champion? That was the million dollar question wasn't it?

"Then I get back up, dust myself off, and try again. And again and again and again if I have to. Improve even the tiniest bit with each try. If I gave up only after one shot then what kind of Trainer, no-person would I be? If I was fine staying in one place then staying in Elite Four would have been enough for me."

He realizes what he says and coughs before letting out a apologetic smile and an embarrassed scratch of the cheek, "Er no offense Grey. I don't doubt for a second you guys are ever the same every day. I'm just saying."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 5:27:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson offers the former Elite Four member a wide, knowing smile.

"No offense taken."

He moves on to the primary focus of this interview. At least, in his opinion.

"I need you to understand that being a Champion-ranked trainer isn't something the League offers everyone. It's a title that holds an inherient trust not only to the League, but also the people we serve. Should you claim that title, you will be expected to serve in a capacity befitting that trust placed in you."

He holds his hand out, expecting interruptions or questions.

"No one will conscript you, nor will you be required to do things that would certainly place your life in great danger; nevertheless, you will be expected to provide a measure of defense, and safe harbor to those around you. Should you fail to comply with these things — your title will be stripped from you. Do you understand?"

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 4:54:44 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Fully."

His hand slaps into Greysons as he shakes it with a firm grip. At the same time he gives the man a smile brimming with confidence. He understood exactly what he was telling him, it was stuff that he knew already for a long while. But it was still good to get a reminder.

"Fighting for the people is what I've been doing for a while Grey. So to me it just sounds more of the same. So don't worry 'bout me man. You can trust me to always fight the good fight. Both on the battlefield and off."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 6:02:28 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Clicking a pen against the deck a few times, lips pursed in thought, Greyson moves to stand.

"Very well. I think that covers it."

He holds a hand out to shake.

"Good luck in fulfilling that dream, Kaz. See you on the battlefield."

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]interview.. pass!

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 19:36:08 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

One handshake was a promise to fight for the people of Hoenn. This next one was a promise to give it his all when they fought.

"Can't wait to see you as well." He takes the other's hand and gives it a firm squeeze as he shakes it up and down. His iron grip mirroring his iron will to do his very best, "I'll be sure to make ya sweat when it happens. Even if I lose I won't go down without a hell of a fight."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
newtype // e4
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 1:41:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]CHAMP ASSESSMENT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: