Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SEA | Howard and Penelope [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 7:59:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Three boats. It had taken three boats for Howard to finally reach the main area of dispute. Unbelievable. No, it wasn't unbelievable that the fighting was this intense. That was very believable. From what Howard had heard, Team Rocket had committed heavily to this conflict. Hell, he could believe them. He had been there for the initial plans.

Yet he had seen many grunts much stronger than him get torn apart by rangers and far stronger trainers. How had Howard made it this far when few else had? What was driving him to this? Was it his commitment to a paycheck, or was it something more? Many said that strong emotions could move someone, but what moved Howard Slayte? Why was he willing to trudge across this bloodsoaked ocean to reach a bloodsoaked beach so he could crack open the secrets of a bloodsoaked ruin?

History was a wheel.

This boat Howard had clawed onto was sleeker than the rest. It had been so intuitive that he had been able to simply turn it on and push further to the shore. Now, he was almost there. Just a hundred meters, just a few more yards, and he'd be there. Yet, as Howard peered through his mask, he groaned silently.

"Dammit!" He smashed his fist against the dashboard.

Someone was going to stop him from making it ashore. There was always someone. Who would it be this time? Another ranger? A civilian? A Gym Leader? Hopefully not the latter, he didn't want to play a game in which his defeat was destined from the start.

Notes: Masked Howard in a small speedboat.
Relatively close to the shore. Can be seen from the beach.
+10 (post)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:07:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Nautical support was a necessity. Too many boats were steering toward the island, and many waved a purple flag. If they allowed all of them to crash onto the shoreline, all hell would break loose.
[break][break]

So they had to curtail their efforts. Nip the bud at the head, as others put it.
[break][break]

But Penelope was hesitant. Water always held such a nasty rivalry to fire, and more than anything, she wanted to avoid extinguishing herself.
[break][break]

So she took the skies, flying hive above the glistening seas. Sturdy and well versed in aerial travel, her staraptor sliced through the air, followed by her iron moth, who took quick surveillance of their surroundings.
[break][break]

"10 METERS! WEST!"
[break][break]

The robotic screech pushed her forward toward the outlined ship.
[break][break]

"Iron Moth," the councilwoman wetted her lips, bringing moister to the cuts that bit into her, "Hyper Beam"
[break][break]

The Pokemon came to abrupt stop. Then, through bouts of whirling mechanical sounds, its wings pinched themselves forward, creating a hand in which energy was harnessed, compressed, then aimed.
[break][break]

Iron Moth let out another screech as a beam jutted out from its center, aimed straight for the ship's hull.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 8:06:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Penelope was lucky that Howard couldn't confirm it was her flying around. Otherwise, he'd definitely know who he was voting against next election cycle. He frowned as the Hyper Beam approached, uncomprehensive of the blast. "Oh, COME O-"

He jerked the wheel, hard. The boat swerved away from the blast, but not quickly enough. Howard had avoided being atomized, but his ship had certainly felt the burn. The heat from the Iron Moth's attack had melted the rudder and locked the wheel in place. The positive was that he was still heading towards the island. The negative was that he was heading towards the Iron Moth. Lucky him.

Howard crumbled and clawed at his belt. he had little that could actively deal with this threat. He had already fought his way through Suicunes and Head Rangers and now he was fighting a Smart Volcarona (name pending). Frankly, his options were running on empty. Atlas was his best choice, but it had sustained damage in several fights.

He just had to land on the island. He was so close.

"You're up!" Howard tossed a ball into the air, and a blue shadow appeared for a moment, before splashing into the water. Phione was a far cry from a Suicune, but a mediocre downgrade would have to do. The Legendary Pokémon splashed through the water, before releasing a Whirlpool that rose in an attempt to envelop the Iron Moth.

+20 (posts)
+25 (legendary pokemon)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 20:06:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth. The ship just barely missed annihilation, swerving all the way to her Iron Moth's face. If she'd just aimed a little higher...
[break][break]

Alas, there was no changing the past.
[break][break]

"Iron Moth, engage!"
[break][break]

The whirlpool was readying its jaws below, allowing two options: fight or flight. And, for once, she wanted to try out the former.
[break][break]

"Discharge!"
[break][break]

With a loud burst of electricity, crackles of energy spat out in every which direction, surging into the water below. But, as a result, it became vulnerable to the water already pouncing up from the brine. The iron moth let out a loud screeching beep before shooting back up, moving to reposition at the ship's rear.
[break][break]

"Give yourself up," The councilwoman called down from her staraptor, voice as fierce as the wind, "This path will lead you nowhere."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 1:25:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hon, with all due respect, this path leads somewhere, and that somewhere is straight ahead!" Howard snapped back as he attempted to give the rudder a final kick. When that failed, he ducked as arcs of electricity danced over his head. His helmet's voice scrambler reduced his breath to a loud buzz as the electricity danced by him. It wasn't like this could get any worse, anyway.

Oh, right. Phione. The electricity diffused through the water, frying everything in its path. Several Magikarps floated to the surface, cooked and blackened, but no Phione. A few moments later, Azure resurfaced, the water-type Pokémon arcing with electricity and clearly wounded. Nonetheless, it let out a Supersonic that pinged across the surface of the ocean, attempting to cause a malfunction within the Iron Moth.

"Besides, you're gonna kill me anyway! That last blast was not set to stun!"

BREWING: Mention water-types
+50 (thread start)
+30 (posts)
+25 (legendary pokemon)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 7:01:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You dodged, didn't you," she bit back.
[break][break]

The supersonic does more than disrupt the Iron Moth, it forced the staraptor to take a dive. Gripping onto the avian's back feathers, the councilwoman went for a low arc, evading the circular wave pattern, all while elevating onto a new position on the other side of the ship.
[break][break]

The IRON MOTH cut the opposite direction instead, forced into closer range with the waterline.
[break][break]

"Why even do this? Why allow yourself to be used?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @howard [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 20:16:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Got it! Next time I'm shot at, I won't dodge! How kind!" Howard shouted at her as he turned away from the controls. It wasn't like they mattered, anyway. He just had to keep inching closer and closer to the island. As long as he made it, the boat could sink.

The Phione splashed out of the water and made a rude gesture using its floatation-tail-thingy. Howard would have to ask what that thing was called, actually. He didn't know much about the water-type. "Simple, because my boys on that island need my help! I would never turn my back on all of my comrades. Besides..."

Everyone is used by something. It could be a person, a concept, or something else entirely. Everyone was a slave, including Howard. Howard waggled a finger towards Penelope, before slumping his head.

"Rent is coming up."

BREWING: Mention Water-types

+50 (thread start)
+40 (posts)
+25 (legendary pokemon)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:52:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Your boys don't care if you come back alive or dead, as long as you serve your purpose."
[break][break]
As if a secret message was lodged between her words, the iron moth began it's mechanical preparations, positioning itself right at the center of their chaos.
[break][break]
"Don't you think you deserve better than that?"
[break][break]
The question was posed with a hidden threat. Like bomb set to detonate, if he gave any inclination of refusal, consequences would rebuke his resolve.
[break][break]
"You have options outside of rocket."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 9:11:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Prospects?" Howard let out a static-fueled bark of a laugh. "I have none. I sold my everything to follow my dream, and if Team Rocket hadn't taken me in, I would've exchanged it for a job as a Pokemart clerk."

He recognized her now. Penelope Livy, councilwoman. He was fighting against a League representative that would've never noticed him. Only now that he wore a mask was his identity and position something of note.

He could not fight this woman and win. All he had to do was throw down his sword and he'd be fine. Yet he couldn't do that.

"I deserve nothing. When this war is over, my corpse will be another littering the beaches, stepped over by heroes. You will step over me. Your colleagues will step over me. Team Rocket will step over me."

The threat was noted, filed, and shelved away. Howard shrugged at it, though his resignation was as clear as the morning sun.

"Maybe you're right, but they'll never let me leave. I can't imagine doing so, while that Beast with the black crystals is running around. I'll open my door, and he'll be standing there as the last thing I see. I cannot accept that. I will not. He's not even here, and he haunts my nightmares."

The Phione lunged forward to reengage with another Whirlpool. The flicker of an eye can be seen from behind the helmet's visor, staring directly at Penelope. It vanished quickly after.

"Guess I've always been a coward."

+50 (thread start)
+50 (posts)
+25 (legendary pokemon)
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 9:53:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You deserve more than what you give yourself."
[Break][break]
Did he? Willingly joining an organization responsible for years of pain, Years of loss, and years of scars that'll never fully heal. And yet, the councilwoman offers him the bits of compassion he didn't seem to hold for himself.
[Break][break]
"I hope that changes."
[Break][break]
With one flick of the wrist, Penelope threw out an assistant to her iron moth: Altaria. Together, the two fliers worked in tandem, one interrupting the Whirlpool with another burst of electricity through discharge, and the other aiming down the ship with a second dose of hyper beam.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 6:04:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard watched as his boat stalled in the water. Returning his Phione to its Pokeball, Howard reached for his Claydol. The beach was so close. It was only a hundred meters away! And he was getting stopped here? By a councilwoman with nothing better to do?

Couldn't she go fight an Admin or something?

"Ah." Howard watched the Hyper Beam approach. He released his Claydol, which prepared to Teleport. "I do, too."

But it probably won't. If he couldn't convince himself to abandon the organization, then a stranger couldn't. Not a stranger in her position, with her power. It didn't matter who Penelope was. She couldn't understand the struggles of being a nameless rank and file within an organization that didn't care.

Or perhaps she could. Perhaps the Pokémon League was the same way, blindly doling out its justice. That was for her to decide.

"I wish you the best, Madame Councilwoman." Howard and his Claydol vanished as the boat exploded.

+50 (thread start)
+60 (posts)
+25 (legendary pokemon)
+300 (loss)
+100 (mission)
total: 535
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 22:50:15 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: