Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Casualty of War [Amor]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 21:08:19 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Aubre couldn’t understand war. What could be so important that killing others was worth it? Ideology? What stopped people from just talking to each other? Why did people struggle so much to just set aside differences?

This confusion was never on clearer display than tonight. A few days after Post-Dormitum, the small clinic struggled to come up for air. A parade of injured Pokemon—some wild and many veterans—threatened to drown the staff. Each injury was worse than the last. And, somehow, her heart never managed to reach the blissful numbness other people talked about.

Each failure stabbed her heart as deeply as the first. Being forced to decide which Pokemon deserved to be front of the line, hurt her soul in a way that was hard to describe. Because every patient taken back was just one more left out in the cold. Hoping to get ahead of the influx, Aubre decided to stay late. Her exhausted hands, raw from repeated washings, quickly made their way through new patient paperwork.

She paused only to call and tell her daughter tonight. “Good night, Mikky. I’m sorry I can’t be there tonight. Mommy loves you, okay? “ Her daughter made a noise somewhere between a huff and a sniffle. “I’ll be back soon.” The apology is somehow hollow in her throat. No matter how much she missed Mikky, she couldn’t leave patients here to die. Especially not for a conflict many of them wanted no part in. The doctors who saved her were probably exhausted. But they made it. Aubre needed to do the same.

Sweat flooded her. A familiar nightmare approached on fiery paws. But the Houndoom shifted between a dozen different Pokemon. All of them whispering words of blame. The patients she lost over the last couple of days. This chimeric, terrifying mass of powerlessness opened its mouth to expose teeth of fiery fangs. Heat tore into her flesh as she snapped into wakefulness. “NO!?” She awoke with a start. She couldn’t see the clock, but she knew it was after midnight.

She sat groggily up in her seat, the scars on her back screamed. A reminder of the power of good posture. Into the darkness, she spoke. “Hey, Al?” In the corner chair, Alastor blinked awake. “Heli?” His frill was wrinkled, much like the blanket on his lap. “Are you—?”That’s when she heard it. The noise that woke her up. A roar from the Gyarados in the Pokemon sanctuary out back.

Something’s wrong. Not bothering to pull on her lab coat or shoes, the doctor raced into the backyard. Her eyes widened as she saw chaos. Pokemon were free of their enclosures. And Chester, poor sweet, neglected Chester, was seconds away from smiting an intruder with a Hyper Beam.

A Phione flitted fearfully around his head.

“Excuse me, Sir.” The doctor frowned. She managed to keep the tremble out of her voice. “I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

Alastor, no longer sleepy, drew even with his trainer. Unlike Aubre, he didn’t believe in asking questions. This guy was definitely bad news. It wasn’t like tourists broke into clinics at 2 AM. And, he knew the redhead was aware of that too.

“The office is closed.”
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@amor
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,874 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Casualty of War [Amor]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:34:04 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The office was indeed closed, yet the man in the strange cybersuit didn't leave instead he stood still, and he frowned in the confines of his helm. The intel he had gotten had said that there was legendary pokemon here....Pokemon that he could use to further the goals of the organization he was in, and his own research....However when he got to this place he saw no evidence, or trace of such creatures. All he found was disappointment instead, and that bothered him. Searching through each of the enclosures he saw nothing that was truly ground breaking. The intel had stated that a Manaphy was here in this place....Instead he found a Phione. The grunt who gave him this intel was not going to have a good time the moment he got back to HQ.

The Gyrados was rearing up to attack, but a small voice came from the darkness, and halted the attack for now. Crossing his arms he tapped his elbows lightly as he looked upon the redhead.

"Yes I know it's closed....It's why I'm here...." Came the distorted robotic voice from the helmet. "I was told you possessed a Manaphy....But it would seem like the idiot can't tell the difference between a male, and female...." The voice just sounded very done with this. In a flash a Gallade, and Golurk appeared in front of the man. Threateningly as the man turned his attention back to the woman, and all the pokemon nearby.

"Listen....I'm not the biggest fan of leaving a mess, so if you stand down, I won't break anything, or anyone....However if you don't. There will be no saving any of them from me." That was the truth, and he truly hoped that at least the Pokemon under her care would heed his words. However he was a stranger, and now that she was here, he doubted that they would. So he was already prepared for a fight. Of course he had just been hoping to Teleport out of here before anyone was made aware of his presence, but there were ways around this.

Though first he would have to subdue her, and her pets....

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Casualty of War [Amor]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 1:28:50 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
I was afraid he’d say that.. Just like that, any idea of eccentricity or sleepwalking goes out the window. Not to say there had been a high possibility of either to begin with, but the pacifist in her could dream. Heck, even if he’d lied she might have let him go. “I kind of figured it would be, but I didn't want to assume.” [break][break]She shrugged—a tiny, defeated little gesture. On a normal night, she would not be here. The man would have waltzed in and out with only Chester the wiser. Some part of her wanted to go back inside. To pretend this dream was just another pearl in a necklace of nightmares.
[break][break]

The talk of male and female took her back to a sensitivity course. “In all fairness, most Pokemon aren't dimorphic.”
[break][break]

But, Aubre couldn’t do it. These Pokemon depended on her. Or, well, the clinic really. And to just let someone waltz in to steal them—even if he changed his mind—was a terrible idea. “I do not think that makes what you’re doing any better.” The Phione peered at the man from behind the Gyarados’s left fin. “These Pokemon are people, not trinkets to be bartered and sold for your stupid war.” At the talk of its parent, the creature’s arms folded tightly across its chest. Water began to gather in its hands.
[break][break]

The man invited her to part amicably. Those words were like a siren’s song to the coward she professed to be (but rarely was). Just let him go. You can just walk away. No one has to know. No one needs to get hurt. Tiny hands curled into uncertain fists. Her jaw set stubbornly. “So you can finish the job another day? When there is something you want resting in the spring?” She shook her head. At her side, Alastor lit up like a Christmas tree, sparks arcing around his disc.[break][break]

This asshole didn’t get to threaten his sister like that. A few scribbles on his notepad punctuate the tense silence. With a narrowing of blue eyes, the lizard turns it around: ‘Go fuck yourself, asshole.’

Aubre, however, makes no move to attack. She is a pacifist at her core. A doctor promises to do no harm, after all. And even the worst criminals have something of worth inside of them. She believes that. No, she has to believe that. [break][break]

She tries to force courage into her next words. To make them convincing enough to pause the man’s hand. “You set off the alarm.” What a terrible liar she was. The inability to meet his eyes. The shifting of her feet. “I already called the police.”

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:430px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/00/65/VeRMrIij_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 490px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 400px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights