awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
Smog | Makoto and Howard [RT]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 23:00:42 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
While whether or not either of them would manage was in the air, Howard's response was certainly more honest than Makoto's own. They almost didn't want to take off their own mask - unsure of what sort of face they'd be making underneath... But they would remove it soon after Howard removed his own, setting it on Haguru's platform next to the Iron Bundle for the time being.

Which, for the time being, the Iron Bundle would provide the perfect subject change. Even if the reminder of Amor having introduced them as his protégé was cause for the slightest fluster. "I... Honestly don't know if I'm much of a prospective protégé, compared to you or Temp." They confessed - attempting to chuckle for a bit of brevity. "But given things like that robot suit of his... Getting to tinker with these more robotic paradoxes would probably be up his alley." They agreed with a nod, looking to the Iron Bundle proper now.

Which - at a glance - it really did just look like a robotic Delibird. The only real oddity was the strange apparatus connected to it, and maybe the spring its head connected to - no hidden chainsaws or other such weapons that they could see, no lasers... "... Have you run into any other robotic paradoxes, like this one?" Makoto questioned, glancing to Howard.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 6:48:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A few times. Mechanized Paradox Pokémon are all quite distinct, barring Sandy Shocks. It's a study of research I'm interested in. What makes these specific Paradox Pokémon appear?" Howard scratched his chin as he looked at the Iron Bundle with a frown. He hadn't seen one of these in person, though. He simply had knowledge from a list he had looked over with .

"There's this one called Iron Thorn that I suspect is based on a movie series called Big Monster: The Titanic Tyranitar. Have you seen it? Good film."

The mist was still spreading out from the Interdream Zone that Howard and Makoto left. Howard exhaled as he reached for his belt and threw out a Stakataka. The assembled blocks quickly morphed and fused into a wall, blocking off the mist for good.

"Don't say that about yourself. Ever." Howard turned to Makoto with a hand on his hip. "Amor saw something in you. That places you on our level. Temp seems intimidating until you get him going on Forretress reproduction, and I lost a fight with a television set recently." Howard's eye softened. "We're academics, so Amor chose us. You were chosen in spite of that. I think. I don't know a lot about you, so I'm just stumbling forward and hoping I don't trip into a landmine. Is that weird?"

+50 (start)
+80 (posts)
+10 (paradox spawn)
+25 (UB)

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 21:49:04 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto listened along to Howard's thoughts - quietly nodding as they did. The Iron Bundle, paired with Howard's hypothesis regarding an Iron Thorn - whatever it was... It made them think back to a certain otome, from a number of months ago.

"... You might be on to something," They finally spoke up - glancing back to him. "This... Isn't the first time I've seen one of those before," They indicated the Iron Bundle, "And... At the time, someone had suggested that these creatures are based on our own thoughts. Our imaginations." Someone's imagination being influenced by a movie series they love wouldn't be too out there - but it made them wonder what sort of quality was necessary (aside from the mist and tera crystals,) for one's imagination to make something become as real as these Paradox Pokemon are.

Makoto was caught off-guard though, when Howard pushed back - insisting that there must've been something in them that caught Amor's eye. Surprise and uncertainty crossed over their expression, until they averted their gaze - cheeks flushed under some of the inherent praise, briefly fidgeting. "I... N-no, it's - It's not weird." They spoke, shaking their head. "I suppose I just... Am not used, to this sort of thing." To being seen as something other than a no-good nobody.

They were just some shapeshifter - with nothing much of worth underneath that figurative mask. Yet, others kept seeing something in them...
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 9:07:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't worry, you get used to the compliments. Then people praise you too much, and it gets really tiring. You start to wish they'd insult you, instead." Howard said as he leaned against his Stakataka, face pale. "I am very glad to work alongside you in Nebula, even if it means keeps stealing food my lunch. Bastard."

Despite the complaint at his colleague stealing his sandwiches, the archaeologist was outwardly lighthearted. Howard focused on talking. It was better than thinking about the boy on the other side of the wall. The boy who still could've been.

The eye he could still have.

"Imaginations are the forefront of human consciousness. The 'collective unconscious' that people love to babble about. I've worked on their bodies, these are beings that shouldn't even be functioning on a biological level. It's a mockery, and they're abominations."

Howard was silent for a moment, gaze thoughtful as he let out a wry smile at Makoto's embarrassment. They were distinct amongst Nebula's members, that was sure. Yet Howard was confident that their value would be astronomical. There was a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.

What, then, was his own?

"C'mon, I'll tell you about this crystal skeleton I discovered a few months back. It'll—"

A shadow loomed over the two as Atlas stared down at them, covered in the gore of Scream Tails and other Paradox Pokemon. Howard stared at it, before snapping his fingers. "Right. New orders: ■■■■■■■■■■ " Howard said something in a language that nobody spoke anymore. The Golurk nodded, and Howard returned it to its ball.

+50 (start)
+90 (posts)
+10 (paradox spawn)
+25 (UB)

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 22:01:58 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
They doubted they'd ever find themself wishing for insults. They'd dealt with enough passive-aggressive, snide, or even outright derogatory remarks directed at them in their past to last the rest of their life. But as Howard speaks, they... Can't help but find themself smiling a little, as they glance to him. "I'm... Glad to work with you all, too." They agree with a little nod - a certain shy warmth in it all. "It's the first time I've ever really gotten to... Work with others, in a more long-term sense."

It was interesting, the way their life had evolved since.

The mention of the inner workings of these pokemon, though, was curious. "Wouldn't it be something akin to a Magnemite or Voltorb?" They questioned - glancing back to the Iron Bundle once more. It wasn't as though all pokemon were flesh and bone, after all.

Or was Howard saying that all Paradox Pokemon in general had unusual anatomy?

In any case, it was time for the two of them to go - and Makoto was ready to follow after the archaeologist. (Making a distinct point to not eyeball Atlas too much, having a distinct idea of what they'd see if they looked in the Golurk's direction.)

Once Atlas was returned though, Makoto would glance to Howard again - asking "You wanted to tell me about a crystal skeleton?" It sounded interesting, honestly...
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 8:55:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Maybe, maybe..." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. He couldn't tell the difference between a Voltorb, an Iron Bundle, and a microwave. All of that technology was identical to him. Maybe Amor or one of Team Rocket's engineers could answer Makoto's questions.

Now where was he? Howard had been thinking about microwaves for so long that he had completely lost track of the situation. Blast technology for being so complicated!

"Ah, of course!" Howard snapped his fingers in remembrance. "The crystal skeleton, yes! Thank you for reminding me, Makoto!" Howard seemed so excited to discuss his passion projects. His eyes brightened and his tone became more energetic as he began to explain it to Makoto. "I excavated it from this Almian temple a few months ago! It was carved from a crystal bigger than both of us combined."

He fished into his pocket and showed them a photo of a crystal clear skeleton. An Aerodactyl was sleeping in the background of the image, which seemed to be taken from the inside of a very clamped closet.

"It's in my apartment. I can show you if you want, assuming we don't all die."

+50 (start)
+100 (posts)
+10 (paradox spawn)
+25 (UB)

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 2:52:11 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
An Almian temple... That must've been one hell of a trip - and on top of such, the skeleton itself certainly sounded impressive just from the description offered alone. It was clear to see that Howard had Makoto's full attention and curiosity...

... And their eyes would light up in awe as they saw the skeleton proper - the Aerodactyl, who was presumably Shirley, helping provide a sense of scale. Indeed, the whole thing seemed to be one solid sculpture - implying that quite the large crystal was used for this, much like what Howard said. "I'm surprised it's still in one piece..." They mused softly. There were a lot of spots where it seemed like it'd break awfully easy...

But with that, was an invitation - to actually see the skeleton in person, once this was all over. But, the grim way that Howard put it would get an awkward reaction from Makoto - their expression quickly falling into discomfort - and it'd take a second for them to respond. "I... I'd hope that we make it out okay," They spoke softly, gazing off towards the rest of the island.

There was plenty of danger afoot, for sure... But they'd been fine thus far, right?
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:10:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Agreed. Brycen-Man 3 is playing on cable later. I was hoping to catch it, and dying will really mess up my plans." Howard checked the sun in the sky, before sighing. "Sorry, I'm not making things better."

Talking with Makoto was a strange sensation. With Amor and Temp, Howard could simply discuss academics with them. Makoto, he knew nothing about them. Instead, he was forced to stumble blindly, just as the two Team Rocket members stumbled through the warzone, hoping to not get blasted by stray attacks.

A battlefield wasn't a good place to geek out.

"Tsk." Howard frowned and looked ahead. His eye was itching again. This always happened when he was stressed, or the air pressure changed, or anything, really. He clapped his hands and reached for a Pokeball. A Claydol appeared before them.

"Let's use this to teleport out of here. I forgot I could do that. Sorry, Makoto. We can skip most of the walk back."

+50 (start)
+110 (posts)
+10 (paradox spawn)
+25 (UB)
+250 (win)
+100 (mission complete)
total: 545

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 5:35:18 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
With the Claydol's appearance, Makoto blinked a bit - the realization that this whole time, they could've just... Teleported out of trouble. While a hint of irritation did rise up from the back of their head at the revelation - at the thought that they could've avoided the smog, or at least half of this walking - they would just let out a notable sigh and visibly deflate. Any prior tension they had or might've had visibly leaked from their posture.

And with the suggestion that came with, Makoto nodded. "That'd be a good idea," They agreed easily - gently placing a hand on one of the Claydol's arms in preparation for the teleport. Haguru, too, would float closer. "Ready."

The both of them could give their pokemon some check-ups and a quick patching up where necessary, once they got back to camp - and they could drop off the Iron Bundle for Amor proper. Hopefully, it'd make for a good tinkering project for him...
MP Tally:
- Participation (50 MP)
- Completion (100 MP)
- Draw (250 MP)
- x12 Posts (120 MP)
- Include Mist/Paradox (10 MP)
- KO'd Enemy (10 MP)
Total: 540

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 6:37:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: