pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
don't get in trouble (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 20:02:50 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Davey Jones is fit and ready for battle.[break][break]

Tempest actually didn't know all that much about this Gym. Just that it was psychic type. No idea who the leader was or how strong they were... honestly, that was mostly Temp's own fault for not looking into the Gym more.[break][break]

But he figured it would be a chance to assess the Leader and see if they would be a problem for Rocket down the line. Or so he told himself. The truth of it was, Tempest was kind of just having fun fighting what Gym Leaders he could.[break][break]

After checking in at the front, he peeked around the library as he waited. When was ready for him, Tempest was focusing hard on a book about pirates.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 GYM TIME

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 22:51:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Davey Jones wouldn't have to wait much longer. Hideo got the room preparations all set, and now it was just a matter of starting the battle. His Pokemon kept an eye on the challenger, to make it easier to guide Hideo over to him. They also let him know what the man was reading - a book about pirates.

It gave him the perfect idea of what to use as a background for their battle. But first, introductions.

"Glad you could make it, Mr. Jones," Hideo said, approaching the man. "Hope you found our pirate section satisfying! I can assure you, I got something perfect in store for you over in the arena."

The Pokemon that'd been watching Temp dispersed, save for one - a Beheeyem, who took a place by Hideo's side.

"If you'd follow me, I can show you what we got!" Hideo would turn, beckoning the man to follow.

It wouldn't be a quiet walk, though.

"So what's got you interested in trying out my Gym, Mr. Jones? Other than the nautical works we got here."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 16:58:39 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A kid?[break][break]

Well, that was... Well, it was surprising. Tempest knew better than to look down on someone just because of their age. With how hard they had been pushing for subversive military training at his own Gym, he was more surprised the League had allowed this. It seemed like a PR nightmare if something happened to the kid.[break][break]

There was no need to be rude and ignore him, though.[break][break]

"You have a good selection! Had to check out what my mom named me after." The joke is cracked between them, a small hum of a laugh escaping his chest.[break][break]

"I've lived in Hoenn all my life and never taken a proper crack at them. I guess I just wanted to see if I could hold out. I don't plan trying to become Champion or anything. Tempest glanced at the psychic type, then at .[break][break]

"What about you? What made you want to become a Leader? Seems like a bad climate for it."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 GYM TIME

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:03:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded, chuckling. "It's a pretty distinct name! Though I guess that does make it easier to read up on its origins." He did question if the name was real at first, but the guy had all the proper documentation, so it was just a case of an interesting name to him.

Hideo quietly as "Davey" gave his answer, walking over towards the battle room entrance. He didn't speak until a question was put in his hands.

"If anything, that's kinda why I became a Gym Leader - because times were tough, and I wanted to help people that need it. And with all the weird stuff going on in Hoenn and how often it happens, I dunno if I'd ever get a chance if I waited for things to get quiet!"

It really had been surprising how much was going on in Hoenn, most of which he didn't know when he was cooped up at home.

Soon, they reached the doors, Hideo's Pokemon opening it for the two. Inside was a fairly featureless room, with a number of people sitting on the bleachers on each side. A number of psychic Pokemon were at each end of the arena, and on the opposing end of the arena, stood just one of Hideo's Pokemon: a Galarian Slowbro, the large Pokemon lazily waving at its trainer's arrival.

"Once you got your team ready, I can set things up!" Hideo broke away from "Davey", making his way to his team, the Beheeyem that'd been at his side breaking away to join the Psychic Pokemon along the edges.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:23:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Yeah..." There was a long sigh. "Hoenn's been crazy town for a few years now. It seems like it'll never get better, sometimes." That was a pretty dark take, but Tempest was quick to perk up. A soft laugh, and before could get too out of reach Temp could't resist trying to ruffle the kid's hair.[break][break]

"But with kid's like you being brave enough to lead the charge, it doesn't make me feel as bad. The future is in good hands."[break][break]

It's earnest. While some people saying something like that might sound condescending, Tempest means it with his whole chest.[break][break]

Too soon they're ready for the match to start, though.[break][break]

A pokeball is tossed out. Trigger shakes herself when she's released, the great clanging of her scales echoing in the room. The Kommo-o growls and chirps at her trainer, then at the Slowbro and Hideo as she sniffs. A bit of direction and she stomps out onto the field.[break][break]

"All good on my end!"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 GYM TIME

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:54:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn't resist blushing from the compliment and the hair ruffle; he'd been getting more doubters lately, so someone genuinely complimenting him brought a warmth to his heart.

But he wasn't here just to feel good; he had a challenger to test. And his challenger indicated he was ready.

Hideo raised a hand with a flourish. "Now that we got our Pokemon ready, let's set up the stage!" A Psychic Terrain was spread by the Psychic Pokemon on the outer edges of the arena, the environment quickly transforming into something completely different.

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Pirates we be
[attr="class","monody"]
Yar Har
The building around them disappeared, the bleachers and the audience disappearing as well. It would be as if the building they were in had never existed, or was one of many within the watery depths they now found themselves within. It looked as if they were within a flooded city, with several vehicles floating off in the distance.

They now stood upon a sunken ship, ravaged by time and the waters. While it looked like they were on old, worn wood, the ground below them felt no different than the arena they'd been standing on moments ago. Even the holes in the hull were completely solid; the illusion was purely cosmetic.

Even the water around them was false, as easy to move and breathe in as air, with no wet sensations. The water would react to their movements, swishing around as they moved and air bubbles floating as they'd speak - just as Hideo was about to show.

"Now then," Hideo said, the air bubbles he let out pushed away as he brought his hand down, an open hand extended towards Davy Jones. "The challenger has the right to the first move. Choose carefully, lest ye walk the plank in shame!"

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/TbIYXbU.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 0:53:47 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]
The scene changes before Tempest's very eyes.[break][break]

Underwater, only not. It doesn't have the same weight and pressure, his hair not flying around his head. The smell of salt and brine don't fill his nose. But, still, impressive. He tilts his head back and barks out loud laugh, surprised as he is delighted by this show.[break][break]

"Oh, this is cool." Breathed out, loud enough for to hear.[break][break]

Tempest admires the scenery for a few moments longer, fond. Trigger does the same, sticking a foot out to curiously test one of the solid 'holes' lining the wooden floor. A long claw reach out to pop a bubble, the dragon squawking when it does burst, only without the resulting splash in her eyes.[break][break]

But, they weren't here for that. Much like Hideo had expressed, they were here for a fight.[break][break]

"Well, Captain Kino, guess we'll get started. Trigger!" The Dragon type shook herself out and let out a battle shriek.[break][break]

"Belly Drum!"[break][break]

Trigger responded by slapping her own stomach loudly- it left a mark, that hard, but she also flexed and took point. Ready to charge into battle.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Belly Drum! Trigger cuts her own HP to max out her Attack potential!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 18:06:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1132769668550107246/Under_Bridge_I_Quiet.mp3?ex=653ebef6&is=652c49f6&hm=718bb4cdd4ed0be0d598421c0fd80a1b58f5caf2b68a446f2204602c417628c7&[/player]
Lost In The Waves I

[attr="class","monody"]
Yar Har
"I know, right?!" Even if he himself couldn't fully enjoy his illusions, he'd heard more than enough from challengers about how thorough they were. He could at least get a secondhand description from his Pokemon, who assured him the illusion was perfectly fine.

As the challenger would find, that hole was completely solid - there was no risk of falling in. And while the Kommo-o was able to poke the bubble and pop it, there would be no sensation from it beyond what was seen, for the illusion was purely visual.

But it was a thorough visual illusion; small pressure waves emanated through the water with each hit of that Belly Drum, even as the sound itself outpaced the ripples.

"Now let's make the illusion a bit more convincing. Make it rain!"

The Slowbro lazily waved its arms from side to side, its hips swaying ever-so-slightly. The effects of the low-energy Rain Dance would soon become apparent as the fake water around them began to swirl, the bubbles each challenger let out pushed in a single direction, as if an underwater current was forming.

They'd even feel a bit of it, though it'd be no more than just the pitter-patter of rain.

G!Slowbro used Rain Dance

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/TbIYXbU.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 18:32:40 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Ah, the set up." Tempest mused aloud. The watched as the Slowbro lazily danced, the pattering of rain starting up inside the building. Unlike the illusion, this actually left his skin wet and hair damp as it fell onto his skin.[break][break]

"You know, it's really silly, but I normally use Water type pokemon. Do you think I'm leaning into the 'name' thing a bit much with that?" A small huff of a laugh.[break][break]

Trigger didn't seem particularly bothered by the rain, at least. She charged forward instead, heavy feet stomping on the ground as scales clanging. Her powered up claws formed into fists, which she tried to slug at the Slowbro when she was close enough.[break][break]

A Drain Punch, less effective than normal, but would still help her leech away some health if it landed.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Trigger used Drain Punch!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 23:43:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Yar Har
The challenger's laugh was joined by Hideo's. "Maybe a little bit," he answered, "but there's nothing wrong with that! A lotta people get interested in the kind of stuff they grow up around…or are named after!"

Made sense that someone interested in pirates would also be interested in water Pokemon.

The Slowbro braced itself for the Kommo-o's attack, too slow to avoid it. That Drain Punch hit hard despite not being very effective, knocking the Slowbro to the ground.

While the Slowbro was down, it wasn't out yet; the false current around them accelerated quickly, flowing towards the Slowbro until it carried the Pokemon up, a large underwater wave forming - and moving to envelop and push back the Kommo-o as the Slowbro Surfed atop it.

Though the Slowbro was surfing belly-first, making no effort to stand up yet.

G!Slowbro used hit by Drain Punch
G!Slowbro used Surf

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 2:43:15 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The hit landed, which was good, but the Slowbro was quick to retaliate. Even if she was all fired up, the boosted up Surf from the Slowbro did take some of the wind out of Trigger's sails. Watching the once-harmless water shapeshift into a real wave was as startling for her as it was amusing for Tempest.[break][break]

The Kommo-o braced herself, lifting her arms up to try and block her face, but she ultimately ended up being pushed back and washed out. She only didn't fall over because of the claws on her feet; having curled her toes to brace and scrape the ground for more purchase from the attack.[break][break]

It stung, what with all the rain, but she did best to shake it off.[break][break]

Turning on the Slowbro, she tried to slam her tail into him with a Dragon Tail, hoping to knock some sense into the other pokemon from the force of it.[break][break]

Tempest hummed and watched the battle, pleased with his pokemon; he wasn't having to direct her too much. His training was paying off with her.[break][break] A glance back over to , watching the Gym Leader's pokemon as well.[break][break]

"Well... that does make me feel a little better." Another small chuckle. "Your Slowbro is really tough! I can tell from the thickness and sheen of his canon that you feed him a really good diet for his species. If he was in the wild, he would be getting all the ladies."[break][break]

Another grin; Tempest was unable to keep the biology he was obsessed with to himself for long.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Trigger used Dragon Tail!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 19:35:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Yar Har
Only after the Surf was completed, did the Slowbro make an effort to stand back up. It always did go on its Own Tempo, after all, no matter how strange and confusing it may be. It stood up in time to see the Kommo-o's claws scrape against the ground, tiny chunks of wood flying off as the gashes were made.

The Slowbro would make good use of its shell cannon very soon; as the Dragon Tail came swinging at it, it moved to Withdraw the shell up, using it as a shield. The tail struck the shell first, yet the force of the attack was still great, pushing the Slowbro back.

The Slowbro was not one to show pain as readily as other Pokemon, even as the arm within the shell was throbbing in pain.

"I make sure all my Pokemon get good care! And that means good feeding, good grooming - and good training!" He did the best he could, and his efforts did seem to pay off - even if he sometimes needed his other Pokemons' help to keep track of them all.

The Slowbro blushed at the mention of being a ladies magnet; even if it was focused on its opponent, it was still listening.

"And it sounds like you're training your Pokemon to know what to do without explicit orders. Kinda like what I do~"

The Slowbro lifted its throbbing arm, pointing the shell at the Kommo-o; the Shell Side Arm fired, a gush of poison going straight for the target.

G!Slowbro used Withdraw
G!Slowbro hit by Dragon Tail
G!Slowbro used Shell Side Arm

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 2:20:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Poison blasted into Trigger's face. She squawked, a rough and low growl of a sound, shaking her head and rubbing her arms over her face to help clear the stinging poison from her eyes and nose.[break][break]

"I am! I've worked for a long time with Trigger, ever since she was just a Jangmo-o! I've actually been training where I can ride on her back! I even got a custom saddle for her." Tempest was proud of his work with Trigger. The dragon type also seemed to puff up her chest as she finally snorted out the poison from her nose.[break][break]

Her eyes narrowed on the Galarian Slowbro, feeling more pumped up from the praise.[break][break]

Rushing forward, her fist sparked with electricity as she went in for a Thunder Punch.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Trigger used Dragon Tail!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 18:42:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1132769668902432788/Under_Bridge_II_Quiet.mp3?ex=655a6e76&is=6547f976&hm=6559aa112b9c3bdf2d786e36137a9777e876eb284a1c908047b068607adb4f3b&[/player]
Lost In The Waves II

[attr="class","monody"]
Yar Har
Hideo's Slowbro was a tough Pokemon - it helped make up for its lacking speed - but there was only so much it could weather from the overwhelming strength of its opponent. The Thunder Punch landed a direct strike on it, and it was wobbling as it tried its best to stay standing.

But stand it still did, even if only barely.

"Oh, that's cool!" Hideo said. "Probably one of the louder Pokemon you could ride, with all those metal scales jangling around, but a tough one too! Closest I've gotten to that is getting carried by my Aggron, and I don't think any specialized saddle'd make him a comfortable ride~"

The Slowbro went in for one more attack, one more act of defiance as it went in head-first, aiming to strike with a Zen Headbutt, its head enveloped in a glowing purple energy.

G!Slowbro hit by Thunder Punch
G!Slowbro used Zen Headbutt

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 19:33:43 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The Zen Headbutt slammed into Trigger. She had been putting up a good act so far, but that was enough to finally break some of her resolve. The dragon type started to pant, the ache of the previous attacks really wearing her down. Her body sagged. Much like the Galarian Slowbro, she was really feeling this battle.[break][break]

"She is pretty loud! But I like the noise of her scales, so I don't mind. I've never been carried by a pokemon before..." Tempest hummed, tilting his head; he tended to take things very literally at times. It was the autism. "I heard in Alola they have whole Taxi services where Machamp carry you bridal style. I think that would be weird. I'd rather walk." He wrinkled his nose some at the thought. The only person he wanted to carry him like that was his husband.[break][break]

Shaking herself out, scales clanging loudly as she did so, Trigger shot forward with her fist raised. She was fast. Instead of electricity, another siphoning Drain Punch to try and leech away a little more strength to finish this.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Trigger used Drain Punch!