Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SKY: BARNABY & ISAAC [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:56:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

Pokémon after Pokémon fell from the skies, raining down on the newly-formed island like angels from on high. Disgraced and clawed asunder to the crystalline underworld.[break][break]

's ALAKAZAM was adept at this sort of covert intervention — using its PSYCHIC powers to immobilize wings, DISABLE flight, or even HYPNOTIZE those that strayed too close.[break][break]

They sheltered in the rocks nearest the jutting mountain, their forms obscured by stone and lichen.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 160 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for survey mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP for interdream mist/paradox pokemon

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit2"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 0:28:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was raining 'mons. Hallelujah.[break][break]

Was something shooting them out of the air? No, no. It was the strangest thing. They looked pristine as they fell, at least until they made an all too painful landfall. Stranger still, they were struggling as they fell, as if their ability to fly had suddenly been stolen from them. Was it heightened gravity around the area? The sands suggested otherwise, the dunes formed by each successive impact remaining undisturbed instead of smoothing out.[break][break]

Another fallen Pokemon; wings pinioned to its side, body free of injuries and thrashing wildly, barely able to process what was going on before hitting the ground with a sickening splat. Isaac shuddered as he realized just how clinically he had processed the disgusting sight. A part of him wanted to intervene, but he knew it had already been far too late.[break][break]

No, now was not the time for aftercare. Now was the time to be proactive. If Isaac was going to get to the bottom of this, he'd find out what was going on himself.[break][break]

He cracked two Pokeballs open, a Hydreigon and a Vikavolt emerging behind him. "Des, you're up. Fly up there and join the scouts. If anything tries to mess with you, kick its ass, okay?" Isaac said to the Hydreigon. "L-B, if anything gives Des trouble, I'll whistle. Pop out from the sands and catch him for me, okay?"[break][break]

The two nodded in the face of their marching orders. Lord British dove beneath the sands as Desghidorah took to the skies. All the while, Isaac cautiously watched his ascent. It wouldn't be long before he crossed the border into the world's most morbid splash zone. It was time to find out just what manner of trickery was afoot.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:02:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Efficiency bred perfection. Their routine had been successful up until this point — therefore, there was no need to stop now. So, when a HYDREIGON flew within the perimeter of their attack zone, ALAKAZAM commenced its PSYCHIC hold as it'd done to the other dozens of Pokémon.[break][break]

All the while, was on reconnaissance duty, making sure nothing escaped his notice. The eyepieces of a pair of binoculars were pressed against the holes of his mask. Everything seemed ordinary until a shape in the distance began to take form.[break][break]

Barnaby stilled, cranking the dial at the side of his binoculars to zoom in closer.[break][break]

Then, a chilling bark of a laugh escaped the ROCKET admin.[break][break]

", you fucking traitor." He muttered before releasing his SHADOW STEELIX to the dunes below.[break][break]

Immediately, the gigantic, crystalline serpent used MAGNET RISE to easily glide over sand and rock, in hot pursuit toward the ROCKET defector.

[break][break]

[break]
MAGNET RISE [1/5]
[break]

TOTAL: 170 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for sky mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:29:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Psychic power. Of course. There were a few bets Isaac could have made, but it seemed Occam's Razor had paid off in his favor. A malicious aura flickered around Desghidorah's wings as they slipped through the hold, their dark typing leaving them unaffected by such tactics.[break][break]

That didn't mean they were in the clear. If the direct approach didn't work, a multitude of other techniques could end up causing them trouble. They'd need to act fast if they were to make it out in one piece.[break][break]

Desghidorah's main head turned in the direction he felt the pull from. As his subordinate heads swept the area for potential change-ups, he willed the earth below to detonate. Would the surge of erupting Earth Power find its target? It could only hope. Every second they spent dealing with a mystery was a second they spent at serious risk.[break][break]

If only Isaac was so lucky. Instead of a mystery, what he was dealing with couldn't have been less subtle if it tried. A towering Steelix barreled towards him from across the dunes, its magnetized body allowing it to crest over the sands. Its body was wreathed in dark crystal, stained an all too familiar shade of deep navy.[break][break]

For a moment, Isaac could have sworn it was Lugia hurtling towards him.[break][break]

His own Pokeball cracked open without a shred of hesitation. The Colonel came bursting out of his Pokeball, settling into a tight and focused fighting stance. The Steelix may have dwarfed him, and it may have had the high ground, but that didn't mean he was helpless in this duel.[break][break]

After all, it wasn't the only one who could fly.[break][break]

The Colonel's fist ignited in a blaze. As soon as he was cast in the great serpent's shadow, he sailed into the sky with surprising speed. Blaziken were already famed for their powerful jumps, but The Colonel's Sky Uppercut put even those techniques to shame.[break][break]

As the fight rolled on, Isaac kept an ear to the winds. A peal of echoed laughter, heavy with malice, drifted across the dunes. Where it was from, Isaac couldn't quite say. That wouldn't stop him from trying to find out. "I'd ask you to 'show yourself,' but Arceus knows that never works," he admitted, the winds carrying his voice outwards. "Are we doing this the easy way, or the hard way?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 1:00:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The EARTH POWER would indeed find its target, just after 's voice carried across the dunes.[break][break]

Before Barnaby could be harmed, he released his ARCANINE to TELEPORT away from the crumbling cliff face, leaving the ALAKAZAM to scramble out of the way as best it could. Unfortunately for it, however, the Psi Pokémon was knocked out by an errant boulder to the head.[break][break]

With his STEELIX acting as a giant 'Isaac's over here, come get him!!' sign post, rematerialized near where the ROCKET defector stood. He wasted no time in brandishing his combat knife and surging forward, intent to kill.[break][break]

"The hard way." There was no other way. had been such a giant pain in his ass, creating an even bigger pain in the ass in , that Barnaby saw no avenue for compromise. [break][break]

ARCANINE braced itself close by, fur bristled, as it surveyed the area for enemy Pokémon to counter while the two men fought.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Quartz was staunchly engaged in battle against Isaac's BLAZIKEN; it took the hit from the bird's SKY UPPERCUT, reeling back from the pain of it, before slamming into the ground to release its own EARTH POWER.

[break][break]

[break]
MAGNET RISE [2/5]
[break]

TOTAL: 230 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for getting your pokemon knocked out[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 3:02:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You!"[break][break]

Rage like he'd never felt before pounded through Isaac's veins. That familiar voice. The mask that had been burned into his memory. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he was dealing with the monster that had broken .[break][break]

Let him come. Isaac had been waiting for this day.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the mysterious masked man had a knife and Isaac didn't. For all his bluster, he was forced to fall back, arms raised in case the masked man was faster than he'd thought. His feet fell in a strange, arrhythmical pattern. Two quick steps. Two staggered steps. Two quick steps.[break][break]

At this cue, a pair of gnashing Vikavolt jaws burst from the sand. They wouldn't be in range to gnash into Isaac's assailant, but that wasn't their intent. Instead, Lord British launched its String Shot, aiming to bind the masked man's knife arm before he could start swinging.[break][break]

The Vikavolt didn't seem to notice the Arcanine that lurked concerningly close, but he was far from Isaac's only Pokemon. Desghidorah, ever vigilant for psychic activity, had turned its attention towards the Arcanine as soon as it teleported by Isaac. A three pronged Charge Beam would rain down from the sky, demanding the canid Pokemon's attention.[break][break]

Isaac's assault unfolded from the sky and the underground, but how did his battle on the land fare? It could have been going better. The Steelix smashed itself into the ground, leaving The Colonel helpless to avoid the Earth Power surging from below. He tried to shield himself with his arms, but when the golden quake passed he had fallen to a knee. He tried to shudder to his feet, but winced before he could.[break][break]

With both trainer and Pokemon backed into a corner, their wrists began to glow.[break][break]

The light of evolution engulfed the Blaziken. His hair erupted on all sides, forming into an almost X-shaped crest. Ribbons of flame streamed out from his wrists. Before the light even parted, the Blaziken surged forward with boosted speed, hellbent on stopping the Steelix from excavating itself. Flames wreathed around his leg as he lifted it high, then dropped it in a vicious Blaze Kick to the top of the head. As the flames dispersed, his yellow feathers burned crimson and his legs charred black.[break][break]

The light of evolution faded, and The Colonel ascended to a Mega Blaziken. While still hurting like hell, his speed had drastically boosted and his flames had never burned brighter. Maybe that would be enough.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Isaac is furious, but he also doesn't have a knife, so he backs away to avoid getting skewered.[break]
Lord British the Vikavolt comes in for the assist, launching String Shot to try and snare Bee's knife arm.[break]
Desghidorah peppers Arcanine with a Charge Beam from above.[break]
The Colonel mega evolves into Mega Blaziken. He's hurting awful, but tries to land a powerful Blaze Kick on Quartz.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 2:33:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

's look of recognition only spurred on further. [break][break]

"You've much to pay for, Merlo." [break][break]

The least of which was treason. No, the irksome pipsqueak was wholly guilty for spiriting away Barnaby's most recent plaything, . The admin hadn't finished his fun before the two miraculously escaped from ROCKET custody. [break][break]

Isaac deserved the comeuppance Barnaby was about to give him.[break][break]

Readying the knife for another charge, in his peripheral vision he saw a flash of blue that made him jerk to a stop. Unable to completely dodge the STRING SHOT, sticky thread quickly coated Barnaby's knife, enough to make it useless. He let the weapon fall to the earth with an anticlimactic thud.[break][break]

This wouldn't do. Three versus two didn't exactly favor , did it?[break][break]

"Take care of it." He ordered the FLORGES that appeared on the field to join the rest of his Pokémon. [break][break]

She joined the fray by aiming a LIGHT OF RUIN at the circling HYDREIGON, hoping to catch it off-guard as it expelled its CHARGE BEAM — an attack that missed its intended mark, as the ARCANINE TELEPORTED away, leaving it to hit Quartz instead.[break][break]

The STEELIX didn't even bat an eye. Its focus was on the bug buzzing around the two men and disrupting their exchange. Summoning a number of large, jagged rocks from the ground via STONE EDGE, it levied them at the VIKAVOLT.[break][break]

At the same time, ARCANINE phased back in and took the BLAZING KICK from the MEGA BLAZIKEN, feeling empowered by the fiery attack. To counter, it looked to crunch down on the same leg used to kick it, sinking in with a THUNDER FANG.

[break][break]

[break]
MAGNET RISE [3/5][break]
string shot hits the knife, barnaby drops it[break]
florges uses light of ruin on hydreigon[break]
arcanine teleports, charge beam hits steelix[break]
steelex uses stone edge on vikavolt[break]
arcanine is hit by blazing kick (flash fire)[break]
arcanine uses thunder fang on blaziken
[break]

TOTAL: 240 MP[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 3:48:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]When the Light of Ruin came barreling down, Desghidorah didn't stand a chance. The poor Hydreigon was blitzed out of the sky by the strongest of fairy type moves, joining the many, many other flying Pokemon to careen to the ground today. If Isaac had hoped to press an immediate advantage from Barnaby's disarming, he wouldn't get that chance. Returning Des to his ball took priority.[break][break]

Des wasn't the only one in a hell of a pickle. The large, jagged stones surrounding Lord British were just as imposing as the Light of Ruin had been. Luckily, the Vikavolt was as much a master of the air as it was of the sands below. He burst from the ground, Levitating in quick, precise flight patterns to weave around as many of the stones as possible. Only a single stone from the onslaught managed to clip Lord British's side; a painful wound to be sure, but not enough to take him out of the fight.[break][break]

One would think, after risking such a hit, he would try to get as far away from the shadowy Steelix as possible. However, Lord British instead flew towards Quartz with a resolute hum in his wings. His jaws glowed a radiant white, seeming to glow against the backdrop of the Steelix's shadow-stained flesh.[break][break]

It was a desperate bid, but if Lord British' Guillotine could find its mark the odds would even up quite a bit.[break][break]

Arcanine seemed to be in the perfect position to strike. His foe was airborne and unable to dodge, while also sitting right in point blank range. However, before he could make contact with his Thunder Fang, the Blaziken vanished in a puff of smoke. That Teleport trick had impressed The Colonel. Now, with his Mirror Move, he'd try it out for himself.[break][break]

His destination; right behind the Florges, emerging from his warp in a whirling Blaze Kick. With the last of his Infinity Energy, he hoped he'd be able to take the flowering fairy down.[break][break]

With everyone's dance partners set, Isaac could finally turn his attention towards Barnaby. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had insurance on him," he snarled, knowing damn well that the only insurance should have was of the life variety. "But if you can't live without hands all over you, that's fine."[break][break]

"You've got mine."[break][break]

With speed beyond speed, Isaac charged forward. With each step, he surrendered himself to the winds, his body unraveling until only a stiff breeze remained. It blew past Barnaby, then unraveled back into Isaac the second it passed him. He skid to a halt, hand to the ground to help him decelerate, before launching himself towards Barnaby's back in a furious spear tackle.[break][break]

For but a precious moment, Isaac could taste his vengeance.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Desghidorah doesn't stand a chance against Florges. The Light of Ruin KOs him in a single blow.[break]
Lord British avoids the worst of the Stone Edge, but suffers a lancing blow to the side. Knowing he won't last in a protracted engagement, he tries to even the odds with a Guillotine on Quartz.[break]
The Colonel rips off Arcanine's Teleport plan via Mirror Move, aiming to surprise Florges with a Blaze Kick outta nowhere.[break]
Isaac runs like the wind, passing ephemerally through Barnaby before reforming behind him. From there, he banks all his hopes on a heavy spear tackle.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 1:14:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

There was no avoiding their lumps this time around. [break][break]

VIKAVOLT's GUILLOTINE was the decisive blow that finally sent the SHADOW STEELIX crumbling to the earth, knocked out. And while FLORGES survived the BLAZE KICK to the broadside of her body, it was a powerful attack that left her keeled over and wincing in pain.[break][break]

He returned both, leaving ARCANINE on the field, before turning to face the traitor in front of him.[break][break]

Things were not looking good. Even worse still when @isaacomerlo demonstrated something that was wholly unprepared for.[break][break]

"He belongs to me." was a gift from ; a man living on borrowed time. "Your meddling will be the death of you—"[break][break]

Before the admin could finish, something strange occurred. Isaac's body suddenly evaporated into a chilling wind that soon passed through Barnaby himself, sending an uncomfortable, icy sensation all the way from his torso to the tips of his fingers and toes.[break][break]

That was all needed to see. Things were different now; was a changed man with new, unknown, but likely dangerous powers. [break][break]

Another Avatar had been born. Great.[break][break]

Staying here any longer was more of a gamble than he was willing to entertain.[break][break]

A sharp whistle called his ARCANINE close, just as Isaac's arms wrapped around Barnaby's waist, propelling him into the dirt with a sickening thud![break][break]

The force of it nearly knocked the wind out of him, but he managed to scramble in a way that left the two men facing one another. Barnaby held Isaac's gaze with cold, furious eyes, before spitting out a sinister,[break][break]

"I'll be watching, Merlo."[break][break]

His last words before the ARCANINE TELEPORTED them away.

[break][break]

[break]
MAGNET RISE [4/5]
[break]

TOTAL: 500 MP[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" an RT battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 2:24:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The only thing worse than the ghostly feeling of Isaac phasing through Barnaby was the rueful, hateful laughter that trailed in its wake.[break][break]

" his is own man!" he shouted, the exertion from his tackle turning his declarative statement in a war cry. Before he could try and convert it into a pin, Barnaby rolled through, building some distance between the two of them. "And if you even think about hurting him again, there's gonna be hell to pay."[break][break]

By that point, Barnaby didn't care. His team retreated to their Pokeballs. His Arcanine ran to his side. Isaac had shown something far more dangerous and far more worth consideration than a scorned little brother playing guardian. His cold eyes locked onto Isaac's blazing ones, and one last threat hung in the air between them.[break][break]

Isaac smashed a gout of water down from the skies, pulverizing the space where Barnaby once stood.[break][break]

"Yeah. Keep watching, asshole," he snarled, as if glaring at that spot would make Barnaby suddenly come back. "Get a nice, long look at the guy that's gonna tear you down."[break][break]

The skies over the mysterious island were clear. By all accounts, the job was done. Isaac should have been proud of himself. Instead, he stewed in his own fury, knowing the man who broke someone he adored was still at large.[break][break]

There was nothing left for him here. Isaac stormed off, whistling for his Pokemon to follow.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 1:23:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: