Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 10:50:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Somehow, he doubts gym leaders in bigger cities do this. Hell, he wouldn’t have time for this if the hipsters weren’t all off at their big city universities. Dave, his Deputy, seems positively ecstatic when he hears the news that is coming to town. Apparently, she’s famous. Nominally a man in his 20’s before a distortion aged him up, Navy still hardly has time for luxury. Defending Dewford’s a full time job.[break][break]
That’s part of what spurs him to show her around. Genuine concern is mingled with the cold logic that nothing would make the town look worse than a blogger getting eaten alive by a dead thing on a livestream.[break][break]
He meets her at a local, trendy café. It’s modeled after a bakery you’d see in Johto or Kanto. There’s a distinct eastern flair to the building. Smiling bakers serve up massive, wobbling, fluffy cheesecakes to the twenty-somethings and old timers who call the town home. All of them turn their heads at the sight of this celebrity in their midst. People whisper behind Navy’s back about how cool it is for him to be talking to a celebrity.[break][break]
So,” he says with a certain level of awkwardness, “how are you liking Hoenn?” A bit stiff. He’s never really been good at making small talk. “On behalf of the Hoennian government, welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
and it always becomes bittersweet.
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 0:59:27 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

it's not like julie travels incognito. in fact, she makes it rather well-known where she'll end up next at the end of each video and livestream. it makes it easier to find willing participates to chat with when covering local delicacies, tourist spots, fashion trends and the like. how-ev-er! no matter how popular she is, it's not as though she expects special treatment (because she's had a lot of that and she finds it's more comfortable for it to be earned rather than out of obligation). that's why, when the is at her impromptu meet-n-greet, the friendly smile she had worn had become laced with puzzlement.[break][break]

gym leaders were busy people, though she supposes even they need to step away from it all. and... well, who is she to pass up a chance at publicity when it falls into her lap just like that? (though, with how he sits awkward bathed with the buzz of curious onlookers, julie has to wonder if navy was even a fan at all).[break][break]

the tea cup in her hold takes its seat back onto its saucer with a delicate clink, julie offering a smile. "it's definitely different," she begins, finger tapping at her chin as she gazes to the ceiling in thought. the moment she had begun speaking, the whispers surrounding them cease, the giggle that escapes her acknowledging their curiosity. [break][break]

"i've visited before. several years ago with my family, that is. before..." she makes a vague gesture, as if to say well, you know better than me, right? without missing a beat, she continues: "which is why i'm very grateful! for both the welcome and your company. back then, i never visited dewford town since my family had several things to take care of. i'm really unfamiliar with things here so..." she tilts her head, the concern she wears settling in easily. "ah, but i'm sure your schedule is full...?" it'd be bad if he were eager to leave, and surely with this many eyes on them, he wouldn't say no to a girl giving him puppy dog eyes, right?[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","credit"]milky
[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 4:40:31 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

He’s a sucker for puppy dog eyes and a pretty face. It’s a curse – one that’s plagued him since childhood. teases him by calling him the perfect hero, but really he’s just a guy who can’t say no. Onlookers turn to pay attention to their own meals. For once, the sheriff’s fan club has jumped ship. They’ve got another celebrity on their hands.[break][break]
Eh, nothing really going on today. That’s the thing ‘bout being law enforcement. You’re passive. Waiting on a call. Same for the gym. Today’s one of my off days. Unless some kid comes in screaming ‘bout how he’s gonna be the best and has to fight me, I let my gym trainers entertain people.” There’s a battle going on down at the pitch right now. He loaned out a few of his mid-evo Pokemon. It’s keeping people entertained well enough.[break][break]
…please don’t challenge my gym for your live stream.” He says, a smile marking the remark as a joke. “Surprised you’d wanna come here.” He forgets himself for a moment, turning back to the camera and putting on a PR voice. “On account of the recent troubles. Glad you feel it’s safe to travel here in Hoenn.” Curiosity spurs him a mere inch past the boundaries of good sense and professionalism.[break][break]
Just what do they say about what’s going on here? Over in Kalos, I mean.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 9:19:18 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

she listens in earnest as she catches the eyes of their surrounding audience, julie earning shy waves in response to her own. in truth, she thinks it's amusing how buzzed they are with her presence, considering dewford is known as the hub of new trends. surely they've had their fill of people like her that drop by via recommendation or due to a popularity video seen in passing? or maybe that's the allure of it all. the uncertainty of just who will appear next. what a charming town.[break][break]

the joke has her laughing into her fingers, head tilting. "i would if i were a battler! maybe the me that is gives you a run for your money." her fists clench before her chest, a little determined nod accentuating her words. "i would love to sit and watch someday though. hopefully a trainer comes rushing in calling for you when i'm in town in the future." perhaps that was why she didn't dabble too much in the battling side of owning pokemon: julie just wasn't exposed to it as often as most. it's a rich kid thing, probably. where pokemon are more ornaments and toys than friends gained through trial after trial. [break][break]

settling back into her seat, she hums thoughtfully, finger tracing the rim of her teacup. how much can she talk about without giving too much of herself away? is it awkward to say she really just ended up in the region to see a particular person? that would unfortunately garner a tad too much attention with her comment sections, so she mentally sighs the truth away. [break][break]

well, not like she'd admit it with so many people around to begin with.[break][break]

after a beat of silence, she decides on: "when there are people working hard to keep it safe, it gives me a little confidence to walk around." it should be enough to pacify him and be the perfect response for the camera. "as for what they say at home... well, hoenn's certainly an eventful region." leaning forward, julie rests her cheek on her palm, that perpetual smile dropping in favor of a small frown. "there were always things about how we should be paying attention in case anything from here spills over to there. there are people that saw it as a business opportunity. called hoenn a struggling region." the frown deepens. she thinks of acquaintances of her father and blows out a sigh, puffing her fringe out of place. [break][break]

"but that's just a small percentile. a lot were concerned for the ones living here. i'm glad i can show everyone that people here are doing alright to the best of their abilities." pausing for a moment, she returns his curiosity with her own. "if you don't mind me asking, how have both you and dewford done through all of this?" [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 10:03:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Mmmm…” Every now and then as she talks, he gives that soft murmur to show he’s still listening. His eyes are focused on her, taking in every word. It’s an old habit from his detective days. He enjoys people, people and all their intricate little nuances. The way she moves when she talks, verbal tics, the things left to the realm of body language, all of it fascinates him. People are his bread and butter, so he lets her talk.[break][break]
Her question makes him break the comfortable silence he settled into.[break][break]
Dewford’s recovering well since the battle. Relief efforts from the League, donations from other regions, everything helps. Guess me being here helps, too. Dewford’s only had one gym leader before me since the last batch got fired or killed at the start of the war.” There’s more he’d say to someone who isn’t a civilian. He scoffs at what the gym was. Hoenn doesn’t need a glorified water park in war time.[break][break]
As for him? Navy looks to his left arm before he can help himself. After injuries inflicted by , the arm’s sluggish. It hurts to move it sometimes. It’s the first of many battle scars he will earn by defending the region. Should he talk about that? Maybe it’d impress upon her how dangerous this place can be. She’s in a war zone. The sooner the region accepts that, the better.[break][break]
I’m holding up okay. This job’s fun. I love this town and its people.” There’s no lie there. His eyes twinkle with mirth as he looks around at the townsfolk of Dewford gathered there. “It’s nice. I’m from the city, and you never get this kind of quiet in Slateport. If you want a quiet place to hang out when you’re not busy travelling the region, there’s always room for you here in town.” Leaning back, he runs a hand through his beard.[break][break]
You like video games? I could show you my favorite spot in town. We’ve got a retro arcade. Biggest one in the region.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 10:47:49 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

she had paid close attention to news of hoenn years prior to her arrival out of concern for the one person she cared for in the entire region, so it doesn't necessarily surprise her to hear the news of loss and let go's. she was well aware of how truly dangerous hoenn was and is (julie was just lucky to not have ran into trouble yet). vaguely, she wonders if there'll be another outbreak in her future here, whether or not she'd be a survivor or another casualty. fortunately for navy and their onlookers, any grim thoughts are hidden well underneath her apparent natural brightness, it even being overshadowed by the curiosity that glimmers in her gaze.[break][break]

while navy had been a detective once upon a time, julie had been suffocated by far too many rich folk waiting for a chance to strike. a single mishap would be the talk of the party (literally) for months on end if she and her siblings weren't careful, so they were all well trained in the art of observation. of course, julie was no match for a man that had made a living out of it, though the subtle glance to his arm isn't lost on her. [break][break]

there was a story there, but she picks and chooses her battles (and prying into a man's scars is never one she partakes in willingly). instead, she smiles in agreement, the curiosity replaced with relief. [break][break]

"it's good to hear you've all gotten support someway, somehow. it's even nicer to hear dewford's managed to stay relatively peaceful. i'm from the city too, and i have to admit..." she offers her own survey of their surroundings, grin warm as she nods to the cafe's patrons. "i'd love to visit more often. it's relaxing here." there are nods of approval and gasps of delight in reaction to her commentary, and while julie did appreciate the enthusiasm, her fondness for dewford lie simply in the solace of it being an island as if it were its own little world. [break][break]

she does a look over at the elder with a hum, a teasing grin plays upon her lips hidden by her long sleeves as she raises to politely cover her giggle. "i'd never take you for a gaming type," she confesses, daintily lifting her teacup to gulp down the rest of its contents. she sighs in satisfaction, chair scraping as she pushes herself up. "i'm personally one to enjoy watching, so how about you show off your skills, yeah?" she shoots little finger guns at him, teeth glistening as the smile widens. [break][break]

"and then maybe, if i'm feeling confident, you can teach me a little? [break][break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 9:51:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh yeah, I’m something of a pro.” He lies as easily as he breathes. There is precisely one game at the arcade he’s good at. The rest are games he was roped into learning in another lifetime, when the world as at peace and he was afforded time for that.[break][break]
Street Brawler II, Mac-Pan, Sea Invaders…played ‘em all with my brother back in the day. The arcade in Slateport’s nowhere near as nice as this one. Here. Not very far. We can walk. May as well enjoy autumn while we can.” Standing up, he waves goodbye to the townsfolk that sit around them at their own tables. Most have the good grace to try and look busy with something else.[break][break]
Fair warning, try and not leave at night unless you’ve gotta.” Most of the townsfolk know that, but he still waits until they’re walking down the sidewalk, away from prying ears, to say those words. Best not to cause a panic by reminding people that something lurks in the sea. Something dark stirs in the waters just off the shore of this island on the edge of everything.[break][break]
Since the battle, there’s been a boatload of ghost Pokemon flying around. Rangers deal with it as best they can, but they’re understaffed here. Dewford’s never really had many problems ‘til last November.” A meteor nearly obliterated the region, and it left portals to all sorts of unsavory places after it was teleported to another world. Grim thoughts, and Navy doesn’t know how much the average person knows about all that. As much as he values being normal, it’s hard for him to call himself an average person after the events of the past six months.[break][break]
Har!” A voice from the rooftop cries, deciding the mood is growing too somber. Sharp eyes shoot up. They spy a Perrserker striding along the roofs along the street. Tormund the Perrserker chooses this moment to strike. He jumps down, wraps his legs around Navy’s neck, and tugs at his hair. With a claw raised towards the sky, he lets out a battle cry.[break][break]
…don’t mind my cat.” A dry voice accentuates exasperated motions. It’s a constant fight to keep Tormund’s beard out of his eyes. “He likes arcade games, too. Well…really, he just likes the shiny coins.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Dewford Daylight [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 2:42:35 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jubibi"]

she waves with both hands as they exit the cafe, her rotom phone wiggling in farewell at the crowd. perhaps because their gym leader was already out the door, she gains equal enthusiasm back, even earning a come again soon! called after her. julie doesn't showcase it and hides it very well, but she's quietly flustered at all these unfamiliar game names(?) he had thrown at her. so when they're intaking the dewford air, she's glad he offers her warnings instead of continuing their previous conversation. she tries to hide it as best as she can, but julie is ultimately a sheltered rich kid. a lot of her knowledge comes from browsing the web, though there's only so much conversation that can occur when lacking real life experience. [break][break]

oh, woe is the girl masquerading as a normal traveling vlogger (or something). [break][break]

as they walk, the mention of the ghost-types does bring a sense of curiosity bubbling within her. "why ghost-types specifically...?" she wonders aloud, though a grim thought crosses her own mind. considering it followed a battle, were they haunting...? she frowns at the idea and clears her throat. "um! i guess it's hard to station more rangers here, huh? considering the distance." it's an awkward force of subject change, however, she's fortunately(?) saved by the dramatic entrance of a perrserker. the lunge at navy catches julie by surprise, a squeak escaping her as she jumps. was this one of the dangers he was talk—?! oh. no. just his cat. [break][break]

she sighs and shakes her head, though it's difficult to miss the amused smile she wears. "if he's excited for shiny coins, then i guess we have to win a lot!" and by that, she means navy, but she's sure he catches her drift. julie did say she was the type to observe rather than partake. "the more the merrier though! if it were my cat, i'd be trying to keep her out of trouble and i'd have to chase her through the arcade... maybe she's in her rebellious phase?" she says it as if wondering just where her skitty had gotten the personality trait. weird how a pokemon gets like that when her trainer was basically a runaway. really strange. if navy met her skitty, he'd see the resemblance a little too easily, even without knowing her family background. two little pink things with an enjoyment of the unknown? the trainer-pokemon bond never ceases. [break][break]

looking over the horizon, she hums, both her rotom phone and camera being pointed this way and that to absorb the scenery. her phone even floats by navy and his pokemon, capturing the battle the gym leader does with his perrserker's beard. "hm... about what you said... since it's dangerous out at night, are any establishments open late?" of course, she plans ahead and already has a place to stay as well as her itinerary set up. however, with his warnings, perhaps she'd have to move things around? lost in her thoughts, she's quick to break out of them when she realizes one teeny thing: doesn't this make it sound like she'd ignore him anyway?[break][break]

"oh! i wasn't planning on wandering around, by the way. i guess i'm curious for... safety's sake?" a nail taps at her video cam, shoulders shrugging. "it'd also be good for my viewers that'd want to visit after watching this upload. i try to include necessary information, so..."[break][break]

+  (boop!)

[newclass=.jubibi]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights