november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
hairlequins [frou-frou furfrous]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 19:54:42 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Maybe Cass has acted a bit impulsively. However, that poor thing has still been at the very same spot the several times Cassandra has walked past, and she could never really ignore when she things someone's been abandoned. So, despite better judgement, she's decided to take the Furfrou home for now. It's well into the afternoon now, and she could not let it be all alone in the chilly and chillier winds.

Now just to explain it to her mother, but she'd think about that later ... for now, the surprisingly docile pokémon is following her to her home without much fuss. "You know what, let's get you cleaned and styled up a bit before we look into your owner ... I tried seeing if you have a collar, but ehm." She stares at the furfrou and its really ... tempestuous ... fur. "I at least think you have one, so that's good! It's just the question of getting there ..."

Truth be told, she's not sure if she even has the tools for this, but gladly, she just recently bought herself a new set of scissors. ... hopefully she wouldn't need another set after this.

She steps forward, motioning for the furfrou to wait a moment, and then unlocks the door to her home. "I'm back home!" she shouts, trying to figure out if her mom or her siblings are home before she'd plan further. She could take care of it in the garden, but ... she's rather reluctant to do that. Even if cleaning the bathroom also doesn't sound like a good time either, so she's really on the fence.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 4:33:07 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]

[attr="class","samjermain"]
A busy child was a well-behaved child. As old religions said, idle hands merely did Giratina’s work. Which was why Calpurnia found so many ways to fill her sons' and daughters’ day. The eldest boy would just be arriving to his karate lessons. Another boy—a few years younger than Cassandra—was studying for a group project at a friend’s house. Her last boy was on a trip to science camp. Only Zinnia and her mother were in the house. The former enjoying a rare moment in front of the television.

Mother, as she so often was, had brought her work home. A high-end laptop sat on a live-edge desk in front of her. Its white metal legs are more than sturdy enough to hold a few people. A theory that had been proven true many nights before. As the door clicked open, the violet-haired woman would turn briefly toward the doorway. Again, her heart twisted with a strange, illogical disappointment.

Her husband had not found his way home. It was just one of the children. “Welcome home, Cassie.” She turned back to her laptop briefly. “Your dinner is on the counter.” It was another meal kit from that organic program. Though expensive, it preserved time the scientist did not have. Unlike her husband, she found little enjoyment in kitchen labor. It seemed for a moment that the teenager’s uninvited guest would go unnoticed.

But, upon closing the door, she would find herself face to face with Purrseus—her mother’s domineering Purugly. It looked at the child with a questioning, judgmental air. "Pur." Two-toned eyes turned to the hound. Disgust covered every inch of its plump features. With a rumble, he turned to face Calpurnia’s office. It opened its mouth as if to yowl. Then, it smirked: What’s in it for me? Those bright eyes seemed to say.

A big paw lifted, all claws extended. Schnk! A claw vanished into its plant-sized paws. It looked like Cassie didn’t have long.
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px; background-color: #C48EE8;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;border-top: 3px #C48EE8 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-bottom: 3px #C48EE8 solid;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 17:19:24 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra breathes out an unnoticeable sigh of relief as her mom doesn't seem to notice something immediately - and there's truly nothing out of the usual anyway, right, just a ... dog from the streets. There's worse things in the world (like Cass' beloved sentient garbage bag). She peers at the counter, but it's not one of the meals she'd hope for. It's been years, and she's not sure if she's come to miss her father more or less. ... definitely the first.

"Thanks, Mom! I'll have a bite later. Amanda baked cookies yesterday, so I'm not too hungry right now," she calls back, hoping to sound natural. Gladly, the furfrou behind her stayed quiet and unmoving, waiting for Cass to do anything, which made the possible stealth part slightly easier. However, she's more unsure than ever about just sneaking it past her mother and into the bathroom (which sounds less and less of a good idea now that she thinks about it), as she comes face to face with Purrseus, her mother's purrugly.

She freezes up for a moment, her eyes widening as her thoughts start to race around in her mind. "Hey, Purrseus! I saw some delicious pokétreats on my way home, so I thought I'd get you some," she says, her voice slightly frantic but also vaguely monotone because she did have those treats - she just intended her for her other pokémon, but they'd have to wait until she gets more pocket money again. She cautiously motioned the furfrou to move onwards, but obviously, the hound has never been to her home.

While Cass starts rummaging in her bag, the furfrou stays in place, and does a questioning wimper that makes her heart plummet. Did mom hear-?

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 15:32:58 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]

Kelpie knew her kitchen skills were not the best. The home she had grown up in subsisted on some of the unhealthiest things imaginable—prepackaged noodles, TV dinners, and government cheese. Though she doubted the latter could even be called such legally. Still, she was slightly offended that cookies were deemed better than what she’d tried.

She hit enter. Another article proposal was sent to a Pokemon science magazine—hopefully, it’d be approved this time. At Cassie’s answer, the woman sighed. “Cassandra, love, cookies are not part of a complete breakfast.” Unless a child was wolfing down some chemical-laden mess like Cookie Crisps. The printer whirred to life, temporarily deafening in the woman’s office space.

Schtck! Another claw vanished into a meaty paw. Muscles rippled beneath the fat cat’s surface. Like all children, Cassie bore more than a few marks of his ire. At the talk of food, however, the feline’s brow perks. His extended paw lowers slightly. That will do. His body language seemed to say.

At the whimpering hound, the cat’s expression turned devilish. He did not like dogs. It was nothing personal of course—a simple evolutionary imperative. With a toothy grin, the cat made as if to pounce on the dog, his springlike tail swishing playfully behind him.

A shadow passed by her mom’s office door. “Cassie?” She queried. “Are you all right?” She sighed. “Did you trip on the rug agan?” Such a silly, clumsy girl. Certainly, something she inherited from her father.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px; background-color: #C48EE8;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;border-top: 3px #C48EE8 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-bottom: 3px #C48EE8 solid;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 12:14:25 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
"There are breakfast cookies," Cass returns, but knows her mom's words to be true - after all, the sugary cookies her friend baked could hardly count as their more healthy, cereal-based variant. "I'll eat later, there's something I wanna do first," she does add, hoping to smoothly be able to get out of this situation quickly and upstairs, since the stray (not stray?) furfrou is still here and needs to be moved. The more she thinks about it, dealing with it in the garden probably would have been a better idea, but the creeping cold does not mix well with any clean-up endeavour ...

... just like Purrseus who's currently the biggest concern regarding making everything blow up in her face. Gladly, she could convince him for the moment to keep quiet with the snacks she bought. While rummaging in her bag quickly, the dog pokémon behind her grows increasingly uncomfortable with the tension, letting out a whimper - the only whimper Purrseus needed.

Alarmed, Cass makes an effort to try and shove the furfrou out of the way, frantically also searching for a piece of furniture behind which she might hide it for just another moment. With a thud, this motion also indeed sends her flying to the ground, but several accidents and mishaps have honed her reflexes, so she doesn't actually break a bone. "Uh, yeah, I'm just fine! Got a bit too, eh, hurried," she calls back, rubbing her arm that's suffered a little bit, a numb pain echoing through her body. However, that moment of respite doesn't last long, as she bolts upright again, trying to figure out the current situation.

ooc. reply at last! and no worries, ur post is perf \o/
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 1:21:00 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]

Staring at her own wastepaper basket, Calpurnia wrinkles her nose at the stench of hypocrisy. The protein war wrappers were quite similar to cookies—chocolate and flour wrapped around some mysterious protein. “We both know that is a marketing ploy, love.” The woman tutted from her office. Another attempt to lure busy adults from a filling, healthy breakfast. The quiet clacking of keys stopped.

The woman turned in her chair to face the doorway. A brow jerked slightly upward. “And what would that be?” Had her little shut-in finally found a flame. Hah! She shook her head. “Is it that book report?” Mother continued, offering the young lady a potential lifelike. Personally, Calpurnia enjoyed a good romance novel. This one just had too much fading out for her.

Ah, what a symphony! The dog’s fear is to him what a fine vintage is to a wine connoisseur. Before he can bask in its delight, however, some stubby human hand is in his way. When Cass reaches to push him away, the cat hisses. A fatty paw swipes idly at the girl’s hand, claws barely missing. Now irritated, he watched with delight as the woman fell on her rump. Those claws vanished. The devil retracted his bargain as quickly as it’d been struck. How dare the filthy child try to tell him how to behave! She was the fool bringing peasants into their home. “Puuuuuuurrrrrugly!” The cat yowled its beckoning song.

When Calpurnia appeared at the door, it was not with the typical click-clack of fine heels. Instead, she spotted a worn bear of heart-shaped slippers. Her arms, wrapped in a half-buttoned pajama shirt, crossed tightly over her chest. With a gaze as terrifying as Medusa, she turned to face the dog. What is this?” Content his victory was assured, Purrseus turned to stroll at the room, intent on spreading his hair across the elder child’s bed.

A space which he had once called his own.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px; background-color: #C48EE8;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;border-top: 3px #C48EE8 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-bottom: 3px #C48EE8 solid;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 13:45:28 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra lets out a laugh, somewhere between reality and despair. "I can't deny that," she returns, her mind shortly drifting to the annoyance of ads being everyhwere, capitalism, and all that before focusing on the currently more real problem at hand. "And yeah, that book report is kind of a drag ..." She hasn't really been able to get into the book, and not by lack of trying. And while it isn't her immediate concern, she gladly jumps on it for as long as she can, hoping to delay the inevitable for just a few moments more until she'd be clear ... "Like, some things don't really make sense, I think, and I got the feeling that the teacher has some very clear expectations what we should write, so ... kinda more of a 'guess what they want' than usual." She does enjoy literature, but interpretations are a nightmare. The clarity (most of the time) of maths appeals more to her.

But the laws of physics could've been a bit more merciful as she slams into the ground, her fall a bit cushioned by the carpet. Soon, it's followed by Purrseus going back on their bargain, and her mother's terrifying glare. Cass clears her throat, her expression a mix of embarrassment with a hint of teenage rebellion, a notion she couldn't shake.

"Uhm, eh, that's a Furfrou. I- found it on my way home, and I tried getting to its collar, but its fur is all terrible- I thought I could practice on it a bit, and find its owner because it was getting late and dark outside, so I couldn't just let it out there all on its own, not knowing when the owner might come back, and I'll clean up everything, I swear, it's like nothing will have happened-" Cass fires sentences like bullets, one after another before eventually stopping to catch a deep breath.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 2:47:19 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]

The woman shifted to face the door. “Cassie—” The scientist sighed. She loved her daughter, but it was so hard to empathize with her sometimes. She never went to bed hungry or had to sleep in threadbare clothes. The girl’s idea of hardship was a sightly boring book report. A pen tapped against the desk. “Most of your life will be spent guessing what other people want.” Bosses, government officials, sexual partners, it was all about reading the room. “You could certainly do with some practice.” And, if that cunt graded her baby poorly, she would find a way to make her regret it.

Though, as she stared at the thing in the hallway, she rethought her maternal defensiveness. “I know what it is.” Calpurnia cut her daughter off with a biting word. This ungrateful child had tried to sneak some diseased cur into her house. Violet eyes swept up the trail of muddy pawprints. The next sigh sounded like her soul leaving her body. “And why did you not take it to a shelter or daycare center?”

Her daughter’s soft heart would be her undoing one day. Just like it’d been for her aunt. A pair of puppy dog eyes and she turned to spineless goo. And, she was willing to lie to her about it.

A manicured hand lifted to pinch her nose. “What if it has fleas?” What if her baby got them? Did this brat know how hard it was to bathe a cat? A sound of pure frustration pours forth. “Arceus, Cassie!”

She pulls out a pair of gloves from her pajama pants. Her upper half was dressed for work—a button-up with a lab coat. The mask she wore for a late-night meeting. “Get that thing into the tub, now.” She shooed it away like one might a particularly insistent fly. Even through the gloves, she seemed reluctant to touch the beast. “If it’s not out of here by tomorrow, I will drop it off myself.” Purrseus was allergic.

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 10:54:00 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra couldn't hold back the pout at her mother's words - it's true that living in a society entails exactly this, but that doesn't mean she has to like it, right? (She WILL have to deal with it though, and probably sooner rather than later. According to her, later would be more preferable.) This topic is quickly swapped out for the more ... current, and in fact, less preferable situation with the furfrou that Cassandra has decided to bring home. For. Reasons.

Yeah, the more she thought about it, the more stupid it sounds, but this felt like a classic teen moment. (And it would really be a good hairdressing practice, and all in all, it could've gone worse! Probably!)

"It isn't that bad," she returns defensively, but also only looks at the poor pokémon from the corner of her eyes - better not refresh her memory on how bad the situation actually is. "Bringing it here just seemed ... faster." She's not sure if she should bring up practicing hairdressing yet or at all, given that they've just talked about a book report she could be doing instead.

"I won't do it again, promise!" Cassie flinches at the sound of her mother's frustration and scorn, looking at her pleadingly. "Just this once? Please?" Gladly, her mother doesn't seem to want to throw out the furfrou immediately, and she nods enthusiastically. Unlike Kelpie, Cassie's not hesitant to touch the pokémon, now trying to give it a few encouraging coo's and nonsense blabbering as she motions it to the bathroom with her mother.

"I'll go find the own- ehm, give it to the pokémon center tomorrow first thing. I'll wake up extra early, too!" she promises another time, and another time with a rather untrustworthy track record of barely getting out of bed in time for school. However, she does move quickly to get the furfrou into the bathtub, starting to run water a bit away from it to let it heat up. "Think my shampoo will have to do for now ..." she murmurs, glancing at her mother to see if she got any other ideas here - she's sure Purrseus would kill her if she even looked at the products intended for him right now.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 20:32:35 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The woman’s lips pushed more tightly together. Purple eyes dropped to the muddy marks beneath her feet. A whiff gave her a touch of wet dog mixed with her perfume, an unwelcome combination. She preferred people not to know mess visited her home. Most days, she preferred to seem as if she did not have little rugrats running around. Violet eyes narrowed irritably. [break][break]

It was the look. The one that sent shivers down the Kubrick children’s spine. “I disagree.” While the urge to force a mop into the brat’s hand was overwhelming, Calpurnia pushed the urge aside. Doing so before cleaning up the mutt would only make her do it twice. Her daughter’s excuse earned a snort of derision. Nothing about this mess was faster than putting the problem in the hands of the bleeding hearts who so often craved it. ”You know I despise liars, Cassandra.” She shook her head. “If you want to do something, do it and pay the consequences.”[break][break]

Her voice dropped an octave. Now, it was no louder than a forceful whisper. "But do not insult my intelligence with such a contrived excuse.” At the promise, the older woman shook her head. The laughter was indulgent. “You said that the last three times, Cass.” When had she become so lenient? “Fine.” Maybe her daughter wasn’t the only one lying to herself. “But you will not like the results if you keep trying to make my home an animal shelter.”[break][break]

The woman stares at the shampoo for a moment. With an aggravated sigh, she pushes it toward her. “This will do.” Raising to her feet, Calpurnia moves to grab a handful of towels from the shelf. Certainly not the [good ones. Kicking off her slippers, the woman rolls up her sleeves. “If I see a single flea, I will set the beast on fire myself.”

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Uh soft calpurnia is soft?

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 13:18:52 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra flinches into an upright pose. The shivers down her spine seemingly add to the need to at least appear prim and proper, even with the whole history of mud and falling over herself written in the wrinkles of her clothes, her tousled hair. She bit her lip, and quickly let go of it - steadying her breathing instead.

"Sorry," she could only say, eventually, after her mother's scolding words, and then an embarrassed "haha caught me" smile follows with the reminder about the times before. ... yeah, she did indeed not have the best track record. "I really don't try to ... and will do better in the future. I pro-ho ho ho-mise," she said, another time, and this time, muddy dust tickles her nose, and she could barely hold in the sneeze. She flashes Calpurnia another smile, hoping to maybe soothe things over with charms (which she's not really good at). "I'll take them to pokémon centers next time." Because, as much as she'd plead for anything right now, throwing another bold-faced lie did not seem like the best play here.

The furfrou itself seems to have caught the tense situation, and behaves as docile as it can be. Indeed, it has been pretty tame the entire time Cassandra has been with them so far, which makes her curious ... After Calpurnia's reluctant approval of Cass using her shampoo to wash it, the student gets to work, rolling up her sleeves. She takes the shower head, turning on the water at lukewarm and praying that the mud won't reveal a flea. "Haha ... ... But it's kind of strange, actually, I think it's ... it kind of makes me think more like if, ehm," Purrseus had a roll in the mud, which Cassie does not voice. "Like if Saude, my emolga, had a roll in the mud. It doesn't seem really ... wild, they're also pretty docile."

Even as Cassandra gently washes away the water, it doesn't seem to be too disturbed or bothered at all.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 13:30:51 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Calpurnia tried her best to hold the mask in place. To spare the rod was to spoil the child, and it was her job to keep them in line. Her shrinking daisy of a husband never had the spine. She was not known to be a forgiving woman—more of a serpent that struck fast and decisively. In a world of predators, there was no room for softness. [break][break]

But that stern look quickly cracked. An indulgent smile pushed past her tight-lipped frown. Her normal irritation at poor enunciation was fleeting. It was almost endearing when Cassandra did it. “You ho-ho-ho-mise?” Up went a perfectly manicured brow. Her long nails tapped at her bare arms. “Isn’t it a little early for Christmas spirit?” The second smile earns a hearty sigh, violet eyes rolling upward. She shook her head. Again with the lies.[break][break]

“You really must stop making promises you cannot keep.” Even if Cass did it next time, it likely wouldn’t hold. These silly little martyr types got off on taking the entire world on their shoulders.[break][break]

The scientist allowed her daughter to take point. Her lips wrinkle as the crystalline water turns sandy before darkening to a chocolate hue. She slides her hands away from the stagnant water as mud threatens her skin. “You never know with animals dear,” Calpurnia replied airily—her distrust of dogs apparent. Anything that loyal was to be feared, especially when it was not you holding the leash. “It could simply be a front.”[break][break]

Then, something off caught her eyes. The last layer of mud had sloughed away, and her hawk-like eyes spotted something gleaming. A situation rife for jokes. “Wait a moment—” The supervising mother murmured. An accusatory finger jabbed in the direction of the Furfrou’s neck. Its white fur had begun to show through at this point. “--focus right there.”

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 20:43:37 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra looks highly embarrassed at that slip, and is quick to defend herself, "That was just! I had to sneeze!" Her expression is defiant, but seeing her mother actually crack a smile makes her smile as well, and she clears her throat. "And it's never too early, at least if you ask the Marketing people or whoever puts spiced biscuits into the shelves already." Not that she actually complains - not that she actually doesn't have a stash of spiced biscuits all-year-round in her room.

"So I ... won't promise," the teenager says carefully, definitely balancing a thin line as she wonders just what exactly she should do - another time of guessing what anyone wants from her. (It's tiring, generally speaking.)

Gladly, she could quickly occupy her mind with shampooing and washing the furfrou as they walk towards the bathroom and she starts with letting warm water run through the mud and fur. She's had her sleeves rolled up - one of her hands is holding the showerhead, the other is helping some stubborn mud to get loose and down the drain.

"But those are very trustworthy eyes," Cass counters, which ... is a very subjective thing, but she doesn't believe that those black beads could actually harm anyone. ... but she is quite biased towards pokémon, anyway. She's startled by her mom's sudden interception, but gladly doesn't let the showerhead go haywire, but holds it steady.

"Do you mean here?" she asks, focusing on the neck area and combing with her hands through wet fur ... "Oh! See, it's got an owner! Well, at least a collar. Let's see..." She moves the furfrou's chin upwards to wash the front, hoping to see a little metal plate with a name and maybe even adress on it ... The pokémon doesn't resist, on the contrary - it seems to enjoy the bath. "Also, I really don't think it's their first time being bathed."

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 15:22:04 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The more Cassie talks, the deeper the hole gets. Mom’s amusement only grows. She hides a laugh in her hand. “My apologies, ducklett.” Those eyes glitter mischievously. “Gesundheit.”
[break][break]
The talk of the holidays draws out a sigh. With five children to handle, the season was a nightmare. This is due, in part, to Calpurnia’s desire for perfection. The pictures need to look like something from Hallmark. Then, there was the fact that the children were so difficult to shop for. What happened to wanting dolls and blocks? “Ugh.” The decorations needed to be worthy of a magazine. “Don’t remind me.” A noise of irritation escaped. “Those miscreants are the real villains.”
[break][break]

As the girl speaks, Calpurnia wonders how she has survived this long. What did it mean to have trustworthy eyes? There is certainly nothing remarkable in those chocolate pits. “What does that even mean, Cass?” That exasperation drips from every word. “They look like every pair of dog eyes I’ve ever seen.” Stupidly loyal and easily manipulated. A chore to be around, but a somewhat decent ally. That smell though? Disgusting.
[break][break]

“I do.” The scientist sighs as the first bit of collar becomes visible. It means she has obligations to the beast. That there’s someone out there waiting for it. “It seems like it.” It doesn’t take long before that glimmer grows. There’s a tag there. But she trusts her daughter is smart enough to read it. Looking at the dog’s stance, Kelpie cannot help but acknowledge her daughter’s right.

[break][break]

“How…charming.” Hopefully, there was a phone number there. She needed to charge someone for this bathroom travesty.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 7:19:00 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass halfway lifts her arms in helpless defiance at her mother's amusement, but there's really nothing she can do to come back from that, is there ... "Thanks ..." she decides to drop it, which is probably the best course of action now. Well, apart from a little unintended jab regarding the holiday season, which is always a stressful time for Kelpie especially and by extension the kids also.

Cass does seem to be a bit triumphant about irritating her mother despite every sane braincell in her body telling her that's a bad idea, generally speaking. "Guess capitalism's been the bad guy all along," she murmurs, but it's also probably exactly that why she's living so well in the first place ... truly, she's just a teenager with too many ideals and not many ideas at times. "But hey, factually, it's still some time off!"

Her naiveté also shows with the furfrou, though that one topic she might vehemently defend herself on. "Noo, look, there's this little curve here around the edges, and even if it's mostly black, you can see that they're very quick on the uptake, even if maybe a bit silly ... but definitely the makings of someone trustworthy," Cass cooes while bathing the dog who, frankly, has no idea what's going on, but looks seemingly happily from Cass to Kelpie.

At the discovery of an actual collar, Cass focuses on the neck area, and sure enough ... "Oh! There is an adress, it's here in Petalburg, and ... a phone number! Can you call the owner to tell them their Furfrou is safe?" Her own hands are a bit too ... soapy. After telling her mother the phone number, she goes back to washing off the dirt from the rest of the pokémon's body. "The adress kind of reminds me of something ... it seems familiar ..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights