Calpurnia Kubrick
hairlequins [frou-frou furfrous]
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 13:56:31 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The elder Kubrick sighs. It was a rather ironic statement coming from her daughter. Most children had never left this blighted hellhole, much less spent summers abroad. “Only losers blame the system, Cassandra.” Truly smart people learned to work with what they were given. You had to truly master the world before you could change it. At the talk of time off, Calpurnia laughed. “Because teenagers are so excited to spend time with their mothers.” Certainly, the break was lovely. But her true job didn’t exactly adhere to public holidays.
[break][break]

Though exasperated, her sigh is brimming with fondness. Though she leans in closer, she sees nothing but brown, empty voids. This dog looks no different from the scores of others in the region—it was just dirtier. “You sound like a phrenologist, love.” That or a truly desperate empath, eager to connect with anything they might encounter. “It’s just a dog.” Purrseus huffs in haughty agreement, peering down at the tub with the authority of an imperator. The beast’s wagging tail and easy smile earn a wrinkled nose. There would be no appealing to her better nature.
[break][break]

With the discovery of the collar, Calpurnia murmurs a word of thanks to the useless goat who had made their world. It would save her from having to listen to Cassie’s begging. A manicured hand drops to her pocket but pauses just short of pulling out her phone. “My, my, Cass. Someone’s forgetting her manners.” Respect was the only thing that kept her household in balance, and she wouldn’t let simple excitement peel it apart. Still, she does dial the number, waiting for her daughter to remedy her mess before hitting call.
[break][break]

At the talk of familiarity, Kelpie leans forward. Then, she laughs. “Hah! How the mighty do fall!” The last she’d seen of the champion Furfrou breeder was a disastrous Tupperware party. The woman had the audacity to tease her about a recent haircut. “This mutt must be Achilles.” The dog perks up at his name.
[break][break]

Another resigned sigh follows, but this one is tainted with a touch of longing. “Are you sure we can’t just throw him back out?”

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Uh soft calpurnia is soft?

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 15:08:00 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass' expression clearly expresses disagreement, but ... she sighs. "What else am I supposed to do?" she murmurs. The state of the world is disheartening to say the least, and she has no idea where to even start. So she doesn't, returning to the comfortable bubble of her life. There's a small smile on her face, actually, at her mother's words. "I mean, sometimes, it's not that bad," she finds herself admitting in fact, inspired by the ever-growing hole in her life that is her father's absence and her mother's busy work. Even if, yeah, these words will definitely be taken back within the next few days, for sure - puberty doesn't know too much place for sweet honesty.

The student appears actually shocked at being called a phrenologist, but the worst part is how she doesn't even really have a rebuttal for it. "It's...!" she says, puffing her cheeks in lieu of any fact that she could use to help her point. Because, objectively speaking, her mother is correct there. In her heart, however, she knows that not to be true. There's something about the Furfrou that's standing out. "It hasn't made any problems yet, has it?" is the only thing that comes to her mind that she can fall back to.

That, and the collar that starts to be unearthed beneath all that dirt. In the excitement, she does indeed forget manners, and also- uh, what has been wrong with what she said? But turning to look away from the collar to her mother made her remember. She does her best to mask away the ooops sentiment, clearing her throat before she repeats, "Could you please call this number for me, dear mother?" ... ... Okay, maybe she really didn't have to go full historic on that one.

Then, she blinks. And looks back at the pokémon. And then back to her mother. And. "Achilles? That-?" she asks, bewildered - but now much of the mud and dirt is gone, the fur below ... actually. Yeah. This ... "I never would've recognised him." There's a faint smile on her face as she thinks about the purebred dog having fun out in the mud, freed from the general expectations of his owner ... before it turns into a slight shock. "Mom! We can't do that. Also, we already got so far." The Furfrou's now looking mostly clean, and there's only one thing left to do ...

"Hey, let's give him the best haircut ever, how about it?" she asks, trying her best to stay serious. "Then Mrs Dressler won't be able to say anything about haircuts anymore." Which, honestly, a stretch clearly motivated by Cass' desire to give the Furfrou a haircut. (One of her hands is also buried in the wet fur, and it's silky.) "There's a Furfrou show in a couple of hours, and she won't be able to change anything about the cut, and if she wins with this ...!"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
328 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 13:25:21 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

A lady knows when she’s lost. This is a lesson her daughter seems to have forgotten. She continues to protest long after she should have flown the white flag. But that was the beauty of teenagers, wasn’t it? They were as stubborn as Mudsdale. Fortunately, Mommy dearest had the stamina to match. The flimsy defense is torn apart by harpy claws. “It’s been ten minutes.”
[break][break]

The Pride and Prejudice mockery makes Calpurnia laugh. There are times she thinks her children were swapped at birth. Then, there are moments like this. Times that make her certain these cretins are hers “I would be ever so delighted, lovely daughter.” The elder woman hums with a tight-lipped smile.

[break][break]

With her finger hovering over the call button, the violet-haired woman pauses. “I certainly didn’t.” She did quite enjoy the look of street waif on him. It was quite fitting for such a lowdown mutt. “But you can never doubt the power of a good haircut.” At her daughter’s scolding, Calpurnia sighs. “I’m just joking!” A hand splayed across her chest in faux offense, but the only thing fake is her defense. “What sort of monster do you take me for?”

[break][break]

The suggestion is met with a stunned blink. “You want to give the dog,...a haircut?” The incredulousness doesn’t fade with the explanation. She remembers her daughter’s previous attempts at styling hair. Mostly the bangs incident. The idea that an amateur would win anything is laughable. This dog would end up the laughingstock of the Blue Ribbon circuit. And, by extension, Dressler too.
[break][break]

“What a wonderful idea!” Calpurnia chirped. “Let me get daddy’s clippers!” It wasn’t like he was using the things anyway. Purrseus hid a snicker behind a lifted paw.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Uh soft calpurnia is soft?

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights