Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SMOG - Isaac vs Elisabeth
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 4:47:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Ultra Deep Sea was one thing. It was an Ultra Wild, and a particularly nasty one as well. Gaps in the framework of reality were to be expected there. This was another story entirely. How had the Dream Mist made its way to Hoenn, let alone become so thick?[break][break]

For a moment, Isaac remembered the peal of pink smoke he saw wafting off of Maldacena's last known location. He remembered how, after fighting so relentlessly through the mists, Team Rocket came out with the keys to the RKS Simulation. The fabric of dream and reality unfurled into this liminal space between worlds, time and time again. Would that be what awaited them here as well?[break][break]

Would this war unravel their whole reality into little more than lines of code?[break][break]

For a moment, Isaac could see his fears twisting across the dreamscape. Cyberspace poked through the pink mists, entire chunks of island reduced to little more than bare wireframes. Lines of code danced through the air along the sea breezes, each snippet a warning of the Origin Point's inevitable approach. His hands seemed to glitch, briefly flickering back into Blackjack's fingerless gloves.[break][break]

Arceus, Isaac had never been so glad to hear someone scream before.[break][break]

The second his focus was stolen, so, too did the Dream Mist relent. The pink haze was back, no sign of reality's daunting secrets buried beneath. Good. Isaac would be as happy as a Clamperl if it stayed that way. He let his thoughts settle into the back of his head, clutched in his subconscious and buried by the drive to tackle the world's problems one brick at a time.[break][break]

A familiar sensation burned at the back of his brain as he pursued the sound, but for the life of him he couldn't place why.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 5:36:51 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

She always found herself dreaming these days, even when she was awake.[break][break]

Nightmares consumed the damned, always.[break][break]

Each step through the limitless expanse of INTERDREAM MIST carried her out of this realm and into another. Faces, blurred but hauntingly familiar, turned their elongated necks to regard her owlishly as she moved through the smog, her dauntless advance parting the pink sea like a veil.[break][break]

She could feel the bitterness of their vacant stare lingering on her as she passed these ghosts by, rippling outwards in a pulse of palpable malice.[break][break]

What's imagined cannot hurt you, she reminded herself, although the Ruinous Beast that had claimed her had long proven otherwise. Memories that had centered her when she last ventured into the Ultra Deep Sea with felt distant and lost, buried under a layer of resentment that denied childish comforts beneath a snarl of unforgiving briars.[break][break]

No recollections of a cherished garden in Camphrier Town might provide her respite; no friendships had lasted the winter of her lack of affection enough to resist their withering into regret; no solace would be found in the arms of a dark-haired lover who now gazed upon her with a cold scrutiny, despite the warmth of the honeyed words he murmured in her ear.[break][break]

Her footsteps ceased, the sight of a distinctly solid silhouette ahead causing her to become wary.[break][break]

"If you value your life," she stated with a solemnity that only those who had willingly killed another human being possessed, "you will depart this place. Immediately."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x1).[break]
- 10 MP for incorporating INTERDREAM MIST or spawning PARADOX POKEMON.[break]
- 50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 5:59:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]From the screams, Isaac expected torture. Perhaps he'd found it in a different form.[break][break]

Slowly but surely, the swirling mists began to coalesce into a more substantial form. It was an elegant, judgmental parade, noses turned up so high their necks seemed to stretch to the heavens. They paid Isaac no mind, but instead all marched away from what appeared to be a single point of origin. What else could Isaac do but go against their grain?[break][break]

Little did he know the point of origin was on the move. In fact, it was haeading right towards him.[break][break]

Two silhouettes stopped and faced one another, separated only by a thin veil of dream mist. The crowd turned their heads to gawk, but otherwise paid them no mind. In fact, they parted around them like the Red Sea, as if refusing to lower themselves to the level of actual interaction.[break][break]

Isaac could tell he was a guest here, and an uninvited one at that. Was the other silhouette one too? Or had he stepped into her parlor of broken dreams? With no idea what to say next, he waited for her to make the first move.[break][break]

If her distinctive voice hadn't been a dead giveaway, the bitterness in her words made it all too clear.[break][break]

Elisabeth Fiorelli. The one whose seeds of friendship were choked out by the weeds of malice. The one whose life's work he fought to preserve. The one whose life's work he fpught to destroy. The one who he fundamentally distrusted and yet found himself relying upon. The one who failed the same love he had. The one who he now understood on a brand new level and yet could never truly understand at all.[break][break]

In a sense, they were two sides of the same forgotten coin.[break][break]

"Pretty sure if I did, I would've fled the region by now," he admitted. "But I'm still here. And so are you. Funny how it all works out, huh?"[break][break]

"Sure has been a while, Scary Godmother."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG[break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:21:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The impertinent boy grinned at her: seemingly oblivious to his own cruelty, and to her own misreading of his sincerity.[break][break]

He was not the first to throw the past in her face in a bid to anger and humiliate her. Lisa Bortiforte, Kalosians like had taunted her with. 'The Florist,' and still named her. And now this new indignity, 'Scary Godmother,' was also to be endured.[break][break]

"You mock me," she accused him, and the parade of abusers and victims resounded in a chorus of wicked laughter, twisting in upon themselves in the mist before they transformed anew.[break][break]

Funereal flowers bloomed beneath their feet, the dahlias black as sin. Impossibly, they appeared to be weeping, leaving an incongruent river of blood-hued petals that drew a thin red line between them. They wept, and wept, and wept, and yet their stems never seemed to be stripped bare.[break][break]

Elisabeth refused to give the shifting environment her attention; to witness a dream was to give it power.[break][break]

"I stay my hand out of respect to the fondness another holds for you. But my hand will not stay forever."[break][break]

She extended a proverbial olive branch to him, an artifact that had long withered and splintered into uselessness, and waited for his acceptance.[break][break]

"Depart, and I will consider matters settled between us."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x2).[break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:33:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Mock y-"[break][break]

Before Isaac could argue the point, his voice was drowned out in wicked laughter. Pain flickered across his face, but it wasn't his own. Was this truly her nightmare? Indignity? Scorn? Judgment from saints and sinners alike? Had he just bumblefucked into it and made things worse without even trying?[break][break]

He didn't dare argue. How could he? Her feelings, splayed all over this canvas, were her own. Instead, he simply bowed his head out of bashful remorse. "I'm sorry." Two words. No justifications. No hollow parade of ands or buts. This wasn't about him. It shouldn't be.[break][break]

Unlike Lis, he was acutely aware of the dreamscape. It was imppssible not to notice the flowers in bloom, tickling at his ankles as they stretched for a nonexistent sun. Curious, he stooped down to take a look. Dahlias, a favorite, their black hues tipped in red. No matter how much they shed, their suffering never seemed to come to an end.[break][break]

Taking a soft breath, Isaac willed himself to ease their pain. Mist gathered around his fingers, dancing between them with every twist and swirl. He guided them along the length of the flower trail, letting it settle upon their petals and leaves like fresh morning dew. Their color would remain. It was simply their nature. Would their bleeding cease, or was this, too, their fate?[break][break]

Regardless, Isaac would gingerly pluck one from the earth. "Let me try that again," he said, offering the dahlia her way in an olive branch of his own. "It's good to see you again, Elisabeth."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:51:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I did not ask for your apology. I asked you to depart."[break][break]

Her line of sight narrowed, taking in the measure of the boy in front of her as he knelt to inspect the dreamscape's flora.[break][break]

Boy. Suddenly that moniker didn't seem accurate.[break][break]

Muscle she'd not noticed during all those seasons with him and now seemed impossible to ignore; the sunshine-blonde of his hair had darkened, though not to the same extent as her own.[break][break]

When had changed? And what had changed him, maturing him in a way she couldn't quite explain aloud?[break][break]

Despite this, his was a childish gesture, reaching to give her a flower that bloomed fresh with dew. She recoiled from it, flinching, as she scoffed at the absurdity of the gift. Scorn burned bright as flame in her carmine eyes.[break][break]

'Black dahlias: a token of betrayal or sadness.'
[break]

And he said he did not mock her.[break][break]

"You try my patience with frivolity and falsehood. You take no pleasure in my company."[break][break]

The flower in his hand warped, hissing into a fanged snake that slithered out of his hands and into the darkness.[break][break]

"And you'd be a fool to think I ever took pleasure in yours."[break][break]

Knife-like in their sharpness, a churning PETAL BLIZZARD stormed overhead with a flurry of jagged petals, surging upwards on a current of biting wind. It whirled about the woman's black hair like a tarnished halo around her, reminiscent of a fallen angel clawing her way out of the underworld.[break][break]

"Do not make me repeat myself, Merlo. You know how I loathe incompetence."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x3).[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 15:24:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]If Elisabeth loathed incompetence, she was in for either a pleasant surprise or a rude awakening. The Isaac she once knew had grown so much since the last time they'd spoken. The mark he made on the lands he was once so helpless to protect had been a living sign of that.[break][break]

"You really think that?" While Isaac wasn't going to tell her how to feel, her readiness to do the same left him cocking an eyebrow. "If I really thought that lowly of you, would I've hobbled into your hospital room instead of recovering in my own? Or gone looking for you during that masquerade? Taught you how to drive, even?"[break][break]

"C'mon. I survived the Cheesecake Factory just to keep talking theories and spending time with you."[break][break]

He'd never truly considered Elisabeth a Friend. That wasn't to say he didn't like her, because he did! A lot! He just never felt like he'd gotten past those first barriers, never reached the core of the person within. Now that core was covered in brambles and decay, as ready to strike at Isaac as the viper that had slithered out of his hand was. She was never a Friend, but a part of him always wished she had been.[break][break]

This desire, this compassion for understanding, danced across Isaac's body. No longer did he need to wear his heart on his sleeve. Now it surrounded him like the Northern Lights, a rippling aurora as green as the leaves of the restored Petalburg Woods. Its soothing light shone through the Dream Mist as if Isaac were a lighthouse. Did Isaac even realize his heart was trying to reach out to Lis' so? He didn't even seem to notice.[break][break]

"If that's what you really want, I'll be out of your hair. But if I'm being honest, I was kind of hoping to find you."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 16:32:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Purifying light cut through the gloom of blight and decay, shimmering behind with its beckoning dawn. The aurora borealis soothed the festering grudges that heightened the atmosphere, smoothing them out with an unheard lullaby, until the scythe-like blooms fell in a harmless cascade of flowery petals.[break][break]

Unlike all other phantoms that had been born from the mist, this gentle glow radiated from its source with a near-heavenly aura: crowning the Liberator with a resplendent gloriole.[break][break]

The mist faded. A different scene presented itself, suddenly and abruptly pulled from their mutual consciousness.[break][break]

A clearing lit by a perpetual spring, its flowers forever flourishing in the bloom of renewal. The sound of a babbling brook, clear as crystal, that beckoned all weary creatures to drink and know strength. The flitting of a winged creature that Elisabeth knew to be dead -- for she had killed it with her own two hands -- while another she did not recognize stared at her beyond the pale horizon, seeing through her.[break][break]

Old words came back to her, in a voice that this time was not her mother's, nor even Celebi's: "BREAK THE CYCLE. EMBRACE YOUR PURIFICATION."[break][break]

But she'd already made her choice. Time would not reweave itself to undo that canon event.
[break]

"What are you," she whispered, taking a cautious step back from him. The creature's stare lingered, unwanted and unasked for as it witnessed the black state of her own soul with unflinching scrutiny. "For what purpose have you come to find me?"[break][break]

Distantly, she could feel the pull of her Ruinous patron in the back of her psyche, rustling like leaves caught in an unforgiving wind:[break][break]

"They fear the Ruin we are destined to become."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x4).[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 16:53:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac had been here before.[break][break]

What was foreign to Elisabeth had been burned into his memory. Here he had died. Here he had relived his fate. Here he had been reborn.[break][break]

Perhaps. Elisabeth would get glimpses of it, flashing through the veil of serenity like lightning strikes against a stormy sky.[break][break]

CRASH. The verdant ground gave way to the cold, chalky stone of Sootopolis. With each glimpse, blood and salt intertwined. No matter how much flowed, it never seemed to dry.[break][break]

CRASH. Lugia's long shadow cast a pall over the land. It grew closer and closer, larger and larger, deeper and deeper, until soon the entire city was cast under its pall. Storms of frost, storms of crystal, and storms of shadow ravaged the landscape, tearing deep gashes in the stone as they passed.[break][break]

CRASH. Death, each one more horrid, more gruesome than the last. Bodies rupturing, shattering, being consumed in body and in mind alike. Only a gentle purple flame pushed back against the darkness, until it, too, had been overwhelmed.[break][break]

Yet between each of these glimpses, Elisabeth and Isaac would return to the grove. It was as if nothing had happened, yet as if everything had happened. Perhaps between these visions, Elisabeth would note that the two legends were not alone. There among them rested the Isaac she better recognized, his body broken and his spirit full as he rested in their sacred spring.[break][break]

Perhaps, if she kept her eyes on the spot, she would see him on the next flash. Perhaps she would see him witnessing his own demise.[break][break]

"I'm the same Isaac you know and sometimes tolerate." Isaac stepped through the veil, his approach matching Lis' retreat. That slightest bit closer now, perhaps she would be able to make him out through the mists. No matter how his body changed and his power developed, the warmth in his eye and cheeky grin across his face were unmistakable. "Just, a little bit different."[break][break]

Did he know he wasn't the one Elisabeth was speaking to?[break][break]

Did he know that his patron may have been closer than he ever realized?[break][break]

"I just wanted to tell you that the Petalburg Woods is healing." It wasn't an easy process. The blight may have been washed away, but it had fed greedily upon the land for months. Even now, some of his finest Pokemon had left his party to be wardens for the fledgling forest. "I don't know how you feel about all that. But I figured if anyone deserved to know, it's you."[break][break]

She'd always loved those woods.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 3:03:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"It's not possible," she interrupted, furious and vexed beyond measure at the sight of the Celebi in his vision. A pointed finger marked her accusation, indicating the offending Pokemon. "That thing... it's dead."[break][break]

The scene blackened, time reversing and compounding in upon itself. Ochre eyes glimmered in the gloom, howling winds and rotting leaves swirling as a horrible shadow chased a woman who'd been damned long before she'd signed her pact with the devil.[break][break]

Portals glimmered behind Elisabeth, revealing glimpses of realities that held versions of that would not recognize. Of a peaceful League scientist, walking hand-in-hand with an unfamiliar man who smiled at her with cherishment personified. Of a concerned councilwoman standing beside , resilient and determined after overcoming unknown struggles that aged her beyond her years. Of a loving mother, surrounded by children in her childhood home, embraced by a man with coal-black eyes who seemed ill-suited to his own gentleness.[break][break]

The resentment that seeped through these false realities overwhelmed in its vastness.
[break]

Power flashed through that woman like stygian lightning as her body transformed like the twisted woods all around her: gold hair darkening to black, eyes of verdant green turning red as blood. The hopeful fae creature had sought and failed to protect that woman against her inevitable fate, succumbing to RUINATION at Elisabeth's hands.[break][break]

"I killed Celebi," Elisabeth repeated desperately, haunted by the strangeness of his experience that so mirrored and yet differed from her own. "Those woods will never fully heal, and that creature no longer walks this earth."[break][break]

It had to be true, didn't it?[break][break]

If it wasn't... if it wasn't, and things could still change...[break][break]

"We know they lie."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x5).[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 3:28:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]This, too, Isaac knew all too well.[break][break]

was to thank, because in Isaac's eyes she was never to blame. Her Tera experiments locked Isaac inward, the annals of his mind exploding into an entire galaxy's worth of possibilities. There, he, too, had faced the parade of what-had-beens and what-could-bes. He found strength in what he had seen, even if he knew to linger behind meant being lost to his dreams forever.[break][break]

To Lis, they were the greatest torment she could imagine. Was Celebi that thing that was dead? Or was it the futures she had forsaken?[break][break]

Such was the fury with which she rejected them that the earth churned beneath her feet. She had not simply rejected the Petalburg Woods. She had been the one to kill it, just as she had aimed to kill Celebi, just as she had aimed to kill herself. Her hair had not been dye as his had been. It had been autumn's gold and spring's green decaying into the same black and red that threatened to swallow Petalburg whole.[break][break]

"You're right." If Lis expected denial, she wouldn't be getting it. Not from Isaac. "Celebi's going to die at your hands. Maybe that's why it couldn't come with me. Maybe it knows that, one way or another, this is it's fate. And yet, it comes for you anyway. Kinda beautiful, huh?"[break][break]

"And the Woods will never be the same. The trees, the flowers, the Pokemon . . . they're gone now. There's no changing that. But that doesn't mean there can't be a new start." It wouldn't be easy. The soils that should have been ripe to support new life were dry and barren thanks to decay's greed. The seeds of a new generation were lost before their time, consumed alongside their kin. Pokemon would be leery of the area, disdaining its approach for as long as they remembered the calamity.[break][break]

"We just need to fight for it." Already, there was a difference. Seeds from Ceres' shell rained down upon the Earth, her Overgrowth willing them into fresh grasses and sprouts. Zephyrus flew above the land, his Springtide Storms a beacon for the forest's lost and fearful. There, as skittish Dandori fled out of sight, they would find a field of flowers awaiting them. At the center of it all, born from the gratitude of a life saved and a land loved, lay a single Gracedia.[break][break]

"Please." Instead of taking another step towards Elisa, Isaac extended a hand towards her. He dared not advance any further. He dared not pressure her while she was already so haunted. Instead, he simply waited, his love and mercy hers to choose instead of yet another burden foisted upon her. "When this is over, I would love to show you."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 23:56:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Over?" she repeated, and the laugh that escaped from her now rang with bewilderment and grief. "When what is over, Isaac? Do you think the world is ever finished with us?"[break][break]

Everything cycled. Springtime flowers bloomed, but winter would claim the earth at the culmination of every year, rendering all waking life back to slumber. Wildfires purged forests of rot and decay. Death allowed new life to enter the world unhindered and unburdened.[break][break]

Even the brightest of lights bore a shadow, because all darkness was shaped by the light.[break][break]

"Nothing is ever finished," she promised him, her dark silhouette a stark contrast to the luminosity of his own, "because nothing ever ends."[break][break]

Behind her, the rustling of begrudging whispers and the stench of misery preceded the sight of ochre eyes that heralded the arrival of her Ruinous Beast, the demonic god hissing as it took its place by her side. Resentment poured forth from it in waves, its aura of palpable menace warding off the aurora borealis that sought to confuse its chosen Avatar.[break][break]

"You ask us to be something other than what we are destined to be."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x6).[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:35:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I meant when we're off the island, ya drama queen." Isaac smirked, knowing that he was every bit the drama queen Elisa was and then some. "What do you think? I put a target the size of 's on my back, and here I am coming back for seconds. That sound like a guy who thinks this'll ever be over?"[break][break]

"Well, tough news for the world. I'm not done with it yet, either."[break][break]

In another world, perhaps the dreamscape would shift and sway to reflect their dueling philosophies. Today, it was not to be. How could it? They were in complete agreement.[break][break]

A great alpha Gogoat fell to the hands of a Lycanroc pack. His strength brought suffering. The Lycanroc dragged their kill back to their den, their Rockruff letting out happy yips as they feasted. His suffering brought strength. A Gligar flew too high, too fast, and lost control of his ascent. However, as he neared the ground, he thrust his membranes out and soared all the higher. In the darkness that threatened to swallow the world, the light shone all the more brightly.[break][break]

It was all the same. The only question was whether savoring the good was worth facing the bad. Would you sink into the deepest, darkest recesses of the world? Or would you face the horizon with your head held high, knowing all too well what dangers lurked ahead?[break][break]

Elisabeth had chosen to sink, bereft of all but her resentment towards a world that refused to let her know peace. The force of her ire was such that Isaac found himself paralyzed. She'd already made her mark upon him once. The grudge festered within his mind, coiled around him. A part of him wanted to run for the hills. Another part longed surrender to her silken touch, just as he had in Petalburg those many moons ago.[break][break]

Before he could decide, his mindscape settled. It was as if he'd become the still waters of a secret spring.

Ochre eyes were met by a pair of violet flashes. What Lis may have thought was a vision of Suicune strode behind Isaac, mirroring where his opposite number stood. There they remained, the northern wind and the grudge-bearer of the south. The snail would not have free reign here. Pressure emanated out from Suicune, pushing back against Wo-Chien's Ruination.[break][break]

"We ask you why you hide behind a destiny that only means you harm." Where Lis' voice dragged itself into his mind like a sludge-coated hand, Isaac's rang out as clearly as crystal. Where her aura of menace covered her in plumes of ochre smoke, his aurora may as well have been a spotlight around him.[break][break]

"Are you scared?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @elisa [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 1:22:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Grief twisted and shifted into rage, the clear and gentle tone of his voice irritating her beyond all comprehension. It grated on her like a Sneasel's claws dragged against ice, jarring and discordant despite its inherent smoothness.[break][break]

She was no overflowing river to be stilled at the beckon of a soothing wind.[break][break]

Her resentment was the flood itself.[break][break]

"It is not fear," she bit back, hissing like the Seviper many believed her to be, "it is certainty."[break][break]

Each timeline that Celebi had shown her was a past that could not be rewritten. Those versions of her had experienced kindness from the world, and just as a wilting flower might right itself again when exposed again to sunlight and rain, so too had she flourished and blossomed for it.[break][break]

None of those pale shadows were her.[break][break]

She'd been compared to these women who bore her face in each of these universes, and been found wanting.[break][break]

"Fate comes for all of us, no matter what it is that we desire. Only the fool fights a battle he cannot win."[break][break]

Her own eyes beheld a glimmer of autumnal rot, echoing those of her patron.[break][break]

"We accept who we are. We have survived this universe that has tried to kill us, over and over again."[break][break]

The dark energies of RUINATION began to shift across Wo-chien's shell, gathering in a noxious cloud of malcontent.[break][break]

"Shame us for that if you will. But survival is not guaranteed in this world."

- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission (x7).[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 1:27:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"There's only one certainty out there. The one we make for ourselves."[break][break]

A childhood, at best a forgotten accessory and at worst a hated reminder of past sins. A wider world entered no plans, no prospects, nothing to his name, and no hopes. The slow, agonizing wither as he realized, from his foundation of nothing, he was nothing. A spark of hope only found at the cost of his own life, undone by an act of god. The knowledge that the companions, the love, the strength, and the purpose he'd found were enslaved to a blood-soaked machine. Two last years spent with the vestiges of his self-loathing.[break][break]

Lis' past wasn't the only one to flash by, crimson splashes thrust upon a dull grey canvas.[break][break]

"The hell is fate, anyway?" If Lis wished to bring the flood, then so be it. The island would collapse beneath their feet. A patch of decaying land would rise up to catch Lis, while Isaac was content to stand above the eerily still waters. "Is it some big, bad cosmic force? Or is it just . . . people?"[break][break]

A ripple spread across the pond. A young Isaac, barely old enough to remember, pressed against the all too thin walls of his house. The words "not mine" sent the ripple into a furious wave. Then another. , caring and loving as always, begrudgingly accepted as they tagged along for an adventure. He may've been a grump about it, but by the end they were laughing and smiling.[break][break]

This gentle ring collided with the churning waters, and both fell still.[break][break]

Ripple after ripple after ripple. The pond would never stay undisturbed for long. How could it? It was being touched by countless lives countless times, never given a moment to rest. Some were storms unto themselves. Others, from the briefest, most fleeting touch, were too gentle to register at all. Some canceled each other out as their wavelengths interfered. Others fed off one another into towering swells.[break][break]

"You're right. Survival's not guaranteed. Nothing is. How could it be? We're just two little guys on one little planet in a multiverse bigger than we can imagine." As the waters churned and the ripples spread, visions appeared in their wake. Were Elisa to look into the pool, she'd see an endless amount of other Isaacs. Some were unrecognizable. Others differed but for want of a nail.[break][break]

"And that one's planet got so much happening. The good-" The day Isaac met on a faraway beach, their bond practically instant. "-the bad-" The day Isaac met , cowering beneath a house's foundation while hunted by slavering Mightyena. Even from the outset, their bond was written in blood. "-the ugly." The day, at 's behest, Isaac was forced to take his first and only life.[break][break]

"We'll never control it all! Sometimes it gives. And sometimes it just takes and takes and takes." Even as he tried to keep calm, anguish bled into Isaac's voice. For one who seemed so eager to deny fate, it was clear it had taken its toll all the same. He, too, had been a survivor of the universe. "But there's one thing it can never take from us."[break][break]

Isaac stooped down to the water's surface. A gentle blue aurora wrapped across his hand, light dancing around the space between his fingertips. As he touched the water, it dispersed outward in one last ripple. Did every other ripple vanish before it? Or were they incorporated into it, a testament to all the goods and all the ills that made Isaac who he was today? As the ripple spread onwards and outwards, the water left in its wake fell still.[break][break]

"Who we are."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#5cdde9; [/newclass]