Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
CINDER
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 23:07:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Ash rained down over the city of Fallarbor, casting a sheet of grey over the streets and buildings. It was dark, even at midday. The sun had been blocked for days by the smoke that silhouetted the skies, blowing from Mt. Chimney and choking the unfortunate town.[break][break]

"Arceus." Rowan muttered to himself as he untied the bandana from his head, wrapping it instead around his face to block out the smoke and ash. "Keep close, Ranger Nakayama. Wouldn't want to get separated." He glanced back at his fellow ranger, barely able to see them through the haze. [break][break]

The molten migration had attracted invasive Pokémon to the town, Slugma, Torkoal and other manner of volcanic inhabitants settling into Fallarbor. Unintentional fires had been started by these invaders, causing further troubles for those already forced to endure this hellscape. It was their mission to help usher these Pokémon back onto the mountain, before further destruction was cause.[break][break]

"Keep an eye out, Magcargo burn hot enough to evaporate water on contact. Don't get too close." With the bit of advice imparted, Rowan trudged deeper into the town, looking for signs of the fiery invaders.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
CINDER
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 7:51:49 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

as a kid, mika often heard people talk about fallarbor and other areas around mt. chimney, though usually all they had to say were things like i'm glad i don't live there, could never survive with all that ash and smoke. she recalled herself thinking that i hope somebody helps those people when it happens, then. i hope i can help someone like that someday. [break][break]

and it was her concern for others that ultimately led her down the path of a ranger, to begin with. and she'd been on a few missions before, but none of them felt as grave as this one. "of course." they answered their fellow ranger accordingly, speaking up louder than usual just to be heard over the muffling smoke and ash. they had a scarf on, but in similar fashion to rowan's bandana, tightened it over her face and neck area to block out the harmful debris in the air. [break][break]

she kept a lookout for any of the invasive pokemon in question. she was ready to relocate them as harmlessly as possible, but just in case the wild pokemon had other ideas, there were a couple of water type pokemon she brought along for the occasion. yet just as she thought herself prepared, rowan mentioned the potency of a magcargo's flames, and mika simply nodded, though she wished she had a ground-type pokemon for this very occasion. [break][break]

"i saw a flash of orange, to our 11 o'clock," mika said, eyes squinted into the distance. she swore that something also moved, but against a blurry background, they couldn't be sure. "instinct tells me it's a torkoal, but we'd have to look to make sure."

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
CINDER
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 5:27:15 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Good eyes." Rowan turned his attention to what his fellow Ranger had seen, reaching for one of the Pokéballs at his waist. "We'll subdue them, and call in a transport. There's some waiting on stand-by."  [break][break]

A Phione appeared in a flash of light, following Rowan close as he lead the charge towards the sighting. As they got closer, the Rangers could see more of a problem than originally identified.[break][break]

There were a number of Torkoal gathered up at a small pond, the water visibly boiling at being in the vicinity of the fire-type Pokémon. "You take the lead, I'll back you up."

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
CINDER
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 21:05:30 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"alright." mika nodded, agreeing that it was a sound plan. that was the good thing about being a ranger, she supposed. you were never alone in your endeavors. "i'll do my best." [break][break]

in all honesty, they weren't even confident in their own abilities yet, thinking that this would be something that ranger wrynn could handle with his eyes closed. but the fact that he trusted her enough to subdue the torkoal meant a lot to her, and forced her to take the responsibility head-on instead of simply sticking to the sidelines. "here goes." [break][break]

she brought out two pokemon from their poke balls: prinplup and walrein. water and ice were common deterrents for fire, and mika simply hoped that with rowan's help, they'd do more than enough to discourage these torkoal. "brine and surf combo!" [break][break]

the two water-types obeyed their trainer, and at once, deluges of water formed in the ashen air. prinplup's brine formed as a deluge of water that formed in front of its beak, swirling at the torkoal. the idea wasn't to hurt them too badly, but to weaken them and allow them to be handled easier. and the walrein's surf was instrumental in neutralizing the now-boiling water, as well as any other small sparks in the grass that would otherwise catch into flames. [break][break]

mika was so focused on what was in front of them, however, that she failed to notice a pair of torkoals off to the side, ready to aim flamethrower attacks in retaliation... [break][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
CINDER
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 23:09:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]A small smile curled at Rowan's lips as he watched Mika work, already seeing the promise that the Ranger held. Good, it would be nice to have someone else he could rely on when Rocket came knocking on his door. [break][break]

Still, he couldn't help but notice the Torkoal that were preparing to attack his partner's flank. "Watch out!" Rowan warned, letting out a sharp whistle to direct his own Pokémon into movement.[break][break]

Phione flitted forward through the air, forcing themselves between Mika and the Torkoal before summoning an AQUA RING around them. The flamethrowers struck the watery barrier, dissipating into steam at the giggling pleasure of the Phione. [break][break]

As soon as the imminent danger passed, Rowan issued a verbal command this time. "Take them out, Whirlpool." Phione surged forward on the air, spinning around and around the errant Torkoal in a circle to gather an aquatic tornado around them, cooling the Pokémon and hardening their shells solid, rendering them temporarily inert.

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
CINDER
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 20:57:19 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

at the moment rowan's phione moved through the air, summoning an aqua ring, mika stared wide-eyed at the intruding flamethrower attacks, those barrels of fire that dissipated into steam after hitting the water barrier. she glanced over her shoulder, tossing a "thank you," hurriedly over their back. she would've burned if it hadn't been for ranger wrynn's awareness. she planned to make up for that kindness tenfold. [break][break]

the torkoals were discouraged by the sudden onset of water-type pokemon around them. good, mika thought. let's wear you all down until the extraction unit comes. as rowan dealt with the stray, she ordered her prinplup and walrein to flank the group of torkoal, and continue the onslaught of brine and surf. [break][break]

ultimate, as hard shells cooled and fiery smoke cleared, mika felt confident for the first time that she was doing the right thing. the torkoals seemed dazed and tired after the flurry of attacks. she turned to rowan and asked, "is this sufficient enough? i think the torkoals are tired out now, but..."

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]