TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 4:01:31 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

He'd never been to the League's headquarters before, would say to anyone who asked that he'd just never had the opportunity.[break][break]
But that was a lie. Caleb had intentionally avoided it. The city reeked of broken promises and red tape, after all, famous for its impressive skyscrapers that looked down on you with a critical eye.[break][break]
Her office wasn't particularly hard to find, nestled in amongst the other big-wigs: men and women who were supposedly making "some kind of difference."[break][break]
He shouldered through the revolving doors, dismissive of the building's impressive architecture, stopping briefly to comply with government security before bypassing the front desk without so much as glancing at the sputtering secretary. He'd done his research, he knew councilwoman Morningstar had started holding open office hours at this time of day. He didn't need an appointment, and he certainly wasn't going to "sign in."[break][break]
He lingered in front of her closed door for half-a-second, sheathing his anger like a blade at his hip.[break][break]
Then he knocked.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Caleb is dressed in his Ranger uniform

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 21:21:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it feels a futile race against the clock. she must make an imprint, shore up her defenses, provide substance to her short tenure to protect herself against 's retribution. and perhaps he only wants her scared. perhaps he'll leave her to her own device, waiting for her to crash and burn all by her lonesome.

if all of this is truly by his design, she is already doomed.

her office door is open, inviting. they're new hours and unusual among the upper echelon of the league, so not many know of them yet. she spends those scant couple hours to herself, most of the time, taking time to catch up on paperwork and incoming news.

now, with half of her time used for her duties, eyelids drooping, she closes the door and consents her body's need for a nap. her lashes flutter as she sits back down, but she hasn't even relaxed her shoulders before there's a knock on her door.

surprised, she opens the door and finds herself face-to-face with a king. recognition flashes and is promptly smothered.

she's learned to take care around those who may not remember.

and besides, he looks like he wants to punch something. this will undoubtedly be awful.

"here for the office hours? come in."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 17:07:01 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The woman who opened the door was familiar, but not in the impersonal, detached way a person feels familiar when all you've ever seen is a picture of them - no, her mannerisms were familiar, as if he'd been accosted by her in a doorway once before. Or perhaps a meeting-hall. Or perhaps - [break][break]
"Thanks," he remembered to say. His anger had been diffused slightly by the sudden deja-vu, and so instead of shouldering past her, he awkwardly ambled forward instead.[break][break]
His eyes were drawn to a painting opposite the door, evoking the scent of sea salt, the taste of open-air freedom, the feel of warm sun on sweat-soaked skin, and his first thought was - where is that? - and his second thought - why did I come here?[break][break]
Why indeed.[break][break]
"My name is Caleb Harcourt," he said to her, as if that name ought to mean something - but of course, it didn't. He took the seat across from her desk even though he didn't feel like sitting. He felt suddenly uneasy, as if he had just entered a lair instead of an office. Depictions of dragons were reminders of such a legacy.[break][break]
She looked tired, though. As tired as he felt.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 0:27:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and is that recognition too? hope flares in her chest, but it dies as soon as his gaze fogs over, as the brain works to lay the curtain over his watercolor dreams. the disappointment fades from her own eyes in a practiced way, whatever emotions attached to it shoved, still-struggling, into a bottle. 

"nice to meet you, caleb harcourt," she says, somewhat amused. his gaze lingers on the painting of the bluffs and she looks to it as well, tracing achingly familiar brush strokes. 

"it's sootopolis. the view from my mother's cottage."

she clears her throat and gestures to his outfit. "so what can i do for a ranger?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 1:27:01 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Sootopolis.[break][break]
Whatever he'd expected, it wasn't that. That didn't resonate at all: not when Sootopolis had nearly been the death of him, his blood staining the sacred dunes a tortured red. The painting held the whispered promise of liberation, and that wretched island had only ever been a prison.[break][break]
Right. That's why he was here.[break][break]
"The League didn't come for me when I was held hostage - and tortured - by Rocket for nearly three months following the recent conflict at the Ancient Tomb." [break][break]
He shifted in his seat, crossed his arms so he wouldn't clench his fists, glared at the councilwoman.[break][break]
"The reason is obvious, but nobody will say it. Your peers lack the courage to own their hypocrisy."[break][break]
He wanted to believe her better than the others, but he had his doubts. He always had them these days, worn across his shoulders like a weathered cloak.[break][break]
"Is this really amnesty?"[break][break]
He wished it would be; if not for him, then for the others. For .

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 0:19:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and oh, how far she's come. four years and she's found her empathy. some would call it treason. most would call it weakness. she's still not so sure where she stands. 

but she is tired of abstracts and blanket statements. people are real. people like this man before her. people like . people like . all caught strangled in the wires of a battlefield strung up by decades-old predecessors, all of them cut trying to run from the real threats that plague them. 

gods and monsters and the fate of the universe and all that.

his expression darkens. the amused smile on her face dies down. that sentiment from earlier returns: this will undoubtedly be awful.

"you're not important enough for the resources it would have taken to find and save you," she says bluntly. "league-endorsed efforts to rescue even ex-head ranger were denied. she was rescued by a rogue team."

she rubs one eye, smudging days-old makeup.

"because we are a government body and must weigh the lives of the many over the few. and it is a terrible thing, that, but there are some here, like , like , like , and countless others, who are trying to do good with the hand we've been dealt."

hands lower, gray on her forefinger from the mascara.

"it's easy to be hateful. vitriol is fuel for the fire." she waves a hand to the still slightly cracked door. "but may as well get it out. close it and look at me, face of the league that i am, and tell me how i've failed you."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 0:48:54 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

? She couldn't possibly understand how much that name stung.[break][break]
Caleb's hands balled into fists, jaw clenching. He stood abruptly, pushed the door closed just short of a slam, then returned to his seat.[break][break]
She was right, of course. Her logic was sound. Of course a governing body had to pick and choose its priorities, it didn't have endless resources. The League had been under a tremendous amount of strain lately, anomaly after anomaly plaguing the citizenry of Hoenn, the people they were supposedly sworn to protect. That sort of thing put people like in the terrible position of needing to decide who might live and who might die at any given moment.[break][break]
And still, he was angry. Weak-willed. He did not have the self-compassion to recognize his feelings as so very human, so instead, he took her bait and hated himself for it.[break][break]
"Easy?" He hissed, leaning forward slightly. "You think this is easy for me?" He barked out a laugh that sounded only slightly unhinged (to his credit).[break][break]
Could she see the grief in his expression? If she took his hand in hers, would she be able to read the tragedy in the lines of his palm like a fortune teller? Caleb had been beaten, broken, abused, and tortured and still, none of it plagued him like his own self-loathing. Could Freya see that his anger wasn't really for her? For the League?[break][break]
I did this to myself. Hadn't Zev said as much? That insufferable monster - the brother who had so coldly disowned him - had been right.[break][break]
"There is someone I care about, someone recently defected from Rocket. I don't trust the League to care enough, so I need you to protect him." He paused, sucked in a breath. "That, or teach me how I can."[break][break]
He hadn't picked this woman out of a hat. He'd done his research. Stormy eyes found the metal Dragonaire display, as if to emphasize his point. They flicked back to the painting of Sootopolis next.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 0:52:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the door closes. she doesn't have to sculpt her mental fortitudes; nothing he says can sink into her skin. she is not a staunch supporter, blind with faith to those in orange, emblazoned suits. corruption dwells in every corner of this building, mucking up the grounds of the careless. the weak-willed. and the opportunists. 

though he does not lash out as she anticipates. his delusions slip through his teeth, denial plastered on his face in a hurried, messy notion. his grief is wrapped tightly wound in those layers and this, she knows too well. 

this hits too close to home. 

a muscle in her cheek flicks as she grits her teeth. she prepares for her mirror, her almost-not-quite doppelganger to spit more bottled poison, but none comes. worse, perhaps, is his resolve to protect someone else. 

she leans back abruptly. the fire does not die from her eyes, but it flickers with intrigue - and a hint of amusement? 

"you don't know me very well at all, ranger, if you trust i can care for your friend." memories prod at the still-bleeding wound at her chest. she follows his gaze to the portrait, but only so he does not see the pain that knifes through her. 

"i don't feel things for people," she says. "or, i guess that's not quite right. it takes a lot for me to feel things for people. i can count on one hand those i've ever truly cared about."

she does not marvel, does not linger, on their timestrung selves. she scatters the memory and clears her throat. 

"so i'll teach you."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:24:45 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb had already prepared his plea, all the ways he would beg for her assistance, should she write off his request as just another unfathomable indulgence amidst all of the other priorities she and the League were facing.[break][break]
To his utter disbelief, he needed none of it. Instead of the arrogance wrapped in diplomatic refusal expected of a League Councilmember, Caleb was presented with something so familiar it shocked the words right out of him.[break][break]
Self-loathing, bright like a lighthouse beacon, guiding him safely to shore.[break][break]
"Wanting something doesn't mean it's possible," he murmured, not meeting Angelo's eyes. "Doesn't make me worthy of it."
[break]
It was in that moment - seeing himself, so clearly, mirrored in the pain she could not hide from someone who knew it just as intimately - that he realized he could trust this woman.[break][break]
A tension snapped, a pretense crumbled. Anger melted away, soaked into the floor beneath their feet. In its wake came relief, and sorrow, and just enough hope to mean something. A meager candle-flame amidst a gathering storm, but sometimes, that's all you needed to see in the dark.[break][break]
He did not try to convince her that she was wrong about her ability to care. There was no point in it. Her suffering was her own, and he would not take that from her. So instead, he latched onto her offer to teach him. It was more than enough.[break][break]
"When can we start?" He asked softly, eager, and with conviction.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 23:11:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the anger leaves him as she agrees to indulge him. and she feels a riotous sickness in her stomach, rising in her throat. does she have that same power he had? can she take this grief-stricken, lost man, and mold him into something hateful? bend his knee to her and coax a loyalty that will never tarnish, even through countless treacheries? 

"this weekend," she says thickly and then swallows, frowning. 

"i'm assuming you know my specialty. you'll train among the dragons. i'll look over your file, but before friday, send your skills and your weaknesses to my assistant, ."

she picks up a pen and writes something haphazardly down in a beat-up planner. "and hold onto that anger, ranger harcourt. you'll need it before this is over."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,925 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Violent Retribution [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 3:57:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven