awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
smog: lars & little josh [rt]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:16:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

After the run through with with the Interdream Mist, he… he wasn’t sure if he was ready to face down the damned thing again.

The pink mist was definitely something terrible, especially when one had deep-seated fears that they did not want to expose to the rest of the world.

(His were few and far between, but they were all terrifying in equal measure.)

He then looked over at his companion for the day and sighed.

“I hope whatever shit we encounter isn’t as bad as the shit I saw the last time.”

participation — 50
post — 10

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 3:46:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Me too, Lars. Me too," Josh sighed, reduced to some of his newest fighters from the serious casualties his team had taken earlier in the day. Lars may have been able to infer how rough a day it had been when the Master of Faster had been reduced to his choice of steed being his Shiny Gogoat, Nitro. The bright green grass-type was among one of his strongest combatants, but his speed left something to be desired.

"Because you know what -- or who -- I saw in the mist last time I came here? None other than . In the flesh." He went into excruciating detail of how the mists had recreated their altercation, forcing him to not only fight against a manifestation of King Zing, but also to watch the whole thing from an external perspective. He got to see the inhuman violence he had subject Eris to. "I'd also be wary of the mist trying to form into a... certain thundercat. It did that last time I was here, too."

MP THIS THREAD: 10
Posts (10}

{WC: 171}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Nitro           Gogoat            Good
Oberon          Sceptile          Good
Yosei           Salamence         Good
Suzaku          Talonflame        Good
Rambi           Rhyhorn           Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 4:43:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There were few and far between things that truly terrified him.

Most of which he would prefer to keep hidden, thank you very much!

He noticed that the other’s steed was not the Manectric but a shiny Gogoat—and he frowned. Was that how bad the battle situation had been so far for him?

He sighed.

“That’s what happens when you see the purple variant of the pink stuff. I’ve seen reports this shit goes black, and… you do not want to know what appears when the black stuff manifests.”

He shuddered afterward.

“I’m not going to take it against you if you want to run or something when you see the mist, it’s just that… this thing. This shit does things to your mind in more ways than one.”

participation — 50
post — 20

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 5:32:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Purple? Pink? Black? Just how many colors were there? Josh had only seen two so far. And if the black stuff was worse... he didn't want to think about it. What could possibly be worse than what he saw the mist trying to murder Eris with the very Pokémon he had used to do so before?

"I'm aware. I've been here a few times. You know that Beedrill of mine the League's got locked up? I saw him here. I saw my Luxray here. I've already put it behind me... and yet it wants to keep haunting me. I just want to get this community service nonsense over with so I can be a Champion. That, and have money to spend on myself and not just on essentials."

That black manifestation would start to form as the temperature dropped. A lot. Even may have felt this one...

MP THIS THREAD: 20
Posts (20}

{WC: 149}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:01:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Sometimes there are things… that even if we try to let go of them, they just don’t… want to let go, if you get what I’m saying,” he hummed quietly.

Truly, what terrifying supernatural power did the mist hold—asides from bringing one’s best (and worst) desires and fears to life?

“How much time do you have left on your sentence?” he asked the other idly—looking around warily. Why was the temperature dropping?

Shit, his connection must be really out of whack if even he can tell the temperature’s dropping…

participation — 50
post — 30

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:41:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh felt Lars' remark like a MACH PUNCH to the gut. "It's that way with... Raikou. And to a lesser extent, Eris. I feel like I've got it under control again, but it's just something I truly can't let go." Being as of yet unaware of 's lack of clearance, he divulged information to the ex-Head Ranger he probably should not have. "I spoke with Commissioner about it. As far as the League is aware, Raikou's official status is 'missing', not 'dead'. I want to make a difference. I really do." And he was. He had repelled so many Rocket operatives already. . . . Even former Avatar . He was making a name for himself, wondering if the Commissioner would let him fill the open Elite Four spot even if on an interim basis. Interim Elite Four . That had a nice ring to it.

The young man on the Gogoat sighed. "About 1,400 hours. Thankfully I'm going to get a lot from this, because the League isn't paying me to be here. The only income I'm getting right now is my Gym Leader salary." The temperature continued to drop, both Nitro and rider shivering. "If it gets any colder, I might have to hop on my Talonflame instead."

MP THIS THREAD: 30
Posts (30}

{WC: 212}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:48:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Maybe it was a good thing he kept his… thing quiet for the moment.

(But it was all a matter of time before the deception would fall apart. Still, though…)

He didn’t realize his eyebrows had gone up when the other had mentioned how their favorite ‘thunder cat’ was missing, and not ‘dead’ as was previously known.

“Well, ain’t that a bit of hope now, eh?” he chuckled quietly as he kept his eyes peeled in case they were fucking snuck up on.

“Geez… that many hours? That’s…” he trailed off, idly realizing that what the fuck, that was a lot of hours to make up for, still.

Yikes. Still unable to like, find another sideline job for extra income?”

Which he, in fact, had defaulted back to—the courier service he currently worked for was slightly surprised to see him picking up more deliveries than usual.

participation — 50
post — 40

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:59:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It is," Josh again sighed, though his community service would keep him too busy to truly pursue the Johtonian god of speed in any capacity. "And the League needs him more than ever. With how much the war's escalated, if there was a time for him to seek me out, it's now."

"It was far worse before got involved," the Gym Leader revealed. "My original sentence was 4,000 hours of community service, but he reduced it to 3,000 when he reinstated me as Gym Leader. Since then, I've been working every single Ranger ticket unpaid to get that total down." He laughed at the idea of picking up another job. "It's not finding work that's the issue. It's time. You know they won't allow me to become a Champion until I get these hours logged, right?"

The discussion about Raikou funneled his mind toward Lars' Patron. "Speaking of which, how is Articuno doing? Any better? I would love to race the two of you again when you're at full strength."

MP THIS THREAD: 40
Posts (40}

{WC: 173}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 13:09:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Geez, what the hell,” he cringed. Four thousand hours? The kid would be working even in the grave at that point!

“And you’re pretty much halfway there…” he added a few moments afterward before sighing. The good thing was, he wasn’t hiding under any masks anymore and just about made up his mind to tell the little Josh that he was—

When he caught sight of something… bad.

“Oh no, oh shit, oh fuck!” he hissed as he saw not pink, not purple, but outright dark-purple, almost black smoke seeping in from… somewhere.

“Run!”

participation — 50
post — 50
interdream mist spawn — 10

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 8:01:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Yeah, it's horrible. Even 3,000 hours... you know that's 40 hours a week for a year and a half, right?" Josh quickly did the math in his head. "Between that and my Gym Leader duties, I get almost no time to myself. Every single day after work, I'm bushed. Feels like I'm working two jobs." He technically was; the former Head Ranger may have noticed a substantial increase in Ranger tickets worked since March.

"You don't have to tell me to run!" Josh yelped, reining his Gogoat away from the black smoke. "You have a ride, hop on it and let's beat feet!" In the event he didn't, the young man would send out his Sceptile, Oberon, for Lars to hop on. The grass-type was certainly unconventional for the task, but could he put on some speed.

MP THIS THREAD: 60
Posts (50)
Aid a thread partner (10)

{WC: 138}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 10:26:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could only cringe the moment the other did the math for him.

“Yikes. Three years?” he remarked with the cringe only getting worse the more the gravity of the situation set in. “And unpaid, too?”

He couldn’t help but wonder if the other was a sucker for punishment, working unpaid hours for the Rangers while in the middle of… that.

Unfortunately the only ride he had with him was Amir the Silvally, and there was no way he was going to risk getting caught in the curlicues of the mist, no, no way, not in the ten circles of Hell…

A Dusk Ball pulled out, and the Silvally hit the ground running—which meant he only had enough time to make the leap once before the Pokémon made a mad dash for it.

“Wait for me!” he yelled, not wanting to risk seeing any doppelgangers in the deep purple mist that was chasing them down…

participation — 50
post — 60

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 8:18:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No, what I mean is that I've got half of the 3,000 hours done. The original 4,000 hours was two years' equivalent," the Master of Faster corrected Lars' math. "Came straight from 's Accountability department. She doesn't mess around."

Sacrificing sturdiness for speed, Josh stepped down from Nitro's back and sat in Oberon's saddle himself. He withdrew the Gogoat, ready to flee at the super speed the Gym Leader was famous for. Amir was quite fast, too, the grass-type only just able to keep up. He wondered how the Silvally would perform on his race track. Perhaps he would be a good opponent for Raikiri, recalling how poorly Articuno performed the last time they were at his Gym.

"Faster, Oberon! Faster!" Josh cried, wanting to get as far away from the swirling mist as possible. Unfortunately for him, Oberon had not been racing-trained, and did not know a single move that could boost his speed. If this mist was bad enough to scare an Avatar away, it had to be way out of his league.

MP THIS THREAD: 80
Posts (60)
Interdream Mist (10)

{WC: 177}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 18:34:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He didn’t want to look back at where the deep purple mist was coming from. He already knew what was going to come out of there if he dared stay around and stayed to find out…

Considering he’d already heard that voice the last time, who knew if it was going to be…

“Laurence?”

That made him stop cold. It wasn’t , it wasn’t , it wasn’t even cousin dearest either.

It was… it was the worst voice he would ever hear coming out of there…

“Where are you going?” that same quiet voice continued the more he put on speed and made to run the fuck away. He could feel the bile and the gastric acid rising in his throat should he dare look around…

Nope, nope, nope, nope!

“Move!” he all but screeched, urging the Silvally to go top speed with a Tailwind!

participation — 50
post — 70

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 19:49:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't hear the voice Lars did; the wind from his Sceptile's great pace drowned out its words. Unaware of its presence, Josh continued to tail Lars the best he could. Out of range of Amir's TAILWIND, Oberon simply was not fast enough to keep up, the Gym Leader trying to keep an eye on the Silvally as it faded into the mist from his perspective.

Worse yet, whatever was mimicking 's voice was catching up to him, to the point where even he could hear it over the roaring winds. With Raikiri and many of his electric Pokémon out of commission from other battles, the Sceptile was the fastest land Pokémon the young man had left. The figure continued to gain on him until it got within range to do something unpleasant to him or his grass-type mount. Or both.

MP THIS THREAD: 90
Posts (70)
Interdream Mist (10)

{WC: 143}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 7:52:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Why are you leaving me behind?”

The words made his own blood run cold; far colder than it normally should have been. This was… this was terrifying, to say the least.

“Amir, go faster! Or can’t you?!” he all but screamed, deliberately hiding his face in the Silvally’s ‘mane’ while the synthetic Pokémon put on the gas pedal and soon began to gain on where little Josh had sprinted ahead.

“Come on, come on, come the fuck on!” he yelled as the Silvally then used Tailwind again to bring the other within running distance so they could get the fuck out of there!

Or at the very least put as much distance between themselves and the mist if at all possible. There were still so many unanswered questions…

participation — 50
post — 80
help another character — 10