jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:53:50 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

As Jack stepped from the teleportation terminal into Mossdeep City, he was greeted by the late summer sea breeze. He smiled, taking a moment away from the non-stop activity of the past month to just enjoy the warm sun on his face. This was the reason he had returned to Hoenn: the simple moments and joys of living. He headed down the street into the city, marveling at the Space Center dominating the horizon. Pulling out his phone, Jack sent a text to Nenet, letting her know he had arrived. He had been thrilled when she responded positively about him coming to visit and bringing one of the pokemon he had caught with her along for the purpose of socialization. Maybe while he was here, Nenet could also teach him about ultra space.[break][break]

Speaking of socialization, better get started. Jack grabbed a pokeball from his belt, releasing the Bastiodon onto the street where Jack was careful to keep his enormous head from smashing into anything.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Mission: Bond Bridge[break]
Bewitching Brews: Ultra Space[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 20:19:57 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Tapping away at an email, Nenet's gaze casts to the side at the chime on her phone. Catching Jack's name on the display banner, she quickly finished her request for information access to Hokulani most recent Minior counts before hitting enter.

[break][break]
Leaving her office, she takes the elevator spies Jack and his Bastiodon outside the glass. Releasing her Skeledirge from its pokeball, the crocodile perks up and it's only by virtue of Nenet's sharp correction that it doesn't go crashing through the glass to greet the pair. To her relief the Skeledirge pulls up short of several cardboard cut-outs of Ultra Beasts advertising their Ultra Space exhibit.

[break][break]
"I think this one's excited to see that one again," Nenet says by way of greeting, a snort sounding from the woman as the Skeledirge barrels over and into the Bastiodon by way of its own greeting. She then says, "It's good to see you again."

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Bond Bridge.[break]
- Bewitching Brews: Ultra Space.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:00:12 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Likewise!" Jack responded to Nenet, feeling that it was genuinely good to see her. "Thanks for letting us bother you at work, too. This guy definitely needed to get out and with everything going on lately, my readers are dying for a blog post about the Space Center." At mention of the Bastiodon, Jack glanced over to see the rock pokemon gently headbutting Skeledirge. Jack pressed a firm hand on the pokemon's back and shook his head sternly until the behavior stopped.[break][break]

"Think we'll be okay in here or should we head outside? I don't want these guys breaking something and getting you in trouble with your boss," Jack asked with a worried look at the ultra beast standees nearby.

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: Ultra Beasts[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:47:31 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Of course," Nenet answers. "We love a bit of free publicity for the exhibits, so really you're doing us a favour."
[break][break]
She eyes the two overly-large pokemon as they seem to casually nudge each other's shoulder like a pair of children promising they're not really rough housing. With a snort, she shakes her head and then asserts, "Let's go in. The exhibit room should be large enough for them to keep out of trouble."
[break][break]
Nenet tips her chin towards the Observatory's doors and guides Jack and the pokemon inside as she explains, "We've recently upgraded the exhibit with Ultra Beast models done by a local artist. We don't have everything that's been discovered on display yet - the artist likes to work from the real thing - but I think you'll like the ones we do have."
[break][break]
As she speaks Skeledirge waddles into the exhibit room as if he owned the place and peers up at the newly constructed Poipole model, his tail awag as he grumbles at Bastiodon.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Bewitching Brews: Ultra Beasts.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 22:06:10 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Accompanied by rapid shutter clicks, Jack snapped some photos of the exhibit hall, careful to angle them in a way that showed the exhibit without revealing too much, though the Poipole featured prominently in the foreground. It was enough to expose his readers to the Ultra Beasts while still enticing any locals or tourists reading to still come visit for the full experience. The photography took a little longer than it usually would have since Bastiodon took any opportunity Jack wasn't watching him to try to headbutt Skeledirge or one of the Ultra Beast models.[break][break]

"People are going to love this, what a well-done exhibit!" Jack enthused to Nenet as he rotated his body, redirecting Bastiodon away from one of the models for the fifth time. "If you don't mind sharing, I bet people would love to hear about your current research or your experience as a prominent scientist here at the Space Center. I can always leave your name out of the interview if you'd prefer privacy," he tilted his head curiously as he slipped his camera back into his pack. He added a stern look at Bastiodon, who for once this trip wasn't into mischief but looked entirely too innocent to not be up to something.

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: Ultra Beasts[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 0:30:13 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

The steady click of the camera's shutter filled the air, along with Bastiodon and Skeledirge's scurrying shenanigans. If they weren't attempting to headbutt one another then Skeledirge was very delicately trying to place his mouth over Bastiodon's leg as if he could just take it for later.
[break][break]
"It's been certainly a labour of love keeping it updated," Nenet answers, a small laugh sounding from her as she speaks. "Mmm, let's see. So most of my work is behind the scenes, if you will. My official job here is an Astronomical Observer, which in essences means I record pictures of celestial objects and then crunch math and physics problems to learn more about it."
[break][break]
"I also do general lessons here at the Observatory and we host a wide range of classes for both children and adults to sit through. I can email you a list of what all we host, that will certainly be easier than listing everything out."

[break][break]
As she goes to speak more Nenet suddenly stills and peers around Jack's shoulder. Just as she suspected - the sight of her Skeledirge climbed up the back of Jack's Bastiodon greeted her. The crocodile's mouth is poised over a small model of a planet seen in Ultra Space held by a wire from the ceiling, and at Nenet's narrowed gaze and pointed, "Drop it," the Skeledirge suddenly flails atop the Bastiodon's back in an attempt to flee.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Bewitching Brews: Ultra Beasts.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 0:54:03 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"I'm not sure how but your job sounds even cooler than the last time we talked," Jack grinned as he took notes on his tablet. "A list of programs would be great, I'll keep a look out for your e-mail before I publish this.[break][break]

At Nenet's word of command, Jack looked up from his notes in time to see Skeledirge scramble in vain before sliding off of Bastiodon's back to hit the floor with a soft whump. A model ultra space planet swung wildly above the heads of the pokemon while Bastiodon looked anywhere except at the two trainers as if not seeing them would make them somehow not exist.[break][break]

Jack kneeled down in front of the shield pokemon, looking directly into his eyes before calmly saying, "If you two don't cut this shit out, Nenet and I are going to take you both down to the beach and we are going to run through the sand until no one has enough energy to cause any trouble."[break][break]

Jack stood up and smiled at Nenet before continuing as if nothing had happened, "Is there anything readers should know about the difference between space space and ultra space?"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 1:13:43 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's attention turns back to Jack, a look of approval crossing her expression as the man kneels to scold the pokemon. Skeledirge has the good graces to look properly scolded, his head tucked down and tail pulled around his little gremlin feet until Jack turns away. It releases a loud harumph directed at the back of Jack's shins.
[break][break]
Shaking her head subtly at the pokemon, she answers, "Ultra Space is what we would consider an interdimensional realm - one not native to this one. It seems to only be accessible - at least from what I know - through wormholes. It has its own lifeforms and flora, though some of it seems markedly similar to our own."
[break][break]
With a little hum, she admits, "It's been a pet project of mine to study a pokemon from Ultra Space and compare it to one found here in Hoenn. Some Ultra Space pockets seem filled with only Ultra Beasts while others hold common pokemon found here as well."
[break][break]
"But with that in mind, space space what we observe during the night sky. It's the outer expanse beyond this earth and is filled with celestial bodies that we can readily observe. An easy way to consider it might be space is our native species, while Ultra Space is an exotic species - something which may have devastating effects on the local ecosystem. Only time will tell."

NOTES

- .[break]
- Bewitching Brews: Ultra Space/Ultra Beasts/Wormholes.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 3:01:17 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack nodded as he tapped away on his tablet, taking notes as Nenet explained about ultra space. He was fascinated by her explanation, not only for his blog but also his personal knowledge. He wondered silently if the Mechanical Kingdom he had been visiting with was in ultra space. Either the League needed to provide better information to its employees or Jack needed to pay better attention during his assignment briefings.[break][break]

Jack was so enraptured by Nenet's lecture that when he finished his notes, he looked up in panic for the two pokemon and whatever trouble they might be causing. Instead, he found Bastiodon and Skeledirge sitting quietly nearby, playing some non-destructive game where they tried tapping each other's feet while keeping their noses pressed together. Jack beamed broadly at Nenet and the pokemon.[break][break]

"That is really fascinating! Thank you for taking the time to explain everything and to show off the facility," Jack said, extending his hand for a handshake. "I'll send you a draft copy before I publish anything, just in case you want me to change anything out or if something doesn't align with your organization's communication guidelines."[break][break]

Jack gestured to the two temporarily well-behaved pokemon and said, "I'd best be on my way. Probably good to end on a high note with these two, anyway."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 0:33:47 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Of course. Thank you for doing the write up. I'll give public relations a head's up to expect an email for you."
[break][break]
Nenet then looks over to the quietly playing pokemon, mirth colouring her expression as she watches the pair play. "Well," she muses, "they finally found something to keep themselves busy with that wouldn't get them in trouble."
[break][break]
Giving a shake of her head, Nenet ushers Jack and the pokemon around the Poipole model and towards the front doors. "It was a pleasure to have you out," Nenet says as they walk. "If you ever have any questions or want to do a follow up feel free to email me at that Mossdeep email I sent you. Otherwise you have my person number if you'd like to catch up sometime."
[break][break]
She takes Jack's hand to shake as she sees him off from the front door; the Skeledirge stares mournfully after his friend, a little wag offered when the Bastiodon looks back.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Bewitching Brews: Ultra Space.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Building Bonds [M]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:36:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: