TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
Going As a Panicked Mom For Halloween [M][O]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 15:54:45 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]

[attr="class","samjermain"]
With a Halloween party approaching, Calpurnia thought it’d be a lovely day to take little Zinny costume shopping. And, while she had not found a prepackaged alien ballerina costume, she was relatively proud of what they cobbled together. Her own costume—far more sultry—was stuffed into an opaque bag of its own. As if the cashier thought touching would somehow corrupt the little girl beside her.

Little light-up shoes caught her eye as the toddler stamped away, totally over costume shopping. “Zinnia!” Guilty purple eyes met her mother with a cheeky grin. Calpurnia’s voice was stern. “Do not go too far. Purrsy and I will be right out.” With a happy chirp, the woman swiped her card. After a few seconds of flirting with the clerk she followed the girl outside.

Then, her heart dropped. Her daughter wasn’t in the car. Nor was she right outside the door where she asked her to wait. “Zinnia?!” Next to her, Perseus began to sniff the area, his nose wrinkled. The place was too busy for that. And, what he could detect of her, had just vanished. With a panicked expression, Kelpie ran inside. As if the child had somehow made it past her with an invisibility cloak.

“Purrseus, go left, please.”
Even the normally emotionless cat looked perturbed. He did as asked. He liked Zinnia. She was sweet and always snuck him the best treats.

Twenty minutes later, any sense of composure was gone. The woman’s normally pristine appearance was in shambles. Her makeup ran down her cheeks. The perfectly curled coiff was a mess of stray hair. Forgetting she had a car, the woman took off down the nearest street. Claw-like hands reached for a stranger’s shoulder, gripping it firmly.

“Excuse me!” Her heart pounded in her ear. “Have you seen her!?” She flipped her phone toward the stranger. A miniature of her mother with her father's nose and a bunch more fussy curls. Her baby. It might be hard to make out, however. Calpurnia's hands shook.
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px; background-color: #C48EE8;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;border-top: 3px #C48EE8 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-bottom: 3px #C48EE8 solid;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 22:33:22 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Ah, the fall. Soyeon enjoyed the more chilly season for the less hot weather and the ability to wear cuter sweaters. She sat on the park bench in Mauville City, having come in order to get some fresh air from the laboratory. She was reading a rather thick book that was a study of genetics based from a professor over in Kalos for her work research. Besides her was Vacoule, who was resting as per usual. The baby Bulbasaur was busy napping the afternoon away while his owner was reading. They had been there for a bit before Soyeon felt her stomach growl while reading. It had been a bit since breakfast and Vacoule was likely hungry, so they may as well go find some place for food. She stuffed the book underneath her arm while Vacoule would stretch out once shaken awake. "Come along, Vacoule. Let's stretch out legs for a bit."

The two walked from their spot in the park and were out and about near the streets. She was dressed fairly unassuming, another sweater, pants, and sneakers. It wasn't too flashy but Soyeon didn't exactly want it to be. She would rather stay unassuming and keep her head out of trouble, unlike some direct agents of Rocket. The woman went along the way of the concrete jungle before a hand fell on her shoulder. Out of habit, she spun around and pushed herself away without see who it was. "What're you-" A gasp left her mouth as she looked at the person that had tugged at her shoulder.

"Mrs. Kubrick?!" she asked, surprised by the state of this woman's appearance. While usually more proper, Calpurnia looked entirely disheveled. "Wh-What happened?"

Her eyes shot to the phone as it became more and more obvious what had happened. The picture, the crying emotion of a superior. Soyeon's heart broke upon connecting the dots as she shook her head with a frown. "I haven't, but please, calm down! I'll help you look for her!" she said, holding onto Calpurnia as she tried her best to calm her down. "Where was the last place you saw her? And then does she have any favorite places around here?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 1:33:52 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]

[attr="class","samjermain"]
Familiar hands shoved Calpurnia back. But this did nothing to alter her trajectory. Like some rabid creature, the scientist lunged forward again. A hand fell toward Soyeon’s shoulder. This time its claws dug inward like falcon claws, aiming to resist being shaken off. “I—I just told you.” Her normally schooled terms were frantic. The intonation is aggressive.

No sense of recognition followed. Not immediately. Only when the other woman called her name did the spell break. Desperate fingers fell away, a hand lifting to Kelpie’s mouth in a show of confused shock. “Miss Kwan.” She managed to regain some control, though her eyes continued to erratically roam the street. As if her daughter might be hiding in one of the storefront windows that cluttered the street. Or had somehow fallen into a sewer grate.

The fact that this was an inferior beckoned Calpurnia to regain some sense of control. She forced rapid, shallow breathing into a more consistent tempo. “I—I would appreciate the assistance.” Even as she said it, an inner part of her rebelled. She did not like having to depend on anyone. Not her parents. Not her husband. And, certainly, not her backstabbing, needy coworkers. The questions helped further ground the woman.

These were the sorts of questions she needed to be asking, instead of running about like a headless Torchic sstrapped to a firecracker. Though still distressed, she lifted a hand to straighten one side of her hair. “We—we were at the Halloween store.” She gestured. “I told her to go to the car, but she didn’t make it.” At the talk of favorite places, she thought of the toy store and a nearby cookie stand. “She might have gone to Henderson's, but it's not like her.”

Filled with a phantom hope, she made to grab the other woman’s hand and drag her back in the direction they had come from.

Purrseus, meanwhile, had discovered a strange smell. It reminded him of a psychiatrist’s office—cologne, leather, and the taint of tears. He also found a cracked bit of round rock. A string had wrapped around the sewer grate, preventing it from falling into the sewer. Where has Zinnia gone? What kind of beast would steal a child?

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px; background-color: #C48EE8;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;border-top: 3px #C48EE8 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px;background-color:#C48EE8;border-bottom: 3px #C48EE8 solid;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
196 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 21:24:30 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Calpurnia's claws dug into Soyeon's shoulder blades, causing the younger scientist to let out a soft wince as how hard so was gripped her. To see a superior like this was beyond heart-wrenching, especially separating a mother and her child. Yet she continued to weather the storm and try and support Calpurnia through arguably one of the worst experiences any person could go through. After a moment of reflection, or possibly just the worst case scenario running through her head, she let go of her shoulder. It was Soyeon's turn to put a hand on her Kelpie's shoulder and give the woman her undivided attention. "I'd be glad to help, Mrs. Kubrick. I know it's hard, but you have to be calm. The more hysterical you become, the harder this becomes. We're going to find her, one way or another, we just have to follow her trail." She gave the other woman's shoulder a soft squeeze before internally panicking. Usually she wasn't supposed to be the one in charge and taking command of others, but here she was. The idea of taking command of even just one mission was enough to cause enough stress for her to ran back to the lab and destress.

For somebody's lost child, it was a price she was willing to pay.

Calpurnia took hold of her hand and dragged Soyeon back in the direction of where they had came, off to the Halloween store. She walked with her while diving into her bag and throwing out a Pokeball. Ignis' form appeared behind the two while Soyeon called out to him, "Fly up in the air and point out any children who might be lost or scared!" The Charizard huffed and took off into the skies, offering the two a way to get an aerial view of the city while they would hit the streets. They continued to walk while Soyeon looked back to her superior, hoping she was at least calmer than before. Vacoule jumped off of his position from Soyeon's arms and followed along the two women on their journey. "What's their name, Mrs. Kubrick? And what do they look like?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 1:17:25 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The touch on her shoulder makes the woman stiffen. It’s like someone touched a feral cat with electric gloves. Her normally honeyed tones are barbed like cactus. Violet eyes narrow with a look of indignation. Her tongue lashes like a cat o’ nines. “Calm!? Do you know what some pervert--!” A look at a nearby window stops her mid-sentence. The woman looking back was some anxious hag. “Nnnmm.” Her eyes flick up to the offending hand as she tries to regain some semblance of control. Embarrassment colors high cheekbones.
[break][break]

Finally, her breath escapes in a long hiss. A broken version of the mask slips back into place. “You’re right, love. Excuse me.” They had to be more methodical about this. Zinnia wouldn’t be found by them running in circles like a headless Torchic. Eventually, they reach the front of the stores. Almost hopefully, violet eyes slide to her SUV. But it’s dark and locked. The booster seat is unoccupied.
[break][break]

A few puffs of air seem to help center her. Inside, however, her entire being trembles. As Soyeon’s Charizard appears, Calpurnia debates on following suit. But, in the end, Mel remains caged. The last thing she needed was some male bravado. As they walked past the car, the scientist turned to face her companion. “It’s Zinnia.” Her lips perk up slightly. “Everyone says she’s my doppelganger.”
[break][break]

She turns the phone toward Soyeon. On it, the little girl is trying on a costume. She has a shy smile and curious eyes. Somehow, she’s already stained the dress. The resemblance is impossible to deny. The sight of that image draws moisture to her lashes. “It’s not like her to just wander off.” It felt wrong. But how had she gotten lost less than 10 yards from the car?
[break][break]

Perseus, meanwhile, stares down into the sewer grate. There, on the cement, he sees a glimmer of pink. With an irritable hiss, the normally lazy cat runs back the way he came.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Purrsy out here being a judgmental queen[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
196 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 2:47:50 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon held her hands to try and quell the anger that Calpurnia was outputting. She was worried too, but no doubt it was a fraction of what her superior would be doing. But she did have a moment of reflection and actually managed to calm her nerves for a bit while she fished around in her pockets for a device that could show her a photograph of what the girl must have looked like. Meanwhile, Soyeon looked up to see the speck of Ignis flying around overhead. He wasn't coming out in a hurry, which meant that he was just as hard at work as the two of them were. Once Calpurnia did show her phone over to the scientist, Soyeon was greeted to the picture of her face. Zinnia was adorable, that kind of innocence that could capture in time like this and always be able to feel in awe of her.

"Zinnia, huh? She's cute." she commented then smiled up at Calpurnia. Unsure of what to say, her mind was went with the next natural follow up that had slipped past her filter. "Just like her mooooooo..." Shit! Did she almost just say that out loud? And to a woman who was stressed out over losing her daughter?! Her eyes gave away her panic while she tried to reel back in with her idea. The Bulbasaur by her would looked up in confusion before she cleared her throat. "Oooother than that, I think I have enough I can go on. Y-Yeah!" She turned around to deny the woman making eye contact and to hide that faint blush on her cheeks before pointing down the streets around. It would be best if they split up their efforts. Remaining a duo lessened the likelihood of being able to manage enough of a distance to stumble across her.

After a moment of taking a moment to let the color run out of her cheeks, Soyeon spun around to face Calpurnia. "We should split up and cover more ground that way. Here." Soyeon tore off a part of her receipt from an earlier coffee run and then scribbled her number on it before handing it to Calpurnia. "You stick to the general area around the car and the shops here. Maybe she might find her way back. I'll search up and down the streets and call you if I find anything." She said, then hoped the plan sounded fine. If not, remaining together would work, though she'd be worried. "We will find her, Ms. Kubrick. Believe me."

Soyeon began to walk down across the street when her Bulbasaur stopped at a sewer grate. His cry had made his trainer stop in place, as the woman quickly hurried over. "Vacoule?" she asked, looking down at the grate. "What've you found?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights