[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When all's said and done, it really would be a problem for Howard if anyone saw him talking to her. So she chooses one of the nicest ways to solve his problem, which is to knock him out and make sure he can't quite be held responsible. Sure, he might get a few jabs for being taken out by a kid but with the whole field full of blast marks and an unconscious Snorlax laying just a few meters away, he could probably (?) make up some lie that he fought valiantly.[break][break]

Should she just leave him lying here though? There comes the next question. Leaning right over him, she pokes his cheeks just to check how deeply he's fallen into slumber. Should she leave one of her pokemon here to guard him until he's picked up? What if a Leaguer finds him before Rocket does?[break][break]

Maybe she could hijack his comms and try to call in reinforcements...
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sky: Shred & Eris
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 10:37:44 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but you might just be the smartest man to ever live.

Seriously. What's everyone else doing in the battle? Gathering information, defending positions, and attacking points of information. Meanwhile, you're here in a cave, sitting on a folding chair, drinking Dr Perky and eating Cream Betweens. And at the end of it all? You're going to be filthy stinking rich!

Operation Yoink truly is your magnum opus. All of the pieces are moving just as they should. Should you contact the League now, or hold off until the next round of captives come back?

"Hmmmm."

You make a thinking noise out loud as you lean back in your chair, stroking your chin. On one hand, you're impatient. On the other, you're greedy. But which one is better to be right now?

As you ponder the problem, you idly reach for your phone. Might as well call Howard while you mull it over. Maybe an update from the frontlines will sway you one way or the other? Or maybe hearing about Howard's struggles will just be a fun diversion from what is, frankly, a pretty boring cavern. Either way, it can't hurt.

Ring ring, ring ring…

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 11:00:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Forget rifling about his pockets looking for a radio. An unfamiliar ringtone starts playing, a voice singing vaguely about... Brycen-Man and some scheme to ruin the Tauros industry. Now, she has no idea what that might be or how much hates Tauros, but what she does understand is that she might just have found a ticket to ensuring his safety.[break][break]

Instead of that crooked hangup tone or the whole cursed answering machine spiel of how he's about to rake in the big money with all his funeral urns so check in next year for whatever money he owes, the person on the other end would hear the call being picked up in one ring. And then a quiet clearing of throats as she tries to piece together what to say.[break][break]

Howard's incapacitated? Taking a bit of a nap on the beach? Just made a horrible deal to pass on all his earthly possessions (of 2 bottlecaps, those few cents in his pockets, a whole bunch of ashes and SHINY ROCKS??) to her if he perishes?[break][break]

"Uhm... hi there? Are you Howard's special someone?"[break][break]

Absolutely fucking nailed it.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 17:46:11 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...Wha...?"

Okay, so there's a lot going on here. Why is there a girl picking up Howard's phone? And why is she so young? Is she Howard's daughter? Does Howard have kids? No, that wouldn't make sense. Knowing that bitchless bozo, he's probably infertile from huffing primeval fossil fumes from ages past. But then, if that wasn't it, then who was she? And if Howard was on the battlefield, why was a child answering the phone? And SERIOUSLY, who the fuck started a conversation like that?!

You consider hanging up. Clearly, is dealing with some silly bullshit that you don't want to get tangled up in. That'll be best for the both of you, because really, you're not good with children. There's something about you that simply upsets them, which causes them to start screaming and crying, and that just pisses you off. Still, your alternative choice is to keep sitting in silence and staring at the ceiling, so you suppose this is a slightly, SLIGHTLY, better option.

"No. No I'm not." You deadpan, as though the mere insinuation that you and Howard could be an item was unworthy of even serious consideration. "Look, I don't know what's going on here, kid, but just put Howard on the phone, alright? I want to talk to him."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 3:07:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Damn. No go on that peek into Howard's love life. Something about the voice seems familiar, but his question is what grabs her attention in the moment.[break][break]

"Oh, he's taking a nap right now. I just knocked him out." Admission seems so much easier when you can't see what the other person's expressions are. And said sleeper really is enjoying his brief moment of honkshoomimimi after getting his ass thoroughly beat by an angsty Snorlax.[break][break]

She's definitely met this person, they're definitely one of those that probably did something really stupid to stick out in her memories. She can do it. She can place her finger on it if she just tries hard enough...

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 10:09:17 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...Huh…"

Well, this conversation is just full of surprises, isn't it? Howard Slayte, a twenty-something year old man, lost a fight to a literal actual child. You take a moment to let that revelation sink in. Wow. That's gotta be a new low for him, and coming from a guy like you, that's a damning indictment. All things considered, it's actually pretty funny.

…And then you actually consider all things, and it becomes a lot less funny. In fact, it isn't funny at all. Howard's been captured by the enemy! And, knowing him, he'll snitch you out at the first opportunity if it means he can get out of trouble!

"I see." You mutter, successfully resisting the urge to swear at this eight year old. It seems you'll have to put Operation Yoink on hold, at least for now. Jumping out of your chair, you begin to hastily don your disguise, fumbling with the buttons of your trench coat as you pry for more information. "And, where are you and Howard right now?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 23:48:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"On the beach?"[break][break]

Ignore the fact that practically 90% of this island is surrounded by beach. She's sure that if Howard's Nosepass were awake, she could give a rough cardinal direction but...[break][break]

"Are you coming to pick him up?"[break][break]

That would solve the whole worry of leaving Howard to whatever wild pokemon finds him first, right?

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 0:50:58 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
A beach. A featureless, directionless, and entirely indistinct beach. That really narrowed it down, didn't it? Now instead of searching all of Route 105, you just have to scour the dozen or so beaches. Simple! It's just as easy as finding a needle in a haystack, but the haystack is also an active warzone! It's practically child's play!

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffine! It's fine! Everything is just fine. Just stay there, alright? Stay there. STAY THERE. DON'T MOVE FROM THAT BEACH. I WILL FIND YOU. I'LL BE THERE SOON."

As you hang up your phone, you take a moment to think about the nightmarishly complex task you just signed yourself up for, and the regret immediately sets in. Maybe it would have been better to let Howard get taken to a black site by League agents? It certainly would've been less torturous than what you're about to go through. Still, what's done is done. All you can do now is put the mask upon your face, put the hat upon your head, and steel your resolve as you begin your agonisingly long and frustratingly vague hunt.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 22:49:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]In all honesty, she wouldn't have minded if he swore. Another coin to her swear jar is always a nice addition.[break][break]

"But what if-"[break][break]

Oh, he's hung up. Left with nothing but a dull tone to fill the silence, she eventually puts the phone away as she frowns and looks up to the sky. He had told her not to move, but what if Howard got heatstroke from just laying here under the sun? Or what if the tides decided to grow that much higher and sweep him right out to sea?[break][break]

Down returns her attention, her eye sweeping the beach for anything and eventually figures... there's nothing much she can do. At least, not without the help of her pokemon. And so out comes her Heatran, letters hastily scratched into the sand as she tells them of her plan.[break][break]

The ground rumbles, Stone Edges jutting from the sand and forming the crudest rendition of her scrawls that would be seen from up high - The exact words of 'Heword Slate', and an arrow pointing right to his unconscious body.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 16:56:53 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Forty-seven minutes. That's how long it takes to find the particular beach you're looking for. Forty-seven minutes spent flying around on the back of your Golurk, narrowly avoided enemy combatants and artillery fire, spent flying to every dune and sandbar you can see. Eventually, however, you manage to spot a conveinent S.O.S on one particular beach, like the kind you'd see in a movie about castaways on a deserted island. Heword Slate... Yeah, this is your stop.

"Take us down, bud."

CONFIRMATION: Affirmative.

With that, roaring thrusters begin to quiet, and your altitude begins to lower. It isn't long before a pair of stone-carved feet touch down on the sand. As you climb off the back of your Golurk and down to the beach, you quickly clock the location of Howard's body and the girl. Alright! Time to get this over with.

"You." You point a finger towards the child, wreathed in the questionable personality of this masked, coated figure you've disguised yourself as. "Hand over the body. Now."

Shred's Disguise
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 21:18:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What do you say to someone descending from the heavens in one of the funkiest outfits you've ever seen, and telling you to hand over the body?[break][break]

"I can't, I got someone coming to pick him up." She may say that, but this person sounds rather similar to the one she's heard over the phone. So she mimics his stance, pointing her own finger back at him. "Tell me something only that person would know!"[break][break]

She can't just let be kidnapped by some weird man.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 1:36:14 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Wha..."

Oh boy. It's going to be one of those interactions, isn't it? You can feel a swear (fuck's sake) rising up your throat, but you manage to bite your tongue. No, no, this is fine. You just need to explain to this child that they're a dumb idiot moron that doesn't understand what they're talking about. How hard can that be?

"How would you even know something that only I could know, idiot?" You snap, crossing your arms to hammer home just how foolish the question was. "Look, I'm far too busy to play children's games, especially with someone as stupid as you. Hurry up and hand him over."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 11:12:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's so close. Now that she hears his colourful language, she feels like she's most definitely heard it somewhere bef-[break][break]

"AH!" Bright is the thought that crosses her mind, her fingers snapping together with the words on her tongue. "You're THAT guy! You know? The whole..."[break][break]

Leaning against thin air, she rips off a pretend pair of sunglasses and tosses it high into the air as she points towards the sky.[break][break]

"SIGNATURE KILL: MURDER ROULETTE!"[break][break]

Then she looks back to him and smiles. and him had seemed rather friendly back then, so maybe it'd be fine.[break][break]

"Did I get that one right, Mister Shred?"

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 23:17:00 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
UH OH.

It's a good thing you're wearing a mask, because it helps to hide your devastating facial flinch. This child knows who you are? She was involved in the whole bear-alien-disaster scenario? Shiiiiiiiiiiit. That's not good, for a variety of reasons. If she knows who you are, and knows that you're a Rocket, and knows that Howard is a Rocket...

Wait, hang on, why IS Howard friends with this eight year old? Your eyes narrow a little as you glance over to his body. Is he trying to scam children into helping him with archaeology? Is he so cheap that he's actually relying on unpaid child labour now? He's exploiting children, but he can't even defeat them in a fight?! What a bum. Next, you'll find out that he's been handing out your contact information to every single League member he's come across! He probably doesn't deserve it, but you've still come this far, so you might as well save him anyway.

"No, no, that wasn't me." You furiously shake your head, scrambling to hide your identity. "My name isn't Shred Zeppelin. My name is Dread Threatening. We are two different people."

Hm. Dread Threatening. That really sounded better in your head.

"I'm not that guy. Now, hand over Howard. Please."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 8:49:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"It's okay if you're a Rocket too, Mister Shred!" Completely ignoring the whole alias he's given her, she hums. "I won't say a word. Promise. Though... if you really aren't Mister Shred-"[break][break]

Pulling out a pokeball, she calls a rather menacing, malicious, world-ending -[break][break]

Rowlet?[break][break]

"You're gonna have to fight if you wanna kidnap him! So admit it now!"