saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SELF-DESTRUCT (rt: shore)
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 10:14:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

surprise attacks are not often his preferred choice as it starts the opposition on losing terms—a fairer fight is most often more fun—but sometimes they are unavoidable.[break][break]

like now, for example, as he stands atop a bluff that towers over a small encampment of rocket forces.[break][break]

he unclips a pokeball, knowing full well of the sacrifice he's about to make. but what does one dead pokemon mean to a man who has the entire pokedex at his disposal?[break][break]

the released pineco falls, SELF-DESTRUCTING upon impact.[break][break]

[break]
200 MP for pokemon death (does not stack with KO).[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break][break]

TOTAL: 210 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 16:29:50 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
BOOM!!!

You don't remember when you'd fallen asleep, but the sound of a nearby explosion gets you out of your chair and onto your feet in an instant. Good news: Nothing in your immediate vicinity is blasted apart or on fire, so clearly, you weren't the intended target of that bombing. Bad news: It was still close, and that meant you're still in trouble. Just what the hell is going on outside of your secret little cave? And why do you get the feeling that it's going to ruin your day?

The safer option would be to just hunker down, stay quiet, and keep hiding, but how safe really is safe? Not safe enough for your liking. You can't risk Operation Yoink being ruined this late into the conflict. At the very least, you'll need to need to poke your head out, gauge the situation, and make a choice based off that. At least, that's what a smart person would do, right?

But that doesn't mean you have to like it. Grumbling to yourself, you grab your Pokeballs, hastily don your disguise, and skulk out to check on the situation outside...

What the FUCK.

As you peek over the rock you're crouching behind, you look upon the smoldering remains of what was once a Rocket encampment. Choked by smoke and lit by burning flame, it looks like nothing short of a disaster. You don't even know what to think. Your head is swimming with questions, but you're not sure you'll find any answers here. In fact, it seems like all you're going to find is a bunch of burnt bodies, wounded survivors, and whatever the hell did this.

You pause. No point rushing in to a situation this miserable. Better to just wait a minute and make sure that the coast is clear, lest you get caught with your pants down, so to speak.

Shred's Disguise
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 8:12:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

that's that, then. another rocket encampment scorched and reduced to nothing but ash. satisfaction and pride empower him as he strolls through the rubble, examining what little remains.[break][break]

if he tries, he can make out the mark burned into the ground of where his pineco SELF-DESTRUCTED. he doesn't care enough to try, however, and turns to look around.[break][break]

"is anyone there?"[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x2[break][break]

TOTAL: 220 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 8:49:10 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As you peer at the wreckage from your hiding spot, you can just about make out a silhouette through the smoke and the ash. Blurry, indistinct, but nevertheless radiating with a pure, destructive malice. One person did all this? It's unbelievable, but you don't have much other choice than to believe it.

The figure calls out, and your body instinctively tenses up. Does he know you're here? No, that's a stupid question. If he knew that, you'd already be blown to smithereens. Despite how bad the situation seems, he doesn't know you're here. As long as you're quiet about it, you should be able to creep away without getting caught.

So, you move to sneak away, and--

CRUNCH.

--Shiiiiiiiiiit. You slowly raise your foot, revealing the source of the offending noise: A shard of crispy blue shell. Is that… Is that a chunk of Pineco?

Calm down! It's fine! Maybe he didn't hear it…?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 9:29:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the crunch can be heard from miles away so it's no surprise that he hears it. he turns in the direction, but instead of creating an EARTH SPIKE sharp enough to impale through most objects, he lifts his hand, causing a chunk of earth to rise up into the air, revealing the crunching stranger.[break][break]

he already knows the answer to this, but he still asks:[break][break]

"friend or foe?"[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x3[break][break]

TOTAL: 230 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 13:48:21 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Well, fuck. You've really got and stepped in it this time, haven't you? The rock you're hiding behind rises up, leaving you exposed and with nowhere to go. Like a Deerling caught in the headlights, you slowly turn to face your foe.

Wait, he doesn't have a Psychic type out? Then how is he making the rock levitate like that…? Shit, is this guy a wizard or something?! Arceus wept, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse for you, doesn't it? How the hell are you supposed to fight a sorcerer? You brought a gun to a magic fight!

Your gun. Your gun! Yes, that's it! You just need to wait for the right opportunity, then you'll pump him full of lead! Course, saying that is one thing, and doing it is another. So, time to brainstorm:

HOW DO I DEEP SIX THIS WIZARD?

Idea #1: Trick him. Use your words and your deeds to confound his clairvoyance. After all, he's clearly specialized in some strange earthen thaumaturgy, not mind reading. You just need to deceive him, get his guard down, and THEN you can bust a cap in his ass.

"I am neither friend nor foe." You deepen your voice as you lie through your teeth, putting on the ill-defined persona of your ill-defined disguise. "I am not killer, nor am I victim. I am judge of all things below heaven, witness to all above hell. My purpose is beyond your understanding."

None of this means anything. It might just mean less than nothing. Still, you stare at him expectantly, as though he's meant to understand this profoundly meaningless tripe you're spitting out.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 9:57:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"?"[break][break]

the absurdity of their response catches him by surprise, stilling his thoughts for a moment as he attempts to decipher the meaning behind their words.[break][break]

he quickly gives up.[break][break]

"what are you on about? it's a simple question."[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x4[break][break]

TOTAL: 240 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 19:23:02 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
That worked.

...Wait, that worked? What the fuck? The fact that you haven't had an earthen spike driven through your spine confuses you just as much as you've confused him. You're glad you've got the mask on, because it hides your puzzled expression plenty well. Well, you're not one to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth, are you? You wanted him to be distracted, and now he's distracted. You're not going to get a better opportunity than this. Even if it isn't perfect, you have to take it.

"How little you truly know, stranger..." You murmur, just barely loud enough for him to hear. Slowly, you reach a hand into the pocket of your trenchcoat, and rest your hand upon the grip of your gun. "You are a puppet in the greater scheme of things, and I have come to cut your strings. Perish."

With that, you pull out your junker of a pistol out, aim it towards this monster of a man, and hammer the trigger as hard as you can, over and over, until the last bullet leaves the clip.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 9:42:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the moment their hand slides into the pocket, matias' own is doing the same to find a pokeball. he clicks it open right before the gun fires, but knowing that it won't be fast enough to stop the bullets, he's forced to drop to the side to avoid the first few rounds.[break][break]

one grazes him while the other finds his shoulder.[break][break]

"—!"[break][break]

his pain is drowned out by the mr. mime that appears with PROTECT at the ready. the bullets lodge into the invisible barrier.[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x5[break][break]

TOTAL: 250 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 21:37:01 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
While your flurry of bullets puts plenty of holes in the man, none of them are particularly fatal. Before you can find the decisive shot, your line of fire is blocked by an invisible, impenetrable wall. Well, shit, huh? Your gamble paid off, but instead of hitting triple sevens, you got three cherries. It feels greedy, but considering the circumstances, you were still hoping for more.

Oh well. You’ve still got the advantage here. Even if he’s stronger than you, you’re the one with the momentum. If he wants to hide in his box, then that just means it’s time for you to start laying on the pressure…

Idea #2: Keep hitting him. Of course, your pistol is running short of ammo, and you’re not eager to relent and reload with him right in front of you. Luckily, he’s not the only one with Pokemon to call on, and you have just the scheme in mind to keep his back against the ropes.

”Cofagrigus! OMINOUS WIND!”

In the same instant that it emerges from its Pokeball, the sentient sarcophagus obliges, releasing a gust of sinister energy towards Matias and Mime alike. 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 8:07:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it was never a fair fight to begin with. confusion and surprise may have played their parts in tipping the scales but they aren't enough to make him lose.[break][break]

the OMINOUS WIND is met and repelled by a sudden DAZZING GLEAM that shines through. what it really does is hide the EARTH SPIKE that shoots for the other, looking to impale them.[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x6[break][break]

TOTAL: 260 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 18:00:12 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The Ominous Wind and Dazzling Gleam clash against one another, but that proves to be little more than a distraction. The real attack is the stone spike that bursts out of from below, aiming to stab you through the chest. But he's already shown his hand, and you're well aware of his rock magic. The moment you hear the earth begin to shift, you reach for another Pokeball to counter it.

CRACK! With a First Impression, Slither Wing crashes straight through the spike. All that remains is a pile of rubble at its feet, and a trickle of blood from where it smashed into the point. With a heavy hitter like this on your side, it shouldn't be hard to break through his defenses and start laying to hurt on him, right? First, you break the mime, then, you break him. It sounds simple, and it should be easy, but even you aren't stupid enough to get your hopes up. You need to keep putting the screws on him. Every failsafe and back-up you've got is another chance to avoid getting your ribcage ripped apart by jagged rocks, so of course, you'll need as many as them as you can get.

"Toxic Spikes!"

With a grin, the Cofagrigus opens a portion of its body, reaching in a shadowy hand and scattering a selection of wretched-looking caltrops all around Matias and his Pokemon. Meanwhile, you hide yourself behind Slither Wing, fumbling with your gun as you reload.

One more shot. All you need is one more good shoot, and you're home free. You've just got to find it...

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 4:16:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

how painfully frustrating to have this battle drag on for longer than it needs to. his expression betrays him as he stares at the newly called out slither wing, greeting it with a look that just reeks of annoyance.[break][break]

a SAFEGUARD protects their side of the field from TOXIC SPIKES. another pokeball is cracked, this time revealing his kagaskhan.[break][break]

it closes the distance to throw an ICE PUNCH into the slither wing.[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x7[break][break]

TOTAL: 270 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"][

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 10:27:44 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Man, this bastard won't quit. Just who the hell is he? Actually, what the hell is he? Does the League have some kind of laboratory somewhere dedicated to pumping out psychic super soldiers? Did you miss a memo? Well, no point fretting about it now. It doesn't matter where this freak of nature came from, because he's right here right now, and you have to deal with him before you can worry about anyone or anything else.

Your Toxic Spikes are all but nullified by a Safeguard, while Slither Wing takes a nasty Ice Punch from Kanghaskhan. To his credit, the bug takes it well, pushing past both the bruising and the frostbite to retaliate with a Close Combat. At the same time, Cofagrigus keeps up the offensive against the Mr Mime and its trainer, this time tossing forth a Shadow Ball to keep them pinned.

...This fight is a little closer than you'd like it to be, especially when your life is on the line. Maybe it might be a good idea to start thinking about an exit plan?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 5:44:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

familiar with the pressure and the resistance shown, matias does not relent. he stays on the offensive and pushes even more to the point of breaking.[break][break]

CLOSE COMBAT meets kangaskhan. it parries what it can but ends up taking more damage than it should, but it eventually CRUNCHES in return, looking to disrupt the flow of the attack.[break][break]

mr. mime is struck with a SHADOW BALL that brings it close to fainting. it MIMICS and throws one in return.[break][break]

[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. x8[break][break]

TOTAL: 280 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"][

[/newclass]