March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Second Quest LEVEL-1: Temple of Hours [M][C/Mika]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:46:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-64-usf/legend-of-zelda-the-majoras-mask/243%20Stone%20Tower%20Temple%20%28Reality%29.mp3[/player]
STONE TOWER TEMPLE - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The last time Shalin had been this deep in the Ultra Desert, she had performed her first superhuman feat using her SYGNA SUIT: enhancing the power of her Flygon's BUG BUZZ by riding its very source to make the droning noise louder. For any ordinary person, vibration that powerful would tear up one's insides. The more she thought about it, the more the unique power felt like Avatarship. It was similar, both legendary Pokémon and the power of a SYNC STONE fueled by copious amounts of INFINITY ENERGY. She had become more practiced with her suit's power in recent weeks, and she would need it today. She and  were headed to one of the most distant corners of the Ultra Desert to get to the bottom of the Regirock mystery.

The mysterious TEMPLE OF HOURS.

At its entrance in the desert's deepest valley was a giant hourglass filled with black sand. "I can't believe we're here," Shalin sighed, astride her Shiny Espeon, Starr. Without the presence of her Flygon, her suit afforded her only minimal protection against the oppressive atmosphere of the Ultra Wilds, but it was enough to afford her the ability to operate at full strength. "Remember the stories of all those strange places I told you about on the way here, like Mirage Palace and Death Crater? I get the feeling this is going to be far worse than any of them."

Stepping into the entrance to the Temple, the open-air ruins blew Shalin's mind. Pheromosa and Buzzwole were at war even here. Peering above them, she noticed what appeared to be rafters made of rock, balanced between two of them a dais that hung upside down. In addition to murals that depicted what Shalin could only assume were major Megalopolan events, there were several odd objects scattered throughout, including a gold-colored wall plate depicting a large eyeball and a second panel in the likeness of a frowning sun. Still seated on the psychic-type's back, she drew her AVIAN BOW, ready to fire at the Ultra Beasts if they got too close.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good

{WC: 371}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 10:37:08 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

the winds of life could fly you just about anywhere, or so mika nakayama realized. what started as a gradual ascent into rangerhood grew into something much larger than her. she was a cog in the machine, a mere piece of the puzzle that fit into the larger shape of hoenn. she'd never dreamed anything for herself, never imagined life beyond the ability to serve, never aimed for anything higher than she could see. [break][break]

and yet, when adventure came calling — and when an adventurous shalin nariya came calling with it — mika realized that she never stopped chasing the light after all these years. that someone as simpleminded and mild-mannered as her could achieve great things, even if she didn't think herself capable of it at first. the trek into the ultra desert's depths alone had been a grand milestone for her: their shiny dusk-lycanroc a steady and easy steed, at least when compared to shalin's wild and expert ride pokemon. thankfully they stuck as close to shalin and her shiny espeon as possible, keeping an eye out on their surroundings all the while. and when shalin mentioned the talk of mirage palace and death crater along the way, it was enough to get mika's heart beating faster and faster in her chest. [break][break]

as they entered the temple proper, mika had been just as awestruck by the scenery as shalin was. "it's breathtaking," they quietly agreed, gaze wandering. around them were testaments to time, and depictions of time itself. everything felt endless in here, the ambient sounds of battle and sand falling perpetual but distant. close but unattainable. [break][break]

in response to shalin's comments, a more confident person would have joked how much worse can it really get? but mika didn't dare hold themself in that kind of esteem, so the answer they provided was much simpler, and straight to the point. "you may have a point there. better to be prepared for anything and everything, in that case." she continued to have komainu the dusk-lycanroc out, but summoned her musharna to the field, as well. the psychic pokemon had a wonderful intuition, able to forewarn against strong pokemon and their moves, which would help in case any veritable threat wanted to make themselves known in the rangers' presence. [break][break]

keeping in line with shalin's caution, mika flanked the other, watching her back and trailing just a little bit behind as they moved. could never be too careful, after all. [break][break]

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

INTO THE WILD: ULTRA DESERT [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 5:13:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Even for the hardened explorer that had been to the most inhospitable corners of Hoenn, this was unsettling. Spine-chilling, even. "Breathtaking, but dangerous," the Captain-to-be answered Mika. "That's why the League has tasked me with learning as much about the rifts as I can. It would not surprise me if the space in the rifts combines to form an area larger than all Hoenn." As Shalin's eyes shifted about the entrance chamber, she nodded at Mika's point. "I've already found a sundial that can manipulate time. It was terrifying to mess with. Making the sun go backwards in the sky was... wild."

Thankfully for the duo, the Espathra patrolling the entrance hall hadn't noticed them yet, making Shalin's prowess as a sniper deadly. Closing one eye, she steadily aimed just below the base of the neck of one of them. While such a blow wouldn't be lethal, it would almost certainly incapacitate them. With Komainu's assistance, Shalin would be able to get the jump on them and take most of them out. A parting LUMINA CRASH seared Shalin and her mount. While she was able to shrug off the initial blow, it left both of them glowing a sickly purple color. Those familiar with the species knew it was LUMINA CRASH's lingering curse, corroding away the protection Starr's mind and Shalin's SYGNA SUIT conferred against energy attacks.

In a similar flash of violet from the ceiling, an illusion masking a wooden treasure chest vanished. The only problem was the chest was hanging from the ceiling upside down, in apparent defiance of gravity. "What in the world...?" Shalin mumbled. "And I thought a floor of lava and a ceiling of ice was wild. Just when you thought you've seen everything..." With the coast clear, Shalin briefly dismounted Starr to investigate the mystery using her Flygon, Sandy. Even from a distance, the dragon's vibrating wings may have been mesmerizing to Mika. It was quickly apparent that, as things were, opening the latch while it was upside down would be tedious at best. "I don't have a Pokémon that can easily hang upside down. If only I had a Crobat or something..."

While she was close to the eye-covered plate, Shalin steadied her AVIAN BOW the best she could, though her mount's humming wings made that easier said that done. After one arrow bounced off the plate's edge and snapped in two, the second hit its mark. The eye closed, and two clicking noises preceded a subtle grinding noise coming from the chamber's center. From a small pedestal rose what appeared to be a fragment of Sceptilite. Shalin scooped it up and flew back toward Mika.

You got a Sceptilite Fragment! This is your 1st one!

"It's faint..." Shalin said as she held the green, hard object in the palm of her hand, "...but can you feel the Infinity Energy radiating from it? It's got to be part of a Mega Stone!"

Once they were done, Shalin swapped ride Pokémon back to the green Espeon and led the way west. Several Swoobat hung from the ceiling of the tunnel-like confines beyond. Several large floor switches that looked rusted out, one on the ceiling and the rest on the floor, caught Shalin's attention. "What is going on here? Why is half the stuff in here upside down?"

SCEPTILITE FRAGMENTS: 1/15 collected

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Starr         Espeon**       Fair

{WC: 555}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 8:23:58 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"that makes sense," mika said as shalin explained more about the rifts and the league's need for more intel about such nebulous spaces. what lied within any singular rift was beyond reason, beyond distortion. yet to think that such anomalies existed in abundance around hoenn...mika didn't know whether to be impressed or scared. [break][break]

however, she didn't have time to ruminate for long. the espathra became aware of their presence, though it was greatly hindered at the start thanks to shalin and her avian bow. so while komainu helped in warding it off, the lingering lumina crash attack stayed with shalin and starr, leaving them with strange glowing essences and smarting bruises from the impact. concerned, mika would offer some convalescence at a later time, deciding to move on with shalin if it seemed like the expeditionary was alright from that attack. [break][break]

so mika continued onward, her lycanroc and musharna following after her. and when shalin's intuition earned her a small green shard, mika nodded in agreement with her initial guess. infiniy energy, mega stone, mega evolution... so these were the places that birthed such strange and powerful things. [break][break] when they reached the next part of the pathing, the blue-haired ranger glanced upward, lost in thought. [break][break]

"hmm. y'know, i brought my talonflame, hydreigon, and musharna with me." the lattermost pokemon cried out softly, pink and purple body floating with psychic concentration. "i could send any of them to investigate things on the ceiling, if you think that's a good idea." maybe the lone switch on the ceiling was important. it was by itself, after all, and that couldn't have been for nothing...right? [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 6:58:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Wouldn't hurt," Shalin answered, though she was concerned about the Pokémon being able to grasp the upside-down objects. "I don't think it will be easy to figure out why things are upside-down. There's just something in me that makes me nervous. Like we aren't meant to be here." Regardless, the brave Ranger carried on, Starr carrying Shalin forward with caution.

Wandering the corridors for a bit, the psychic-type led the way into an open-air chamber past a pool of quicksand, several Yanmega on noisy, buzzing patrol. Making a break away from them, she and her Espeon became ensnared in quicksand that blended in with the stone floor. Struggling in it only caused them to fall faster.

It was not bottomless, though; she found herself in a dark badement only illuminated by a pool of superheated molten rock on the far end, a staircase providing access to the basement from above. If Momo were to reunite with her after handling the Yanmega, she would see Shalin trapped on an almost prison cell-like observation platform. Were it not for the lighting issue, she would be able to see much better.

A DAZZLING GLEAM from the psychic-type lit the room temporarily, causing a large, cubic hunk of stone with the image of a sun on each of its faces to dissolve away. Though she was unable to link cause and effect as of yet, it seemed the dark stones reacted to the presence of intense light. Within the cell was a small chest, Shalin unable to sate her curiosity. Popping it open, she found a second SCEPTILITE FRAGMENT.

You got a SCEPTILITE FRAGMENT! This is your 2nd one!

If Mika were to head to the basement, she would find four Magcargo that looked none too pleased to be aroused. They hurled bursts of LAVA PLUME and EARTH POWER toward the explorers from the safety of the magma pool, making melee attacks from most Pokémon unhelpful. Provided she was able to handle the fire-types, the magma would cool and let the duo cross to an alcove on the far side. Within they would find not just a SMALL KEY, but perhaps something more valuable: a DUNGEON MAP.

You got a SMALL KEY! This key can open any one lock. You can use it only in this dungeon.

You got the DUNGEON MAP! Blue rooms are the ones you've visited. Your location is the purple room. The dark rooms are the ones you haven't visited yet.

Keys: 1

SCEPTILITE FRAGMENTS: 2/15 collected

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

{WC: 413}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 17:27:00 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

mika simply nodded, and followed shalin's lead. they entered a new room, but shalin and starr's weight in the center activated the quicksand trap — her voice short and clipped with worry. "shalin!" [break][break]

but from the sounds and sights of it, there was a basement level beneath the sand. mika quickly backtracked and looked for a way to get to the same floor that shalin was on. eventually, she found a set of stairs, and held on tightly as komainu the lycanroc bounded down the steps. mika's musharna, meanwhile, drifted gently behind her at all times, pink and purple smoke emanating from its floating body like wisps. [break][break]

there, she saw the group of magcargo slinging their burning-hot attacks, and mika realized they'd have to be dealt with before she could progress. from her belt, she grabbed two more poke balls, and summoned her hydreigon and arctovish. together with musharna, the three of them were tasked with neutralizing the magcargo threats. a combination of dragon pulse, ancient power, and psychic attacks were enough to ward them off, allowing mika and her lycanroc to cross to the alcove. she found the dungeon map and a key, now she just had to reunite with shalin. [break][break]

mika recalled her musharna and arctovish for now, and kept her hydreigon out as she continued to stride atop her lycanroc. the ranger and her two pokemon followed the map, and decided they would return to the first floor, heading to the chamber to the right of where the stairs were.[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 16:49:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As if fueled by the fire-types' presence, once all was calm in the heated room, one of the four slabs surrounding her receded, letting the girl jump down and rendezvous with Mika. "Thanks for the save," she huffed. "Couldn't have done it without you." This Temple of Hours was truly magnificent and truly alien; there was nothing like it in Hoenn.

After being freed, Shalin reviewed the map with Mika. "This place is... not small. I agree with you; let's look around elsewhere before we open that door." Backtracking to the central chamber, the Ultra Desert's sun steadily crept lower in the sky. Though the oblique angle provided relief from the high temperatures, it also meant that it would soon be more challenging to see.

Beyond the eastern door was a dimly-lit hallway with a singular feature in front of their faces: a large stone cube the width of the passage, a sun-shaped emblem covering each of its faces. The explorer, having seen something similar elsewhere during her travels, ordered her Espeon steed to use DAZZLING GLEAM. The bright symbol reacted by briefly glowing, but faded when the the psychic-type was no longer able to hold the Fairy-type attack. "Hmm..." the suited girl hummed. "I don't think there's a lot we can do from here. We'll have to remember this is here and try to get back here another way."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

{WC: 230}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 19:26:40 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"you'd do the same for me, so it's no big deal." mika nodded. "in any case, this temple sure is strange. i'll have to be more vigilant. and do my best to support you, as well." [break][break]

the two rangers moved to the next location. mika observed their surroundings, following shalin's lead once more as they entered a new chamber. the same sun-shaped symbol from before had appeared, but shalin's espeon used the same dazzling gleam from before, yet the continuous need for light would be impossible for now. mika felt a sting of dejection, yet ultimately agreed with shalin's advice of moving onward from here. they could always come back to it now that they had a map to guide their way. [break][break]

"alright. let's head back and see what else is there." when they returned to the main chamber, mika consulted the map, and figured they ought to head north, the only direction they haven't gone on the first floor yet. the blue-haired ranger remained extra cautious, not wanting to fall into any traps themself — nor wanting to see shalin fall into any more danger than she already had.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 8:04:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Their destination set, Shalin and Starr led the way back through the winding tunnels and into the sandy chamber beyond. Not letting them pass unharmed this time, one of the Yanmega flew above the heads of the Rangers and violently BUG BUZZED its wings. A prompt PSYCHIC blast from the green Espeon downed the bug-type, but the damage had already been done. Shalin's suit kept her protected from the shrieking soundwave, but Starr was not so lucky. She made a WISH for her well-being, but even that was not enough to completely heal the internal injuries she had suffered, both physically and mentally. Wanting to save her energy, she withdrew her Espeon, swapping rides to Scar, her Pyroar.

Unlocking the east door, she led the way through. Beyond was an enclosed bridge that the duo had no way to access from the outside. They would need to find a way in from the north or south to cross it. Outside its confines was a deep, flooded room full of small aquatic Pokémon that looked hostile. The bridge's positioning made it impossible to cross from west to east by air alone. The apprehensive Pyroar crouched and purred loudly. "Water's a no go for you, Scar. It's okay." She gently pet the lion before withdrawing him, grasping her Milotic's Poké Ball.

Taking a deep breath, the girl asked Mika, "Do you have your own water Pokémon? If not, we'll need to rely on Levy, my Milotic. She's the only Pokémon I have that can jump high enough to get us out of the water once we go for a swim."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

{WC: 271}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 21:42:18 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

following shalin's lead, mika was too late to stop the wild yanmega's bug buzz from reaching her, but thankfully shalin's espeon did more than enough damage with its psychic attack that the assailant fell as though unfurling like a ribbon, though not before injuring starr as it did so. mika wished she brought along a healing pokemon of some sort, but there was nothing for it as shalin switched out her espeon with pyroar. [break][break]

the two rangers strode through the east door, and saw a whole new set of challenges for them. the water with the various aquatic pokemon swimming through seemed intimidating, but mika steeled their nerve. she withdrew her lycanroc and hydreigon for now, turning to shalin and saying: "i have an arctovish, don't worry." though maybe sharing milotic would be a better choice, since it seemed to have better mobility than the fossil fish pokemon. [break][break]

mika motioned to it. "you lead the way. but if you think that milotic is the better choice, just let me know." [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 7:03:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"How good of a jumper is your Arctovish?" Shalin asked when presented with the knowledge of Mika's team. "If you don't think it can jump high enough, then hop on behind me." Regardless of the Ranger's decision, Shalin would release Levy, slide up his back, and into the Milotic's saddle. Once travel arrangements had been settled, she would squeeze the gorgeous serpent's sides for speed. A stray ICE BEAM from a hidden Shellder struck Levy's tail, causing him to have less speed than Shalin expected when flicking his reins for a jump.

The Milotic faceplanted into the wall, flinging Shalin (and Mika if she wasn't ready for it) out of the saddle and causing her to roll along the ledge above. Dizzy from the whiplash-inducing motion, she slowly got to her feet, Levy busy fighting the Carvanha and Shellder swarming him by creating great current with his DRAGON BREATH. Finding a brick that looked out of place, Shalin rest her hand on it. Once it had receded into the wall, a second such brick did so on its own, revealing a hidden SMALL KEY in the alcove.

You obtained a SMALL KEY! This key will open any one lock. You can use it only in this dungeon.

Levy surfaced again after the skirmish with the water-types. He had suffered a scrape or two from the dark-types' jaws, but nothing too serious. "You okay?" she asked. "Just want to make sure you're not too shaken up before we keep going."

As the duo passed through a narrow underwater corridor, a floor switch on the ceiling caused Shalin to raise an eyebrow from inside the air bubble her Milotic surrounded her with. The corridor opened into a large, two-story chamber filled with more aquatic Pokémon looking to take a bite out of both the Rangers and their Pokémon. Shalin was too distracted by her assailants to notice the upside-down chest hanging from the room's ceiling.

Why were there so many things upside-down here?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

{WC: 333}