[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

For once in her life, Stormy was absolutely, positively sure about something. She had been considering this for a while. She had dreamt of this day since she was a little girl stumbling across her adopted parents old photo albums.[break][break]

She was more serious about this than she had been about anything in her entire life.[break][break]

Which is why she had gone to great lengths to prepare herself and make sure that everything went as perfect as it could be. This was more than a silly childhood crush. This was the man she loved more than anything.[break][break]

"Okay, okay. I gotta breathe. Cait said I have to remember to breathe."[break][break]

Stormy had invited Alex to meet them at their favourite spot - well, his favourite spot. He had introduced her to it when their relationship had grown more comfortable and less shy. The wind on top of the hill was warm and refreshing, it didn't make goosebumps spread across her skin.[break][break]

The view from here was breathtaking, looking over the city and highlighting the most beautiful parts of it. Everything was quiet and peaceful, unbroken by the sounds of traffic and human interaction. It was perfect.[break][break]

Despite being raised in nothing but the best, Stormy had never quite acclimated to fashion and appearances. She did, of course, do her best to look her best, but she had never been beautiful in the same way her sisters had. The runt of the litter and all that.[break][break]

She had, however, painstakingly poured over ring after ring, adamant that she find the nicest one. She hadn't done gaudy or fancy, but she hadn't gone cheap and simple. Alex was a humble man, but she made sure to make her efforts known.[break][break]

He was late, but she had also come early. Stormy's Castform lingered a little too close from time to time, appearing worried and stressed out. He perfectly reflected her emotions, but Stormy needed his calming presence. Even if he wasn't being calming at the moment.[break][break]

She'd be examining the ring, a mild hint of fear causing her palms to sweat. When Alex arrived, she'd appear breathless and unlike herself, quickly stuffing the case back into her purse and perking up brightly.[break][break]

"Oh, Alex! It's so good to see you!"[break][break]

Sol would, fortunately, appear as his normally anxious self, unable to sit still.[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 3:28:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
alexander sits on his lonesome at the other end of the table, laptop in front of him but his fingers nowhere close to it. he has one hand against his forehead, rubbing his temples in slight annoyance as he listens.

"that will not work. i have a meeting in lilycove." 

'but they need you.'

he opens his mouth to respond but holds his tongue, instead sighing as his eyes scan the calendar on his laptop. he looks at the various dates and at all the meetings scheduled, eyes narrowing.

"can we make monday work?" 

'no, sir. they are only free then.'

he's frustrated. and tired. he looks at all the meetings that fill up his schedule and there's nothing he can do to move them around. he barely has enough time for himself. but this is a sacrifice he's willing to make. a sacrifice he has been making for years.

but he's tired.

he nods, agreeing.

---

he leaves devon hq in a rush because he is late. he is never late. but that meeting had run a bit too long and now he's left having to speed his way through the streets of rustboro, north to where they had agreed to meet.

the dark shades under his eyes tell the tale of a man overworked. he can handle it because he has to but it's draining. he feels a kind of tired that not even meeting someone he loves could fix. stormy does what she can to help, but sometimes there's nothing she can do. sometimes he just has to be tired.

he arrives. the slight relief that comes from seeing her is enough to put a soft smile on his face. his mind had been too distracted to notice the changes in her demeanor. he reaches his arms around her and pulls her in for an embrace.

"it is good to see you too. i missed you." 

he holds on for as long as he can, eyes closing as he tries to relish the feeling. it escapes him as he pulls away.

"sorry for being late. i will make up for it with my company, i hope." 

he makes a quick joke before looking over to the castform. sol has always been nervous so he thinks nothing of it. he nods at the castform, greeting.

"how have you been?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 12:36:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Of course she notices the dark circles under his eyes, and the way he throws his arms around her in a hug. He's tired, beyond tired. There's a weight in her chest as she yearns to bear some of the weight Alexander carries every day. It pains her to see him worn so thin.[break][break]

But she wraps her arms around him as well, breathing in the smell of his clothes. For the first time since she'd arrived, she felt calm. And she doesn't mind that he holds her so long, she welcomes it. She says nothing, because she knows that he doesn't need to hear it to know she feels the same.[break][break]

When the two finally break apart, Stormy's rattled appearance seems a little more at peace. She listens intently as he apologizes, but she waves it away with a laugh.[break][break]

"I'm never upset with you, Alex. You never have to be sorry for doing your job."[break][break]

A lie. The pain in her chest squeezes because deep down she knows she misses him desperately. His constant awayness and business is exhausting. But he's worth it, and she wouldn't give it up for anything.[break][break]

Her gaze follows his as he looks over to Sol, who seems to be barely keeping his cool. With a subtle glare and whisper, she does her best to tell him to 'cool it and not blow it', before turning back to smile at Alex.[break][break]

"I thought you could use a break. I think your poor secretaries are afraid of me. Whenever I ask if you're free, they find some time to squeeze me in. I feel bad."[break][break]

Her hand squeezes her purse, thoughts drifting back to when she'd called ahead to ask if he was free. Did they suspect the plans she had made? Is that why they had been so eager to let him have an afternoon to himself?[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 12:43:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her presence has always served to calm him and it does the same now. the various thoughts and worries in his head remain messy, but less frantic. it allows him a moment to breathe, to think, and to truly enjoy her company.

"i know, i know. it just feels like it keeps me away from you sometimes." 

his words are spoken nonchalantly but there is an air of truth that surrounds them, he just refuses to confront them as of this moment. that is something for the future.

"they are a little bit! but only because they do not want to disappoint you." 

he takes her hand in his and starts walking, guiding her to the usual spot; the same spot where he once took her many months ago. it overlooks the city, its high vantage point makes it the best tourist spot. and yet it's empty today. how lucky for them.

a railing stops people from potentially falling over. he leans against it, hand slipping out of hers as he turns his back to the scene because up here with her, his focus is never on the city.

"thank you for asking me up here today. i needed a break, really. i have been so busy, but i am sure you have been as well."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 12:57:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Another twist to her gut, another set of words that hold too much truth to them. Outwardly, her smile does not falter, however.[break][break]

"Disappoint me?"[break][break]

She says this, genuinely bewildered to hear that his assistants and schedule planners worry over her feelings. [break][break]

Her confusion is broken by Alex's hand slipping into her own, tugging her forward to take advantage of the view. Somehow, by some stroke of luck, she had chosen to come here today when no one else was around. [break][break]

Stormy gazes down over the city briefly, taking a deep breath to quell some building emotion in her belly. She places her attention back on the most important part of this whole planned out day, however, just as he pulls his hand from hers to lean on the railing.[break][break]

"You need more than a break, I think. How long has it been since you went on vacation? Since you took a little 'me' time to get drunk and act a little stupid?"[break][break]

Her voice betrays no hint of sadness, but her eyes do. Even despite her teasing and her laughter, she's a little sad to see him like this.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, that was unfair of me to say," she coughs, an attempt to clear the air. "Are you hungry? I stopped by the little cafe you like so much and I picked up a couple sandwiches. I'm sure you've already eaten, but I know you wouldn't be able to resist."[break][break]

She glances over her shoulder at the picnic table. It's been organized and decorated to support a date. She had even brought wine.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 13:04:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
a vacation! that is a concept that is so foreign to him that it is almost lost. he chuckles, shaking his head at her apology.

"probably eight years ago. as much as i would love a vacation the region needs me now more than ever." 

it is the sad reality behind it. committing to a position as high as champion ties him to the region. he is expected to be available at all times. and he is.

"you know me so well. come on." 

he leads her over to the picnic table and sits on one side of it, smiling as he admires the set up, which he knows she had prepared for him. it's heartwarming to see how much she does for him but in a way also heartbreaking because he rarely is able to do the same for her.

she takes out the necessary equipment and while she takes out the food, he takes the glasses and pours wine in for them before setting her glass down on the table. he holds his, ready to toast.

"you are really cute, you know that, right?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 13:14:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Truth be told, eight years ago might have been the last one Stormy had been on, too.[break][break]

"Wait, are you serious? Didn't both of our families go together that year? And wasn't it just to some cottage in the middle of nowhere?"[break][break]

She laughs, shaking her head in dismay.[break][break]
"That wasn't a vacation, Alex, that was hell. So many bugs and Ursaring coming to steal our food. Mom and dad were ready to leave the moment they got there."[break][break]

Stormy smiles at the comment, perhaps a little embarrassed. She'd known him for years, since they had been little kids. Of course she knew him well.[break][break]

Just as they begin to sit down, Stormy's heart begins to flutter. Everything is so perfect and casual and cute, organized as if it were a regular day. She begins to second-guess herself, worry that she isn't being bold enough or fancy enough or good enough.[break][break]

It only increases when she finally sits down and holds up her own glass to toast his, hearing his thoughtful compliment. Her cheeks immediately flush and she falters, unsure how to respond. [break][break]

"N-no, I'm not. I mean. I, uhh. No, I didn't know that."[break][break]

Sol can't seem to settle, so he maintains his distance for fear he might rain on their picnic. Stormy sets the glass down for fear she might drop it, before wiping her hands on her dress and smiling at Alex awkwardly.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 13:21:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he is being serious. he laughs at her comment, nodding in agreement as he reminisces on much simpler times. oh, how he misses his childhood. he envies the simplistic nature of children and how they most of them live in blissful ignorance.

"i rather enjoyed that trip. i just turned eighteen so i could legally drink. granted, i drank before that with dad but that was his fault." 

it amuses him how they have different perspectives on that trip. it reminds him that they view things differently, and how he might see things one way, she might see them another.

they toast and he takes a sip of his wine. the taste is definitely an acquired one and he can't say that he has it yet. regardless, it is still enjoyable enough.

when he's finally settled down enough he starts to notice things. he sees the castform in particular floating away, keeping its distance, which he finds odd because sol is usually up by his side by now. then he notices stormy, and he raises his eyebrows in response.

"you okay? why is sol being weird today?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 13:44:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Admittedly, she had also enjoyed the trip. Unlike her family, Stormy had always been more forgiving and adventurous, not one to dwell on stolen food or broken supplies. She had been much more carefree and wild then, though she supposed that not much had changed.[break][break]

She takes a sip of her own wine, holding it her mouth. She prays that the bitterness will calm her nerves. It doesn't.[break][break]

Sol visibly startles when Alexander meets his eyes. He seems to melt, falling to the grass in a wet heap, before eventually reorganizing his cloud body back to a physical form. [break][break]

Mortified by her Pokemon's lack of self-control under pressure, Stormy glances back at Alexander, wide-eyed. [break][break]

"N-no reason. He's just feeling out of sorts, I think. He's always been a bit nervous."[break][break]

Her hands shake as she reaches for a sandwich, welcoming the chance to have her mouth full and avoid confrontation for just a while longer. She had wanted to get to the point later, not before they'd had a chance to really settle down and relax.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 13:50:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
something's wrong but he cannot quite put a finger on it. with the castform acting weird and stormy being strange, perhaps the two are conspiring against him somehow. unlikely, but also entirely possible. never discount the impossible.

"he is certainly being weird. but that is sol." 

he reaches for a sandwich as well, dismissing the thought for now. today is not for worry. he takes a quick bite and turns his head off to the side, only now taking the chance to peer out at the vastness of the city. it brings a smile to his face.

"do you think about how things could be different now if we had done things differently?" he asks, turning back to meet her. "random thought, of course, and i am entirely happy with where i am now. but sometimes i wonder what might happen if i had said no to becoming gym leader."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 14:09:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

With bated breath, she chews her bite of sandwich, maintaining silence and indifference in the hopes he'll forget and move on.[break][break]
And he does, thank god.[break][break]

Her gaze follows his as he looks out over the hill. From their seated position, the view is not nearly as nice. But, it's still quite breathtaking.[break][break]

She reclines in her seat, careful not to lean back too far else she might fall right off. Her hands bring her sandwich down to the napkin underneath, and she thinks about what he's said.[break][break]

"I do. Frequently. I often wonder where I might be had I not been taken in by the Silph's. I wonder what sort of mess I might have made for myself had I not had my family to correct and guide me."[break][break]

There is a note of fear in her voice, a cautionary tale of her deepest thoughts and worries. [break][break]

"I'm happy where I am now, though. I wouldn't change any of this."[break][break]

She finally takes a deep breath, preparing herself for what she's about to say. She stands up, tosses a side-ways glance at Sol, who shrinks his body up in panic. Stormy makes her way around the side of the table, reaching for Alex's hand and encouraging him to stand up with her.[break][break]

"I.. umm. I actually have more to this meeting I organized than just hanging out and having lunch."[break][break]

She swallows hard, and one hand is buried in her purse. The grip she has on the case is intense, and she can't yet meet his gaze. Is she sweating? She feels like she's sweating.[break][break]

After what feels like an eternity, she eventually pulls out the case, holding it in a closed fist for a moment before steeling herself.[break][break]

"I asked you out here because I.. because I wanted to ask--"[break][break]

Why is this so hard, so awkward? Why can't she find the right words to say, and say them in the right order? Panic starts to encapsulate her words, threatening to engulf her.[break][break]

"I want to marry you!"[break][break]

She shoves the case into his hand. It's open, displaying the ring. Her face is flushed with emotion, and Sol creeps a little bit closer, eyes wide and watchful, absolutely invested in what's happening.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 14:30:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he nods in agreement. it is always fun to think back at what he could have done differently but if given the chance to actually do it; he's not so sure if he would. he might be buried in his work right now but it is for a good cause. a lot of responsibility rests on his shoulders but as long as the people are safe, then it is a burden he is willing to bare.

he's surprised when she walks around the table to grab him by his hand. he sets the unfinished sandwich on the table and follows her lead, standing. he looks at her but she has yet to meet his gaze, but he thinks nothing odd of it.

the champion might be a lot of things: oblivious is one of those things. he's failed to pick up on the obvious tells that something big might be coming. something that might explain why she seems off and why her castform's just as bad. by the time he's noticed her hand in her purse, it's too late to prepare himself for what she says next.

no words escape him. she shoves something into his hands and he's forced to peer down at it, at the ring that seems to be threatening him. his gaze stays fixed for what seems like forever, silent as he stares at it.

"stormy...i--" 

and that's when he realizes the situation he's in and more importantly how he feels towards it. emotions flood in through broken gates and he cannot help but feel overwhelmed. he had been holding himself together fairly well until now but as he stands there staring at the ring, at the promise of a future together with her, he cannot help but feel guilt

it is overwhelming.

"no. no you do not." 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 14:38:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

All she can feel is dread. Even though she's no longer carrying the ring, the weight of it remains, tenfold.[break][break]

She watches, mortified, as Alexander stares at it. His expression betrays him entirely. His broken words, his inability to say what he needs to, what she wanted him to say, acts like a punch to the gut.[break][break]

'No. No you do not.'[break][break]

Those words repeat in her head like horrible, laughing voices. Taunting her, tormenting her. Her knees feel weak, and she takes a step back, pain reflecting in her eyes.[break][break]

Sol has taken on the appearance of a storm, reflecting the confusing and fearful emotions that his trainer is facing. He remains a fair distance away, unsure how to engage and better the situation. Stormy needs him, but she needs to process the situation more.[break][break]

"What? Yes, I do. I do want this. I want you, Alex."[break][break]

Her voice is thick with emotion, holding his face in her eyes with all of the strength she can muster. Her appetite disappears, and she's left with s sickening, hollow feeling in the pit of her stomach. [break][break]

"This isn't how I imagined this whole thing would play out. I--"[break][break]

She doesn't finish her thought because she doesn't know how. [break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:04:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he had chosen the wrong words to say because she is not who is against this. he is. he's just too afraid to admit it. or at least he was, but as seconds pass; seconds that feel like minutes; he is allowed to gather his thoughts, to comprehend the gravity of the situation, because this is the first time he's been proposed to. little does he know it won't be the last.

she takes a step back, separating, and he feels the warmth of her touch fleeting. it's suddenly cold. he notices sol in his peripherals which only makes the plague of guilt within him spread.

"stormy--" 

his voice is thick with emotion. but it's dry. he meets her eyes with all the strength he can muster but he's tired. it's so clear he's tired. he wants to give in and just fall to the ground right now but he persists. he holds on for her. for them.

"i am sorry. but i cannot marry you." 

he slowly closes the box shut but keeps it in his hands. he finds comfort in the physicality of it, but finds discomfort in its meaning. he stutters on his feet, unsure of what to do, where to go, of anything.

"i cannot commit to marrying you when my time and energy is spread so thin. it would not be fair to you. nor to me. i hope you can forgive me, stormy."

his heart feels numb but he welcomes it.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
proposal [closed]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:27:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Her heart is breaking. The longer the silence stretches between them the more painful it is. She feels like she's being swallowed hole, sinking deeper and deeper into a pit she dug herself.[break][break]

All he had to do was say yes, to sweep her into his arms and kiss her and be happy and thrilled and excited. [break][break]
But he wasn't. He just stood there, holding the ring in his hand. He'd even closed it, further pushing the idea that no, he wasn't going to marry her. He wasn't going to agree and make everything okay and turn this around. This wasn't some practical joke. This was happening.[break][break]

Stormy chokes on the lump in her throat, finding it difficult to breathe. Panic clouds her judgement, encourages her to say things she doesn't want to. [break][break]

"I don't want to hear it, Alex. I really thought-- I really thought we were it, that I'd found the person that I could spend the rest of my life with. That, no matter what sort of barriers or obstacles we faced, we could tackle them together."[break][break]
She's crying.[break][break]

"I've already committed to you. I don't care that you're busy. I've never cared. I've been there for you no matter what. It doesn't bother me. I wasn't asking us to elope tomorrow and run away from your responsibilities. I know you can't do that. I was just-- I was just asking you to promise me you'd be here for me."[break][break]

Heat spills down her cheeks, and she wipes away tears angrily. But it's not really him she's angry with. She's angry with herself, convincing herself that it's her fault and she isn't good enough. She's never been before.[break][break]
"I love you, Alex."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing