Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:00:53 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

It's that same grotto again, the little cave that Genny has buried more of her fallen. Her face is bandaged, her body bruised, and emotions all over the place.[break][break]

A bracelet is on her left wrist now. A permanent fixture she fashioned recently to never forget. Eight stones upon it now. One for each of the fallen. She holds onto each of them. She looks at it. MB. LB. MC. DR. CB. H. E. PS. She takes a breath in. Her bandaged body covered by her boodie, though not her face.[break][break]

She was here off-duty.[break][break]

Her hands are pocketed now. Trying to enjoy a beautiful day. The sun is out. It's colder, October. The war is going around... life is so fleeting, but days like this, its good to remember what it's all for. A better tomorrow? That's certainly part of it. To remember those who helped along the way?[break][break]

Once again, she finds her mind going to what told her. The excitement to take the challenge. A means to get stronger, so she doesn't have to add another bead.[break][break]

Wiping her eyes, she moves towards the shoreline again. She did her best. She really did. A sniffle here or there. She closes her eyes... a quiet hum from her heart. With it, she kicks off her shoes, and feels the waves splash against her feet. A tiny wood gecko politely on her shoulder to let her mourn, chewing on a twig as she hums too, slightly off-key. But harmonizing best she can for a little wood gecko.[break][break]

Her voice begins to sing. 🎵 "Remember me..." 🎵

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- Post RT threads, after all the dust settles. Taking time off to adjust herself.[break]
- Remembers Melody's excitement at the challenge, and Genny's reason to grow now. To aim for the Championship title.[break]
- She begins to hum. Yes, I am going for the throat, thank you.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 20:23:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

This war takes, and takes, and takes. All it offers is an endless string of consolation prizes. Commendations. Your name on a wall. Growing infamy. Money. None of that brings back the dead. None of it can turn back the clock. They’re all but players on this stage, dancing to the symphony of an unknown conductor.[break][break]
When he hears her sing, he knows he should come back later. His dead are buried here, too. Some of them. The ones who are nothing but ashes after ’s wrath. That man and what he can do hasn’t been far from his mind. With friends like those, Hoenn doesn’t need enemies – foreign or domestic.[break][break]
But he doesn’t leave. Instead, he looks to the thing slung to his back. It’s supposed to be his little secret. A gift for himself, meant for no one else, bought after Dahlia Goode and Penelope Livy handed him this little gig. A guitar. An antique. A promise to himself to not forget where he came from. He can’t play. Not well. An amateur picking it up again after a decade and change (three decades and change, counting Galar) of not practicing.[break][break]
But he sits. And he strums. Plays along to the song she’s singing. A song for the departed, a dirge for those burned. He nods at a few scratches on the wall. Ironsides, Olivier, Flora, Eggbert.[break][break]
Gone, but not forgotten. Remembered, if only in the amateur chords of an acoustic guitar.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 2:01:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

There is an almost pause when she hears the sad guitar play, and Genny almost drops it. But when she sees the person behind it... someone who knows the song all too well, she catches that fumble. She's not the best singer in the world. Hell, she can admit that. Voice lessons might help that, but for a moment, even in the amateur guitarwork, the amateur voicework... the duo shares something wonderful.[break][break]

This war takes so much from everyone. And they could take solace that they weren't alone in that pain.[break][break]

🎵 "Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be..." 🎵[break][break]

She wipes at her eye again, her heart burning... and she finishes. And she turns finally to the mystery guitarist. Her eyes prickled with those tears, as she takes a step towards him. Hard to learn an instrument, and even though the strumming isn't great, she loved it all the same.[break][break]

"Thank you." Her smile widens, her hands behind her. "Mind if I join you? Not every day I get to accompany a melody like that." The Mystery Guitar Guy has her attention now.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- A beautiful little duet, as Genny continues, and the Mystery Guitar Guy continues. She's able to finish... slightly tearing up.[break]
- Thanks him and asks if she can join him here. She's happy someone can share in this. She doesn't feel so alone.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 13:14:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

It’s a free region, despite Rocket’s best efforts.” He favors her with a side smile from where he’s sitting. Putting his guitar to the side, he allows her to join him. Looking her over in the light, he swears he recognizes her from somewhere. Once upon a lifetime, he prided himself on remembering faces. That was before a career as a government employee, where he sees hundreds of them every week.[break][break]
Still, his finger traces close to the correct storage bin in his mind’s eye. He supposes it doesn’t matter for now. They are nothing more or less than two people bound by grief. Though they may not mourn the same Pokemon, he knows they both feel the massive gulf of loss.[break][break]
The name’s Navy. Sheriff Navidson, if you go in for formalities. Thanks for helping to defend my town.” Technically, the fight was just north of Dewford, but it’s the thought that counts. It could have easily spilled south. Taking off his hat, borrowed from , he gives a small bow. “And sorry for what it cost you.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 9:01:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With a delighted smile in return, Genny plops herself down next to him, joined by her Treecko. The little gecko now tired from a tiny bit of harmony to the song, she naps akin to a cat in Genny's lap, letting her fully focus on the man before her.[break][break]

Knowing his name now, Genny puts it together. This was the Dewford Gym Leader, she figures. Michael Navidson. spoke of him, and it has her brighten up considerably. An excitement now echoed onto her facial expression, stars in the eyes at the sight. She gets to meet someone like this? That's so cool! She's over the moon right now![break][break]

And back to earth. Sorry for what it cost you.[break][break]

For a moment, its hard to tell the expression she wants to give behind the one she has to. The one she wants to give is a sulky smile, baked within the loving memory of those that fell to keep her safe. The one she has to give is the typical one; the depressed one over those gone, blending together in a bittersweet pang in the chest. Pain.[break][break]

"Genevieve Cromwell. Senior Ranger." she doesn't pull out her badge his time. She's left it behind, for now. Instead, she pets on Sherwood's head and takes a moment to breathe. "Call me Genny. And no need to thank me, Navy. It's my job." Though the bracelet is fitted with those little stones that depict those fallen, it doesn't make her cry. It makes her smile.[break][break]

Instead. She looks ahead.[break][break]

With a sharp inhale, she begins. "Melody told me about you." Genny doesn't know anything about him aside from that. Dewford Gym Leader. "For the Gym Challenge. I'll be starting once I recover from... this." she finally adds, not realizing how awkward that might be to start with, but as she gestures to everything around, she eyes the bracelet again. All the initials from those she lost.[break][break]

Lost in that sulky, subdued smile. Sad, but happy too.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- Genny happily plops down, but hit with sadness at his last line. But a happy kind of sadness.[break]
- Tells Navy her name, how protecting the town is her job too. And of course, how Melody told her about him. For the Gym Challenge she was going to start.[break]
- Eyes long for that bracelet with those initials on each stone. Sad smile.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 11:22:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Can’t say I blame you.” His words are for Genny, but his eyes linger on the Treecko. He had a cute little friend, once upon a time. Junior’s a Tyranitar now, all grown up. A rocky menace to Rocket, when he remembers he’s a Tyranitar. Once, he’d been a Larvitar. He pulled pranks, tied Navy’s shoelaces together for Melody’s amusement. Just one more child, grown up far too soon because of this war.[break][break]
He prays that Sherwood gets to enjoy her youth. Like all things, it must end, but not just yet.[break][break]
We’re at war. Battles are spaced out, but they’re still being fought. Slateport, Sootopolis, Dewford…Dewford again, in spirit.” And another one’s on the horizon – the battle to retake Sootopolis. A battle where this region’s heroes contemplate dropping a monster into a civilian population center. Genny, Navy imagines, will be there, too.[break][break]
Purpose of the gym circuit’s to educate. Kids show up thinking it’s for glory. I have to tell ‘em all that they came to the wrong region. Galar and Unova have better battle circuits. Hoenn’s way more practical.” He looks up to Genny, searching her eyes.[break][break]
What do you think your weaknesses are?” It’s a pointed question, maybe too direct, but he hates being subtle. Better to just ask. He’d rather make her stumble in a conversation than see her die on a battlefield.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 6:10:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

War never really changes, does it? It just keeps going. Idealism crashes into rigid realism. With it, the weight of the world on the shoulders. More war. More blood... something she isn't ready for.[break][break]

Knowing that the gym circuit is to help teach, Genny's eyes still hold that sadness, and with it, her legs shake, and she grabs at them. Eyes move towards Sherwood, asleep and napping, and she tries to smile. She knows her weakness so well, because it's weakness she's so used to by now.[break][break]

"My Pokemon are strong. They lift the load for me... they love me. The sacrifice everything for me... I keep training but, nothing quite sits. I keep losing more friends." She moves a hand over those carved pebbles, each set of initials for one, to mark that they once lived. She grasps each, the tears pricking her eyes, as she holds that smile. "I'm strong with ingenuity. But... I lack the strategy and resolve to keep them safe. My offense is solid, but my defense is lacking... they make up for it with their lives." It was just as much her job to keep her Pokemon safe as it was for them to keep her safe. But Genny had been failing at that this whole time.[break][break]

So. In summation.[break][break]

"If I can become the Champion... maybe I can gain the skill and power needed to keep one more Pokemon from dying in battle." She looks up towards Navy... and her eyes are welling up. Her lip quivers, but that toothy grin pushes through anyways.[break][break]

Sweet summer child.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- War really has been taking a negative effect on Genny. She lets her weaknesses on the table... her defense is lacking, and the strategy and resolve to keep them safe.[break]
- She doesn't care about glory. All she wants is the capability, the skillset to keep one Pokemon from death. That's all she can ask for. Champion means more than just the title.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 11:53:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

He listens. Since taking this job, he’s realized listening is a coveted skill. Most don’t listen. They hear what they want to hear.[break][break]
What he hears from her just makes her sad. It’s a hard thing, walking down the warrior’s road. Some call it the path of champions, others victory road. No matter what you call that road, the end is the same: you simply will not be the person you were before you started.[break][break]
There are other ways to help, y’know.” It’s a gentle suggestion. They need all the help they can get, Navy can’t deny that. He can’t, won’t, tell her to leave the battlefield if she’s seen it through this far. “Medical corps always need more people. Local police forces need officers with moral backbone. If you wanna shore up your defense, put yourself in a place where you gotta.” Chewing that over, he gives more practical advice. That’s what gym leaders are supposed to do.[break][break]
Barring that, catch some steel or rock Pokemon. Hard to train, but Arceus if they can’t hold a line. They’re one of my favorite types.” For a moment, he forgot his grief. The moment passes as gunmetal eyes move to where he set a marker for Ironsides.[break][break]
This war is hell, and he should be telling her to run far away.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 3:34:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Determination drives her, and Genny, despite all her bandages and wounds, should turn tail and run. Her Pokemon would live long, healthy lives if she decided to quit trying to play at a hero. Navy's response, that simple suggestion about the heroes of the medical corps, that keep people breathing. The police force with officers to protect and save those in need.[break][break]

Two pieces of advice were deposited. One, that Genny knew already worked; by placing herself in positions where she would have to defend herself, she would learn how to better. Two, to utilize Steel or Rock Typings. Of which, she had one. Wander. Her Lycanroc. One of her now longest-living companions to date, the canine showing her own prowess tenfold. It's not the advice that convinces her, but the way Navy seemed to lose his grief a moment to think of something he enjoyed.[break][break]

The smile mirrors back, Sherwood snoring quietly as she pets her, and looks to her lap. Medical know-how would help in a pinch. Perhaps a first-aid course? As for the police officers, she thinks of and , and just beams.[break][break]

"I know." They were so helpful. Gunner basically saved all those kids without her even needing to assist. Paxton practically did the job settling down the Gogoat back then. But her eyes come back up.[break][break]

"But aside from promising Ms. Miro... I haven't really done much for myself. This whole war has warped my view, and left me understanding how out of my depth I am." A hand runs through her hair, the bandages she had on under her hoodie, hiding what pain she had been dealt. And the thought carried more. "I-" she waits a moment, letting it sit in the air.[break][break]

"I want to be selfish... just once. If I can even do it." it comes out so naturally. Genny was not a selfish creature. But just this once.[break][break]

With a grin, she does remark however. "I'll keep the Steel and Rock recommendation in mind. They're definitely not the easiest type for me to work with." But then, she didn't really have a type. Wander was a special case.[break][break]

She doesn't want to go into what that one Rocket () beat out of Genny. The love of being a Ranger, of helping people. How in one night, her worldview was shattered.[break][break]

Being a Ranger was no longer enough.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- Genny takes it to heart. Knowing she can hit many birds with a single stone. The Steel-Rock type recommendation really resonates (got Meltan over Glastrier now!)[break]
- A promise to Melody, Genny intends to go through with the path of victory road. All the way she can.[break]
- A little crisis. A training arc to come for Genny.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 11:36:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

At least she can admit it’s a selfish desire. Heroism, at its core, is a selfish thing. Without a war, without people needing to be saved, there can be no heroes. Without the strong, there would be no weak. His ideal world is not a harmonious world, despite what the warrior tells himself at night.[break][break]
Her honesty is commendable.[break][break]
You won’t be the same person you are right now.” Given what she said last, it seems a strange thing to say. He’s turned towards her. His eyes carry the weight of one nearing the end of that road. “The warrior’s road changes the people who walk it. You’re gonna lose people. Gonna get scars, whether they’re on the inside or the out. Might be you’ll realize right on the brink of death that this isn’t what you want.”[break][break]
He would know. Just that day, he died. Only providence and Kyle’s powers pulled him back. Just thinking his best friend’s name made him miss the world as it was before.[break][break]
Is that what you want? That something you’re okay with? No wrong answers here. It’s your future.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 3:50:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The heroine in Genny splashes through, and her lips curve up. Navy is a really good person. He doesn't want someone to needlessly throw their life into this. There should be a little innocence in everyone. To let her go to war, maybe, is a means to preserve what light there is in Genny right now. To tell her that this road is painful. That every agonizing choice will lead to one dead end somewhere for someone. To turn her away from the horror of what sits on the road.[break][break]

And her answer, unwavering, comes through her mouth. "No sane person wants that. To walk into the ashes of war, and move through the wreckage." She remembers refuting to the other Rocket of her dream to reach for the sky, to aim as high as she can, and fire at will.[break][break]

But that doesn't change her answer. Sherwood begins to stretch like one odd little gecko-cat, getting herself comfy in her lap.[break][break]

"As it stands. I'll go down the road regardless. I can't stand seeing people suffer. To save someone's life, that's what I want. I lack that strength now. This is the best path." She may not be the same her that enters this side of the Victory Road. And she accepts that. Because her Pokemon accept her, no matter what. She will make the world a better place.[break][break]

Her smile dies down. Longingly, her hand ruffles her Treecko's head, a deep sadness she knows she feels in her heart. The hanging threads, the graves aplenty. But she can carry the weight. She'll carry that weight.[break][break]

"If I'm going down that road, I might as well have professionals guide my way." Now she's grinning at Navy. And it isn't just him. Other Gym Leaders she knows she'll meet one day, each of them she'll learn from, succeed from. She'll fight Rocket, gain more strength. Take on the world if she has to, to make it a better place.[break][break]

That's what a hero would do.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- Appreciates that Navy is telling her the hell she's walking into, and she acknowledges what it is. But she knows she would walk that path anyways.[break]
- As Sherwood stretches like a cat, Genny pets them, and reaffirms that its the best path for her.[break]
- Big grin, big smile, she's happy the people who came before her can help guide the way. The Gym Challenge, a learning experience too.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:22:34 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

She sounds just like his brother. He wonders if, in time, he’ll look down at her casket, too. He wonders if half her face will be sheared down to the bone. It’s a thought the gym leader doesn’t want to dwell on. What he’d give for a better world, where she could run the gym circuit and feel like a hero.[break][break]
Gonna leave you to it for now.” He says, giving her a gentle pat on the shoulder. “Everybody deserves to mourn in their own way. Come down to my gym, sometime. If you want a steel pokemon to get you started, I’ll have some ready to go for you. Seems only fair I help you start.”[break][break]
Picking up his guitar, he walks for the edge of the grotto. It’s a short walk back up to the world above, with all its worries. His heavy boots stop at the lip of the place. The sheriff doesn’t turn back to look at her, his voice simply carries across the vast space.[break][break]
Heroes, huh? You know…it wasn’t Rocket, who killed my Pokemon. It was one of the Elite 4. Did it while he was trying to do somethin’ real stupid.” A small pause. “Makes you wonder who the real bad guys are, doesn’t it?” And for added effect: “Sorry. Weird thing to say. See you around.”[break][break]
She should know that a den of sevipers waits for her at the end of the road.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:50:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

A sweet man. Even so far as to let her mourn the way she needs to. Genny adores this man already, and she knows that in her head already. When the invitation is given to his Gym, Genny's sunny smile widens, excitement coloring her cheeks red.[break][break]

While the good Sheriff is leaving though... that was when the world turned upside down. Her hazel gaze meets him as he speaks.[break][break]

Her smile drops, her cheeks hurt. The truth comes out, and it spins Genny for a loop, face hung low. Easy to point fingers at the big evil organization, to pull them to justice and fight on. How many Rockets came to mind? Pulled into this hell by debt, doing their job because they didn't have a choice... and yet, a League member cost him his Pokemon.[break][break]

"See you soon..." The uncertainty dyes her tongue, driving her motor skills. She flops onto her back. Eyes to the ceiling of their little grotto.[break][break]

That one Rocket... (). Her words ebb and flow through her head.[break][break]

... the League hides and gatekeeps scientific progress... in Rocket, my work is funded and I can do my work freely...[break][break]

Her expression deepens. Then another. ().[break][break]

It's not a matter of what life I want... we're leaving. Please don't follow us...[break][break]

Her face darkens. Then another. ().[break][break]

Call something to come get you. If I pass through here again and find your corpse, that dumb dog will roll in their grave...[break][break]

She closes her eyes. ()[break][break]

I figured that I could be different from them, y'know? ... But I'm not. I've hurt people today... Doubt I can ever make amends. I can't ever leave.[break][break]

It's not just Rocket that needs fixing... is it?

[break][break]

NOTES

- OFF-DUTY ATTIRE[break]
- Navy is a sweet man, and Genny already adores this guy. Wowee. A solid guy...[break]
- The he drops the bombshell before leaving. And Genny goes through a crisis all itself. Remembering RT threads aplenty.[break]
- Between Lulu, Xiura, Mint, and Howard... Genny comes to a conclusion. It isn't just Rocket that needs fixing. Is it?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
recuérdame [s]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 2:48:13 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: