Yuina Higashi
The Light of Learning [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 19:36:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Doing her best, especially given everything that she had been doing as of recently, Yuina still wanted to better herself and learn as much as she could to... Well, she wasn't sure where she was at in any Pokemon training, if at all, in her 'past life' but she could assume that just like anyone she at least knew how many types of Pokemon there were and didn't see a brand new Pokemon that she'd never seen before every day...[break]
What she'd found was the University in Slateport was a great resource, among others, to learn just about anything she could want. She'd already learned about mega evolution, and learned about terastalizing, and was learning every day about the new Pokemon that she was finding, but she still wanted to know more. There was a workshop going on at the University about 'Infinity Energy' and the relationship between 'Illumina' Pokemon, and by itself that sounded fascinating, never mind that Yuina had absolutely no frame of reference for what that meant.[break]
And so it was, Yuina made sure that she was in the front row of the workshop to learn about this concept that was brand new information to her, ready to soak up as much knowledge as she could manage!

notes[break]
Mission: Pokemon Pedagogy -> Slateport Upper District[break]
Bewitching Brew: 1/5 Reference 'Infinity Energy'[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 3:31:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Despite the impending apocalypse Nomi was currently doing her absolute best to thwart, she still managed to find time to teach workshops at Slateport University when she wasn't working on her thesis with . She was starting to realize that she liked teaching, it was fulfilling. She enjoyed the excited looks on the faces of her audience when they started to connect the dots, have miniature revelations as she guided them through the process of understanding a given phenomenon.[break][break]
Most often, she taught about Terastallization - her current specialty - but today she found herself gesturing animatedly at Valerian, her Illumina Sylveon, as she explained the finer details of Infinity Energy and its affects on Pokemon.[break][break]
"As for when humanity started to notice the Illumina phenomnenon, some argue it was 2000 years ago when the Tellur Meteorite descended on the Lental region, however, murals in the Outaway Cave and Ruins of Remembrance indicate that Illumina Pokémon existed before then. In fact, some reseachers stand firmly by the hypothesis that Illumina Pokemon were responsible for warding off the disaster the Tellur meteor ought to have caused when it impacted."[break][break]
After the lecture, Nomi waited by the podium in case anyone had questions - it was then that she noticed a young woman lingering somewhat awkwardly nearby, clearly intent on approaching Nomi...well, nobody else was waiting, were they? Nomi waved the woman over.[break][break]
"Hi there," she greeted pleasently. "I noticed you sitting in the first row. Is there anything I can further illuminate for you?"[break][break]
She grinned a little at the rather stupidly obvious joke. would be proud of that one.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Mission: Pokemon Pedagogy[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 16:16:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There were many, many things that went clean over Yuina's head as she sat through the lecture, she had no frame of reference for anything that the woman was talking about in regards to history and past events... Maybe she did need to try and look at some kind of schooling if she wasn't going to get any of her memories back any time soon...[break]
In any case, what did catch Yuina's attention and held it was the glittering and shimmering Pokemon that the woman had with her, the example for the lecture and what the 'Illumina' phenomena actually looked like. She could swear, even though they clearly weren't the same pokemon though, that the way it was glowing and sparkling with light, that her pokemon looked exactly the way that 's did.[break][break]
In some of her more recent endeavors too, traveling about the region... Yuina wondered, if a Pokemon that she had come across recently, was it maybe also the same thing as the glittering Pokemon that stood on the stage?[break]
The woman thanked everyone for coming to the lecture, and while Yuina wasn't sure at which point if questions were allowed, or if she could approach, or how this environment really worked on the regular, the woman did spot her out standing awkwardly to the side, and greeted her with a well meant joke. Yuina smiled, at leas the door was open now, and she moved forward as she glanced again at the blue Pokemon.[break][break]
"Uh, yeah, hi! Uhm, I'm kind of new to a lot of this stuff, so I hope it's okay that I don't have really super specific knowledge questions...," she approached, was she supposed to be able to contribute to the discussion? She had zero information...[break]
"I do have a question though, about your Pokemon? Are those kinds of Pokemon in the wild?"

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 4:46:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi flashed the young woman a gentle, encouraging smile, in hopes of easing whatever nerves she might be feeling.[break][break]
"Yes, the illumina phenomenon can be found in the wild. It is rare, but possible."[break][break]
She glanced down at Valerian. Though he was technically glowing, it was harder to see beneath the fluorescent lights of the lecture hall. It would be much more obvious were they standing in a dimly lit room.[break][break]
"In many cases, a Pokemon that already belongs to someone will encounter the right, hm, conditions to become affected by illumina energy. My Valerian here did not start off this way, but began to emit the illumina glow after we had a particularly intense experience inside of a powerful space-time distortion."[break][break]
She smiled pleasantly, as if it were perfectly normal to find one's self inside of such an anomaly.[break][break]
"In any case, why do you ask? Are you hoping to acquire such a Pokemon?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 22:43:21 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

At least it didn't seem like her not having anything in particular to contribute to the discussion wasn't a deterrent at all, the woman was very kind and still invited Yuina forward to ask her question about Illumina Pokemon. She spoke first about her own Pokemon, the blue Pokemon with adorned ribbons that was really very cute, and how that at first it wasn't an 'illumina' Pokemon, until...[break]
A time-space distortion did that to the Pokemon? She didn't know that distortions could have other affects, what if they were the same kind of energy...?[break][break]
"What about a distortion would do that to a Pokemon? Are distortions made out of the same energy that you talked about in the lecture, infinity energy," Yuina asked then, it was so curious... And exactly the kind of information that she needed...[break][break]
"Oh, uh, I don't think I need to look for a Pokemon like that? I might have already found one," Yuina returned then, taking out the Pokeball that she had thought to bring with her at learning that there was a lecture going on. She turned the ball over in her hands before opening it, revealing a shimmering blue Flareon from its beam.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:40:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was a very good question, one that Nomi approved of. This young woman clearly had a clever head on her shoulders.[break][break]
"We don't know exactly," she answered matter-of-factly. "Current research tells us that there is some connection between the space-time distortions and the distortion world within which the legendary Pokemon Giratina sometimes resides." She sighed. "I have been trying to gather data on the distortions, but they are rather fickle - here one day, gone the next."[break][break]
The young woman surprised Nomi, then, by claiming she, too, was in possession of an Illumina Pokemon. Curious, Nomi watched as she released a Flareon that did, indeed, have the very same otherworldly glow as Valerian.[break][break]
"Yes! You have found one," Nomi exclaimed, kneeling down to get a better look. She held out her hand for the Flareon to sniff. "Where did you find it, if not a distortion?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 23:17:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

A connection was enough for Yuina to bookmark this information for sure, that was the beginning of everything, with what she and were trying to discern. If they could figure out what kind of energy signatures the distortions gave off and hone in on it, then they could really start to understand how they were formed and if they could be understood and tracked...[break][break]
"That's... Uhm, I am too, I'm trying to learn more about distortions... I don't know much about the other kind of distortion you just mentioned, but the time-space distortions, I really want to learn more about them," she mentioned, she'd never heard 'Giratina' before, but she remembered a handful of different times that legendary Pokemon had been mentioned... Hmm...[break]
"Is there another kind of 'legendary' Pokemon that is linked to the time-space distortions," she wondered, she'd never given a thought, not that she really had the thought to give in the first place. She supposed it made sense though, if 'legendary pokemon' were supposed to be as powerful as the handful of things she could recall, then maybe a Pokemon was tied to those too?[break][break]
Lumei shook out his pale blue fur as the Flareon stretched a bit on his paws, and his long ears flicked at the sound of the woman's voice regarding him. He turned to her, and found her hand offered out to him, and the fire type moved forward to sniff at the gesture, content in the current situation.[break]
"I... Guess it makes perfect sense... There was a distortion recently around Fortree City, I found him out that way, and that could probably explain why..."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:08:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi smiled as the Flareon approached, his curious nose making contact with her hand as he sniffed. Valerian prowled forward, stepping in front of Nomi and nudging her hand away with an air of jealousy. She chuckled, then stood up again, allowing the two Illumina Pokemon to interact. After a moment, Valerian seemed to accept the Flareon, and the two began to paw at each other affectionately.[break][break]
"We know frustratingly little about the distortions, so your interest in them is most appreciated," Nomi explained. "The more people studying them, the better." Knowledge ought not be gate-kept: the conflict between Rocket and League was wearing on Nomi, precisely because it slowed down their collective progress.[break][break]
"Other legendaries? Hm, well, I have long suspected Palkia and Dialga may have some connection to the space-time distortions, for obvious reasons: one can manipulate spatial reality, the other has control over time." She shrugged. "I am far more interested in the Unown and what they might know, however."[break][break]
Something occurred to her all of a sudden, and her crimson eyes widened.[break][break]
"I just realized," Nomi said, apologetic. "You obviously know who I am - since you came to my workshop - but I haven't asked for your name." Her smile turned sheepish. "And does he have a name, too?" She glanced down at the Flareon.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:37:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There should be more people studying distortions... It still baffled Yuina that there was so little information out there about them, about what they were, what caused them, what they could do... Like taking people from one point in time to another...[break]
"I'm going to try, to study them, I think it's really important... If you ever have more lectures about that kind of information, I'll be there, I really want to try and figure out how they work," Yuina returned, she was on board now more than ever, if only for the burning question of why or how what happened to her the way that it did...[break][break]
Then the woman explained more about the Pokemon she suspected and could be theorized to be involved with the time-space distortions... They actually had the power each to alter reality and time... Was a Pokemon responsible for, or the cause of her blight...?[break]
"I've... Never heard of Palkia or Dialga before... What is known about them? Has anyone seen either one before," she wondered, though her tone did change... The idea or notion that there could actually be a cause or reason, a power, that made her lose her entire life... It changed everything about how she viewed her situation...[break][break]
"Oh, uhm, I'm Yuina, and this is Lumei... It's really nice to meet you, and thank you, so much for being here today, you've been really helpful," Yuina thanked graciously as she gave her name, this lecture and everything after was more fruitful to Yuina than the woman would ever know...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 17:41:54 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

There was a certain curious urgency to the way Yuina asked about the space-time distortions, as if she had more than just a passing academic interest in them. In fact, her expression was so eerily familiar to Nomi, a sudden deja-vu caught hold of her as she listened to the young woman speak. It reminded her of...[break][break]
Herself. The way she had been hungry for any information on her parents, before she'd discovered the truth of their disappearance.[break][break]
Does she have some kind of personal connection to the distortions?[break][break]
Now that would certainly be interesting. And, potentially, a trait that might draw the DRK Triad out of hiding, should they sniff out the anamoly.[break][break]
"There have been sightings, of Palkia and Dialga," Nomi answered truthfully. Littleroot. Mt. Pyre. It seemed like a lifetime ago. "But they are elusive. Nobody has been able to track them down since. While they are not the primary focus of my own research, I have been looking for leads."[break][break]
She smiled, then, but it had a slightly fierce edge. Would this Yuina be willing to take potential risks to find the answers she was seeking?[break][break]
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Yuina and Lumei. If it interests you, I could use a research assistant willing to aid me in traversing Hoenn in search of distortions. One of the primary challenges with studying them is their short-lived temporality. I'd also like to find out if they can manifest within the other rifts we've discovered over the past year - such as the Ultra Deep Sea, Ultra Plant, and Lesser Megalopolis, to name a few."[break][break]
She held out her hands as if in offering.[break][break]
"Would you be willing to help me?"
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 18:49:09 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It almost sounded to good to be true, the offer of being a research assistant to studying distortions, the very thing that caused her to be in the position in life that she was in right now? And this woman, she was a scholar, a scientist, like , surely... This had the path and opportunity to lead her to what she could be seeking?[break][break]
"Yes, absolutely yes," Yuina nodded, reaching out for the offered handshake in agreement.[break]
"I'll help with the research any way that I can, count me in."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 1:35:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights