awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
que sera, sera [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 21:41:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekdreams]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
PT. I, REMINISCENCE

[attr=class,bulk]
Staring awake at the ceiling of a broken home, Derek ponders his life up until this point. Whether the good of his deeds outweighed the bad things he's seen and endured. It was a torturous thing to do to himself, quelled only by the bottle at his side. The one thing helping him...to...sleep...
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
"Jonesy, wake up! We can't be late!" The sound of an alarm causes the GYM LEADER to bolt upright, realizing he'd overslept. It was the day of his first gym challenge, and the little guy was supposed to be learning how to battle. Little time is spent getting ready before the trainer whisks the little Sobble out the door, destined for Petalburg Gym.
[break]
[break]
The chaos of the match encapsulates Jonesy, to the point it was no longer a lesson, but entertainment. Even in defeat, Derek tossed the young trainer a badge for their efforts. Congratulated them for sticking to their guns to whatever end awaited them.
[break]
[break]
"So what did you learn?"
[break]
[break]
There is no answer to the words falling upon the Sobble. Jonesy doesn't understand why he awarded them a badge when they lost. Derek does his best not to look disappointed, but it shows as a tug at the corner of his lip. "C'mon, what did you see?"
[break]
[break]
Jonesy offers an answer by pointing to Derek, suggesting he was the winner of this contest.
[break]
[break]
"So you didn't really pay attention to that kid or his pokemon, did you?"
[break]
[break]
Upset at what felt like a scolding, Jonesy sinks into himself, remaining silent.
[break]
[break]
"Then you should've at least realized Randal almost lost."
[break]
[break]
Another look shows Derek's Machamp falling to it's knees, the poison exacting it's toll and gradually causing the gym leader's pokemon to collapse. "It was more of a tie than anything else." A hand reaches out with a pokeball to collect the Machamp before moving to pat the Sobble on it's head. "But I can't afford sending you out there if you're not ready. I'm sure you want to because she never let you. So if you really want to fight out there, then I need you to prove it. To us. I can't risk you getting hurt, y'know?"

[break]
[break]

tags jonesy [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
derek's bedroom

home (petalburg city)

[attr=class,derekdreamscredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekdreams .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .accentborder, .derekdreams .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .accenttext, .derekdreams .bulk b, .derekdreams .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 320px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 235px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/1c/fe/FcT9Tcci_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0),rgba(50,50,50,0));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .lyric1, .derekdreams .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 20px; bottom: 22px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 22px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .lyric1 div, .derekdreams .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .lyric1]bottom: 46px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 235px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: ; font-size: 35px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .bulk]margin-top: 335px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekdreams .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreamscredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreamscredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
que sera, sera [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 22:39:23 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekdreams1]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
PT. II, FAMILY

[attr=class,bulk]
As Derek rolls over in bed, there is an evident shift in the dial of his conscience.
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
Playful laughter echoes throughout a familiar household, and with it the face of those he has not seen in a very long time. It was her birthday, and their household is full of life. It felt distant, but Derek was able to smile a little as he watched his sister opening her presents. He remembers this moment, all the way up until his "gift" explodes in a burst of confetti. His sibling's screams fill him with laughter, even now.
[break]
[break]
"It wasn't very funny." An older brunette speaks, appearing beside him on what seems to be a couch. "Not then, anyway." The smile she flashes is the only thing telling Derek who she is.
[break]
[break]
"What are you doing here?" Though dreaming, Derek still knows her to be dead.
[break]
[break]
"Is that any way to greet your sister after all this time?"
[break]
[break]
Unable to overcome all the thoughts and feelings spilling their way into his head, Derek simply looks down at the ground. Failing to take in the joy of the moment they were reliving before their very eyes.
[break]
[break]
"You still owed me a picture, remember?"
[break]
[break]
The memory floods in, reminding Derek when he was much more rude to his little sister. Not because he didn't care about her, but because she'd always clung to her older brother growing up. He wanted the little girl to find her own way, her own friends, rather than follow after him. He never asked to be her role model.
[break]
[break]
"...Yeah, I remember."
[break][break]
Handing him a pair of her favorite sunglasses from their childhood, the two pose for a selfie before she asks him a question about the only part of their family who seems to be missing.
[break]
[break]
"So how's Jonesy been without me?"
[break]
[break]
". . ." (Dream goes black with guilt)

[break]
[break]

tags the deceased (little sister) [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
the hoffman's living room

home (blackthorn city)

[attr=class,derekdreams1credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekdreams1 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .accentborder, .derekdreams1 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .accenttext, .derekdreams1 .bulk b, .derekdreams1 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 320px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 235px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/16/c2/uHzOCdPb_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0),rgba(50,50,50,0));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .lyric1, .derekdreams1 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 20px; bottom: 22px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 22px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .lyric1 div, .derekdreams1 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .lyric1]bottom: 46px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 235px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: ; font-size: 35px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .bulk]margin-top: 335px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekdreams1 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekdreams1credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]