3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 6:54:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Sometime after the party…

It was off to Rustboro! Thankfully it wasn’t too far of a trip thanks to the Teleport Express, and there they were. A pirate and an action superhero joining the crowds of people who were going around Trick or Treating.

Heck, he even saw someone dressed up like a mummy accompanied by a Yamask… wasn’t that getting into the theme a lot?!

(Normally he would go to Halloween parties dressed up as a wolf, but that was getting too old, and the furry jokes were getting to be a little much, so it was time to morph back into something that was human-like, for him at least.)

“So…” he mused, looking at the crowds.

“Want to try our luck getting candy?”

Despite being way over the age limit for trick or treating.

time for some candy

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 7:10:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was also well over the age limit for collecting candy. That wasn't why he was going around Rustboro, though. He was there to show the young ones around the place his costume! It was a labor of love, the Mauville Leader's adoration of Raikou perhaps greater than that of anyone else in Hoenn.

He wondered what would have thought of his costume.

Thankfully, the young man had a teleporting ride Pokémon of his own, Lars perhaps remembering it from their less-than-legal Gym Challenge a few months prior. "I'm actually going to let you indulge yourself in that. I'll just be keeping you company and seeing if Rustboro will be just as impressed as Mauville at seeing their latest Avatar, Josh Devlin the Signer!"

What a wishful thinker. Could his body even handle the high dosage of Infinity Energy needed to be an Avatar in the first place?

NOTE: Saber is not yet a Shadow Pokémon for this thread.

{WC: 150}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 7:57:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but put up the eyepatch for a bit and snort in his direction.

“To be fair, it’s Halloween, so you do what you want to,” he snorted.

Although, he did wonder if the other could withstand being an Avatar… because he was literally with one, even though most of the general public didn’t know that he was having problems with his legendary patron!

I don’t even know how he’d survive all that infinity energy if ever, the damned thing that happened to me almost fucking killed me the first time! he thought quietly as he tilted his pirate hat in passing to fellow dressed-up pirates.

time for some candy

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 8:22:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
He wasn't wrong. This was the one day of the year where he could feel like he was the hero he wanted to be. The hero of his dreams. The person he wanted to be. Given the issues Lars was having, was Avatarship as dreamy as Josh's imagination made it out to be? Probably not. While his Sygna Suit exposed him to quite a bit of Infinity Energy, that of a legendary Pokémon was on a totally different level.

"And remember, Raikou, not so fast. Our pirate friend here is on foot. He can't exactly go from zero to 240 in twelve seconds like you can," the self-proclaimed Signer joked. The Manectric maintained pace with Lars as they headed down Rustboro's largest residential district, the Gym Leader getting compliments about his glowing sword. Not one of the children or adults accompanying him recognized Saber's costume. Was Raikou's very existence a well-kept Johtonian secret?

{WC: 154}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 13:00:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“They like your costume, you know,” he spoke up some time later, seeing that there was someone holding a bucket of candy for anyone to take some from—of course he would indulge himself in a handful, before getting a second handful and offering it to the mounted knight.

“They seem to think you’re some kind of a high fantasy knight. Well, that should be what it is, considering nobody has guessed what Saber’s supposed to be, by and far.”

Once the other would take the handful of candy off his hands, he would then pick at one by peeling the wrapper and sticking it in his mouth—ooh, a chocolate ‘golden’ coin.

“Remember that new year’s bar crawl from earlier his year?” he hummed a few moments later as he tipped his hat to several more similarly-clad pirates they passed.

“I don’t know how you managed to get through that without drinking a single drop of alcohol!” he cackled.

time for some candy

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 6:25:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh happily accepted the handful of candy from Lars. While he wasn't going to collect it directly from residents of Rustboro, he wouldn't say no to some from his friend and coworker! "I guess Raikou isn't too well-known outside Johto, huh?" Josh mused, striking a pose from the back of his electric mount for the young ones to take pictures of. In his getup, the Gym Leader looked like a god of thunder himself.

"I do remember," Josh recalled the trip they had taken across Hoenn, hitting up all the sports bars in the region. "Easy. I don't drink. Sports bars are more than just beer, you know. They've got good eats, and there's postseason football. What more can you ask for?" He paused to let one more child take a picture of him before readying himself to cross the street. "Sadly Goldenrod's not doing too well. Our quarterback's thumb injury got worse, and he's out for at least six games."

{WC: 161}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 18:18:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Would seem that way,” he mused as he peeled off the ‘gold’ wrapper from another chocolate coin and bit into it.

(He would have to check the other sweet treats later; because what if there were almonds, the damned things that could kill him if he didn’t watch himself…)

While the other was busy having his picture taken by more kids who were gaping at the knight’s armor, he’d stopped by for a couple selfies with fellow pirates who were ‘yarrrr’-ing around (basically photobombing when he could) before they got to the intersection to cross the street.

“Geez. Handegg. What a weird sport!”

time for some candy

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 19:15:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Every region has their own fables and their own gods," Josh replied as the two crossed the street to the next block. "Johto's god of speed has just... resonated with me since I was young. It's a big part of what influenced me to be a Pokémon racer. I think Hoenn's a better place as a result of that influence, too." Mauville becoming a sports hub raised tourism to the city several-fold. He was able to turn his hobby of speedsports into something truly difference-making. Something that left Hoenn's army high in spirits: entertainment between dire missions.

While he had not run into other medieval knights, there were other sword wielders on the streets. One that was dressed as a traditional Kantonian samurai walked up to Josh and clinked swords with him as the two passed one another. A local equivalent, for those with knowledge of the lost region's traditions.

"You're not wrong; there's a reason it only really took off recently outside Unova,"
Josh remarked as Avatar and Gym Leader approached one of the city's wealthier districts. "A lot of people think team sport athletes are overpaid. Football players earn every dime they get. It's almost more dangerous than being on the front lines against Rocket. Almost."

{WC: 209}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 18:05:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

When the other mentioned how overpaid athletes were, he let out a genuine bark of laughter.

“You have no idea how fucking true that statement is!” he cackled as his own mind went to the proper variation of football that he was familiar with (which the Unovans hilariously called ‘soccer’, like how the hell did that shit even make sense?!) and realizing that some of the highest-paid players were the forwards, or the strikers. Never the goalies…

“At least athletes only have to worry about their opponents in the field of play. We, on the other hand have to worry about much more especially when they are concerned, wouldn’t you say so?”

They soon approached the wealthier section of Mauville, and he let out a whistle through his teeth.

“Damn. This place be too fancy for me pirate bones,” he cracked; never mind that he didn’t let the other’s commentary about their preferred Legendary Pokémon slide.

“You know, I know so many variations of the tales regarding the Weather Trio, but I didn’t end up with either one of the three. One of my friends did, though.”

(Hi .)

“And I understand why wants to study the effects of infinity energy in more detail especially when… you know, people like me are concerned.”

time for some candy

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 7:19:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh raised his hand toward Lars at how boisterous his cursing was. "Not so loud! There's kids around!" he protested. It was true even in his own field; while racing wasn't a team sport, pro racers made so much money, and not just from performances. A lot of their money was in sponsorships.

"True..." Josh sighed, swishing his blade about as though he were performing an elaborate, stylish finishing move against a helpless foe. As Lars remarked about Rustboro's wealthy district with a whistle, Josh let out a chuckle of his own. "This place's wealthy neighborhoods are like the middle class neighborhoods in Mauville. If you think people are rich, we should do another round of this back home. Some people in Mauville Hills are making some serious lettuce."

The mention of got Josh daydreaming about the unforgettable birthday present she gave him last year. "I wonder if I could handle Rayquaza any easier now. Did I ever tell you I got to fly with her last year?"

{WC: 169}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 16:52:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Around here? Most’a the kids we seen are over that-a-way, arrrr,” he continued in the same pirate accent as he pointed over his shoulder.

“Y’ think these filthy-rich landlubbers care abou’ givin’ candy to th’ kids?” he went on, winking at the other and just going full pirate mode now.

(Did he bring a flask of tequila? He may not have, but he was halfway there!)

“No, you haven’t told me anythin’ that you’ve been doin’ lately, but then again, so have I… but then again, fair. Wait. Back up.”

He blinked at the pronouncement that she had allowed him to ride the Sky Serpent…

“Damn,” he whistled.

time for some candy

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
candy dreams [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 21:10:22 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: