Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:34:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Oiii. I control water, not stinkiness." The idea of someone just dodging the need to shower by magicking away their own funk was as hilarious as it was gross. "I'm an Avatar! I'm all big and important now! Grrr, you better show me some respect!"[break][break]

He couldn't even finish with a straight face before doubling over from laughter. It was almost surreal, seeing him crumpled on the water's surface as if atop a glass floor. No amount of freakish powers from beyond the veil could take Isaac's Isaac-ness away from him.[break][break]

"Arceus, no. If I ever become a jerk about it, slap some sense into me, okay?" As Isaac popped back up to his feet, he turned to Suicune and flashed them a genuine smile. "These gifts are so I can help guide and heal people, and fight for those who can't fight for themselves. Not so I can lord them over people."[break][break]

Such was the way of the Liberator. Suicune would rather choose a shameless goof than a tyrant in the making.[break][break]

He would, however, lord certain other knowledge over Eris. "Oh, Eris. Eris, Eris, Eris. Don't play dumb with me." His tone was playful, but from the spark in his eyes it was clear the game had changed. "You said it yourself. I always find a way."[break][break]

"No escaping this time, birthday girl."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:49:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You bet I'd kick your ass. Avatar or not." She snorts, rolling her eyes at just how easily he lays on the ocean as if it's nothing. "You'd have to train real hard if you wanna go all evil on me."[break][break]

Ah, but does he really when he's got such a crucial piece of information? She'd take a step back in the moment if she could, but the way Kuji begins to backpedal is more than enough to make up for it.[break][break]

How did he know? Who told him? There's no way it's Reiner, especially when she can feel the goosebumps underneath all that fur.[break][break]

No escaping? Oh, she'll make a way.[break][break]

In an instant, mist swallows them all, her Wailmer beginning to swim the quickest he's ever swam whilst hidden. Why is she running? Not a single part of her brain understands it, other than that growing notion that she shouldn't get caught here. Not like this.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 16:01:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Why do I have to give her ideas?"[break][break]

In Isaac's defense, he didn't expect Eris to take that so literally. Did she really find the idea of her birthday being celebrated that horrible? A part of him felt guilty. A part of him knew letting her get lost in the ocean at midnight would be a really, really bad move.[break][break]

The worst part? Unlike Suicune, Eris wouldn't just let him win.[break][break]

Even moreso than liquid water, mist had this frustrating tendency to fill any space it could touch. Isaac tried to part it, but with each movement of his hands more came to take its place. Typical. Suicune's great Tailwind could part it in a moment, but outside of a sympathetic smile they offered nothing. Typical.[break][break]

Sight was off the table, but maybe Isaac didn't need that. Wailmer were big creatures, and this one was swimming fast. Isaac closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and let himself feel.[break][break]

There. The second he felt the Wailmer's wake brush against his feet, he took off. Eris was a wily one, but could she outrun the wind itself? As his body unfurled and the winds took him, only the whistling that cut through the air would betray his approach.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 16:11:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh stars, oh heavens. What in the world made her think anything could outrun the wind itself? Even with the cover of mist, she can sense the breeze coming for them, the sharp whistling like those tunes that some kind of maniac make at midnight to scare kids still out and about.[break][break]

Evasive manoeuvres? How the hell is she meant to be evading any of this? She doesn't have any ice to slow his advances, and neither is she trying to hurt him -[break][break]

"You won't take me before the sunrise!!" She yells back. It makes no sense, but in the moment, it feels like the right thing to say. Why doesn't she want him catching up to her? Is it so bad that he knows?[break][break]

Why is she avoiding him like her life depends on it?

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 17:27:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]An evil laugh ripped from Isaac'd throat, big and bombastic enough to ripple the mists.[break][break]

Eris may not have known what she was doing, but he did. If she was going to be thr defiant little hero, then he'd play the role of the hammy, over the top villain. The unknown was scary. The unknown putting on a big, villainous mustache while petting a tiny pink cat was goofy.[break][break]

What better way to defang Eris' fears than by making a big game of it?[break][break]

"Oh, but I will~!" he said, continuing to ride that hammed-up monologue for all it was worth. "I'm the wind itself! I can be anywhere-" Isaac's silhouette emerged from the mists, running side by side with Eris. It last for but a precious few seconds before unraveling again.[break][break]

"At anytime-" Again, Isaac reformed, this time to Eris' right instead of her left. Even running backwards, he was able to keep pace shockingly well.[break][break]

"And do anything!" He was riding atop a wave now, casually reclining back as it carried him forward. Moments before it risked wiping him out, Isaac disappeared again.[break][break]

Eris would feel a gentle tap on her shoulder. If she looked, she would find nothing there. This was because, after tapping her shoulder, Isaac had run off to be in front of her once more. He unraveled from the winds one last time, parting just enough of the mist for her to see the big, stupid grin on his face.[break][break]

"Ooga booga booga!" She'd probably seen scarier jumpscares playing Five Nights At Freddy's.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 22:19:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh, he was... Okay, she had ran and given him reason to chase, but why was he laughing like some kind of goofy, comical villain? As he begins to pop up from one spot then another, he keeps up, even while being stupid and running without his eyes on the ocean ahead.[break][break]

He really should be grateful that there isn't some rogue wave to trip him up for his hubris.[break][break]

When she feels that tap on her shoulder, she definitely looks back. But when there's nothing there, Reiner is the only one who gets to watch the moment in which Isaac decides to be some spirit of the sea. And he'll roll his eyes, huffing as he raises a paw and gently places it right against the 'big bad's' face.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 0:16:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"That's right! I'm unstoppabl-"[break][break]

With a single paw to the face, Isaac dramatically breathed his last. He slowly crumpled to the water's surface, wheezing like the air being squeezed from the bottom of a ketchup bottle. "Nooooooooooooo!" he rasped, with the lung capacity of a man who very much was not dying. "Impossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"[break][break]

His voice rose up from the depths, a "terrifying" and "vengeful" specter. "You may have vanquished me today, but I'll always come back," he warned. "Maybe next time, it'll be with freshly baked goods! Might brownies be your doom? Or maybe cookies? Dare I even suggest . . . a cake!?" How sinister.[break][break]

"Yes, Eris, live in fear. For I, the Ghost of Birthdays Future, will never be laid to rest. Not until you . . . have a happy birthday!" Dun dun dunnnnnn! "Though, maybe time with a good friend and a chance to meet a Pokemon right out of the history books is as good a start as any."[break][break]

There it was. If there were any doubts before, now it was official. Isaac was trying to help Eris take a step closer to her goals through the medium of a birthday present. Said historical Pokemon may not have been visible for now, but his Pressure could still be felt. Perhaps it was in the way the waves no longer obstructed Eris and Isaac, allowing this little theater to play out undisturbed.[break][break]

Maybe Isaac was allowed a little hubris, now that he had a mythical beast on his side.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 0:34:19 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Like always, Reiner is the one to vanquish the great threat. The Luxray pulls his paw away and staring down at it as if attempting to think back on whether he's accidentally electrocuted Isaac along with it.[break][break]

No matter how much flair he has for dramatics, the way he acts simply doesn't match the words he's speaking. And as she endures the one-sided monologue that all big bad villains are somehow entitled to and will always pull, she can't help but snort. Freshly baked goods? Brownies? Cookies and cake? Is he even capable of baking such things?[break][break]

"You're so goofy." What else can she call it? What else should she? As her Wailmer begins to accept their defeat, he slows down until he matches the pace of the rolling waves. "You'd be such a bad ghost."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 1:51:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"And proud." With his little show over, he popped back up to his feet. The mists parted around them, revealing that Isaac looked every bit as goofy as he sounded. How could anyone be scared of that big ol' grin?[break][break]

At the mention of being a bad ghost, though, an indignant huff slipped out. "Ah, c'mon. With how quick you ran from the idea of a nice birthday, I totally thought I'd have you scared." He didn't, but Eris would be happier if she felt like she'd triumphed over something. "Ah well. I've got dozens of chances to find better material."[break][break]

With that little tease out of the way, Isaac's eyes softened. "Look. I just know everything's been a Lot lately, you know? For everyone, sure. But I know just how much of it's fallen on your shoulders." They were such small, shaky shoulders, a girl a dozen years old forced through a dozen lifetimes of tragedy. She didn't deserve it, even when she brought it on herself. "So I just wanted to give you something to smile about. And I couldn't think of a better time to do it."[break][break]

Last time, he and tried to figure it out, to no avail. This time, he had a mon on the inside. Mesprit seemed strangely excited to see him, and that gave him the chance to ask when Eris' birthday was. It took a whole lot of cookie baking to appease the wandering legend, but in the end he'd gotten the goods. Yes, this plan took negotiating with two legendaries. No, he somehow didn't regret it.[break][break]

"I dunno. Maybe it's silly, but . . . well, you said it yourself."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 2:58:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A nice birthday? She doesn't quite know what to say, nor feel about it. For a moment, she's silent, staring down at her hands as she twiddles her thumbs.[break][break]

When was the last time she'd spent a proper birthday? Even and had struggled to wrangle her into attending any of the parties they'd organised. Something in her chest flutters - A warmth, a chill. Clinging to Reiner, he is her anchor that keeps it all at bay.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 3:44:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Eris' silence was as expected as it was unfortunate. The girl ran in mortal terror from the concept of a birthday, for reasons neither of them could quite comprehend. The concept of long-term happiness, something Eris always claimed to want but found herself denying herself time and time again, would be even harder to wrap her head around.[break][break]

Rocket fucked her up. The war fucked her up. The League's suspicion fucked her up. Everyone she knew and love leaving fucked her up. Some of these were tragedies. Some of these happened for understandable reasons. Some of these were problems she created for herself. Nevertheless, the truth was that each hurt more than the last. Eris' psyche was a gaping, festering wound that never had a chance to heal.[break][break]

Maybe, for once, what she needed was a little bit of time and trust.[break][break]

Rather than say anything else, Isaac sat by her side.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:26:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's plenty of space on Kuji's head and he simply glides along with the waters as Isaac too, takes a seat. Time passes them by, thoughts cross her mind and short her wires. If she lets this be one good birthday, what will come next year? If she lets herself be happy, how long until it gets taken away?[break][break]

Keep your expectations low, and you won't ever get hurt.[break][break]

And yet, Isaac's presence makes that feel like an impossible feat. The faintest sparks of joy he brings just by being here with her, the comfortable silence that sits between them even though they have so much that they must want to say to one another. She knows she does, but her tongue is full of knots and twists, every breath raking up her throat and lost to the waves lapping at the Wailmer.[break][break]

It's already good, isn't it? Knowing that he's been fighting Suicune all just to get them to meet her? Knowing that he's kept his promise of finding her birthday out to celebrate it? Knowing that in his own way, he cares so much. For someone as broken and messed up as she is.[break][break]

Him meeting her had been pure chance, but him staying right here and nowhere else in this very moment... Him being there through her outbursts and mania, him just waiting for her was sheer choice.[break][break]

Sneaking a peek with her one good eye, she knows she meets his gaze and quickly drops her own back down. Anxiously continuing to run her thumbs over one another, she wishes she really had a piece of string to start twisting and melding into some kind of pretty pattern. At the very least, that meant that she would have something to show him after all his effort for her. A gift of her own, as stupid as the idea seemed when she really thought through it.[break][break]

Trading some kind of party trick for a whole year of mulling it over and getting to meet a creature of legend? What a riot.[break][break]

Quietly, she leans on his shoulder. Gingerly at first, but then a little more solidly if he doesn't pull away.[break][break]

She really doesn't deserve any of this.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 13:13:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]If Isaac had any doubts that Eris knew she was loved, they melted away as she melted into his side.[break][break]

Isaac could feel the poor girl's exhaustion in the weight of her head on his shoulder. How much of her life had she spent running? From those who wished to hurt her? From those who wished to care for her? From herself? It must have been so tiring, always being on the run like that.[break][break]

Enough years of it killed him. He couldn't let it do the same to her.[break][break]

Issac dared not speak. He dared not even move. Disturbing her rest right now was unthinkable. He did, however, reach up to give her some gentle, soothing headpats. In the darkness and the silence, these two veils cast over the chaos and destruction they'd become all too familiar with, he hoped Eris could finally find her comfort.[break][break]

He didn't care how long it would be before she found her words again. Maybe her challenge was correct, and he wouldn't catch her before the sunrise. That was fine by him. He'd sit atop this whale for as long as it took, being strength for the weary and light for the hopeless.[break][break]

Even now, Eris reminded Isaac what he was fighting for.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 13:39:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]They sit here as children of a lonely world, lost under an endless canvas of stars and taught how to breathe once more. His hand is warm to the touch, a somewhat peculiar and foreign sensation that's all too familiar at the very same time.[break][break]

Time dances to the song of the sea, seconds quietly counted in her head as she wonders whether his arm might grow numb. And she's lost, wonderfully so, in the kindness he offers, in the conversation he creates without the slightest hint of sound. To be stuck out on the open seas, nary a worry in sight, with both Reiner and Isaac by her side.[break][break]

Is it selfish if she makes them sit here for just a few minutes longer?[break][break]

Even if it is, she still does it anyways, snatching this fleeting peace for her own whilst it all lasts. And in that time, what he does for her, she does for Reiner. Gentle headpats that still both the racing mind and heart. And perhaps, that's eventually enough for her to scrape something together -[break][break]

"Do you... wanna light sparklers with us?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 14:10:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Nothing I'd rather do."[break][break]

They'd already shared such a moment nearly a year ago. Eris was a known Rocket associate, and yet Rosmontis dared strike against them in the wake of Meteno. She'd donned a third guise for but a fleeting moment, hoping to find normalcy in the form of a New Year's festival. Had it already been so long ago?[break][break]

He promised her a fresh start, a better life. Instead, this latest year had only brought more torment. A step too many across a walked line in the Ultra Deep Sea, burning through what goodwill many in the League had left for her. Secret scars only she bore, forgotten by the world at large. The disappearance of , her rock, who Isaac knew he could never truly live up to.[break][break]

A part of him hated himself for it. He promised her the world, and in turn she'd had her worst year since Kanto. He should have done more. He should have protected her harder. He should have been a better example. In moments like this, it was hard not to feel like a failure, a source of empty comfort.[break][break]

Then he saw those big eyes, full of wonder he'd do anything to protect and fear he'd fight until his last breath, and knew how wrong he was.[break][break]

He wasn't perfect, but he was trying. He couldn't just wave his hands and make everything better. Nobody could. However, when thinking of all the smiles he'd gotten out of Eris, he knew he had to be doing something right. The big things were big. Some he could help with over time. Some Eris would need to face herself. Some were just cracks in an unfair world. But day to day, he'd done more for Eris - for Hoenn, for so many people - than he could ever know.[break][break]

Maybe that was why so many hated him for leaving.[break][break]

All those big things could wait. After all, right now there was nowhere Isaac would rather be than lighting up sparklers with the little sister he'd loved.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here