Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 14:16:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Did it hurt, knowing he'd never measure up?[break][break]

It was ridiculous. These were the musings of a grieving child, someone for whom family meant everything and yet she was deprived time and time again. Nothing in the universe could stack up to the shadow of her grief. Nevertheless, he couldn't lie. After how much he tried for her, it stung being told was the only good thing to happen to her.[break][break]

He shook the thought. This was more important. She was more important. He reached out to gently help dry her tears, the touch of his avatarship stopping the burning as she tried to rub them raw.[break][break]

"You can give him better." His voice was soft, gentle, even as it quivered with the tears he could barely hold back. He refused to cede any ground to them. For once in his life, he needed to be a proper pillar of strength for Eris. For once, he was free from his own crumbling life. "All he wants is for you to give a good life."[break][break]

Buffaloman. Pandora. Sanford. Hearth. Echo. The way their eyes met his was seared into their memory. They sacrificed their lives so that Isaac could escape Sootopolis. Chu-e had done the same. In a way, it was even more painful, because they both had to live wih the agony.[break][break]

"Did I ever tell you what happened the night I left?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 14:32:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"That's not good enough!"[break][break]

Because she knows she's lying if she said she'd live a good one. Because she knows she's the kind that wouldn't be able to simply sit still and live some sort of quiet life, far away from danger.[break][break]

Isaac tries so hard to heal, but that only gives her more chances to hurt.[break][break]

Had he told her what happened? Why would he? When he's been trying to seem strong in front of her for so long? What does it even matter in a moment like this? Though her heart grips tight and throttles her chest, the sudden introduction of a new topic means a new string to cling onto -[break][break]

It takes a bit. It takes a lot from Reiner to not crash right through, and to instead just rest a paw upon her lap that she can take. But eventually she finds just enough of a gap in her thoughts to shake her head.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 14:57:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"It's more than good enough. It's the only thing they could ever want."[break][break]

There were a thousand and one ways for them to be selfish and keep Eris around. In a strange, fucked up way, abandoning Eris was the most unconditional show of support could have given. What Isaac wouldn't have given for there to be any other way.[break][break]

Reiner did his best to soothe Eris. She shook her head, and with it the door was open. It was time for the hardest storytime he would ever have to tell.[break][break]

"It wasn't making all that rain that tired me out. It was nearly killing me." Another bandaid, ripped off, because at this point there had to be hurting before the healing. "Suicune got to me before you did. And when they found me, I was a wreck. Frostbitten. Impaled. Barely breathing, badly bleeding."[break][break]

"And believe it or not? That's me getting off easy."[break][break]

Tears stung at Isaac's eyes, but he still focused above all on drying Eris' own. "Cil had me dead to rights. I should've been dead the moment he got his hands on me. But my Pokemon refused to let that happen. They threw themselves at him, again and again, taking blows that should've been for me instead."[break][break]

He could still see them as clear as day. First, the glimpses of their torture he was given through the haze of miasma. Then, the full picture, revealed by Celebi to mend his aching heart. Even after the piece he had been brought, it left him shivering.[break][break]

"I didn't want them to do it, you know." Another hard truth. Layers on layers. "I was ready to die if it meant they could escape. But they refused to accept it. It was their gift to me. A second chance I never deserved, because they knew 2hat came next and loved me too much to let me suffer for them. All they wanted was to see me safe and, someday, happy."[break][break]

Just like with Chu-e, they had the benefit of a future he didn't get to see. Maybe when she found her happiness, Eris would come to understand just as he had.[break][break]

"I didn't get to say goodbye, either."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 15:18:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]All these things he drops on her in the moment... It must be unnerving how easily she takes it in. Listening to his story, piecing the gaps in her head with whatever he offers her. Sniffling, she looks up to the sight of Isaac's own teary eyes.[break][break]

"I know."[break][break]

I had a dream where you died.
[break]

"You told me."[break][break]

Just not what had been lost in exchange. There is so much that must be processed over the fact that they've been lost. Far too little space in a head as crammed with thoughts as hers.[break][break]

And so, what comes next must seem cruel.[break][break]

"Chu-e isn't dead."[break][break]

What they've given Isaac is a chance at life, a hope for the future he might create. What 's given her isn't a gift, but a curse.[break][break]

"You can't compare them to him."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 15:34:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Oh, but he could. died the moment they went back to Sootopolis City. Unlike his Pokemon, they didn't have the luxury of a quick, glorious death. Instead, they were ready to let themself slowly suffocate until the inevitable took them.[break][break]

"I'm not comparing what they are," he said, steadying his voice even as the pain shot through his heart anew. "I'm comparing what they did. What they sacrificed for us. And what they made us sacrifice in return."[break][break]

It wasn't fair. None of it was. They danced a forever war on puppet's strings while a vengeful god sought their death. Fair didn't exist in the Hoenn region. At its best, this world was some cruel joke. At its worst, it forgot to tell a joke first.[break][break]

That was why Isaac had to keep living, had to keep moving on ahead. Either he succumbed to life's misery, or clawed out a place of peace and love amidst this hell. When he smiled, it was one of defiance. Everything you throw at me, and here I am. You don't even get to be the one laughing.[break][break]

"You don't deserve that weight on your shoulders." He didn't, either. Nobody did. "But I can't and let it crush you, either. Not when you mean so much to me."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 15:49:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I'm going to look for him."[break][break]

Is it considered cold that she refuses to accept that noble notion of 'sacrifice'? That she's pretty much brushing off what he's told her? Whatever care he's trying to show? Her heart wavers from guilt, but cannot afford to yield.[break][break]

"I already lost momma and pa. I've lost Chu-e before. I don't want to lose him again."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:02:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Eris."[break][break]

There was nothing to look for. Isaac knew exactly where they lived. Fuck, he'd stayed there for a month. This wasn't some mystery to be unearthed. This was just a poor, damned fool waiting for the moment they died.[break][break]

"Eris, please. You know me. I've backed you up no matter what." His absence in this endeavor, after everything they'd been through, spoke volumes. "Even I'm saying this is a bad idea. You're just going to get yourself hurt. And, worse, you're going to break their heart."[break][break]

"I'll do anything to make up for it, but for once I need you to trust me. Please!"[break][break]

The first tear hit the sands, just like the first leaves of autumn. Isaac tried and tried and tried, but the dam could only hold for so long. He tried to dredge it back into his eye, but for all of his power its path was unbreakable.[break][break]

"I'm sorry. Today wasn't supposed to be like this . . ."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:18:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He'll do anything, but he won't ever be able to do what she'd ask of him. She doesn't deserve any of what he's given, that he's trying to give.[break][break]

"You don't hav-"[break][break]

Pushed beyond his limits, having to recall possibly one of the worst nights of his life. And now, having to contend with her stubborness even after being punched. She falls silent as the cracks grow larger, as the whole facade he keeps trying to hold together begins to crumble.[break][break]

"No."[break][break]

In the end, everyone can be hurt. Even him.[break][break]

She hesitates to reach out, after everything she's done.[break][break]

"I'm sorry."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:29:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Hey, c'mon. Don't say that. You've got nothing to . . . be sorry . . ."[break][break]

He didn't realize how perfectly the tears framed his smile, somehow as bright as ever, until he saw it reflected in the high tides.[break][break]

With a sigh, Isaac relented. There was no use trying to bury it anymore. For all his strength, for all his gifts, there was simply more of him to deflate when he let go of the idea of being perfect. In some ways, he was still a stranger to this new body. He felt like the same scraggly runaway as always.[break][break]

"It's okay. I get it, yeah?" At least, even with his attempt at playing nice, he wasn't trying to deny her apology anymore. "I've been there before." He'd been a shitty, stubborn brat until a year and a half ago. At least Eris had another half a lifetime before she broke his record. Even then, she was a better kid than he'd ever been.[break][break]

"You've been through too much. You're gonna have those hackles raised sometimes. Sure, you should learn to work with 'em.
But . . . "
He should've bit his tongue and whistled Suicune over to the beach. That would've been much better for Eris. Instead, he tried to tip a very good into a perfect and fumbled the whole bag. "You're a smart kid. Even if it hurts, I knew you'd want the truth."[break][break]

"I guess I just wanted to give you everything. Cause you mean everything to me."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 0:35:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Sometimes, she wishes he'd get mad at her, because the guilt would probably feel so much more bearable.[break][break]

"I thought that they took him." Not that he had returned of his own will. [break][break]

"I thought they were hurting him." Not that he was finding some kind of sanctuary among them.[break][break]

"It's like I'm- I thought he loved me more than that."[break][break]

Just like how she loves him so dearly. That he'd have been willing to weather the storm with her. Sure, she might mean the world to Isaac but-[break][break]

"I thought I meant more to him."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 3:37:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"He loves you more than anything."[break][break]

Isaac didn't know what was right or wrong anymore. Was it better to let Eris sink into her despair, but keep safe and sound? Or was it better to keep the flame in her heart lit, because the idea of it being snuffed out terrified him more than anything? Was he setting her up for disappointment? Was he opening the door for more hurt?[break][break]

Should he even be here?[break][break]

"Sometimes . . . the people we love aren't perfect." He'd been there. He'd walked both sides of that path. "Sometimes they think they're doing what's best for us, but they're being total idiots about it. And sometimes, when they want to help us most, they just end up hurting us."[break][break]

"And sometimes, it's because they don't like themselves. And they don't realize how much they matter until it's too late."[break][break]

Was he talking about how he was making Eris feel? Was he talking about how Eris made him feel? Or was he talking about the region as a whole, letting them down and breaking their hearts time and time again? Sometimes, he was amazed he kept smiling in the face of it all.[break][break]

Maybe he was afraid that, if he let it drop, he'd never get it back.[break][break]

"But it's nothing you did, Eris. And if I'm lying, Arceus can get off his lazy ass and smite me himself for it."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:00:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When has Isaac ever lied? When has he been one to betray the faith of another? In this moment, she can't tell if he's covering for Chu-e or trying to shelter her from the chilling truth.[break][break]

Would it kill him to stop being nice for even a minute?[break][break]

Would it kill her to believe in what he tells her?[break][break]

"Was he ever sorry for leaving me? Alone? In a place like this?"[break][break]

He knew everything that she'd lost. He knew that she had no one out there waiting for her.[break][break]

"Or did he just expect me to simply suck it up? Get on with life 'cos he did it out of love?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:26:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Do you think they would have made that for you if they weren't?"[break][break]

The bracelet, crushed between Eris' fingers. She wasn't wearing it, but her grip on it was iron. Isaac knew, no matter what she said, nothing in the multiverse could take it away from her.[break][break]

"I think . . . they knew." It was hard to admit. Isaac wanted to act like, golly gosh, didn't know what they were doing, and everything was just some big oopsie they could one day mend. But he knew it didn't work that way. "They knew this was going to hurt, and suck, and be really scary. But . . ."[break][break]

"They tried to escape. Their past. Their future. Themselves. They really tried. But, in the end, I think they felt like they couldn't. Like they failed. And I think they were afraid that if they failed themselves, they'd just end up failing you. So they had to make a choice."[break][break]

"They fail you now, and set you free from them. Or they lead you down a bad path and fail you over and over again."[break][break]

That was really what this all came back to, wasn't it? "A place like this." A normal beach in a normal city surrounded by normal people. This was what Eris was describing as a living hell. How much worse would it have gotten, had she not escaped Rocket? How much worse would it have gotten, had Chu-e's return dragged her right back?[break][break]

The alternative, a child soldier in a madman's eternal war, horrified Isaac. He knew it horrified Chu-e, too.[break][break]

Could they even go back? Chu-e had the perfect chance last time. Their "capture" could have let them sneak back into society. Now they were 's next door neighbor. If they'd gotten one free shot at forgiveness from Rocket before, there was no chance in hell they'd have it again. They'd pay the traitor's price, no matter who they were before.[break][break]

It would take far more strength from a far weaker Chu-e, all to spend their last years of life in a world that wouldn't accept them.[break][break]

"Whatever made them make their choice, it wasn't you. It could never be you. And it'd break their heart if they knew you thought that about yourself." Isaac sighed, looking out across a distant ocean. He wondered if Chu-e could feel how much they were talking them. "Before anything else, they'd need to face themself. And those demons run deeper than we could ever know."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:38:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"He said we'd do it together."[break][break]

Back to a night underneath the stars, the two of them seated on the porch of their home.[break][break]

"That I wouldn't have to do it alone..."[break][break]

And that's what hurt the most.[break][break]

"Him... scared of failing me? If he was so confident that I'd be able to move on, why couldn't he be more confident that I'd be able to even if he stayed? At least I'd have someone to live for-"[break][break]

Did Isaac not count as another?[break]
How long until he'd do the same thing as Chu-e?
[break]

"Now I have to- He was my only family outside of Rocket. He isn't- This isn't- He's a coward..."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 5:21:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Someone to live for.[break][break]

Only family.[break][break]

It wasn't the first time Isaac had been on the outside of a family, looking in. If anything, he was used to it. It was the reality of 18 years of upbringing. He'd always be the #2, never the #1. In some ways, he liked it that way. Being loved always left him a little on edge, leaving him wondering what the catch was and at what expense it came.[break][break]

It didn't make it any easier, hearing the girl he'd loved like a sister saw him less like family than the organization that wanted her dead.[break][break]

"They are. But it's not just that. They're haunted." Sometimes, Isaac wondered if Eris forgot everything else about her pa. They were an Underboss. They destroyed people's minds to help them serve Rocket. They were host to the most dangerous creature to ever grace Hoenn's shores. "There's so much that the world hasn't forgotten about them. And I don't know if they can let themself forget, either."[break][break]

They certainly couldn't let themself forgive.[break][break]

"I know you know how it feels, too. And believe me, so do I." He sighed, the weight of the world shuddering through his circles. "I'm not saying that makes what they did okay. Just . . ." No matter how hard Isaac tried, all words escaped him. Only after an agonizing silence did the words finally find their way out of his mouth.[break][break]

"I'm sorry I can't be them. But . . . damnit, Eris. I want to be something for you, at least."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here