light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
only thing you can take from me? are notes.
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 2:13:40 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

a tall stature entered through the double front door establishment. a yawn escaped him. the sound of shuffling black slides uttered with each dragging step that would be taken.[break][break]

within the gym he would come to be greeted by the receptionist, "damian belle." his name was given, "here for an interview with the gym leader, i heard he was hiring." the receptionist, slowly nodding, was in awe of the male's towering build and chosen attire. it was as if he was a college student on his way to class in nothing but his pajamas. one would think they'd dress in business casual for an interview, but he didn't look the part.[break][break]

the receptionist would call for the gym leader, "thanks, desk person." a lazy wave was thrown their way as damian made his way to sit down. folding his arms and crossing one leg over the other, he would sleep for a bit while awaiting for the gym leader.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
note: social. [break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-charizard"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pikachu"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-riolu"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#99a641; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 6:04:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's office building was small and only three floors. Real estate in Mauville was expensive, and most of the Gym's budget went to constructing the sprawling Racing Grounds just outside city limits, featuring two dozen intertwined courses that made the possibilities for Gym Challenges limitless. The waiting room was a love letter to the Johto deity Raikou, a fantasy of his childhood and an eternal reminder of how aiming for the stars nearly caused his life to irreversibly spiral downward.

Following directions from SHELLY SPIEL, the receptionist on duty, Damian would have made his way to a large third-floor office that had clearly been used as storage for a mainframe computer in years past. The south-facing windows gave the best view of the Mauville Racing Grounds below. ARAVAN ESCHER was at the main battle court, the tall young man who dyed his hair blue administering a challenge with several of Josh's water Pokémon, including a vicious Sharpedo that mentally shredded a poor Machoke's mind with his PSYCHIC FANGS.

Only one of his Pokémon was out and about in the server room converted to office, but it was one very precious to Josh: a Zeraora with a saddle covering much of his back. Walking around on all fours like a feral cat rather than upright like many of the rare Pokémon's kind did, he let out a lion-like purr as Josh waved the candidate, @daiman, to approach the desk.

Memorabilia of the legendary Pokémon Raikou was scattered everywhere: figurines, plush, and the like were neatly arranged throughout. Though the most valuable part of the collection on display was a single copy of every officially-produced Raikou trading card printed in the past two decades, his most precious was a 12-inch Raikou plush that sat on the corner of his desk, its condition indicative that it had been loved and cuddled with for quite some time.

"Morning, Damian," Josh greeted the young giant not too much older than he was. The Gym Leader shot him a quizzical glance when he noticed Damian had come to his interview in sleep clothes. While his great physique was a great boon, that he didn't bother coming at least in office attire was an equally big bane. "Have a seat," he gestured toward one of the two office chairs on the other side of the desk before clicking and clacking on his keyboard, pulling a copy of the Gym's internal interview form to take notes on. "So from what I understand, you're interested in a position at Mauville Gym, correct?"

{WC: 427}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 12:52:34 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

an unsettled look donned damian's expression. the paraphernalia of a pokemon he had never seen before made him feel unease. it was like being inside the mind of some con goer. his obsession with this weirdly designed pokemon made him wonder if it was specific to some region he'd never been to. he had little information or barely any idea as to what a raikou was, damian didn't even know its name.

[break][break]

it was then he'd ask a question, damian would respond with an answer. "well, a relative of mine said that you were hiring. i recently returned home after graduating college. i need a job and...oh!" his eye shot wide open at the sudden realization of a plushie nearby. standing from his seat, he would quickly walk over to it and began his physical assessment of the plushie's texture. "so...soft..."

[break][break]

oh, right. he was in a interview. continuing to disregard the gym leader, he would continue to answer the question with a neutral tone. "i need a job. i have experience in pokemon battling..." taking a brief pause he'd think for a moment, "oh and i can fight if i have to. i use to work as a bouncer at a club overnight during college. my dad owns a martial arts dojo in this region and my mom is a pokemon instructor at some expensive private school, picked up fighting from him." he'd continue to, while blushing with a soft smile, stroke and feel the raikou plushie's texture.

[break][break]

"soft..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-charizard"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pikachu"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-riolu"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#99a641; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:28:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Clacking at his keyboard, Josh noticed the lack of specifics of Damian's experience in his sheet for the candidate. When the Leader noticed he was stroking the Raikou plush, especially without his permission, he took his hand off his mouse to slide the adorable yet savage-looking facsimile of his favorite Pokémon closer to himself. He went off-script briefly to ask one follow-up question. "Congratulations on graduating! I noticed you didn't list that on your application. What was your degree in?"

Josh would note Damian's answer before continuing with the questions he asked every candidate. "I pulled up your League file, and I noticed you do not possess a single Hoenn Gym Badge. Do you possess any Badges from other regions?" Gym Badges were an important measure of Trainer prowess respected worldwide. One of a Gym Leader's responsibilities was to make sure they only handed out Badges to those who were truly worthy.

For someone with a college degree, he wasn't very professional; how did he expect to get a white collar job when he couldn't demonstrate people skills to the Leader? The Badges didn't quite matter to Josh as much as the lack of engagement he was receiving. Did this graduate truly want a job? After receiving an answer, he would continue on. "A lack of Hoenn League Badges will not disqualify you from consideration. Which position or positions were you interested in filling?"

{WC: 235}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 4:35:35 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"thanks." a small smile formed from praise.

damian began to space out at the questions. the gym leader said so much he wasn't sure on which to respond to. damian became lost in thought as he pondered on the questions. "biology, i thought learning about the body of human and pokemon were pretty cool." that's all he could say on the subject; though there was more to it than he led on. "i like pokemon and i like people, nothing more and nothing less." damian would then proceed onto the next answer.
[break][break]

"badges..." he wondered what exact purpose did they serve, "...i like pokemon." he responded neutrally once more with the same answer. he grew up around them, watching them, and thought they were cool. "i never had an interest in them." the purpose stay served didn't poke his interest. "too much work for an uncool title, and the thought of being bothered by everyone because you're champion sounds..." he'd imagine the harassment one could receive, "exhausting."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 2:11:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Biology was a field that was tangentially important to Pokémon racers. Studying the physiology of Pokémon was important to learning which ones excelled at the three pillars of racing. Those three pillars were the speed to outrun the competition, the endurance to make it through the entire race, and the cornering to maintain that speed during sharp turns and other obstacles that modern courses were filled with.

The other questions seemed to go over Damian's head. Was he even paying attention. The question about out-of-region Badges wasn't as important. "Being a Champion, while something great to aspire for, certainly isn't for everyone. Even being a Gym Leader comes with being stalked by the paparazzi at times. As long as you enjoy being with your Pokémon, and they're enjoying what you do together, everyone wins."

With that aside wrapped up, Josh directed things back on track. "Now, which position or positions were you interested in?" he repeated himself, a little more slowly the second time for emphasis.

{WC: 169}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 22:24:50 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh..." he would take a long pause once again, "...oh, that's right. i'm a certified emt. so a paramedic will do." after all, he did have an interest in becoming, possibly, a pokemon doctor. he wasn't sure about that path. how could he have forgotten that was his entire reason for applying. must have slipped the youth's mmind.

[break][break]

"it would help with the experience if i ever plan on aiming to become a doctor someday."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
i. new kid on the block
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 6:57:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh subtly smiled when Damian was interested in a position that wasn't a Gym Trainer; ever since the disaster involving , he had a hard time filling those positions. He needed to hire more security in-house, too; hiring a third party to do so was an unneeded drain on his Gym's funding. "What a noble profession," he remarked. "Medical professionals are truly unsung heroes. You certainly have a variety of experiences in life. I might have to consider you to be a floater for other positions, too."

After entering the candidate's responses, Josh searched public records for Damien's certification, and was able to find it easily. It was completely legitimate. "It's an important position for us to be able to comply with regional safety regulations as an official Pokémon Gym." The interviewer moved on to the next section of the questionnaire. "Other than your EMT certification, what skills do you have that will let you succeed in this position? Why do you want this position?"

{WC: 166}
{PC: 4}