Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
battle: lulu v. genny [rt]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 4:34:16 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

Beneath in the caverns, the Senior Ranger finds herself throwing down as best she can, taking the opportunity to throw everything out she can with Frosty by her side. The yeti stands in front of her, and Genny holds her hand out.[break][break]

The WOOD HAMMER collides into the ground of the cavern, a shockwave from the Abomasnow as it roars out, the shiny gleam from a blue arm strengthened by its strike downwards, as she rubs at her mouth.[break][break]

"You won't take another step as long as I'm standing!"[break][break]

With her cry outwards, she holds fast to challenge any Rocket that dares to challenge her, and Frosty together. Ice at the ready. Days upon days of abuse wearing and tearing at her mental and her body. She can't afford to let Rocket win here.[break][break]

Enter the challenger.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE, VIBE MUSIC?[break]
- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 10 MP for POST[break]
- Her Abomasnow slams down with a WOOD HAMMER in intimidation, Genny's eyes full of determination, bright and ready.[break]
- She makes a declaration. They won't take a step forward as long as Genny is standing.[break]
- To scare the enemy away as best as she can.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 1:20:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

at this point, she was in a sour mood, to say the least. finally ready for a fight, even, though she’d had to dial it back in the presence of so many others now in the cave.[break][break]

still, she seethed, the pain of a betrayal burning in her amber eyes, back at some vaguely familiar face. she couldn’t place where she had seen this ranger before, but it didn’t matter.[break][break]

”then i will cut you down.”[break][break]

a subtle gesture of her finger was enough to send her bird swooping down with a screech. colors swirled in ribbons until they formed a horrific mirage, a powerful night shade careening towards the abomasnow.[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noctowl"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:38:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The voice comes out for her, and Genny's hazel eyes quickly focus on a horrific mirage, as the yeti tanks the NIGHT SHADE, forced back through rocks and stone, tearing through the ground, as they both look up as one at the bird that swooped down.[break][break]

Genny isn't done. No chance.[break][break]

"See if you can then!" Overconfident, Genny points back with a hand, not-too-subtle with her own command.[break][break]

Flipping her palm to face upwards, Genny orders out. "Leech Seed it! Keep it from an easy hit." Abomasnow are much bigger than the bird in question, so it'd be easier to hit them. Setting that LEECH SEED now prevents an easy win for the opponent.[break][break]

The Abomasnow roars out as it fires out the leech seed for the bird foe, Genny's eyes on the opposition now.

[break][break]

NOTES

- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 20 MP for POST[break]
- Frosty tanks the NIGHT SHADE, sliding backwards, as Genny responds to the challenge in kind.[break]
- Firing out a LEECH SEED to ensure a not-so-easy fight.[break]
- Genny is having a full ass stare down.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 1:34:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

a leech seed was planted beneath the feathers of her noctowl, sapping infinity energy and causing it to falter in the air, drifting lower than it meant to towards the abomasnow. the bird leaned into the accidental maneuver, picking up speed and opting for a sky attack.[break][break]

when the ranger met lulu’s eyes, her amber stare was cold and unyielding, though her brow began to scrunch as memories returned to her.[break][break]

”you were at the swamp, weren’t you? under route 119.”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 4:41:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With the smackdown that was the SKY ATTACK, coming down and landing a much more devastating strike to the Abomasnow compared to the LEECH SEED, Genny was about to call for the command. An easy Wood Hammer... until.[break][break]

The Rocket spoke about the swamp. And Genny's hazel eyes shoot open, her expression from sour and deadly confident to confused, and uncertain.[break][break]

"Huh?"[break][break]

The redhead is taken aback. How else does she ponder this. Due to this, Frosty can't get the orders they need. So... they have to fend for themselves a moment. The Abomasnow responds in kind with a SWAGGER, intent to confuse it for more time to give Genny a moment to get her bearings.[break][break]

But that's taking a hot minute. "I was... were you...?" that was during the whole Megalopolan attack. She knows it, because it was a harrowing moment. Her entire back broke open with some kind of toxic limb, a memory she didn't want to remember. Not to the forefront.

[break][break]

NOTES

- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 30 MP for POST[break]
- Unable to properly command, Genny is being distracted, Frosty goes ahead and uses SWAGGER[break]
- Uncertain how to proceed, Genny merely asks Lulu if she was there too.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 18:58:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was as though the icy wind of the crown tundra that blew behind her eyes suddenly ceased, the frigidness of her stare relenting some.[break][break]

”yes,” she answered, ”i was.”[break][break]

out of the corner of her gaze, she caught the confusion in her bird’s maneuvers. its feathers flew loose amidst aimless thrashing, but she continued anyways, ”notice any side effects?”[break][break]

though they were mid-battle, she could see no harm in asking. the worst this ranger could do was ignore her questioning.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 20:57:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

She was... now this was interesting. Why did she use that now? Why was it something she approached with. Genny's eyes are on the Abomasnow... and she willingly lets her guard down. Naivete. "Frosty... hold for a moment."[break][break]

Genny needed to get to the bottom of this.[break][break]

The Abomasnow sits, behind Genny, as the redhead takes a step forward. "Not since the removal of the chain, no." Nothing physical. But the whole ordeal had taken a massive toll on Genny's psyche, and how powerless she felt. "You seem a lot more sensible than your contemporaries... so why?"[break][break]

"Why Rocket?"[break][break]

Her guard was down now... Frosty's too, out of the request. It'd be so easy.

[break][break]

NOTES

- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 40 MP for POST[break]
- Hearing more from Lulu, Genny orders Frosty to hold, and decides it is better to get info. To respond...[break]
- She asks, why Rocket. A lull in the battle... Genny and Frosty are fully vulnerable.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 5:18:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

not since the removal of the chain. good.[break][break]

distraction had not been a strategy, but she quickly realized the opening her question had created. foolish of you, she thought of the ranger, for she was not above taking the shot, and this opponent should have known better.[break][break]

”hypnosis,” she commanded, and her noctowl arced around to peer at the abomasnow with eyes aglow.[break][break]

lulu did answer, ”i’m a scientist.” really, whether that made her more sensible or not was very much debatable. [break][break]

and why rocket? there were a number of reasons, but she'd give one.[break][break]

"because the league hides and gatekeeps scientific progress, and their restrictions would hinder my research. in rocket, my work is funded and i can do my work freely." simple enough.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 3:26:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Her heels wheel around immediately after the Rocket's command, and the redhead stares as the Abomasnow collapses from exhaustion. The HYPNOSIS hits true, leaving Genny defenseless, and at the mercy to the Rocket in front of her.[break][break]

"Frosty..."[break][break]

With it, it was effortless to push through. Genny knew better than to push that limit. Still... it absolutely confounds her how she cannot keep them from continuing. But... maybe she can change their mind?[break][break]

Good a shot as any.[break][break]

"They'd only gatekeep it if it meant it could fall into the wrong hands." She holds true, defending the League. Maybe this woman can work freely, but not all scientific progress can be good progress, can it? She holds true to that thought. "Is there no middleground? Deals are made from give and take, so is there no room for negotiation?" Maybe they were like some of the other Rockets she had met...[break][break]

... maybe not though.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE, BATTLE OVER, SOFTER SONG[break]
- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 50 MP for POST[break]
- Unable to stop the HYPNOSIS, Genny attempts to bridge the gap and just... talk?[break]
- She wants to believe that her view of the League is harsh, and that there can be compromise. There has to be.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 18:34:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

there was a tight, sour smile at ’wrong hands’, and it took effort to refrain from cutting the ranger off then and there. she listened, though, the questions twisting her face into something more bitter.[break][break]

because of . because of . because of all the irreversible things that had happened.[break][break]

”no.” there would be no middle-ground or playing nice. never again. ”not now.”[break][break]

betrayal dampened her spirit, dragged it down beneath colder waves of hatred. her voice lowered, ”you should go back to your friends.”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 19:27:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Trapped by the circumstance alone, Genny takes a step forward. Her lip trembles, and she winces. Her fists clinch, but a glance towards Frosty's sleeping form... she returns him. No more death. No more.[break][break]

With a bitter reluctance to every step, she walks towards and past the Rocket. If nothing else, she didn't knock her out like the one in the cave for trying ( ), or outright break her spirit. She lent an ear. But the world had done something awful to her... it had betrayed her. Someone, or something had closed the door.[break][break]

As she steps forward, stopping to look back...[break][break]

"I hope one day, you can. Even if it's just me who has to hold the door open." she tries to shoot her a soft, small smile. No hard feelings meant... Genny failed her mission. But that didn't bother her compared to the Rocket behind her.[break][break]

She continues to walk.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE, BATTLE OVER, SOFTER SONG[break]
- BATTLE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 60 MP for POST, 300 MP for LOSS, 150 MP for BATTLE[break]
- With compromise impossible, Genny returns Frosty the Abomasnow and begins to walk away, past Lulu.[break]
- Doesn't want to ever say it'll never happen. She tells her as much, even if she's the only one to hold the door open. She leaves.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 6:10:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

to lulu, they were far past negotiating–but it was ultimately a decision up to those at the top of the organization, and she didn’t attempt to guess their plans anymore. time would tell.[break][break]
as the ranger left, she gave no response. though she did briefly try to think of something else to say, the echoes of battle filled the growing distance between them until she disappeared between the bodies of other rockets, pushing her way towards and the door again.[break][break]
her face was brooding.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
+ 50 MP for participation[break]
+ 60 MP for six posts[break]
+ 150 MP for rt battle[break]
+ 200 MP for winning rt battle[break]
total: 460 MP[break]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]